PDA

View Full Version : Border Patrol union: 'Trump is the only candidate' to support agents

Peter1469
03-19-2016, 11:40 PM
Border Patrol union is for Trump (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/border-patrol-union-trump-is-the-only-candidate-to-support-agents/article/2586274).

The largest U.S. Border Patrol union local is praising Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump for being the "only candidate" to support their tough mission, an almost endorsement that is the latest boost for the front runner's campaign.

"Mr. Trump is the only candidate that has publicly expressed his support of our mission and our agents. He has been an outspoken candidate on the need for a Secure Border and for this we are grateful," said a statement from Art Del Cueto, president of Local 2544 of the National Border Patrol Council, the representative of 18,000 agents.

zelmo1234
03-20-2016, 04:13 AM
Well any law enforcement officer that thinks they are going to get support from a democrat is blind or stupid.

Though I think they will get plenty of support from Cruz as well

FindersKeepers
03-20-2016, 05:40 AM
This is actually a good point. When polled, most Americans don't want an "open" border where anyone and everyone can come up. They want rules and regulation.

The border patrol are there to enforce the rules and yet, the system works against them.

Mac-7
03-20-2016, 10:07 AM
This is actually a good point. When polled, most Americans don't want an "open" border where anyone and everyone can come up. They want rules and regulation.

The border patrol are there to enforce the rules and yet, the system works against them.

I don't think the politicians in Washington care what the voters want

open borders and amnesty are in the politicians best interest

FindersKeepers
03-20-2016, 04:31 PM
I don't think the politicians in Washington care what the voters want

open borders and amnesty are in the politicians best interest

We've moved into an era where the Left insists that criminals are not criminals -- that illegal aliens are nothing more than good people who want to better their lives.

While I'm sure some of that is going on -- we're seeing intensified violent crime from illegal aliens -- at a higher percentage -- than crimes committed by legal citizens. Once a person breaks the law and gets away with it -- is even encouraged to to get away with it -- that person sees the law as a "gray area" not as something that is black and white.

Tahuyaman
03-20-2016, 04:40 PM
I was recently in Arizona and I came across a couple of border patrol guys and they told me that they are "all in" for Trump.

I think this is a rare case where the union leadership and rank and file are on the same page.

Mac-7
03-20-2016, 04:54 PM
We've moved into an era where the Left insists that criminals are not criminals -- that illegal aliens are nothing more than good people who want to better their lives.

While I'm sure some of that is going on -- we're seeing intensified violent crime from illegal aliens -- at a higher percentage -- than crimes committed by legal citizens. Once a person breaks the law and gets away with it -- is even encouraged to to get away with it -- that person sees the law as a "gray area" not as something that is black and white.

The closest washington politicians living in their gated communities with armed security at their doors come to violent illegal aliens is when their mais's mexican boyfreind drops them off for work.

our problems with crime in the streets is not their problem

Tahuyaman
03-20-2016, 04:58 PM
Too much drama with that one.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 06:13 AM
Too much drama with that one.

Anger too, that the politicians in washington and the government workers there live better than the average Americans that support them.

I and many others feel the anger of being betrayed by the government class and that causes the reaction to illegal aliens that you dismiss as mere drama.

Cigar
03-21-2016, 08:34 AM
Border Patrol union is for Trump (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/border-patrol-union-trump-is-the-only-candidate-to-support-agents/article/2586274).

Why would you need a Boarder Patrol Officer if you have HUGE WALL?

Just Stare at The Wall?

FindersKeepers
03-21-2016, 08:41 AM
W

Why were patrols required at the Berlin Wall?

Cigar
03-21-2016, 08:44 AM
W

Why were patrols required at the Berlin Wall?

I was a Little Wall that could be broken with a hammer ... and there were a lot of Little Wire Fences all over the country :grin:

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 08:46 AM

Just Stare at The Wall?
Border or Boarder?

Hmm. Illegals crossing the border become boarders living at the expense of productive Americans.

Trump's wall must be protected. The Border Patrol will still be needed. Under Trump, they will no longer be Official Greeters and babysitters.

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 08:46 AM
Does anyone else see the humor of a repub candidate being praised by a union official?

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 08:49 AM
Does anyone else see the humor of a repub candidate being praised by a union official?
Humor? Yes. I do. I wonder if Hillary and Bernie are as amused.

FindersKeepers
03-21-2016, 08:50 AM
I was a Little Wall that could be broken with a hammer ... and there were a lot of Little Wire Fences all over the country :grin:

LOL,

I get the feeling that the idea of cracking a history book is a foreign concept to you. :grin:

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 08:51 AM
Humor? Yes. I do. I wonder if Hillary and Bernie are as amused.

I don't know if they are amused but I'm sure that Clinton is thankful for Trump's help.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 08:52 AM
I don't know if they are amused but I'm sure that Clinton is thankful for Trump's help.
I suppose we shall find out. When Trump wins we will have a Justice Department once again. Hillary will be moving to Leavenworth.

Common Sense
03-21-2016, 08:59 AM
Good thing for Trump that Obama continued increasing border agents to a current all time high.

20,000 potential Trump voters.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 09:01 AM
Good thing for Trump that Obama continued increasing border agents to a current all time high.

20,000 potential Trump voters.
Yes. Barack Hussein O need far more Official Greeters and babysitters to bring in his illegal child army. Trump will restore them to the serve the nation in a far better way.

Tahuyaman
03-21-2016, 09:58 AM

Eveidently, you never saw it.

Peter1469
03-21-2016, 02:32 PM

Just Stare at The Wall?

You would have to ask the agents why they are supporting Trump.

Tahuyaman
03-21-2016, 05:23 PM
You would have to ask the agents why they are supporting Trump.

I did. They believe Trump is the only one who will support them by allowing them to do their job.

Doublejack
03-21-2016, 05:24 PM
Why wouldnt they? Job security.

AZ Jim
03-21-2016, 05:26 PM
I was recently in Arizona and I came across a couple of border patrol guys and they told me that they are "all in" for Trump.

I think this is a rare case where the union leadership and rank and file are on the same page. Weird, I stopped by a check point the other day near Patagonia, AZ ( I live in Arizona) and chatted up one of the Agents there.....he said he honestly thinks Trump is insane.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Weird, I stopped by a check point the other day near Patagonia, AZ ( I live in Arizona) and chatted up one of the Agents there.....he said he honestly thinks Trump is insane.
He was being polite to you.

AZ Jim
03-21-2016, 05:28 PM
He was being polite to you.Well, he should be, I pay his salary.

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 05:29 PM
Well, he should be, I pay his salary.
Now that is unlikely.

AZ Jim
03-21-2016, 06:02 PM
Now that is unlikely.They don't work for the taxpayer?

Tahuyaman
03-21-2016, 06:45 PM
Weird, I stopped by a check point the other day near Patagonia, AZ ( I live in Arizona) and chatted up one of the Agents there.....he said he honestly thinks Trump is insane.

I'm sure there's always one who doesn't agree with the majority. I'm sure that the border agents are overwhelmingly supporting Trump. I suspect even someone like you knows that too.

Tahuyaman
03-21-2016, 06:46 PM
They don't work for the taxpayer?

If you think he works for you, go report to his office in the morning and tell him what to do.