PDA

View Full Version : The truth about Trump rallies - 2 guys go undercover

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 07:56 AM
These two guys pretended to be supporters to see what really happens at Trump rallies.

Hilarious that one of the speakers who came on before Trump claimed to be a veteran who had shed blood on 7 continents. Hmmm...war in Antarctica?

The next one wanted to abolish 911 and everyone could just take care of their own problems. Uh huh.

But not surprisingly, Trump never mentioned policies, just kept stirring up the crowd by talking about the wall around Mexico or getting rid of Isis.

No talk of substance at all.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/3/11/1499735/-Trump-Rally-No-Joking-Matter

FindersKeepers
03-13-2016, 07:59 AM
But not surprisingly, Trump never mentioned policies, just kept stirring up the crowd by talking about the wall around Mexico or getting rid of Isis.

I think his stand against illegal immigration and his goal of getting rid of ISIS are called "policies."

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 08:09 AM
From the link... for those not wanting to bother to open it..

Trump basically said the same few things the whole time. He knows exactly what will get a cheer from the crowd and he says it. He mentioned his wall several times. About five or six if I can remember correctly. At one point he said "We're going to build a wall. And who's going to pay for it?" And the crowd yelled, "Mexico!" and then they lost their minds. Now, we all know exactly why this is stupid. So I won't elaborate. It was just very unsettling. He mentioned ISIS several times. About ten. But not exactly how to stop ISIS. Just comments like, "We're gonna get ISIS," and "ISIS is going down." Blanket statements. He did say that for America to win again (any sort of winning, not just against ISIS) we have to go outside of the law and he isn't afraid to do it. And that's unsettling for several reasons. But I'm just reporting the facts. And that was all he said on policy. Completely void of content or substance. Just statements that would get the crowd cheering.
Now, let's talk about the protesters. There were many. I think throughout the hour long rally, there were roughly 15-20 groups of protesters. Some of them were individuals and some were in groups. They popped up throughout the rally here and there. And some of them were yelling and causing a raucous but some of them were just standing there with their anti-Trump shirts or their pro-whoever else shirts. They were all removed. Peaceful or violent.

One man had a shirt that said "Love is the answer," and he was thrown out. Trump's comment on this man was, "And love is very important but I mean, who's making love to that guy?" And my stomach churned. A few minutes later, a woman stood up not far from where the other man was and starting protesting. She was removed. Trump's comment was, "She was with the other guy. They're actually a couple. A *clears throat* beautiful *gagging noises* couple." And the crowd laughed and cheered. It was horrifying.

But out of everything I saw, the crowd was the worst part. I have never seen more hateful people in my life. Everyone was just filled with so much hatred. If a protester had a sign, even the peaceful ones, they would take the sign from them, rip it up, and throw it back at the protesters. Whenever a protester would get removed, the crowd would yell horrible things. Once, after a protester was removed, Trump said, "Where are these people coming from? Who are they?" A lady, sitting not 5 feet from me, said, "Well hopefully when you're president, you'll get rid of em all!" Get rid of them? Get rid of anyone who opposes Trump? It was sickening. I felt truly nauseous. And these people loved the protesters. They loved the drama and the chaos. And Trump fed upon it. It was easily one of the strangest and uncomfortable things I've ever witnessed. I could just hear the horrible things being spoken around me and it made my skin crawl.

Trump is TRULY dangerous... Wake up people!! Get your heads out of your partisan a$$es

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 08:12 AM
I think his stand against illegal immigration and his goal of getting rid of ISIS are called "policies."

A policy would detail a plan to solve to the problem. Building a huge wall between the US and Mexico and making Mexico pay for it is not a plan.

Saying you'll 'get rid of ISIS' is not a policy. How? Other than illegally banning all Muslims from the country?

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 08:15 AM

How can you say such a mean and hurtful thing to a liberal. Those illegals and Terrorist are their very close and personal friends. You don't like it when they talk bad about your friends the Americans do you????

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 08:16 AM
I have said from the beginning that Trump is short of substance.

But he is anti establishment and it seems as if people no longer support the globalist elites. We see the same thing occurring in Europe.

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 08:17 AM
A policy would detail a plan to solve to the problem. Building a huge wall between the US and Mexico and making Mexico pay for it is not a plan.

Saying you'll 'get rid of ISIS' is not a policy. How? Other than illegally banning all Muslims from the country?

Wait, Wait, Wait???

Building a wall, and using Tariffs to make Mexico pay for it, and deporting those that have violated our laws by coming to the USA illegally, a felon bye the bye? Is a policy?

Bombing the shit out of ISIS and allowing Russia to do that same is a policy?

You might not like them, but they are policies.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 08:25 AM
Wait, Wait, Wait???

Building a wall, and using Tariffs to make Mexico pay for it, and deporting those that have violated our laws by coming to the USA illegally, a felon bye the bye? Is a policy?

Bombing the $#@! out of ISIS and allowing Russia to do that same is a policy?

Where are the details? How would he bomb ISIL without killing thousands of civilians - specifics? Oh wait, Trump wouldn't give a f*** if he killed innocent people.

The only thing Trump has ever said that (almost) makes sense is about stopping the export of jobs to other countries. Only problem with that is he does the same damn thing. And I'll bet he's employed illegal immigrants so he doesn't have to pay them as much.

As for his wall - he can't build a wall that would be needed to keep out illegals. He just likes to talk big. His favourite topic is himself, how rich he is, how he can build great walls, how he bought this or sold that...... this entire campaign is to feed his ego and keep his name in the news.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 08:28 AM
Wait, Wait, Wait???

Bombing the $#@! out of ISIS and allowing Russia to do that same is a policy?

Would you care to explain the process of actually rounding up 12 million people and physically deporting them? How would we go about that?

Since ISIS is hidden in every country... in cells and small groups, which is REALLY the danger to us.. How do we go about deciding where and who to bomb the $hit out of?

Safety
03-13-2016, 08:30 AM
That's like someone infiltrating a klan meeting and being shocked they don't like minorities. Nobody intelligent has to infiltrate Trump's rallies to see how he is stirring up empty rhetoric that invigorates a subset of our country. There is a post in another thread that speaks exactly to what that subset is looking for.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 08:31 AM
How can you say such a mean and hurtful thing to a liberal. Those illegals and Terrorist are their very close and personal friends. You don't like it when they talk bad about your friends the Americans do you????

To hurt a liberal's feeling they first have to care what you think. That ain't the case.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 08:32 AM
Would you care to explain the process of actually rounding up 12 million people and physically deporting them? How would we go about that?

Since ISIS is hidden in every country... in cells and small groups, which is REALLY the danger to us.. How do we go about deciding where and who to bomb the $hit out of?

Yea, I love that one about deporting 12 million! LOL!

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 08:33 AM
To hurt a liberal's feeling they first have to care what you think. That ain't the case.

I don't give a RAT's A$$ either... but unfortunately we all have to live in a country Conservatives are hell bent on destroying.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 08:40 AM
I don't give a RAT's A$$ either... but unfortunately we all have to live in a country Conservatives are hell bent on destroying.

More government kills society. Not less government.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 08:45 AM

Would you care to elaborate on that? Or is that a talking point you've picked up from Right Wing radio?

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 08:52 AM
Would you care to elaborate on that? Or is that a talking point you've picked up from Right Wing radio?

You said conservatives want to kill the country.

I said less government doesn't kill the country. More does.

We see the trends worldwide.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 08:57 AM
You said conservatives want to kill the country.

I said less government doesn't kill the country. More does.

We see the trends worldwide.

Yes... You made this statement... I have asked you to explain HOW..

Crepitus
03-13-2016, 09:05 AM
I don't think less government is one of Trump's goals.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 09:11 AM

Less government is actually NOT part of the Conservative agenda.. They want MORE government in areas they seem to be obsessed over. MORE government in the "controlling of women" AND MORE government in peoples sex lives.. Like a teenie tiny camera in every woman's uterus and another in everyone's bedroom.

Crepitus
03-13-2016, 09:18 AM
Less government is actually NOT part of the Conservative agenda.. They want MORE government in areas they seem to be obsessed over. MORE government in the "controlling of women" AND MORE government in peoples sex lives.. Like a teenie tiny camera in every woman's uterus and another in everyone's bedroom.
Yea.....that's not where I was going with that.

The hyperbole doesn't help our case.

Mark III
03-13-2016, 09:23 AM
The National Memo ‏@NationalMemo (https://twitter.com/NationalMemo) 19h19 hours ago (https://twitter.com/NationalMemo/status/708738591493529600)
Trump has urged violence at his rallies over and over again...http://www.nationalmemo.com/watch-trump-revs-up-the-crowds-against-protesters/ … (https://t.co/MN9I4AN800)

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CdW7KpMW0AAbi2z.jpg

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 09:30 AM
Yes... You made this statement... I have asked you to explain HOW..

Here is a short article (http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/small-growth-and-big-government/) on topic.

In the last decade, America’s economy has stumbled and cannot regain its footing. Simultaneously, in the last decade the federal government has been larger than in any decade of the previous 60 years. America appears to have entered not just a new norm of smaller growth, but also one of bigger government.

America’s outstanding post-WWII economic performance is well known. However, its consistency in this can be missed. From 1947 through 2006, the nation’s average annual real GDP growth was 3.4 percent. None of these six decades ever fell below 3 percent. Then came the last ten years.From 2007 through 2016 (inserting the Congressional Budget Office’s optimistic 2.7 percent 2016 growth assumption), U.S. GDP will have averaged just 1.4 percent annual real growth. Even dropping 2008 and 2009’s contractions, average growth is just 2.1 percent.

By comparison, the nation’s best average annual growth decade was 1957-1966’s 4.3-26 percent above the 1947-2006 average. The current decade’s 1.4 percent average is almost 60 percent below that 60-year average.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/small-growth-and-big-government/#ixzz42nFGcOCh

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 09:31 AM

I don't speak for Trump.

I speak for Peter1469.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 09:32 AM

Those are the religious right. I wouldn't worry much about them. They have very little clout.

Join with the fiscal conservatives and save the nation from economic collapse. :wink:

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 09:34 AM

Trump's goal is to be a dictator.

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 09:36 AM

Trump is TRULY dangerous... Wake up people!! Get your heads out of your partisan a$$es

..says one of the more virulent partisans in recent memory.

:facepalm:

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 09:37 AM
Where are the details? How would he bomb ISIL without killing thousands of civilians - specifics? Oh wait, Trump wouldn't give a f*** if he killed innocent people.

The only thing Trump has ever said that (almost) makes sense is about stopping the export of jobs to other countries. Only problem with that is he does the same damn thing. And I'll bet he's employed illegal immigrants so he doesn't have to pay them as much.

As for his wall - he can't build a wall that would be needed to keep out illegals. He just likes to talk big. His favourite topic is himself, how rich he is, how he can build great walls, how he bought this or sold that...... this entire campaign is to feed his ego and keep his name in the news.

...says the guy who supported Obama's policy barren "Hope and Change".

Twice.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 09:39 AM
...says the guy who supported Obama's policy barren "Hope and Change".

Twice.

Excuse me but why do you morons insist on calling me a man?

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 09:39 AM

There are very few 'small-government' Conservatives, unfortunately.

And - in testament to how ineffective you are in attacking them - you had to cite something as ridiculous as tiny cameras.

Mac-7
03-13-2016, 09:46 AM
That's like someone infiltrating a klan meeting and being shocked they don't like minorities. Nobody intelligent has to infiltrate Trump's rallies to see how he is stirring up empty rhetoric that invigorates a subset of our country. There is a post in another thread that speaks exactly to what that subset is looking for.

That's not a very balanced or moderate comment from someone representing the beautiful people on this forum

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Here is a short article (http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/07/small-growth-and-big-government/) on topic.

To add to that:

John Maynard Keynes warned that - utilizing Keynesian monetary policy - if Government spending as a percentage of GDP exceeded 26% (IIRC), the system would begin to crash.

In 2010, it was 35%, by the most conservative consideration. Heritage Foundation had it, that year, at 38.9%.

It's higher now.

And these leftists don't care, because they're a much higher percentage of stupid than was Keynes.

Crepitus
03-13-2016, 09:48 AM
Trump's goal is to be a dictator.
Well he's got the "dick" part down.

PolWatch
03-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Trump is an excellent speaker for those who want to indulge in anger. He consistently points out the problems and says he has a huge plan because he is very smart.....that really is not a policy. Its a hot-button to get people riled up by giving them a target for their anger. While singing the praises of Trump and his anti-establishment plans, think about what that really means. If he is elected, the establishment repubs will never support his plans. You can count on another administration where the opposition is openly determined to defeat any proposals. Sound familiar? A Trump administration will be nothing but an instant replay of the Obama years. We could see new highs in the use of executive orders and violence in the streets. This could make the Vietnam years look like a cake-walk.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 09:50 AM
To add to that:

John Maynard Keynes warned that - utilizing Keynesian monetary policy - if Government spending as a percentage of GDP exceeded 26% (IIRC), the system would begin to crash.

In 2010, it was 35%, by the most conservative consideration. Heritage Foundation had it, that year, at 38.9%.

It's higher now.

And these leftists don't care, because they're a much higher percentage of stupid than was Keynes.

I don't think the right people are paying attention. :smiley:

Safety
That's not a very balanced or moderate comment from someone representing the beautiful people on this forum

Ok.

Ameriscot
Well he's got the "dick" part down.

So he claims. I'm betting he's got a tiny one which is why he is always seeking adoration and everything is all about him and his huge ego.

Crepitus
03-13-2016, 09:53 AM
So he claims. I'm betting he's got a tiny one which is why he is always seeking adoration and everything is all about him and his huge ego.
Oh yea. Classic Freudian stuff. Only insecure people brag about that kinda stuff.

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 10:03 AM
I don't think the right people are paying attention. :smiley:

You got that right.

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 10:09 AM
I think Trump does have a fragile - and yuge - ego. I think the 'yuge' part is a life-long development to immunize himself against the actual fragility of it, which I'm nearly certain developed as a result of an overbearing father who Trump has spent a lifetime attempting to impress, and gain approval.

I have empathy for that psychosis. I too had an overbearing father, and can completely understand how one comes to be that way.

On the one hand, it instills in you a near manic drive to succeed, but - on the other - it always leaves you questioning yourself; your self-worth; your true value, your ability, etc.

That can make you humble, or it can make you an azzhole - most likely, it can make you capable of both, at different times.

Trump has succeeded wildly, and beyond question, really: but any question or challenge to his accomplishments is considered legitimate with such a fragile flaw in one's ego.

It is my belief that this personality characteristic is a cornerstone of some extremely high-achieving people, but it is also potentially very dangerous.

MisterVeritis
03-13-2016, 10:12 AM
Left wing talking points?

Have you seen a plan?

I want a constitutionally limited federal government. See article 1 Section 8 for the policy statement.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 10:28 AM
Trump is an excellent speaker for those who want to indulge in anger. He consistently points out the problems and says he has a huge plan because he is very smart.....that really is not a policy. Its a hot-button to get people riled up by giving them a target for their anger. While singing the praises of Trump and his anti-establishment plans, think about what that really means. If he is elected, the establishment repubs will never support his plans. You can count on another administration where the opposition is openly determined to defeat any proposals. Sound familiar? A Trump administration will be nothing but an instant replay of the Obama years. We could see new highs in the use of executive orders and violence in the streets. This could make the Vietnam years look like a cake-walk.

I agree... If America totally loses it's minds and elects Trump... he will be marginalized even more than Obama was. Not only will Democrats, but the sane portion of the Republican party will block any and all of his agenda. This will certainly bring his rabid supporters out to the streets to create chaos. If people think Obama has abused executive orders... Trump will attempt an unprecedented number. He is not one used to being told NO.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 10:32 AM
Left wing talking points?

Have you seen a plan?

I want a constitutionally limited federal government. See article 1 Section 8 for the policy statement.

So HERE is Article one Section 8

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

<<Back (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec7.html) | Table of Contents (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst.html) | Next>> (http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec9.html)The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE), to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence (http://www.usconstitution.net/constmiss.html) and general Welfare (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#WELFARE) of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE) shall be uniform throughout the United States;

So what's your beef? Isn't this the way government works now? Or has someone on talk radio told you that is doesn't.. Federal taxes are consistent throughout ALL the states.. Congress holds the purse strings...It's not the Democrats fault that the GOP House can't seem to govern... and get a budget passed..

Subdermal
03-13-2016, 10:33 AM
I agree... If America totally loses it's minds and elects Trump... he will be marginalized even more than Obama was. Not only will Democrats, but the sane portion of the Republican party will block any and all of his agenda. This will certainly bring his rabid supporters out to the streets to create chaos. If people think Obama has abused executive orders... Trump will attempt an unprecedented number. He is not one used to being told NO.

He'll have to attempt an unprecedented number, since the majority of them will likely be issued to reverse Obama's EOs.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 10:34 AM

I think we have no clue how Trump will work with congress or not.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 10:36 AM

No clue = Trump. It would be a disaster.

Quicksilver
03-13-2016, 10:52 AM

Oh I think we do.. He is used to being in total control.. being the BOSS.. Firing people.. Getting his way. It's pretty easy to imagine how that's going to go over in Congress.

valley ranch
03-13-2016, 10:52 AM
Yeh, you're right, or left. He's the best of what is running! Clearly better!

domer76
03-13-2016, 10:53 AM

Good thing you put "policies" in quotes.

PolWatch
03-13-2016, 10:53 AM

Do you really think the establishment repub congress will change their opinion of Trump? Look at how hard they are working to insure that Trump is not the candidate. Our elective officials have demonstrated many times that they will cut off their nose to spite their face.

FindersKeepers
03-13-2016, 10:55 AM

Sounds like a plan to me. And, knowing how Trump finagles money, I wouldn't be surprised that he could carry out his plan without costing US taxpayers too much.

Look at the aid we give Mexico every year:

According to our research engine:
The U.S. Government gave a total of $209,432,920 to Mexico (http://us-foreign-aid.insidegov.com/l/112/Mexico) in 2012:

The aid was broken down in the following manner:
Economic
Child Survival and Health: $-12,200
Department of Defense Security Assistance: $39,854
Development Assistance: $17,948,047
Economic Support Fund/Security Support Assistance: $40,810,450
Global Health and Child Survival: $3,894,197
Narcotics Control: $27,565,779
Nonproliferation, Anti-Terrorism, Demining and Related: $7,074,531
Other Active Grant Programs: $15,381,152
Other State Assistance: $2,700,596
Other USAID Assistance: $2,764
Other USDA Assistance: $372,914
Peace Corps: $2,000,836

Military
Military Assistance, Total: $91,654,000

How many years of stopping that aid would it take to pay for the wall?

Trump hasn't advocated banning all Muslims from the country as far as I know. He did advocate PAUSING taking immigrants and refugees from Muslim nations until we have a better vetting process in place. BTW, the Pentagon has also said we have problems with our vetting system when it comes to refugees.

Obama has said he would get rid of ISIS too (although he calls them ISIL), so why aren't you condemning him for saying that? Or, how about condemning him for aiding the rebels in Syria, or training and funding Iraqi troops to fight them?

Hillary has said we will defeat them as well.

Why does it only bother you when Trump says it?

Safety
03-13-2016, 11:00 AM
Running a country is not the same as running a business.

A business doesn't require people to purchase something or go to jail. A business is strictly in place for profit.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 11:09 AM
Trump hasn't advocated banning all Muslims from the country as far as I know. He did advocate PAUSING taking immigrants and refugees from Muslim nations until we have a better vetting process in place. BTW, the Pentagon has also said we have problems with our vetting system when it comes to refugees.

Obama has said he would get rid of ISIS too (although he calls them ISIL), so why aren't you condemning him for saying that? Or, how about condemning him for aiding the rebels in Syria, or training and funding Iraqi troops to fight them?

Hillary has said we will defeat them as well.

Why does it only bother you when Trump says it?

You are saying that getting rid of ISIL/ISIS is the equivalent of banning all Muslims from entering the US 'until we can figure out what the hell is going on'? Unless of course you believe that all Muslims belong to ISIL?

BTW they are also called ISIL in Europe.

As for the wall, there won't be any damn wall. That's just BS. Trump's specialty.

FindersKeepers
03-13-2016, 11:17 AM
You are saying that getting rid of ISIL/ISIS is the equivalent of banning all Muslims from entering the US 'until we can figure out what the hell is going on'? Unless of course you believe that all Muslims belong to ISIL?

Do you understand that there is a difference between the words "pause" and "ban?"

Because, a lot of Leftists these days don't seem to understand that there is one.

As for the wall, there won't be any damn wall. That's just BS. Trump's specialty.

Probably not. But, some beefed-up security might be in order.

BS is part of a candidate's chatter -- didn't you know that? Remember when Obama said he'd cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term?

That was a good one.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 11:26 AM
No clue = Trump. It would be a disaster.
Thanks for your opinion.

I was looking for facts.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 11:27 AM
Oh I think we do.. He is used to being in total control.. being the BOSS.. Firing people.. Getting his way. It's pretty easy to imagine how that's going to go over in Congress.

Maybe you will get to find out.

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 11:28 AM
Do you really think the establishment repub congress will change their opinion of Trump? Look at how hard they are working to insure that Trump is not the candidate. Our elective officials have demonstrated many times that they will cut off their nose to spite their face.He would have to appeal to the people, like Reagan did.

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 11:29 AM
Thanks for your opinion.

I was looking for facts.

Facts? I thought those were against the rules here?

Ameriscot
03-13-2016, 11:32 AM
Do you understand that there is a difference between the words "pause" and "ban?"

Because, a lot of Leftists these days don't seem to understand that there is one.

Probably not. But, some beefed-up security might be in order.

BS is part of a candidate's chatter -- didn't you know that? Remember when Obama said he'd cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term?

That was a good one.

Trump said a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US, until we figure out.....blah blah

Peter1469
03-13-2016, 11:52 AM

Why did you think that?

birddog
03-13-2016, 12:18 PM

Trump IS dangerous, but mainly to idiotic thinkers who will vote for Hillary!

MisterVeritis
03-13-2016, 12:53 PM
So HERE is Article one Section 8

Article 1 - The Legislative Branch
Section 8 - Powers of Congress

The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE), to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence (http://www.usconstitution.net/constmiss.html) and general Welfare (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#WELFARE) of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE) shall be uniform throughout the United States;

So what's your beef? Isn't this the way government works now? Or has someone on talk radio told you that is doesn't.. Federal taxes are consistent throughout ALL the states.. Congress holds the purse strings...It's not the Democrats fault that the GOP House can't seem to govern... and get a budget passed..

Let's begin with the whole of Article 1 Section 8:

The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;
To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;
To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;
To establish post offices and post roads;
To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;
To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;
To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;
To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;
To provide and maintain a navy;
To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;
To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And
To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

Now let's get to your post:

"The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE), to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence (http://www.usconstitution.net/constmiss.html) and general Welfare (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#WELFARE) of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#IMPOST) and Excises (http://www.usconstitution.net/glossary.html#EXCISE) shall be uniform throughout the United States;

So what's your beef? Isn't this the way government works now? Or has someone on talk radio told you that is doesn't.. Federal taxes are consistent throughout ALL the states.. Congress holds the purse strings...It's not the Democrats fault that the GOP House can't seem to govern... and get a budget passed.. "

Let's begin with the simple, shall we? For what three purposes is the Congress allowed to collect taxes?
1) To pay the debts
2) To provide for the common defence
3) to provide for the general welfare of the United States.

Do you agree?

The federal government has not worked this way for at least 100 years. We do not pay the debts. We increase the debts. We do provide for the common defence. The worst of all is that we have moved well beyond providing for the general welfare of the United States. This is where nearly all of the unconstitutional mischief occurs. The general welfare consists of achieving only the remaining statements of article 1 Section 8. Instead, we have a government that is unconstrained and running amok. It is time to reign in the federal government and end the expanding tyranny.

FindersKeepers
03-13-2016, 01:04 PM
Trump said a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the US, until we figure out.....blah blah

You used the keyword, '"until." A whole lot of "temporary" is wrapped up in that word.

Perhaps the more resources we dedicate to "figuring out" how to safely vet the immigrants, the sooner immigration would resume.

See how that works? That "until" word?

MisterVeritis
03-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Do all radical Leftists have a cloudy crystal ball? LOL.

MisterVeritis
03-13-2016, 01:08 PM
Based on your limited posting history it is quite clear you believe it.

AZ Jim
03-13-2016, 05:05 PM
Based on your limited posting history it is quite clear you believe it.
You need to step away from the kook drinks.

Dr. Who
03-13-2016, 09:35 PM
If he is chosen by the GOP and that still isn't a sure thing, it is likely to be controversial. The question is really how much support he would receive from Congress, even the Republican contingent? I'm not sure that he has a great chance of winning the election. People may be getting sick of the same old thing over and over again, but the specter of an egomaniacal loose cannon as President will give staid conservatives pause, and positively repel the middle of the road crowd unless he abruptly changes his persona during the election. If he does so, it will make it clear to the GOP that his clown show was merely a strategy to kill his opposition during the primaries, which is likely to produce even more disdain of Trump within the party.

Quicksilver
03-14-2016, 04:40 AM
If he is chosen by the GOP and that still isn't a sure thing, it is likely to be controversial. The question is really how much support he would receive from Congress, even the Republican contingent? I'm not sure that he has a great chance of winning the election. People may be getting sick of the same old thing over and over again, but the specter of an egomaniacal loose cannon as President will give staid conservatives pause, and positively repel the middle of the road crowd unless he abruptly changes his persona during the election. If he does so, it will make it clear to the GOP that his clown show was merely a strategy to kill his opposition during the primaries, which is likely to produce even more disdain of Trump within the party.

Wouldn't it be a real hoot if Trump got nominated and told the GOP... SORRY... I was only out to destroy your party and win the White House for the Democrats!! Because that is what he is doing and the establishment GOP knows it.. Many have speculated that Trump is REALLY working for Clinton.. Think about it.. He was once an avid Clinton supporter. He was once a Democrat.. He is getting what he needs from this.. his name on the front pages and on everyone's lips day after day...plus he is insuring his friend HRC wins the election.. What could be better??

Ameriscot
03-14-2016, 05:29 AM
Wouldn't it be a real hoot if Trump got nominated and told the GOP... SORRY... I was only out to destroy your party and win the White House for the Democrats!! Because that is what he is doing and the establishment GOP knows it.. Many have speculated that Trump is REALLY working for Clinton.. Think about it.. He was once an avid Clinton supporter. He was once a Democrat.. He is getting what he needs from this.. his name on the front pages and on everyone's lips day after day...plus he is insuring his friend HRC wins the election.. What could be better??

:danceshout:

Mac-7
03-14-2016, 05:43 AM
Did I say godless libs?

Well excuse me.

Clearly Quicksiver and Ameriscot are praying to some higher power to please dont let trump be president.

Quicksilver
03-14-2016, 06:37 AM
:danceshout:

Ya know Ameriscot... We really can't blame these folks here for behaving the way they do.. They are of lesser intelligence.. and spend their entire lives listening to RW talk radio, reading teabagger blogs, and talking to each other. Then they come to forums like this and pretend they have all the answers. We should feel sorry for them... and do our best to educate them.. although I realize, you can't really educate a box of rocks.. sad.

MisterVeritis
03-14-2016, 02:24 PM
you need to step away from the kook drinks.
lol.

MisterVeritis
03-14-2016, 02:27 PM
Ya know Ameriscot... We really can't blame these folks here for behaving the way they do.. They are of lesser intelligence.. and spend their entire lives listening to RW talk radio, reading teabagger blogs, and talking to each other. Then they come to forums like this and pretend they have all the answers. We should feel sorry for them... and do our best to educate them.. although I realize, you can't really educate a box of rocks.. sad.
Given your belief, understated, that you are a genius, why not try answering my post one page back. As a genius. :-)

#61: http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/60086-The-truth-about-Trump-rallies-2-guys-go-undercover?p=1478958&viewfull=1#post1478958

Dr. Who
03-14-2016, 04:50 PM
I've been suggesting that for months. I really think he's a ringer for the Dems, but if it turns out that he's not, he might as well be.

Common Sense
03-14-2016, 05:06 PM
The great thing about all this media saturation about Trump and his blatant lies, his violent rhetoric and his huckster persona, is that it seems to be mobilizing a movement against him and his idiocy.

Hopefully he's losing some support and gaining opposition en mass.