PDA

View Full Version : tPF New Poll: Left-Wing Protesters Drive People into Arms of Donald Trump

Chris
03-15-2016, 08:39 AM
Discourse ethics says if you want to be heard you have to be willing to listen.

New Poll: Left-Wing Protesters Drive People into Arms of Donald Trump (http://reason.com/blog/2016/03/14/new-poll-left-wing-protesters-drive-peop)

Donald Trump's supporters aren't fazed by his decision to cancel an appearance at a Chicago rally over the weekend—in fact, they are more likely to vote for him to be the Republican nominee because of it.

That's according to a new poll of likely Republican voters conducted by Monmouth University. It confirms something I've long suspected (and have argued in previous articles): the antics of left-wing agitators are driving ordinary people into the arms of Trump.

The poll noted that pro-Trump and anti-Trump forces clashed in Chicago last Friday, which prompted Trump to cancel the event. It then asked respondents whether this fact made them more or less likely to support Trump. Just 11 percent said they were less likely to support Trump because of this decision. Another 22 percent said they were actually more likely to back Trump, and 66 percent said their views were unchanged.

Leftist protesters who vehemently oppose Trump would do well to remember that in a free society, even contemptible speakers are permitted to be heard....

Quicksilver
03-15-2016, 09:03 AM
And the far Right loonie antics of Trump and his followers have driven others right to Bernie and Clinton.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 09:05 AM
and the far right loonie antics of trump and his followers have driven others right to bernie and clinton.
lol.

Chris
03-15-2016, 09:10 AM
And the far Right loonie antics of Trump and his followers have driven others right to Bernie and Clinton.

OK, so what evidence of that do you have besides far left personal anecdote.

FindersKeepers
03-15-2016, 09:19 AM

Not nearly in the same numbers.

This is definitely a case of the Left being its own worst enemy.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 09:21 AM
Not nearly in the same numbers.

This is definitely a case of the Left being its own worst enemy.
The left is everyones worst enemy.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 09:46 AM

And exactly what might that be?

Cigar
03-15-2016, 09:48 AM
:laugh: Good it's working

Safety
03-15-2016, 09:48 AM
OK, so what evidence of that do you have besides far left personal anecdote.

And exactly what might that be?

http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/node_primary/primary_image/16/03/cdtobckueaez4sp.jpg

Chris
03-15-2016, 09:55 AM
http://crooksandliars.com/files/imagecache/node_primary/primary_image/16/03/cdtobckueaez4sp.jpg

Not evidence of more moving left wing.

Mac-7
03-15-2016, 10:07 AM
But trump cant beat hillary in the general election.

Every liberal trump hater knows that.

And tells us so every day

Which means the best thing for conservative republicans to do is to concede the election now and not even bother going through the motions in november.

Right libs?

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 10:19 AM

Actually, this appears to be the riots that led to Trump cancelling his rally for the safety of the citizens. This, if anything, is evidence of why the OP is correct.

Private Pickle
03-15-2016, 11:22 AM

Not evidence of anything.

Crepitus
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
But trump cant beat hillary in the general election.

Every liberal trump hater knows that.

And tells us so every day

Which means the best thing for conservative republicans to do is to concede the election now and not even bother going through the motions in november.

Right libs?
Oh My God He Finally Said Something That Made Sense!

Crepitus
03-15-2016, 11:50 AM
:laugh: Good it's working
Yes! They are falling right into our trap!

Polecat
03-15-2016, 11:59 AM
My neighbor in her mid 20's jumped ship. She thought Obama was going to bring America together but has seen the opposite. Helps when you don't have your nose so far up a party's butt that you can't see anything.

nathanbforrest45
03-15-2016, 12:16 PM
Obama's presidency failed because he is black and evey one hated him. If Hillary is elected her presidency will fail because she is a woman and every one hates her

AZ Jim
03-15-2016, 01:19 PM
lol. In your case LOL means "low on logic".

The Xl
03-15-2016, 01:21 PM
A lot of people recognize that all of these attacks are fabricated bs, it confirms that he's at odds with the power structure, and that naturally makes him appealing.

Mac-7
03-15-2016, 01:22 PM
Oh My God He Finally Said Something That Made Sense!

I thought you would be one of the liberals who would agree with that.

Chris
03-15-2016, 01:28 PM
A lot of people recognize that all of these attacks are fabricated bs, it confirms that he's at odds with the power structure, and that naturally makes him appealing.

Trump's game plan has to be that, look anti-Establishment, while also looking anti-Democrat. So when the Rep establishment gripes, he earns points, and he earns points when the liberals gripe.

MisterVeritis
03-15-2016, 01:31 PM
In your case LOL means "low on logic".
I kinda like that. I may use it in the future. But yes, low on logic does apply to Quicksilver's posts. Yours too.

The Xl
03-15-2016, 01:38 PM
Trump's game plan has to be that, look anti-Establishment, while also looking anti-Democrat. So when the Rep establishment gripes, he earns points, and he earns points when the liberals gripe.

That really tells you how unpopular the establishment on both sides is.

Crepitus
03-15-2016, 01:38 PM
I thought you would be one of the liberals who would agree with that.
lol

Chris
03-15-2016, 02:02 PM
That really tells you how unpopular the establishment on both sides is.

Yet Clinton is ahead. Go figure.