PDA

View Full Version : Is Trump encouraging (or threatening) violence?

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 04:51 PM
There has been discussion here about who is responsible for the violence (and threat of violence) at Trump rallies. Trump is now on record saying:

'Donald Trump says that if he is leading in delegates going into the GOP convention but does not emerge as the nominee, there will be chaos in Cleveland.“I think you’d have riots,” Trump said on CNN’s “New Day” on Wednesday.'

I think he is instructing his supporters on how he wants them to behave if he doesn't get his way. Opinions?

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/trump-gop-convention-riots-173311030.html

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 04:53 PM
Of course he is.

There is a long list of things he has said in his speeches that confirms it.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 04:59 PM
"if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of 'em, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise."

"Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I’ll defend you in court."

"See, in the good old days this didn’t use to happen, because they used to treat them very rough. We’ve become very weak."

"maybe he deserved to get roughed up."

“Part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?… Our country has to toughen up, folks. We have to toughen up. These people are bringing us down, remember that they’re bringing us down… These are not good people. These are not the people that are going to make our country great… these are the people that are destroying our country.”

Safety
03-16-2016, 05:03 PM
Like I've said before, to hear these guys here berate De blasio and Obama for causing the assassination of the two NY police officers or the war on police, and the same cons want to pretend Trump plays no fault in his rhetoric is the textbook case of hypocrisy.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:04 PM
His violent rhetoric almost pales in comparison to what he says about women.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
There has been discussion here about who is responsible for the violence (and threat of violence) at Trump rallies. Trump is now on record saying:

'Donald Trump says that if he is leading in delegates going into the GOP convention but does not emerge as the nominee, there will be chaos in Cleveland.“I think you’d have riots,” Trump said on CNN’s “New Day” on Wednesday.'

I think he is instructing his supporters on how he wants them to behave if he doesn't get his way. Opinions?

I posted it already (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/03/14/is-it-a-crime-to-heckle-at-a-campaign-rally/).

This question has come up with regard to recent Donald Trump-related controversies, so I thought I’d talk about it more broadly.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 05:06 PM
I wonder if Trump planning on having a repeat of the 1968 dem convention....protesters, troops & chaos.

Safety
03-16-2016, 05:07 PM
His violent rhetoric almost pales in comparison to what he says about women.

I believe the reason no-one wants to hold Trump at fault, is because it would mean his supporters are not that bright and easily manipulated, or sheep if you rather...

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:09 PM
In his own words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUTWPzkLh-0

Safety
03-16-2016, 05:11 PM
I posted it already (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/03/14/is-it-a-crime-to-heckle-at-a-campaign-rally/).

That would mean Joe Wilson should have been charged for shouting out "you lie" while Obama was giving his joint address to congress. But we all know how he was praised for it.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 05:18 PM
"if you see somebody getting ready to throw a tomato, knock the crap out of 'em, would you? Seriously. Okay? Just knock the hell — I promise you, I will pay for the legal fees. I promise. I promise."

"Get him out. Try not to hurt him. If you do I’ll defend you in court."

"See, in the good old days this didn’t use to happen, because they used to treat them very rough. We’ve become very weak."

"maybe he deserved to get roughed up."

“Part of the problem, and part of the reason it takes so long is nobody wants to hurt each other anymore, right?… Our country has to toughen up, folks. We have to toughen up. These people are bringing us down, remember that they’re bringing us down… These are not good people. These are not the people that are going to make our country great… these are the people that are destroying our country.”

I like what trump said about the leftwing moveon.org rented scumbag protesters.

But not necessarily the way he said it according to your trump quotes.

so my advice to him is to be a little less blunt.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 05:19 PM
That would mean Joe Wilson should have been charged for shouting out "you lie" while Obama was giving his joint address to congress. But we all know how he was praised for it.

I bet safety didnt praise wilson

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:20 PM
I like what trump said about the leftwing moveon.org rented scumbag protesters.

But not necessarily the way he said it according to your trump quotes.

so my advice to him is to be a little less blunt.

So you like the message, you just want him to not say what he really means?

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM

You didn't read past the title. Your statement is incorrect. The article covers it. Read it.

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:23 PM
Let's assume Trump is encouraging his followers to violence, and should be held responsible.

Who is responsible for the left's violent reaction to him?

Aren't we ourselves responsible for not acting violently except in self-defense?

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 05:25 PM
Let's assume Trump is encouraging his followers to violence, and should be held responsible.

Aren't we ourselves responsible for not acting violently except in self-defense?

Why does the hard left and the media, sorry to repeat myself, ignore the statements from the left inciting violence. Obama made statements that caused cops to die. Don't tell us about Trump without discussing that. That is dishonest and trashy.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM

Take that logic and apply it to an extreme case like encouraging terrorism. Would encouraging terrorist acts be fine and the blame only to those who commit them?

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:26 PM
Why does the hard left and the media, sorry to repeat myself, ignore the statements from the left inciting violence. Obama made statements that caused cops to die. Don't tell us about Trump without discussing that. That is dishonest and trashy.

Such as???

hanger4
03-16-2016, 05:28 PM

But but responsibility only goes one way, their (points finger) way.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Such as???

Answered numerous times in the Forum.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 05:30 PM

I don't think there is any question that we are all responsible for our actions. I think the question here is whether Trump is encouraging the violence. Some believe Trump is encouraging the violence and some who believe he is as innocent as a lamb.

The same question came up when Palin used a rifle sight in her campaign against dems in AZ. Did she encourage the person who did take aim against Giffords?

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 05:35 PM
So you like the message, you just want him to not say what he really means?

I have approved of beating up progressives since the Vietnam War protests where they burned the American flag and waved the enemies flag instead.

I think it would be great fun and very satisfying to beat the living snot out of them.

But violence only encourages counter violence and I believe in a civil society.

So I encourage trump not to make any more of the statements you quoted.

he was wrong to say what he said.

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I don't think there is any question that we are all responsible for our actions. I think the question here is whether Trump is encouraging the violence. Some believe Trump is encouraging the violence and some who believe he is as innocent as a lamb.

The same question came up when Palin used a rifle sight in her campaign against dems in AZ. Did she encourage the person who did take aim against Giffords?

I said hold him responsible for any violence on the right. But how is he encouraging violence on the left? Where is that coming from?

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:38 PM
Take that logic and apply it to an extreme case like encouraging terrorism. Would encouraging terrorist acts be fine and the blame only to those who commit them?

Same question, hold Trump responsible for violence on the right. Where is the violence on the left coming from? Who's responsible for that. Substitute terrorism, makes no difference.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 05:39 PM
There were a lot of people who enjoyed beating up those who protested the Vietnam war....it was a lot safer than actually going to fight in Vietnam. Kinda the same situation today...the old farts send the young people off to die (but not their children). The only difference now is the old farts wear flag pins.

decedent
03-16-2016, 05:39 PM
My theory: Trump would beat dissenters up himself, but his hands are too small. He can barely hold a pencil. This is why he must ask his followers to beat them up for him, and why he said he'd pay for their legal fees.

With such tiny hands and what he claims is such a massive penis, he probably has to hire relief assistants -- many of them. This is likely why his entourage is so yuge.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 05:42 PM
There were a lot of people who enjoyed beating up those who protested the Vietnam war....it was a lot safer than actually going to fight in Vietnam. Kinda the same situation today...the old farts send the young people off to die (but not their children). The only difference now is the old farts wear flag pins.

A lot of Americans did serve

as for the old farts not fighting in vietnam they served their time in WWII and Korea so they have no need to apologize to you.

Polecat
03-16-2016, 05:43 PM
I think most revolutions come part & parcel with a good helping of violence. Can't be helped. The attempted repeal of the 2nd amendment will ignite a civil war.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:47 PM
Answered numerous times in the Forum.

Haven't seen it. Can't you give an example of your assertion?

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:48 PM
I think most revolutions come part & parcel with a good helping of violence. Can't be helped. The attempted repeal of the 2nd amendment will ignite a civil war.

Meh, this is populism, not revolution.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:49 PM
I have approved of beating up progressives since the Vietnam War protests where they burned the American flag and waved the enemies flag instead.

I think it would be great fun and very satisfying to beat the living snot out of them.

But violence only encourages counter violence and I believe in a civil society.

So I encourage trump not to make any more of the statements you quoted.

he was wrong to say what he said.

So you approve of "beating up progressives", but "violence only encourages counter violence" and you believe in a civil society?

Isn't that contradictory?

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 05:50 PM
Same question, hold Trump responsible for violence on the right. Where is the violence on the left coming from? Who's responsible for that. Substitute terrorism, makes no difference.

Is there a candidate for the leadership of the Democratic Party encouraging violence?

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 05:53 PM
I said hold him responsible for any violence on the right. But how is he encouraging violence on the left? Where is that coming from?

Violence is a virus. Manipulating one side into violence will encourage the other side to respond in the same fashion by some people. It doesn't take a lot of encouragement to prod some people into violence....no matter what their politics.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 05:54 PM
So you approve of "beating up progressives", but "violence only encourages counter violence" and you believe in a civil society?

Isn't that contradictory?

I dont approve of beating them up.

I like the mental image of it

and if it appeals to me I'm sure others do too.

but its a bad idea to enage in violence except in self defense.

So again, I think trump should be more careful with his words.

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:56 PM
Is there a candidate for the leadership of the Democratic Party encouraging violence?

Don't know. But still where is the violence on the left coming from? I've already said Trump should be held responsible for encouraging it, OK, but is he creating it, or tapping into it and using it and manipulating it? I think people, Americans, are frustrated and angry. It goes deeper than just Trump.

Mac-7

He is term limited so not a candiate now.

but an actual leader named obama.

Although except for the knife and gun statement obumer has not been as blunt about it as trump has.

PolWatch

Wow....whodathunkit? Mac is a wanna-be thug.

Chris
03-16-2016, 05:57 PM
Violence is a virus. Manipulating one side into violence will encourage the other side to respond in the same fashion by some people. It doesn't take a lot of encouragement to prod some people into violence....no matter what their politics.

But if Trump is manipulating it, it already exists. As I just said, he's tapping into it. It's what anti-establishment populists do.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:00 PM
But if Trump is manipulating it, it already exists. As I just said, he's tapping into it. It's what anti-establishment populists do.

Frustration exists. To take that frustration and imply that it is right to react violently is encouraging violence.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 06:01 PM

True....he taps into emotion (anger) instead of appealing to logic or reason. Point out a problem and find a target to blame for the problem. Encourage anger at the target. Hot button politics at its finest.

AZ Jim
03-16-2016, 06:01 PM

Try this: Create one of your "mental images" of YOU lying on your back on the street somewhere, bloodied up and hurting in places you didn't know you owned? How's that "mental image"? If it can happen to anyone, it could be you, yes? Violence is not a thought changer.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:02 PM
The real conservatives here should be denouncing it outright instead of deflecting and spinning it, as they are.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 06:04 PM
The real conservatives here should be denouncing it outright instead of deflecting and spinning it, as they are.

Its easy to think that it will never happen to them. Famous last words.

Chris
03-16-2016, 06:04 PM

Just as real liberals should be doing the same with violence on the left.

Chris
03-16-2016, 06:06 PM
Frustration exists. To take that frustration and imply that it is right to react violently is encouraging violence.

Do I have to say hold Trump responsible every post? Oh, wait, that detracts from liberal spin against Trump and detracts from discussion of why people are frustrated and angry to begin with.

Chris
03-16-2016, 06:08 PM
True....he taps into emotion (anger) instead of appealing to logic or reason. Point out a problem and find a target to blame for the problem. Encourage anger at the target. Hot button politics at its finest.

And that's exactly what the left does as well. Sanders, another populist, is very good at that, blame the rich, blame Wall Street, etc etc etc. Clinton does it to a lesser extent, as do Republican candidates sans Trump.

Chris
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
No one wants to say what people are frustrated and angry about.

PolWatch
03-16-2016, 06:09 PM
Do I have to say hold Trump responsible every post? Oh, wait, that detracts from liberal spin against Trump and detracts from discussion of why people are frustrated and angry to begin with.

Hold yer horses! Liberal spin against Trump? Really? There are many more articles where conservative republicans are voicing objections to Trump. The liberals seem to have decided to watch the repubs commit suicide.

Chris
03-16-2016, 06:12 PM
Hold yer horses! Liberal spin against Trump? Really? There are many more articles where conservative republicans are voicing objections to Trump. The liberals seem to have decided to watch the repubs commit suicide.

Of course, that's politics, spin what you can against opponents.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 06:16 PM
Haven't seen it. Can't you give an example of your assertion?

I will look around and post a link if I come across it.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 06:17 PM

Obama. Again. Posted already with videos.

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:19 PM
Of course he is.

There is a long list of things he has said in his speeches that confirms it.

Yet his supporters aren't the violent ones nor are they calling for Hilary's assisination. You can't say that about the Dems.

Cthulhu
03-16-2016, 06:22 PM

This. If you're at a podium and openly plotting the demise of the president it shouldn't matter unless you start taking steps to actually do it.

AMD of some other jackwagon does the deed you were talking about, that is on that guy.

Pin the responsibility on the responsible party.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:22 PM
Just as real liberals should be doing the same with violence on the left.

Sure. I'll wait for you to point out a leader in the Dem party encouraging violence against others.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:25 PM

No, but maybe in the thread that asks the direct question. Your answer could be "yes, Trump is encouraging violence, but..." rather than not answering and pointing the finger at the left.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:26 PM
Yet his supporters aren't the violent ones nor are they calling for Hilary's assisination. You can't say that about the Dems.

What?

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:26 PM
The spin and deflection in this thread from some of our more reasonable conservatives isn't what I expected.

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:27 PM
What?

Did I stutter?

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:28 PM
The spin and deflection in this thread from some of our more reasonable conservatives isn't what I expected.

Your inability to see both sides of the coin is completely expected.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:28 PM
Did I stutter?

No, but I didn't get what you meant and you spelled assassination incorrectly.

Can you elaborate on what you were saying?

Ravens Fan
03-16-2016, 06:33 PM

I think he is pointing out the obvious. If the Republican establishment decides to go against the will of it's people, yet again, there will likely be riots. I cannot see how stating an opinion on what kind of reaction that move would create, is the same as inciting violence.

I also feel that people are supposed to be responsible for their own actions. I don't agree with inciting violence at all, but is he holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to commit crimes? Or is this just another way to attack a Presidential candidate in order to shut down his message?

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:34 PM
No, but I didn't get what you meant and you spelled assassination incorrectly.

Can you elaborate on what you were saying?

You're telling me you didn't understand what I said because spell check isn't a priority to me? Not sure I can help you there...

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:36 PM
I think he is pointing out the obvious. If the Republican establishment decides to go against the will of it's people, yet again, there will likely be riots. I cannot see how stating an opinion on what kind of reaction that move would create, is the same as inciting violence.

I also feel that people are supposed to be responsible for their own actions. I don't agree with inciting violence at all, but is he holding a gun to people's heads and forcing them to commit crimes? Or is this just another way to attack a Presidential candidate in order to shut down his message?

It is ingrained in the liberal mindset and is common. Example: Stopping illegal immigration = racism.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:37 PM
You're telling me you didn't understand what I said because spell check isn't a priority to me? Not sure I can help you there...

No, I didn't understand what you wrote because I'm not sure what you meant by "his supporters aren't the violent ones" and "nor are they calling for Hilary's assisination".

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:38 PM
No, I didn't understand what you wrote because I'm not sure what you meant by "his supporters aren't the violent ones" and "nor are they calling for Hilary's assisination".

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/60231-The-Assassination-of-Donald-Trump

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:41 PM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/60231-The-Assassination-of-Donald-Trump

The video doesn't lay the blame on the left, but on some Trump opponents on the left and right.

But thank you for clarifying. I hadn't seen that.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 06:41 PM

Denounce Obama's calls for violence.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:43 PM
Denounce Obama's calls for violence.

Such as? I know you've said "they're around" but I haven't seen what you keep referring to.

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:45 PM
The video doesn't lay the blame on the left, but on some Trump opponents on the left and right.

But thank you for clarifying. I hadn't seen that.

Right. I'm sure lots of conservatives are threatening assASSination of Trump. Given they are the ones becoming violent at his rallies. Oh wait...

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:46 PM
Such as? I know you've said "they're around" but I haven't seen what you keep referring to.

The point is....it isn't coming from Trump either...

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Such as? I know you've said "they're around" but I haven't seen what you keep referring to.posted.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:53 PM
The point is....it isn't coming from Trump either...

I provided direct quotes.

Common Sense
03-16-2016, 06:54 PM
posted.

Where?

Private Pickle
03-16-2016, 06:57 PM
I provided direct quotes.

That didn't incite violence.

gamewell45
03-16-2016, 07:00 PM

Given the context in which it was given, I think Trump is merely expressing his opinion and not calling for violence.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 07:08 PM
Where?

Here on the Forum. Or Google it if you wish.

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 07:23 PM

Who is held responsible when someone tells "fire" in a crowded theater?

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 07:24 PM
What statements are those?

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 07:27 PM
In his own words...

I like it! It is time for some serious ass kicking.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 07:27 PM
Joe spoke truly.

Ethereal
03-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Maybe, probably. But if he is, I don't see what the big deal is, since the entire US political system is predicated on violence and the threat of violence.

Chris
03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
Who is held responsible when someone tells "fire" in a crowded theater?

Who yelled fire in Chicago? The left in the form of various groups dedicated to #shutitdown.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 07:31 PM
the real conservatives here should be denouncing it outright instead of deflecting and spinning it, as they are.
lol.

Chris
03-16-2016, 07:32 PM
Maybe, probably. But if he is, I don't see what the big deal is, since the entire US political system is predicated on violence and the threat of violence.

Ironic that those who most support that system are the ones decrying it.

Ethereal
03-16-2016, 07:33 PM
Ironic that those who most support that system are the ones decrying it.

Most people are fine with violence. They just want it to be systematic, institutionalized violence. But when they see violence occurring outside of those conventional parameters, it disturbs them.

Safety
03-16-2016, 07:34 PM
Joe spoke truly.

That's not how this works, that's not how anything works.

https://youtu.be/Aq_1l316ow8

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 07:35 PM
That's not how this works, that's not how anything works.

Actually, it is. I find it refreshing that lying scum is identified.

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 07:36 PM
Here on the Forum. Or Google it if you wish.
I did Google it. Nothing shows up.

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Who yelled fire in Chicago? The left in the form of various groups dedicated to #shutitdown.
Trump had shouted "fire" so many times before he got there that you could still hear the echoes.

del
03-16-2016, 07:49 PM

no, he didn't

del
03-16-2016, 07:50 PM
What statements are those?

the imaginary ones

del
03-16-2016, 07:51 PM

color me stunned

decedent
03-16-2016, 07:59 PM

I also enjoy seeing citizens getting a good beating. It keeps them in their place.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 08:08 PM

omg....

we will punish our enemies
cops are out of control (and 12 get killed so far this year).

wake up. The media isn't going to run with it. They are part of the DNC.

Safety
03-16-2016, 08:10 PM
.....seriously?

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 08:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdmaQw1ZAA

Safety
03-16-2016, 08:18 PM

Chris
03-16-2016, 08:22 PM
Trump had shouted "fire" so many times before he got there that you could still hear the echoes.

I already blamed him and held him responsible a dozen times earlier, thought it was time to also blame #shutitdown. You can read about it here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Donald_Trump_Chicago_rally_protest

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 08:22 PM
The left cries for violence all the time and the media fails to report on it. Now people shit the bed when it is claimed that the right is calling for violence.

Just pointing that out.

Consistency is not the hobgoblin of small minds.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 08:23 PM
The left cries for violence all the time and the media fails to report on it. Now people $#@! the bed when it is claimed that the right is calling for violence.

Just pointing that out.

A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin...

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 08:44 PM
I also enjoy seeing citizens getting a good beating. It keeps them in their place.

If its moveon.org mobsters their place is under a wet rock

decedent
03-16-2016, 09:02 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLdmaQw1ZAA

Classic Obama, grounding his enemies with no dessert.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 09:07 PM
Satire alert.

Dr. Who
03-16-2016, 09:17 PM

For those who are not particularly sophisticated, a Presidential candidate has a great deal of credibility, especially if he is incredibly popular. Now if such a person is egging on violence, can you really blame the voters?

decedent
03-16-2016, 09:22 PM
If its moveon.org mobsters their place is under a wet rock

Don't worry, followers of our favorite klandidate are taking care of them. As Trump said, "knock the crap out of them."

I know this kind of thing does't happen at Sanders or Hillary rallies but Trump followers have a right to be angry: they're old and get cranky when they miss their naps.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 09:30 PM
Satire alert. Again.

Dr. Who
03-16-2016, 09:36 PM

Shouldn't there be some onus of responsibility on a Presidential candidate? Shouldn't they have to sign some promise to not promote anarchy? If not to date, I expect that such a document will be a part of the next election.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 09:42 PM
Don't worry, followers of our favorite klandidate are taking care of them. As Trump said, "knock the crap out of them."

I know this kind of thing does't happen at Sanders or Hillary rallies but Trump followers have a right to be angry: they're old and get cranky when they miss their naps.

Nothing happens at hillary or bernie rallies cause george soros is on their side so he does not send his thugs after them.

Mac-7
03-16-2016, 09:44 PM
Shouldn't there be some onus of responsibility on a Presidential candidate? Shouldn't they have to sign some promise to not promote anarchy? If not to date, I expect that such a document will be a part of the next election.

Trump is not invading hillary events and starting fights with her followers.

Ravens Fan
03-16-2016, 09:48 PM

No. I think that they should be allowed to speak as they wish, whether or not you and I agree with what they are saying. That is a fundamental part of these United States.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 09:49 PM
The protests are funding by leftist live MoveOn. Don't blame the people holding the rally. That falls into the hands of the evil people.

decedent
03-16-2016, 09:50 PM

I'm sure that Hillary would instruct her audience to knock them out.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 09:51 PM
Satire alert. This guy is good. A jester.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 09:52 PM
LOL. Should a socialist and a closet socialist be running. Socialism always harms the ones subjected to it.

Dr. Who
03-16-2016, 09:54 PM
TBH, Trump hasn't generally been on the DNC radar until what, the last couple of days, so any anti-Trump activity is a direct result of his own comments, not as a result of any DNC encouragement. Trump on the other hand has been encouraging violence against protesters who honestly, may not have even chosen to vote in this election. Now they will and they will ensure that they vote against the GOP. Trump has gone out of his way to encourage the potential DNC voters to go out and vote. Why would he do that?

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 09:54 PM
omg....

we will punish our enemies
cops are out of control (and 12 get killed so far this year).

wake up. The media isn't going to run with it. They are part of the DNC.
Didn't find those, can you show me where you did?

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 09:57 PM
The left cries for violence all the time and the media fails to report on it. Now people shit the bed when it is claimed that the right is calling for violence.

Just pointing that out.

Can you show me somewhere where a left leaning presidential candidate, or for that matter any left wing political figure of national stature has said something inflammatory like they would pay the legal fees if someone attacked the opposition?

Dr. Who
03-16-2016, 09:57 PM
LOL. Should a socialist and a closet socialist be running. Socialism always harms the ones subjected to it.
HC is no socialist - she is establishment all the way. She does however, talk a good game, but she is a practised chameleon.

MisterVeritis
03-16-2016, 09:59 PM
HC is no socialist - she is establishment all the way. She does however, talk a good game, but she is a practised chameleon.
She is a crony. I believe she is a closet socialist. Whatever pays the most money.

Peter1469
03-16-2016, 10:06 PM
Didn't find those, can you show me where you did?

Hire a secretary. I doubt that you could afford my services. $450 and hour plus expenses.

Dr. Who
03-16-2016, 10:11 PM
She is a crony. I believe she is a closet socialist. Whatever pays the most money.
She's up to her eyeballs in globalist cronyism - that's big money. She is not and has never been a socialist.

Crepitus
03-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Hire a secretary. I doubt that you could afford my services. $450 and hour plus expenses.
So that's a no then? If you won't back up your statements I don't know why you bother to make them. Just wasting your time and mine.

Since when do JAG get to bill hourly?

Cthulhu
03-16-2016, 11:22 PM

After being sort of taken to task for calling out a certain troll regarding a dishonest thread title, this is a breath of fresh air.

But to answer your question, I think it is both.

I think Trump does think there would be riots, but at the same time I think he would want them as well. And planting seeds of weeds and not caring where they grow is an old scorched earth policy.

"If I can't have it, nobody can!" Kinda thing.

Sent from my evil, baby seal-clubbing cellphone.

Mac-7
03-17-2016, 06:05 AM
She's up to her eyeballs in globalist cronyism - that's big money. She is not and has never been a socialist.

True.

Socialists believe in public ownership of everything and that is so old school.

Thats what the marxists believed until the soviets and western euros actually tried it and proved that progressives are lousy at producing wealth but very good at redistributing it.

So the marxists have evolved into the fascist economic model that accepts limited private ownership with oppressive government oversight.

Quicksilver
03-17-2016, 06:46 AM
Trump is counting on the gullibility of his followers to pick up on the not so subtle hints at instructions. They will...and then Trump can turn around and plead innocent.

Safety
03-17-2016, 07:04 AM
Trump is counting on the gullibility of his followers to pick up on the not so subtle hints at instructions. They will...and then Trump can turn around and plead innocent.

It is really no different than what people call trolls here. So much anger and whining about some members "baiting" a response out of other members, and when they get punished the first thing they scream is "he/they were trolling/baiting me".

If people here don't think Trump is baiting people to act out, then they should be quiet about people trolling here.

Ravens Fan
03-17-2016, 08:01 AM
It is really no different than what people call trolls here. So much anger and whining about some members "baiting" a response out of other members, and when they get punished the first thing they scream is "he/they were trolling/baiting me".

If people here don't think Trump is baiting people to act out, then they should be quiet about people trolling here.

lol

Ethereal
03-17-2016, 08:01 AM
Trump is counting on the gullibility of his followers...

In other words, he's exactly like Hillary Clinton.

Mac-7
03-17-2016, 09:37 AM

If trump thinks trumpsters will riot in the streets and loot a CVS pharmacy like common obama voters in the hood he's mistaken.

but they might walk away from the republican party in november and hand the election to hillary.

MisterVeritis
03-17-2016, 09:44 AM
If you prefer authoritarian statist to socialist I understand. Socialism is a tactic. We can disagree.

Chris
03-17-2016, 09:57 AM
For what it's worth, last night on Lemon, CNN, Dan Rather didn't go so far as to hold Trump responsible, in fact, criticised the media, and warned them to be careful not to escalate it.

suds00
03-17-2016, 11:20 AM
he threatens a riot at the convention if he doesn't get the nomination.

suds00
03-17-2016, 11:23 AM
If trump thinks trumpsters will riot in the streets and loot a CVS pharmacy like common obama voters in the hood he's mistaken.

but they might walk away from the republican party in november and hand the election to hillary.that would be acceptable,barely.

MisterVeritis
03-17-2016, 11:25 AM
You just might be delusional. You should have yourself checked.

FindersKeepers
03-17-2016, 01:14 PM
For what it's worth, last night on Lemon, CNN, Dan Rather didn't go so far as to hold Trump responsible, in fact, criticised the media, and warned them to be careful not to escalate it.

Good for Rather. He apparently learned something from his ill-fated accusations that GWB went AWOL. Looking back, perhaps he sees the damaging role the media plays in these things.

The media built Trump and the media can lead a rioting feeding frenzy.

And, because journalistic integrity means nothing anymore...they probably will.

FindersKeepers
03-17-2016, 01:15 PM

I smell smoke...someone's pants are on fire!

Private Pickle
03-17-2016, 01:18 PM

LOL lap up that sweet sweet nectar for the masses...

nic34
03-17-2016, 02:00 PM

I knew that was YOU!

http://media.makeameme.org/created/johnny-weenie.jpg

Mac-7
03-17-2016, 07:08 PM
that would be acceptable,barely.

Handing the election to hillary would not be aacptable to me.

I want my side to win.