PDA

View Full Version : New Studies Show Severe Racial Discrimination at University of Wisconsin

Mister D
09-15-2011, 10:58 AM
(Madison, WI) Two studies released today by the Center for Equal Opportunity reveal severe discrimination based on race and ethnicity in undergraduate and law school admissions at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, with African Americans and Latinos given preference over whites and Asians.

Snip

The odds ratio favoring African Americans and Hispanics over whites was 576-to-1 and 504-to-1, respectively, using the SAT and class rank while controlling for other factors. Thus, the median composite SAT score for black admittees was 150 points lower than for whites and Asians, and the Latino median SAT score was 100 points lower. Using the ACT, the odds ratios climbed to 1330-to-1 and 1494-to-1, respectively, for African Americans and Hispanics over whites.

http://www.ceousa.org/content/view/929/119/

wingrider
09-15-2011, 11:10 PM
classic example of reverse discrimination..

looks like AA has gone amok

MMC
09-16-2011, 10:37 AM
Heya now.....don't you worry everybody gets a trophy!

Pendragon
09-16-2011, 05:35 PM
The ACT and SAT have clear cultural biases and have had them for years.

There is more to admissions than test scores and they are hardly an accurate predictor of long term success.

I would not worry about such an irrelevant topic.

Mister D
09-16-2011, 07:08 PM

There is more to admissions than test scores and they are hardly an accurate predictor of long term success.

Which is why East Asians on average score higher than whites not just on the ACT and SAT but on IQ tests as well. Your objection has been dead and buried for a long time.

Of course there is more. That's what the article is about. There is a clear pattern of racial discrimination. Are you white, Pen? If so, why would you accept discrimination targeting your own people?

I would. Why should whites be discriminated against? I'd love to hear this explanation.

Pendragon
09-16-2011, 07:17 PM

Which is why East Asians on average score higher than whites not just on the ACT and SAT but on IQ tests as well. Your objection has been dead and buried for a long time.

Of course there is more. That's what the article is about. There is a clear pattern of racial discrimination. Are you white, Pen? If so, why would you accept discrimination targeting your own people?

I would. Why should whites be discriminated against? I'd love to hear this explanation.

Please edit this further so that it makes some semblance of sense.

Currently it is a garbled mess.

Thanks to ye!

Mister D
09-16-2011, 07:20 PM

Please edit this further so that it makes some semblance of sense.

Currently it is a garbled mess.

Thanks to ye!

Translation: "I'm full of shit and just got my ass handed to me but I'll pretend I don't understand the reply."

No problem, Pen. ;)

Pendragon
09-16-2011, 07:33 PM
You are quite the boor.

If in fact you have reread your reply and are too obtuse to observe the contradiction you yourself made then I am not certain what benefit can come from our discussion.

Mister D
09-16-2011, 07:37 PM
You are quite the boor.

If in fact you have reread your reply and are too obtuse to observe the contradiction you yourself made then I am not certain what benefit can come from our discussion.

I've replied to each of your points in turn. Since your points have been demolished I'm not surprised you have nothing more to say.

Jimo
09-16-2011, 07:39 PM
Who said the measure of the efficacy of testing should be the predictor of outcomes?

What system can guarantee outcomes?

Mister D
09-16-2011, 07:41 PM
Who said the measure of the efficacy of testing should be the predictor of outcomes?

Liberals have been intent on guaranteeing outcomes for decades now.

MMC
09-16-2011, 10:55 PM

:D That would be the gangsta system. Guarnteed you either going to get killed or go to prison for a long time. ;) :D ;D

Course when it comes to Liberals.....the only thing that is guarnteed is that they will have their hands on everybody else's money.