PDA

View Full Version : Rubio raises doubts that he can support Trump as the GOP nominee

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 06:48 AM
Rubio raises doubts that he can support Trump as the GOP nominee
(https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/12/given-violence-rubio-says-he-now-doubts-that-he-can-support-trump-as-the-gop-nominee/)
I never thought that he would.

I still think there is a chance that Trump will be told at the convention that Jeb is going to be his VP.

That is how Bush the Elder was presented to Reagan.

Sen. Marco Rubio strongly condemned the chaos exhibited at Donald Trump’s recent rallies and called on the Republican front-runner to denounce the violence.

Visibly frustrated by the prospects of Trump’s ascendance, Rubio’s voice cracked as he raised — for the first time — the specter of not supporting the businessman as the Republican Party’s presidential nominee.

“I mean, I already talked about the fact that I think Hillary Clinton would be terrible for this country, but the fact that you’re even asking me this question,” he said, pausing before continuing. “I still at this moment continue to intend to support the Republican nominee, but it’s getting harder every day."

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Well it is a good thing that Rubio is showing his true colors, there was a time when I thought that he was a political outsider, but as we have seen over the last 4 years, he is a card carrying member of the GOP establishment

So I will not even hint. If YOU MR Rubio somehow swindle you way to the nomination through a contested convention, I will not vote for you!

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 07:34 AM
Well it is a good thing that Rubio is showing his true colors, there was a time when I thought that he was a political outsider, but as we have seen over the last 4 years, he is a card carrying member of the GOP establishment

So I will not even hint. If YOU MR Rubio somehow swindle you way to the nomination through a contested convention, I will not vote for you!

Good! I won't either.

midcan5
03-13-2016, 07:57 AM
History has a way of repeating itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiG0AE8zdTU

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 08:22 AM
History has a way of repeating itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LiG0AE8zdTU

lol

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 09:56 AM
Hm.

Since every one of the candidates pledged support to each other should each of them be named the nominee, this feels like Establishment manipulation of Trump to me.

I believe this statement of Rubio's was made in the event that Trump falls just short of the 1237 delegates threshold.

If this GOPe strategy works (where they ensure the continued campaign of KaSUCK and Rubio to guarantee a dilution of Cruz delegates, and continue the trajectory of Trump's 'near miss' to capture 1237 delegates, ensuring a brokered convention), the GOPe needs some supposedly credible basis to award the nomination to another candidate.

This is the GOPe laying the groundwork to justify that. It's utter bullsht, of course - but I think they want Trump to go 3rd Party, because it is my opinion that the GOPe doesn't care as much that Hillary wins as much as they care that Trump or Cruz lose.

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 10:01 AM
Read joemiller.us (http://joemiller.us/2015/09/smoking-gun-gop-establishment-strategy-to-nominate-bush-by-flooding-race-with-candidates-exposed/?utm_source=JoeMiller.US+List&utm_campaign=1b7f0d7b65-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_065b6c381c-1b7f0d7b65-231004669) for a complete understanding of just how the GOPe has manipulated the primary process to weed out challenges to their hegemony.

The Dem Party, you'll notice, took a different approach, because of their super-delegate (corrupt) structure. There, you see Sanders winning solid majorities in various States, but still awarding the majority of delegates to Hillary.

Naturally, and unexpectedly, the GOP doesn't have nearly the level of super-delegate manipulative rules in place, and - as such - their manipulation strategies more recently morphed to this flooding of the primary race with like-kind RINOs.

PolWatch
03-13-2016, 10:02 AM
The gop seems to have recognized that they are splintered. They are now trying to rescue the entire party. They don't have time to worry about the election.

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 10:13 AM
The gop seems to have recognized that they are splintered. They are now trying to rescue the entire party. They don't have time to worry about the election.

That's not true at all. The strategy they're employing directly addresses both. Like I said: read the link.

It's funny, really: the DEMs are just as splintered. They, however, haven't laid that fact quite as bare, since their corrupt super-delegate process is more definitely able to control the outcome than this RINO-flooding candidate strategy the GOPe is attempting has.

That doesn't mean there aren't equally deep roots of discontent brewing on the DEM side though. Don't be fooled. You have your own radical hipster BLM OWS problem going on.

The GOPe did it last election cycle as well, and it resulted in Romneymilquetoast. They didn't have to cope with such a strong and galvanizing candidate as Trump last time.

Safety
03-13-2016, 10:17 AM

Just like in triage, you have to prioritize. They have to stop the bleeding first, then they can work on how to fix where they went wrong.

valley ranch
03-13-2016, 11:11 AM
Politicians are not splintered in ether party they agree they want to act like Union Thugs and take away the peoples right to choose.

birddog
03-13-2016, 12:22 PM
After Rubio's loss on Tuesday, hopefully we will be rid of the sniveling little punk!

TrueBlue
03-13-2016, 04:54 PM
If Rubio did not disavow his allegiance to the Republican front-runner that would obviously make him look like a bully himself in many an eye. Good strategy on his part.

AZ Jim
03-13-2016, 05:00 PM
Only in the republican party do they have a 11th commandment.

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Hm.

Since every one of the candidates pledged support to each other should each of them be named the nominee, this feels like Establishment manipulation of Trump to me.

I believe this statement of Rubio's was made in the event that Trump falls just short of the 1237 delegates threshold.

If this GOPe strategy works (where they ensure the continued campaign of KaSUCK and Rubio to guarantee a dilution of Cruz delegates, and continue the trajectory of Trump's 'near miss' to capture 1237 delegates, ensuring a brokered convention), the GOPe needs some supposedly credible basis to award the nomination to another candidate.

This is the GOPe laying the groundwork to justify that. It's utter bullsht, of course - but I think they want Trump to go 3rd Party, because it is my opinion that the GOPe doesn't care as much that Hillary wins as much as they care that Trump or Cruz lose.

I think that you are correct, if Hillary wins, they hope to get a better Justice, but she is part of the establishment. If she wins the establishment lives to fight another day, If Cruz, or Trump win, it is back to the Woodshed that Reagan put them in!

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 05:44 PM

That is not going to happen by trying to save the establishment, It will happen when the start doing what they promised they would do.

valley ranch
03-13-2016, 05:58 PM
Rubio Can't support himself.

PolWatch
03-13-2016, 05:59 PM
That's not true at all. The strategy they're employing directly addresses both. Like I said: read the link.

It's funny, really: the DEMs are just as splintered. They, however, haven't laid that fact quite as bare, since their corrupt super-delegate process is more definitely able to control the outcome than this RINO-flooding candidate strategy the GOPe is attempting has.

That doesn't mean there aren't equally deep roots of discontent brewing on the DEM side though. Don't be fooled. You have your own radical hipster BLM OWS problem going on.

The GOPe did it last election cycle as well, and it resulted in Romneymilquetoast. They didn't have to cope with such a strong and galvanizing candidate as Trump last time.

I agree that the dems are suffering from the same ailment as the repubs....people have realized that both parties will say anything to get elected and then govern to their own & their donors profit. I don't think that any but the most partisan dems will vote for Clinton. I expect to see very low voter turn-out for both parties. Perhaps this will signal the establishment of more viable political parties....I'm hopeful.

TrueBlue
03-14-2016, 06:45 PM
Only in the republican party do they have a 11th commandment.
Yeah, but one that even they do not keep or follow. How about that! Old Reagan must be turning in his grave watching the Republican cat fights turn into the nasty wars they've become among themselves.

TrueBlue
03-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Rubio Can't support himself.
Why of course not. That kid is still so wet behind the ears that he'd be much better off riding a bike and throwing newspapers into people's lawns.

Subdermal
03-14-2016, 10:10 PM
Why of course not. That kid is still so wet behind the ears that he'd be much better off riding a bike and throwing newspapers into people's lawns.

Yeah!

Vote for the party of doddering old white people!

Oh wait.

:biglaugh:

domer76
03-14-2016, 10:40 PM
Read joemiller.us (http://joemiller.us/2015/09/smoking-gun-gop-establishment-strategy-to-nominate-bush-by-flooding-race-with-candidates-exposed/?utm_source=JoeMiller.US+List&utm_campaign=1b7f0d7b65-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_065b6c381c-1b7f0d7b65-231004669) for a complete understanding of just how the GOPe has manipulated the primary process to weed out challenges to their hegemony.

The Dem Party, you'll notice, took a different approach, because of their super-delegate (corrupt) structure. There, you see Sanders winning solid majorities in various States, but still awarding the majority of delegates to Hillary.

Naturally, and unexpectedly, the GOP doesn't have nearly the level of super-delegate manipulative rules in place, and - as such - their manipulation strategies more recently morphed to this flooding of the primary race with like-kind RINOs.

Clinton has a delegate lead even without the superdelegates

AZ Jim
03-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Clinton has a delegate lead even without the superdelegatesTHe GOP has NO super delegates, just a traveling clown show!

Tahuyaman
03-15-2016, 12:18 PM
Rubio raises doubts that he can support Trump as the GOP nominee (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/03/12/given-violence-rubio-says-he-now-doubts-that-he-can-support-trump-as-the-gop-nominee/)

I will give Rubio more respect if he decides to stand on his principles vs partisanship should Trump win the nomination.

Tahuyaman
03-15-2016, 12:19 PM

Theres a real thoughtful analysis.

Peter1469
03-15-2016, 04:48 PM
THe GOP has NO super delegates, just a traveling clown show!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrR3qQ4sgkk