PDA

View Full Version : 'They're shocked!' Obama mocks GOP establishment for handling of Trump

Cigar
03-13-2016, 11:50 AM
Source: USA Today

Obama called Trump "a distillation of what has been going on in their party for more than a decade," saying comparing establishment Republicans to Captain Louis Renault from the movie Casablanca.

"We're shocked someone is fanning anti-immigrant or anti-Muslim sentiment!" he said. "We're shocked! We're shocked that someone could be loose with the facts. Or distort someone's record. Shocked!

"How could you be shocked? This was the guy who was sure I was born in Kenya. And wasn't letting go," he said. "As long as it was being directed at me they were fine with it. It was a hoot — and suddenly they're shocked! That gambling's going on in this establishment," he said.

Obama said the GOP message during his presidency is to "deny the evidence of science" or to accuse the other side of treason.

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/theyre-shocked-obama-mocks-gop-establishment-for-handling-of-trump/ar-AAgGt7G?ocid=spartandhp

I think the biggest bit of mainstream media denial is the idea that Trump is out of sync with most Republican voters or that there is much substantive difference in the actual policies between the GOP candidates. Indeed, from a pure policy perspective, Ted Cruz is probably more extreme in his views of the federal government.

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

FindersKeepers
03-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Do you hear that lame duck quacking?

hanger4
03-13-2016, 08:54 PM
Strawman alert.

zelmo1234
03-13-2016, 11:20 PM
I was not aware of anyone that was Anti Immigrant, or Anti Muslim?

Is there such a person running? I don't pay a lot of attention to the Democrats, but I am not aware of any of the GOP members that have taken that stance

Do you think that it is possible that Cigar and the left are lying? NAH!

Safety
03-14-2016, 02:30 AM
I was not aware of anyone that was Anti Immigrant, or Anti Muslim?

Is there such a person running? I don't pay a lot of attention to the Democrats, but I am not aware of any of the GOP members that have taken that stance

Do you think that it is possible that Cigar and the left are lying? NAH!

Trump's words...
Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump called Monday for barring all Muslims from entering the United States.

Trump would not rule out warrantless searches in his plans for increased surveillance of the nation’s Muslims, Yahoo reported Thursday.

He also remained open toward registering U.S. Muslims in a database or giving them special identification identifying their faith, the news outlet added.

Now I'm sure there will be some sort of effort to try and play games with semantics, I really don't care.

Quicksilver
03-14-2016, 04:33 AM
If he weren't so dangerous.. and with so many fools following him blindly, I'd really be enjoying Trump and the fits he is giving the Repulicon top guns. McConnell, Boehner, Ryan and their ilk deserve it. They fueled the fire that Trump is fanning.. They nurtured that hate and bigotry. Reap what ye shall sow Aholes.

Mac-7
03-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Trump's words...

Now I'm sure there will be some sort of effort to try and play games with semantics, I really don't care.

Does this mean you support no controls on immigration?

Such as disbanding INS and allowing the world to come and go in America as the world pleases?

Because we have every legal and moral right to ban muslims if we choose.

Safety
03-14-2016, 08:22 AM
Does this mean you support no controls on immigration?

Such as disbanding INS and allowing the world to come and go in America as the world pleases?

Because we have every legal and moral right to ban muslims if we choose.

Read what the question was, then what I replied to said question....then ask how does your response have any relevance to any part of what I wrote.

Cigar
03-14-2016, 08:24 AM
Do you hear that lame duck quacking?

Only one way to become a lame duck ... :grin:

Quicksilver
03-14-2016, 08:33 AM
Only one way to become a lame duck ... :grin:

Yes... after being elected by the MAJORITY of the American electorate... Not one time... BUT TWICE!! :grin: