PDA

View Full Version : tPF Bernie Sanders wins Kansas, Nebraska

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 12:19 AM
TrueBlue, this is what a fighter looks like. We don't give up no matter what.

Bernie Sanders wins caucuses in Kansas, Nebraska (https://www.rt.com/usa/334683-sanders-clinton-democratic-contest/)

Bernie Sanders has won the Democratic presidential nomination contest in Kansas, party officials confirmed without announcing the margin. The Vermont senator has also beaten his rival in Nebraska, while Hillary Clinton claimed victory in Louisiana.

The article also says that the state party isn't releasing the vote totals from Kansas. I wonder why?

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 12:30 AM
Crepitus, JVV, I'm thinking they aren't releasing the vote totals because he blew her out of the water and they don't want her looking weak.

Kinda hurts the inevitability mantra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMFhYMVawk

Dr. Who
03-06-2016, 12:44 AM
Bernie is doing rather well in the north.

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 12:49 AM
Bernie is doing rather well in the north.

That's what I've been saying about the Democratic nomination so far. Hillary's advantage is in the south. Well, guess what? Only two southern states left on the board now that Louisiana has voted, and that's Mississippi and Florida. The rest of the states on the board benefit Bernie.

Dr. Who
03-06-2016, 01:06 AM
That's what I've been saying about the Democratic nomination so far. Hillary's advantage is in the south. Well, guess what? Only two southern states left on the board now that Louisiana has voted, and that's Mississippi and Florida. The rest of the states on the board benefit Bernie.
It will certainly be interesting to see what transpires. At the very least, Bernie has enough support to make an independent run.

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 01:13 AM
It will certainly be interesting to see what transpires. At the very least, Bernie has enough support to make an independent run.

With Trump and Hillary on the ballot, he could end up being the first independent president since Washington :tongue:

Anyway, it's almost guaranteed at this point that even if he loses the nomination, he'll wield enough capital to force changes to the Democratic Party.

Dr. Who
03-06-2016, 01:16 AM
With Trump and Hillary on the ballot, he could end up being the first independent president since Washington :tongue:

Anyway, it's almost guaranteed at this point that even if he loses the nomination, he'll wield enough capital to force changes to the Democratic Party.
The support thus far proves that the status quo is not what it used to be.

domer76
03-06-2016, 01:29 AM
All of the hoopla is nice, but Clinton still gathered more delegates today than Bernie. I like Bernie, but he simply doesn't have a path to the nomination.

JVV
03-06-2016, 01:49 AM
Maybe Democrats will wake up in time to realize that he is more electable than she is.

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 02:13 AM
All of the hoopla is nice, but Clinton still gathered more delegates today than Bernie. I like Bernie, but he simply doesn't have a path to the nomination.

I never expected him to win the nomination. I have my eyes on a bigger prize.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 05:18 AM

If Bernie ran independent against Hillary and Trump he would pull votes from Hillary and Trump would win.

Bernie would be interesting. We could hardly afford his tax increases, but those would never pass.

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 07:26 AM
Pfff, yeah why worry about the fact that he lost the far more populous and delegate-rich state of Louisiana by a margin of 46 points, thus coming away from the evening trailing even further in delegate totals than he started the day out, when he won a couple basically all-white, sparsely-populated agrarian states by a margin of about 20-30 points instead? Why worry about trailing in Tuesday's contest in urban, heavily-populated Michigan (nope it's definitely NOT just Southern states) by 27 points when you can win rural, virtually all-white Maine instead?

I don't like belittling my own home state, but there's a definite theme to the type of states Bernie is winning. Bernie seems to fare by far the best in states that are demographically similar to my own and his own: sparsely-populated agrarian states that are basically all-white. I'm not sure that's the path to the Democratic nomination. This is a big part of why I've given up on Bernie's presidential campaign. There's just no point. Clearly he has no path to the nomination. It's time to move on to the next stage of this race.

hanger4
03-06-2016, 07:32 AM
What's the delegate count not including superdelegates (who will vote as told) on the Dem. side ??

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 07:34 AM
Pfff, yeah why worry about the fact that he lost the far more populous and delegate-rich state of Louisiana by a margin of 46 points, thus coming away from the evening trailing even further in delegate totals than he started the day out, when he won a couple basically all-white, sparsely-populated agrarian states by a margin of about 20-30 points instead? Why worry about trailing in Tuesday's contest in urban, heavily-populated Michigan (nope it's definitely NOT just Southern states) by 27 points when you can win rural, virtually all-white Maine instead?

I don't like belittling my own home state, but there's a definite theme to the type of states Bernie is winning. Bernie seems to fare by far the best in states that are demographically similar to my own and his own: sparsely-populated agrarian states that are basically all-white. I'm not sure that's the path to the Democratic nomination. This is a big part of why I've given up on Bernie's presidential campaign. There's just no point. Clearly he has no path to the nomination. It's time to move on to the next stage of this race.

I called the Bernie voters early. :wink:

zelmo1234
03-06-2016, 07:41 AM

I think that you are correct, But what remains to be seen, is if the Democratic party will listen. Remember the TEA party and the election of 8 senators, and over 50 house member's??? They were ignored by the establishment Republicans.

That is exactly where the fracture in the GOP started and why they are in the situation they are today.

I suspect that Bernie may even win more allocated delegates that Hillary, but the party through their super delegate program has chosen her, that is a lot to over come

zelmo1234
03-06-2016, 07:46 AM
I think that the DNC, is going to fracture their party with the way they are treating Bernie.

Clearly they don't realize that by selecting Hillary, the Bernie voters will be on the sidelines. This is where Trump becomes scary and gets his support.

Trump voter are sending a message to the party elites. And that message is don't listen to us and we will screw you. imagine the support Trump will gain form pissed off Bernie supporters?

This is a race that could very well change America

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 07:51 AM
hanger4 wrote:
What's the delegate count not including superdelegates (who will vote as told) on the Dem. side ??

Currently, after last night, it's estimated at 632 for Hillary Clinton (26.5% of the total needed to win the nomination) versus 441 for Bernie Sanders (18.5% of the total needed to secure the nomination), and that's NOT including the votes of "super" delegates, who are overwhelming voting for Clinton. Thus, even without super delegates factored into the equation, mathematically speaking, Ted Cruz has a better chance of becoming the Republican nominee than Bernie Sanders does of becoming the Democratic nominee, as Sanders is trailing Clinton by a wider margin than Cruz is trailing Trump by on the Republican side.

Bottom line: Sanders would need to average 70% of the popular vote in all the remaining states in order to win the Democratic nomination, where so far he's only gotten 70% of the vote or more in only one state -- his native Vermont -- if that puts matters in perspective for you. And that's if the DNC didn't cheat in terms of "super" delegate allocations. It's over. And it's only going to get more over. Time to move on.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 07:56 AM
Not enough privileged white hippies to get Sanders the votes he needs.

That is his base.

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
I dunno, Kansas and Nebraska don't strike me as "hippie" states. Now maybe us here in Vermont...:tongue:

But yeah, Sanders definitely has a demographic problem when it comes to black voters. He's losing among African Americans by a margin of about 75 points in each of the contests wherein they're a major factor (as we saw in Louisiana last night and we'll doubtless see again in Michigan on Tuesday). You've gotta have that vote going into the general election if you're the Democratic nominee, just as Hillary Clinton will need to be able to turn out the youth on election day in November. Both candidates are showing some real weaknesses right now. It's just that Bernie's are bigger ones. However, they're not unsolvable problems. Whoever wins the Democratic nomination (I say that like there's any chance it won't be Hillary) can probably solve their demographic shortcomings, at least for the most part, by selecting the right running mate if they have the wisdom to do so.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 08:09 AM
You'd be surprised! :wink:
I dunno, Kansas and Nebraska don't strike me as "hippie" states. Now maybe us here in Vermont...:tongue:

But yeah, Sanders definitely has a demographic problem when it comes to black voters. He's losing among African Americans by a margin of about 75 points in each of the contests wherein they're a major factor (as we saw in Louisiana last night and we'll doubtless see again in Michigan on Tuesday). You've gotta have that vote going into the general election if you're the Democratic nominee, just as Hillary Clinton will need to be able to turn out the youth on election day in November. Both candidates are showing some real weaknesses right now. It's just that Bernie's are bigger ones. However, they're not unsolvable problems. Whoever wins the Democratic nomination (I say that like there's any chance it won't be Hillary) can probably solve their demographic shortcomings, at least for the most part, by selecting the right running mate if they have the wisdom to do so.

PNW
03-06-2016, 08:46 AM
@TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308), this is what a fighter looks like. We don't give up no matter what.

Bernie Sanders wins caucuses in Kansas, Nebraska (https://www.rt.com/usa/334683-sanders-clinton-democratic-contest/)

The article also says that the state party isn't releasing the vote totals from Kansas. I wonder why?

I'm glad Bernie did well, I hope he keeps it up.
For the first time in my life I am at this point undecided and find myself not really caring who I vote FOR but only about who I vote AGAINST.
To be honest that disturbs me.

PNW
03-06-2016, 08:56 AM
I think that the DNC, is going to fracture their party with the way they are treating Bernie.

Clearly they don't realize that by selecting Hillary, the Bernie voters will be on the sidelines. This is where Trump becomes scary and gets his support.

Trump voter are sending a message to the party elites. And that message is don't listen to us and we will screw you. imagine the support Trump will gain form pissed off Bernie supporters?

You've been listening to and believing far too much rightwing media.

Mac-7
03-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Considering those states are mostly white does Bernie get any delegates since the unofficial goal of the democrat party seems to be empowering minorities and erase "white privilege?"

domer76
03-06-2016, 09:34 AM

You have it exactly backwards.

Mac-7
03-06-2016, 09:38 AM

I don't think the dnc is going anywhere no matter which candidate they select

there are too many shoeless unConservatives who expect government handouts and only the democrat party willing to deliver

PNW
03-06-2016, 09:46 AM
Considering those states are mostly white does Bernie get any delegates since the unofficial goal of the democrat party seems to be empowering minorities and erase "white privilege?"
Why do conservatives always play the race card?

Crepitus
03-06-2016, 09:50 AM
Crepitus, JVV, I'm thinking they aren't releasing the vote totals because he blew her out of the water and they don't want her looking weak.

Kinda hurts the inevitability mantra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMFhYMVawk

He got 23 delegates to her 10 so yea, I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 10:05 AM
You've been listening to and believing far too much rightwing media.

That would be hard considering 90% of the media works for the DNC.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Incorrect.

domer76
03-06-2016, 10:16 AM
Incorrect.

Right. It's the Democratic Party that's coming apart at the seams, not the Republican Party.

lol

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Right. It's the Democratic Party that's coming apart at the seams, not the Republican Party.

lol

Incorrect.

Mac-7
03-06-2016, 11:20 AM
Why do conservatives always play the race card?

Hillary is campaigning to blacks and women using the race and sex card

PNW
03-06-2016, 11:23 AM
That would be hard considering 90% of the media works for the DNC.
Which is an outright lie, but you swallow anything.

PNW
03-06-2016, 11:24 AM

lol
It's amazing what they swallow, then blame others for!
Reality has never been in the the rights wheelhouse!

PNW
03-06-2016, 11:25 AM
Hillary is campaigning to blacks and women using the race and sex card
And you continue to play the race card, why?

domer76
03-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Incorrect.

Amazing that the Democrats come out of their debate discussing policy differences and the Republicans come out discussing dick sizes.

You and your party are nothing more than a giant caricature.

TrueBlue
03-06-2016, 12:52 PM
@TrueBlue (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1308), this is what a fighter looks like. We don't give up no matter what.

Let's never lose sight of the fact that Hillary Clinton is also a fighter! She has been doing great with delegate support! And she has just won Louisiana too! And Hillary doesn't give up either especially when she has a greater number of delegates, way more than twice as many as Bernie Sanders does.

So, while Bernie continues to look through his rose-colored glasses for the nomination, Hillary is looking with pragmatism and direction that leads straight to the White House with the help of her delegates and supporters. That is what is going to count and something that Bernie is sorely losing in. He can't hope to win the Democratic nomination with such poor delegate showing and non-support with little to no chance of improving.

Election 2016: Total Delegate Count For Democrats, Republicans
By Abigail Abrams

http://www.ibtimes.com/election-2016-total-delegate-count-democrats-republicans-2330885

"Former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

Pledged delegates: 608

Superdelegates: 458

Total: 1,066

U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders of Vermont

Pledged delegates: 410

Superdelegates: 22

Total: 432"

PNW
03-06-2016, 01:28 PM
Amazing that the Democrats come out of their debate discussing policy differences and the Republicans come out discussing dick sizes.

I think you are being generous, the gop is a total joke, they have been for decades.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 02:03 PM
Which is an outright lie, but you swallow anything.

Incorrect (http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=2293859).

Educate yourself first. Post second.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 02:04 PM

What party. I left the GOP in 2006 because they were spending like drunken democrats.

Try not to embarrass yourself in the future.

PNW
03-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Incorrect (http://thepoliticalforums.com/search.php?searchid=2293859).

Educate yourself first. Post second.
Repeating advice given to you doesn't make you smart.
Noit telling outright lies makes you a better person, give it a try.

PNW
03-06-2016, 02:07 PM
What party. I left the GOP in 2006 because they were spending like drunken democrats.

Still with the lies and childish insults?
Have you nothing else?

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 02:10 PM
Still with the lies and childish insults?
Have you nothing else?

Address my actual post and don't type nonsense. Please.

PNW
03-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Address my actual post and don't type nonsense. Please.
I did troll, sorry you don't like it.

Green Arrow
03-06-2016, 02:34 PM
Let's never lose sight of the fact that Hillary Clinton is also a fighter! She has been doing great with delegate support! And she has just won Louisiana too! And Hillary doesn't give up either especially when she has a greater number of delegates, way more than twice as many as Bernie Sanders does.

So, while Bernie continues to look through his rose-colored glasses for the nomination, Hillary is looking with pragmatism and direction that leads straight to the White House with the help of her delegates and supporters. That is what is going to count and something that Bernie is sorely losing in. He can't hope to win the Democratic nomination with such poor delegate showing and non-support with little to no chance of improving.

Election 2016: Total Delegate Count For Democrats, Republicans
By Abigail Abrams

http://www.ibtimes.com/election-2016-total-delegate-count-democrats-republicans-2330885

Go to Hell, and take Hillary with you.

I'm sure she'd enjoy a road trip with her biggest fan.

TrueBlue
03-06-2016, 02:36 PM

Oh my goodness, how the truth must hurt! http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/ahswen/5.gif

Boris The Animal
03-06-2016, 03:15 PM

Anyway, it's almost guaranteed at this point that even if he loses the nomination, he'll wield enough capital to force changes to the Democratic Party.You mean first COMMUNIST President. That right there warrants Sanders' disqualification.

IMPress Polly
03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Wow this thread has gotten stupid. :tongue: [/troll post]

Boris The Animal
03-06-2016, 03:37 PM
Wow this thread has gotten stupid. :tongue: [/troll post]
What is truly stupid is the American Electorate. I'm sure that the lessons of the Cold War haven't fazed you, Polly. Communism/Socialism/Leftism is a failed ideology.

PNW
03-06-2016, 05:26 PM
What is truly stupid is the American Electorate. I'm sure that the lessons of the Cold War haven't fazed you, Polly. Communism/Socialism/Leftism is a failed ideology.
Not as failed as conservatism.

MisterVeritis
03-06-2016, 05:30 PM

Do you think trueblue is paid by the post or by the day? I think it is by the post. It could be by the word.

Boris The Animal
03-06-2016, 06:02 PM
Not as failed as conservatism.Oh Bullsh!t. It was Conservatism that defeated Communism. If you want your precious Leftist totalitarianism, move to North Korea, Bolshevik.

The Xl
03-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Rooting for a Bernie vs Trump election to put the nail in the establishments coffin.

I don't even know where her support comes from. Almost everyone I talk to in person doesn't like her.

domer76
03-06-2016, 06:22 PM
Oh Bullsh!t. It was Conservatism that defeated Communism. If you want your precious Leftist totalitarianism, move to North Korea, Bolshevik.

Customer service on aisle seven for bulk tinfoil. Aisle seven for bulk tinfoil please

domer76
03-06-2016, 06:25 PM

That is so wonderful for you. Can you grab that water bucket for the rest of us?

JVV
03-06-2016, 06:56 PM

If Hillary weren't in the race, Sanders would pull the minority vote.

With Sanders out of the race, there is doubt about whether Hillary can pull the blue collar vote.

My blue collar husband will vote for Sanders in the primary.

Against Clinton, he'll vote for whomever the GOP is running.

JVV
03-06-2016, 07:05 PM
All Democrats have to do is get minorities acquainted with Sanders.

That's all that was ever needed.

But establishment Democrats were quite happy with the media blackout for Sanders as Trump gobbled up the media attention.

And now Trump is a godzilla who might not be able to be stopped, and Democrats gave a pass to the candidate whose message would inherently have the most to appeal to minorities and everyone else left out of the recovery.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/03/05/bernie-sanders-to-run-5-minute-documentary-ad-on-univision-to-court-hispanics/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XXEHZsAkR0

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 07:05 PM
I did troll, sorry you don't like it.

lol

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 07:07 PM
That is so wonderful for you. Can you grab that water bucket for the rest of us?

Party members carry the buckets.... :wink:

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 07:08 PM
If Hillary weren't in the race, Sanders would pull the minority vote.

With Sanders out of the race, there is doubt about whether Hillary can pull the blue collar vote.

My blue collar husband will vote for Sanders in the primary.

Against Clinton, he'll vote for whomever the GOP is running.

Sanders would not get the black vote in the south.

The blue collar vote is turning Trump.

Chris
03-06-2016, 08:03 PM

Let's not be telling people where they can go. Let's get back to topic.

JVV
03-06-2016, 08:50 PM
Sanders would not get the black vote in the south.

The blue collar vote is turning Trump.

Yes, Sanders would get the black vote. With his civil rights history against the history of anyone on the GOP ticket, of course he would win the black vote. All that would be needed is to make sure people know that history.

The blue collar vote is turning to Trump because Democrats are turning to Clinton.

Sanders would get the blue collar vote.

The Xl
03-06-2016, 09:01 PM
A little off topic, but I'm enjoying Sanders wreck Hillary Clinton in this debate.

Boris The Animal
03-06-2016, 09:04 PM
But once again, history has proven the US will never accept a far Left whackjob like Sanders. Remember the 1984 Election Massacre and Walter Effing Mondull? Same thing.

Peter1469
03-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Yes, Sanders would get the black vote. With his civil rights history against the history of anyone on the GOP ticket, of course he would win the black vote. All that would be needed is to make sure people know that history.

The blue collar vote is turning to Trump because Democrats are turning to Clinton.

Sanders would get the blue collar vote.

Incorrect on both accounts. The polls agree with me. :wink:

JVV
03-06-2016, 09:51 PM
Incorrect on both accounts. The polls agree with me. :wink:

You have polls showing that minorities won't vote for the Democratic candidate if it's Sanders?

Excuse me for being dubious.

I would like to see those polls.

Thank you.

IMPress Polly
03-07-2016, 06:16 AM
The XL wrote:
Rooting for a Bernie vs Trump election to put the nail in the establishments coffin.

I don't even know where her support comes from. Almost everyone I talk to in person doesn't like her.

"Like" might be a bit of a stretch even for me. I find her acceptable.

A little off topic, but I'm enjoying Sanders wreck Hillary Clinton in this debate.

While it was fun to see Bernie really go on the offensive, I don't think that substantively he got very far with Michigan voters who will be casting their ballots tomorrow. He'll certainly beat Hillary with the significant portion of Michiganders who will vote essentially or exclusively based on trade issues because outsourcing is a massive problem in Michigan, but Michigan is also the home of automobile production in this country and Bernie was in the awkward position of having to defend voting against the auto bailout, which was and is very popular in Michigan. Hillary was also clearly more fluent in the details of the specific situations in Flint and in Detroit's crumbling public schools and frankly has the correct position on gun control to win the votes of urban Michiganders (especially black voters), for whom gun violence is a serious, in many cases everyday, reality. If Bernie hopes to actually make inroads on Hillary in this primary season, he's got to stop just writing off every state that has more than 50 black voters. In terms of your delegate total, it's way more important to win in Michigan than in Maine.

PNW
03-07-2016, 09:03 AM
Oh Bullsh!t. It was Conservatism that defeated Communism. If you want your precious Leftist totalitarianism, move to North Korea, Bolshevik.
Thats quite the fantasy world you live in, but you cons never were much for the real world.

PNW
03-07-2016, 09:06 AM
You have polls showing that minorities won't vote for the Democratic candidate if it's Sanders?

Excuse me for being dubious.

I would like to see those polls.

Thank you.
Don't hold your breath, that troll never backs up what he makes up.