PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hatchet swinging attacker shot and killed by customer at 7 11

Chris
03-14-2016, 09:01 PM
Another self-defense story...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwPBAKL5ns

You can read about here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/13/us/washington-7-eleven-customer-shoots-attacker/index.html, or http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/concealed-weapon-owner-shoots-hatchet-wielding-attacker-in-wash-7-eleven/ar-AAgKfJI?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=UE01DHP

Private Pickle
03-14-2016, 09:03 PM
Guns kill apostate!

Doublejack
03-14-2016, 09:04 PM
Is it bad that I always want to know the specifics of the firearm in these stories?

Caliber, make, model .. pictures would be cool. I dunno.

Crepitus
03-14-2016, 09:30 PM
Glad it worked out for the best.

MisterVeritis
03-14-2016, 09:32 PM

Don't bring a hatchet to a gun fight.

Chris
03-14-2016, 10:09 PM
Is it bad that I always want to know the specifics of the firearm in these stories?

Caliber, make, model .. pictures would be cool. I dunno.

Maybe in the next few days.

The make of the hatchet is also unknown. :D

donttread
03-15-2016, 03:38 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvwPBAKL5ns

You can read about here: http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/13/us/washington-7-eleven-customer-shoots-attacker/index.html, or http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/concealed-weapon-owner-shoots-hatchet-wielding-attacker-in-wash-7-eleven/ar-AAgKfJI?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=UE01DHP

I wonder how mants days MSM will flood the airwaves with this story? Zero?

JDubya
03-15-2016, 08:07 AM
Meanwhile, across the rest of the country, another thousand or so GUN MURDERS happened.

Chris
03-15-2016, 08:13 AM
Meanwhile, across the rest of the country, another thousand or so GUN MURDERS happened.

You report those, I'll report the good news stories. I'm sure, because murder is sensational, you'll get more attention.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 08:18 AM

Mostly black people shooting other black people.

exotix
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM
Mostly black people shooting other black people.Unless of course we're talking Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Charleston on and on and on ... not to mention the occasional unarmed black suspects massacred by cops and Zimmy and an Uber Driver ...

Adelaide
03-15-2016, 08:52 AM

The result of socioeconomic factors, psychological factors, so forth. I used to think the whole "Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people" spiel was bullshit, but it's true. The problem in society resulting in so many gun deaths is a complicated issue with a lot of possible causes or correlations.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 09:17 AM
Unless of course we're talking Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Charleston on and on and on ... not to mention the occasional unarmed black suspects massacred by cops and Zimmy and an Uber Driver ...

Right Eddie, ignore the facts and bring up your normal horseshit

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 09:18 AM
The result of socioeconomic factors, psychological factors, so forth. I used to think the whole "Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people" spiel was bull$#@!, but it's true. The problem in society resulting in so many gun deaths is a complicated issue with a lot of possible causes or correlations.

Thank you for another absolutely brilliant observation.

No, I didn't really mean that.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 10:55 AM
The result of socioeconomic factors, psychological factors, so forth. I used to think the whole "Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people" spiel was bullshit, but it's true. The problem in society resulting in so many gun deaths is a complicated issue with a lot of possible causes or correlations.

All exacerbated MANY times over by the presence of guns @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473).

If people only had knives or clubs or some other makeshift weapons at their disposal, the numbers of death from murders (and I'm not even counting the number of accidental shooting deaths) would be a very small fraction of what it is today.

Anyone who disputes that obvious fact is a shameless, lying gun shill.

Chris
03-15-2016, 11:08 AM
All exacerbated MANY times over by the presence of guns @Adelaide (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=473).

If people only had knives or clubs or some other makeshift weapons at their disposal, the numbers of death from murders (and I'm not even counting the number of accidental shooting deaths) would be a very small fraction of what it is today.

Anyone who disputes that obvious fact is a shameless, lying gun shill.

And your evidence for either claim one or two.

Poisoning the well of discussion doesn't count.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 11:37 AM
And your evidence for either claim one or two.

Poisoning the well of discussion doesn't count.

An ounce of common sense ought to be enough evidence for anyone, but unfortunately the irrational love of guns is a mental disease that stifles and eradicates common sense.

If people who murder others had to rely on getting up close and personal enough with their victims to look them in the eyes as they died and get spattered with their blood and viscera, it is highly doubtful that the vast majority of people no matter how angry they were, would be willing to go that far.

You can quibble and obfuscate all you want, but you know and I know it's true.

Guns are nifty little hand held murder machines that make the process clean, easy and convenient. Point and squeeze from 30... 40... 50 feet away or more. Never see the color of their eyes.

And given how Americans love ease and convenience, they are seen by many as the perfect solution to the problems, real or perceived, posed by other people.

Anybody can do it.

Chris
03-15-2016, 11:41 AM
An ounce of common sense ought to be enough evidence for anyone, but unfortunately the irrational love of guns is a mental disease that stifles and eradicates common sense.

If people who murder others had to rely on getting up close and personal enough with their victims to look them in the eyes as they died and get spattered with their blood and viscera, it is highly doubtful that the vast majority of people no matter how angry they were, would be willing to go that far.

You can quibble and obfuscate all you want, but you know and I know it's true.

Guns are nifty little hand held murder machines that make the process clean, easy and convenient. Point and squeeze from 30... 40... 50 feet away or more. Never see the color of their eyes.

And given how Americans love ease and convenience, they are seen by many as the perfect solution to the problems, real or perceived, posed by other people.

Anybody can do it.

I asked for evidence, not further well poisonings. Let's see some rational argument, not logical fallacies.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 12:08 PM
I asked for evidence, not further well poisonings. Let's see some rational argument, not logical fallacies.

The mental disease I spoke of that stifles common sense and causes irrational gun love, would never allow you to accept any argument, no matter how rational it was. This is evidenced by your reactions to the highly rational arguments I have already made and which you continue to dismiss because you have no rational counter argument.

Why don't you attempt what you keep asking of me and present a rational rebuttal. So far you have done nothing but make empty, baseless accusations and deflection.

But I don't expect any more than that. I know what the gun lover disease does to those afflicted with it.

Chris
03-15-2016, 12:33 PM
The mental disease I spoke of that stifles common sense and causes irrational gun love, would never allow you to accept any argument, no matter how rational it was. This is evidenced by your reactions to the highly rational arguments I have already made and which you continue to dismiss because you have no rational counter argument.

Why don't you attempt what you keep asking of me and present a rational rebuttal. So far you have done nothing but make empty, baseless accusations and deflection.

But I don't expect any more than that. I know what the gun lover disease does to those afflicted with it.

So you have no rational argument, just well poisoning and ad hom. How pathetic.

I presented the OP, that's evidence guns save lives.

Archer0915
03-15-2016, 01:16 PM
Unless of course we're talking Columbine, Virginia Tech, Tucson, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Charleston on and on and on ... not to mention the occasional unarmed black suspects massacred by cops and Zimmy and an Uber Driver ...

Get the numbers! Oh here, from the FBI
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_6_murder_race_and_sex _of_vicitm_by_race_and_sex_of_offender_2013.xls

JDubya
03-15-2016, 01:18 PM
So you have no rational argument, just well poisoning and ad hom. How pathetic.

I presented the OP, that's evidence guns save lives.

No, you're just deflecting again to hide the fact that YOU have no rational argument.

I pointed out to you that if it weren't for the insane proliferation of guns in our society to begin with, they would rarely if ever be needed for self defense. If society wasn't drowning in guns, that store owner wouldn't have felt the need to keep a gun behind the counter to begin with. The ax wielding nut job could have been dealt with using a baseball bat or a metal pipe. Or a Taser.

I do find it funny though, how you gun goobers are always so fond of pointing out that guns are inanimate objects that can't do anything on their own and hence, don't kill people. Yet here you are claiming these same inanimate objects that cant do anything on their own, can perform the task of saving lives.

So which is it? You're contradicting the standard pro-gun BS here.

Chris
03-15-2016, 01:30 PM
No, you're just deflecting again to hide the fact that YOU have no rational argument.

I pointed out to you that if it weren't for the insane proliferation of guns in our society to begin with, they would rarely if ever be needed for self defense. If society wasn't drowning in guns, that store owner wouldn't have felt the need to keep a gun behind the counter to begin with. The ax wielding nut job could have been dealt with using a baseball bat or a metal pipe. Or a Taser.

I do find it funny though, how you gun goobers are always so fond of pointing out that guns are inanimate objects that can't do anything on their own and hence, don't kill people. Yet here you are claiming these same inanimate objects that cant do anything on their own, can perform the task of saving lives.

What's the evidence for your claims? Find some to back it up and to counter the evidence here that this guy carrying saved lives. Well poisoning and ad hom just don't cut it.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 01:30 PM
So, JDubya, your argument is that people kill other people primarily because they have access to a gun? If guns did not exist everyone would just get along?

If I am in the frame of mind that you must die I will use whatever is at my disposal to accomplish that, be it gun, knife, poison, garrote, bomb or shoving you off a tall building. As much as I snarked at Adelaide I must admit she is correct. Its not the availability of guns but the mental disorder that sees killing another as an acceptable action.

Archer0915
03-15-2016, 01:36 PM

You pointed out? Where are the numbers?

homicides by state
https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2014/crime-in-the-u.s.-2014/tables/table-20

Now look at the pretty pictures.

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/559451a2ecad0464750b3d6c-1200-970/gun-ownership-study-state-map.png

JDubya
03-15-2016, 03:32 PM
What's the evidence for your claims? Find some to back it up and to counter the evidence here that this guy carrying saved lives. Well poisoning and ad hom just don't cut it.

Knowledge of human nature and common sense should be enough.

Anytime you give people a tool or device to make any given task easier, they will use that tool or device to increase the level that they perform that task.

Your deflection and obfuscation is to be expected though, because gun-lover disease renders those who suffer from it incapable of anything more.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 03:36 PM
So, JDubya, your argument is that people kill other people primarily because they have access to a gun? If guns did not exist everyone would just get along?

If I am in the frame of mind that you must die I will use whatever is at my disposal to accomplish that, be it gun, knife, poison, garrote, bomb or shoving you off a tall building. As much as I snarked at Adelaide I must admit she is correct. Its not the availability of guns but the mental disorder that sees killing another as an acceptable action.

Bullshit.

Just more of the same tired old macho, he-man hot air caused by gun-lover disease.

You wouldn't do squat. People with gun-lover disease are only big and tough as long as they're hiding behind a gun or the anonymity of the internet.

Otherwise, they're all talk.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 03:40 PM
You pointed out? Where are the numbers?

homicides by state

Now look at the pretty pictures.

Your pretty little pictures are irrelevant to anything I've said.

Guns make killing easy, convenient and impersonal. Fact.

Anytime something is made easy and convenient, people will have a tendency to do that thing much more than if it weren't convenient and easy.

Mix that together with the violent mentality of our modern culture and you get what we see today.... the wild west on the streets of our cities and towns.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 03:47 PM
Bull$#@!.

Just more of the same tired old macho, he-man hot air caused by gun-lover disease.

You wouldn't do squat. People with gun-lover disease are only big and tough as long as they're hiding behind a gun or the anonymity of the internet.

Otherwise, they're all talk.

Excuse me, but I wasn't specifically talking about me, I was talking about human nature in general. People kill other people and have done so from the beginning of recorded history. Cain killed Abel with a rock.

And if you can't be civil in this argument why would anyone want to discuss anything with you?

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 03:47 PM

Anytime something is made easy and convenient, people will have a tendency to do that thing much more than if it weren't convenient and easy.

Mix that together with the violent mentality of our modern culture and you get what we see today.... the wild west on the streets of our cities and towns.

Only in the black neighborhoods.

Chris
03-15-2016, 03:48 PM
Knowledge of human nature and common sense should be enough.

Anytime you give people a tool or device to make any given task easier, they will use that tool or device to increase the level that they perform that task.

Your deflection and obfuscation is to be expected though, because gun-lover disease renders those who suffer from it incapable of anything more.

The problem with your opinion is you believe guns are used only for evil purposes but the OP demonstrates that's false.

You do know that ad hom is like waving a white flag.

Chris
03-15-2016, 03:49 PM

Nice opinion, repeated umpteen times. At least you skipped the well poising and ad hom. Stripped it down to mere opinion.

But why do you ignore the data presented?

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:04 PM
Excuse me, but I wasn't specifically talking about me, I was talking about human nature in general. People kill other people and have done so from the beginning of recorded history. Cain killed Abel with a rock.

And if you can't be civil in this argument why would anyone want to discuss anything with you?

Excuse me, but I wasn't specifically talking about you, I was talking about people with gun-lover disease in general. People kill other people and have done so from the beginning of recorded history, but in 2016 America, they are doing it in record numbers and the vast majority of those killings are committed using the murderer's favorite weapon of choice... the hand gun.

And why is your citing of human nature valid while mine is supposedly not?

Contradiction is yet another symptom of gun-lover disease.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:06 PM
Excuse me, but I wasn't specifically talking about you, I was talking about people with gun-lover disease in general. People kill other people and have done so from the beginning of recorded history, but in 2016 America, they are doing it in record numbers and the vast majority of those killings are committed using the murderer's favorite weapon of choice... the hand gun.

And it just so happens that the vast majority of those killings occur within Democrat municipalities like Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, DC, etc.

Maybe Democrats should fix their own urban sewers before they presume to impose upon the rest of America.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:08 PM
The problem with your opinion is you believe guns are used only for evil purposes but the OP demonstrates that's false.

You do know that ad hom is like waving a white flag.

I do not. I have never once said or even implied that.

Another symptom of gun-lover disease is hypersensitivity to any criticism of guns whatsoever. So you just misinterpreted my comments.

You do know that claiming false victory in an argument is like waving a white flag.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 04:08 PM
People kill other people and have done so from the beginning of recorded history, but in 2016 America, they are doing it in record numbers and the vast majority of those killings are committed using the murderer's favorite weapon of choice... the hand gun.

Hmm...

Between 1993 and 2000, the gun homicide rate dropped by nearly half, from 7.0 homicides to 3.8 homicides per 100,000 people. Since then, the gun homicide rate has remained relatively flat. From 2009 to 2014, the most recent year data are available, the number of gun homicides has hovered around 11,000 and 12,000 per year.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/
It is easy to tell a kook. But it is not easy to tell him much.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:11 PM
And it just so happens that the vast majority of those killings occur within Democrat municipalities like Chicago, Detroit, New Orleans, DC, etc.

Maybe Democrats should fix their own urban sewers before they presume to impose upon the rest of America.

Wrong.

Gun murders happen everywhere, including red states.

Gun-lover disease also causes those who suffer from it to attempt to dodge the truth by spouting partisan political nonsense.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:12 PM
Hmm...

Between 1993 and 2000, the gun homicide rate dropped by nearly half, from 7.0 homicides to 3.8 homicides per 100,000 people. Since then, the gun homicide rate has remained relatively flat. From 2009 to 2014, the most recent year data are available, the number of gun homicides has hovered around 11,000 and 12,000 per year.
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2015/10/21/gun-homicides-steady-after-decline-in-90s-suicide-rate-edges-up/
It is easy to tell a kook. But it is not easy to tell him much.

So it went from incredibly awful to merely awful.

And you call that victory?

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM
Wrong.

Gun murders happen everywhere, including red states.

Gun-lover disease also causes those who suffer from it to attempt to dodge the truth by spouting partisan political nonsense.

I never said or implied that gun murders only happen in Democrat municipalities, just that the vast majority of them happen there, which is a fact. Apparently, you don't know how to read.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 04:13 PM

No. But it counters your nonsense. Mission accomplished.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:14 PM

3.8 homicides per 100,000 people is "merely awful"... hysterical much?

Chris
03-15-2016, 04:15 PM
JDubya, last chance to drop to baiting insults.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:16 PM
0.0038% chance of being killed by a gun on average... my God. How awful.

Archer0915
03-15-2016, 04:18 PM

In states with higher gun ownership the firearm homicide rate is much lower. In states with lower gun ownership the rate is much higher. Generally these can boil down to a few cities within said state that are really tight on firearm ownership. This stops the deterrant factor and the fact is there is more gun crime and crime in general in places with tight gun control laws. You can not refute the data.

I agree, guns are an issue and if we could remove "ALL" of them you may have a valid point, hint, we can not.

That being the case we are safer having guns than not. Fact and provable.

As can be seen by countries with tight gun control laws, like many places in europe, the crime rates are high even though the gun homicide rate is low. Look at the regions south of the equator and south of the US and you see a real mess. If the US got tight everywhere our situation would be more like the third world countries than europe. Hell inner cities are damn near there already.

Take these words to the bank because you have just been shot down, stomped on and buried alive.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:18 PM
Going to the grocery store later tonight. Have only a 99.9962% chance of not being shot to death. Pray for my safe return, please.

Peter1469
03-15-2016, 04:22 PM
The gun grabbers will never get citizens' guns..., but "interesting" debate.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:23 PM
https://cbschicago.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/murderrate.jpg?w=520

Gee, would you look at that. All of them are Democrat-run sewers.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:35 PM
The simple fact of the matter is this: If you exclude the gun murders that happen in Democrat-run cities like the above, then America's gun murder rate is comparable to the gun murder rates in other industrialized countries like the UK or Australia. And anyone who lives outside one of these cities already has an intuitive sense of this because there is virtually no gun crime in the suburban and rural communities of America. It's only a big problem in places where Democrats have an effective monopoly over the local political system. So why should the rest of America be punished for the abject failure of Democrats to govern their communities? Let them fix their own problems before they presume to impose upon the rest of the country.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:39 PM
3.8 homicides per 100,000 people is "merely awful"... hysterical much?

350,000,000 people in America ÷ 100,000 = 3,500 x 3.8 = 13,300 people killed or murdered by guns annually. Many of them children.

You don't consider that awful?

Deflect much?

Archer0915
03-15-2016, 04:42 PM
350,000,000 people in America ÷ 100,000 = 3,500 x 3.8 = 13,300 people killed or murdered by guns annually. Many of them children.

Deflect much?

Let me see? Let me analyze those numbers.

Some of it is Darwinian, some is thug on thug... How many people are killed that, well,..

Oh I already buried you.

But yeah we need to outlaw cars as well!

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Deflect much?
I wonder how many of those murders are committed by illegal aliens and the hundreds of thousands of Obama's Muslim Army in the US?

Should we deport the refugees who are gang members, or who commit crimes? And most of the refugees are on welfare and probably will be for life.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:46 PM

Deflect much?

Yes, it's awful. But so were the 30,208 Americans who died from unintentional falls.

In any case, the vast majority of those gun murders happen in urban toilets that are run by Democrats, so they should probably worry about fixing their own problems before they run around trying to fix the rest of the country. Because where I live, people aren't running around murdering each other at alarming rates, so we don't need gun-grabbers like you interfering with our second amendment rights.

JDubya
03-15-2016, 04:52 PM
@JDubya (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1435), last chance to drop to baiting insults.

Or what?

You're going to kick me out of your gun goober thread?

Go ahead. I knew I could make a bunch of wacko gun goobers edpose themselves for the irrational, knee-jerking hissy fit throwers they turn into every time somebody criticizes their precious guns, which they apparently need so badly in order to make them feel equal to real men who don't need to hide behind guns in order to get respect.

It was easy and I'm satisfied.

Peter1469
03-15-2016, 04:54 PM

Deflect much?

And 46,000 died from using prescribed medication as prescribed. Several times more died from accidents in hospitals.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 04:55 PM
Or what?

Go ahead. I knew I could make a bunch of wacko gun goobers edpose themselves for the irrational, knee-jerking hissy fit throwers they turn into every time somebody criticizes their precious guns, which they apparently need so badly in order to make them feel equal to real men who don't need to hide behind guns in order to get respect.

Goofy. Really, really goofy.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:57 PM
Or what?

All you did was make yourself look stupid and arrogant, as usual.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 04:58 PM
I love it when gun-grabbers throw a hissy fit and then accuse their opponents of throwing a hissy fit. It's so cute.

Chris
03-15-2016, 05:02 PM
Or what?

Ok, TBed by OP. Don't respond to him further.

Ethereal
03-15-2016, 05:06 PM
The result of socioeconomic factors, psychological factors, so forth. I used to think the whole "Guns don't shoot people, people shoot people" spiel was bull$#@!, but it's true. The problem in society resulting in so many gun deaths is a complicated issue with a lot of possible causes or correlations.

You're on your way to becoming a real American... :grin:

donttread
03-15-2016, 08:08 PM

Based upon what time frame?

Peter1469
03-15-2016, 08:15 PM
Based upon what time frame?

None. Gun grabbers make stuff up.