PDA

View Full Version : Kasich: Here’s How I’ll Win the Nomination

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 07:48 AM
While the media is watching Trump & Cruz, Kasich seems to be planning a different outcome for the repub nomination. RCP polls show him with a good chance of beating Clinton while Trump is polling as a loser.

Poll
Date
Sample
MoE
Kasich (R)
Clinton (D)
Spread

RCP Average
2/10 - 2/17
--
--
Kasich +7.4

Poll
Date
Sample
MoE
Clinton (D)
Trump (R)
Spread

RCP Average
2/11 - 3/6
--
--
Clinton +6.3

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

'During appearances on several Sunday talk shows, Kasich -- who has thus far won just a single primary contest in his home state of Ohio – was adamant that Trump will come up short in the delegate count prior to the July national convention in Cleveland. Kasich predicted he will eventually garner the nomination in an open convention on the basis of his broad government experience and electability in a general election against Democrat Hillary Rodham Clinton.'

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kasich-ll-win-nomination-election-101500313.html

MisterVeritis
03-21-2016, 08:31 AM
While the media is watching Trump & Cruz, Kasich seems to be planning a different outcome for the repub nomination. RCP polls show him with a good chance of beating Clinton while Trump is polling as a loser.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kasich-ll-win-nomination-election-101500313.html
Kasich is delusional. The vast increase in Medicaid will bankrupt Ohio in just a few more years. And there is nothing the state of Ohio can do about it. If there is justice the productive people in Ohio will track Kasich down and hurt him once they realize just how much damage Kasich did to them.

"Because of the Medicaid expansion, Ohio has insured 609,000 people in the Medicaid program, compared to only 188,000 that have become insured in the Obamacare insurance exchanges.As the conservative OhioWatchdog.org recently wrote: (http://watchdog.org/237980/75percent-ohio-obamacare/)
Obamacare expansion put working-age adults with no kids and no disabilities on Medicaid—a welfare program meant for children, impoverished families, the elderly, and the disabled.
If Kasich had opted out of Medicaid expansion, taxpayers would be stuck with the tab for fewer than 200,000 subsidized Obamacare insurance policies. Instead, Ohio’s total Obamacare enrollment is nearly 800,000."
http://www.forbes.com/sites/robertlaszewski2/2015/10/14/ohio-governor-john-kasichs-medicaid-expansion-successful-governance-is-very-hard-work/#751ce12738eb

Chris
03-21-2016, 09:40 AM
If the GOP takes it away from Trump then they have to give it to someone.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 09:42 AM

True.

and her name is hillary.

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 09:45 AM

I don't see the gop allowing Trump to be the candidate. If (by some fluke) he ever became president, he would face more opposition than Obama.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 09:51 AM
I don't see the gop allowing Trump to be the candidate. If (by some fluke) he ever became president, he would face more opposition than Obama.

You mean the few thousand gop establishment elites in government and the media.

the elites hold high positions in the party but voters are part of the party too and they will have selected trump or cruz not kasich.

Chris
03-21-2016, 09:56 AM

Is the GOP about principle or party? Do they want to advance the conservative movement or do they see it as all about winning, at any cost? We'll see.

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 09:59 AM
Is the GOP about principle or party? Do they want to advance the conservative movement or do they see it as all about winning, at any cost? We'll see.

Both major parties are about gaining & keeping power....Oz behind the curtain.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 10:00 AM

What do you care?

you're not voting for anyone, remember?

The Xl
03-21-2016, 10:01 AM
If they screw Trump for Kasich, the republican party as we know it will end.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 10:05 AM

America as we know it will end because hillary will become president.

she will finish the job of destroying America that obumer started.

Chris
03-21-2016, 10:08 AM
What do you care?

you're not voting for anyone, remember?

I have to deal with the results.

Chris
03-21-2016, 10:08 AM

If they accept Trump, the republican party as we know it will end.

Catch 22?

The Xl
03-21-2016, 10:11 AM

Catch 22?

Seems that way. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Chris
03-21-2016, 10:22 AM
Seems that way. And that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Agree. And if the GOP collapses, so too will, I think, the DNC. The door will open to third parties.

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 10:29 AM
Agree. And if the GOP collapses, so too will, I think, the DNC. The door will open to third parties.

I hope this election will help the establishment of other viable political parties. Clinton is providing the same discontent in the DNC that Trump has illustrated for the GOP.

Ethereal
03-21-2016, 10:30 AM
Kasich is a crazed war-monger, so I hope he does not win.

PolWatch
03-21-2016, 10:31 AM

Unfortunately, that description could apply to all the candidates for both major parties.....except Trump and he is just crazed.

del
03-21-2016, 10:51 AM
Unfortunately, that description could apply to all the candidates for both major parties.....except Trump and he is just crazed.

bernie is still a candidate

The Xl
03-21-2016, 10:53 AM
The stuff Kasich says towards Russia is insane

pragmatic
03-21-2016, 11:55 AM

It's really that simple.

And Kasich would be a very viable nominee.

pragmatic
03-21-2016, 11:58 AM

Uhhh, no. Actually he isn't.

pragmatic
03-21-2016, 12:09 PM

Catch 22?

Yeah, sort of a catch 22. More accurately a perfect storm for Trump.

Trump is obviously a polarizing figure. Love him or hate him. About 30-35% love him and many/most of the rest would stay home or switch parties before they would vote for the hustler.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the GOP convention. But there are still several months between now and then for Trump to (potentially) shoot himself in the foot. Or a number of other variables that could surface.

pjohns
03-21-2016, 12:36 PM
Is the GOP about principle or party? Do they want to advance the conservative movement or do they see it as all about winning, at any cost?

I simply do not see Donald Trump as a conservative.

I am a small-government conservative.

Donald Trump, by contrast, seems to believe in "getting things done" by any means necessary--including an expanded federal government, if that would facilitate "getting things done."

I simply do not believe in an expansive role for the federal government under any conceivable circumstances...

Ethereal
03-21-2016, 12:38 PM
The stuff Kasich says towards Russia is insane

Syria as well.

Ethereal
03-21-2016, 12:38 PM

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, yea. Actually, he is.

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 12:42 PM
It's really that simple.

A guy that 5% of republican voters selected is the best person to represent them?

That is very twisted logic

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 12:45 PM

Trump is obviously a polarizing figure. Love him or hate him. About 30-35% love him and many/most of the rest would stay home or switch parties before they would vote for the hustler.

Will be interesting to see what happens at the GOP convention. But there are still several months between now and then for Trump to (potentially) shoot himself in the foot. Or a number of other variables that could surface.

All you see is trump

but the real story is millions of ordinary people who prefer trump over kasich or romney or ryan.

The Xl
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM

What? He's arguably the craziest war mongerer running, and that's one hell of an accomplishment.

Chris
03-21-2016, 01:18 PM
All you see is trump

but the real story is millions of ordinary people who prefer trump over kasich or romney or ryan.

Millions against the system that's failing them. Millions for a guy who says he's like them, against the system. A guy who can't tell you how he's going to change a thing.

Quicksilver
03-21-2016, 01:20 PM
It's really that simple.

I agree... He is known as the Democrats favorite Republican. Which is why the party will NEVER give him the nod. They would rather stick with Cruz or Trump... both of whom Clinton will destroy.

Crepitus
03-21-2016, 01:28 PM

He's taken aim at both feet repeatedly but his followers don't seem to care.

suds00
03-21-2016, 01:37 PM
the republican party is in big trouble regardless.

Ethereal
03-21-2016, 01:54 PM
I agree... He is known as the Democrats favorite Republican.

Then Democrats must really love war mongers, because Kasich and Clinton are the two most crazed war mongers running for President.

Quicksilver
03-21-2016, 02:03 PM
Then Democrats must really love war mongers, because Kasich and Clinton are the two most crazed war mongers running for President.

Not arguing with you there... but if the Democrats retake the Senate, Kasich will be kept in check.. When I say the Democrat's favorite Republican.. I mean he is the one that would be the most palatable of the three to Democrats... IF we had to have a Republican president

Mac-7
03-21-2016, 02:39 PM
Not arguing with you there... but if the Democrats retake the Senate, Kasich will be kept in check.. When I say the Democrat's favorite Republican.. I mean he is the one that would be the most palatable of the three to Democrats... IF we had to have a Republican president

The reason liberals do not hate kasich as much as trump is because he has so few delegates and little chsnce to improve.

If kasich were the republican nomineee he woukd become Public Enemy No 1 overnight.

Subdermal
03-21-2016, 02:41 PM
Kasuck has no argument that doesn't also fit Cruz - and Cruz has far more voters in favor of him that does Suck.

Subdermal
03-21-2016, 02:44 PM
I agree... He is known as the Democrats favorite Republican. Which is why the party will NEVER give him the nod. They would rather stick with Cruz or Trump... both of whom Clinton will destroy.

Wrong.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_cruz_vs_clinton-4034.html

pragmatic
03-21-2016, 04:53 PM
All you see is trump

Not disagreeing.

Trump does have millions of very avid/committed GOP followers. About 1/3 of the GOP base. But the problem is that the other 2/3's of that GOP base are just as avidly "anti-trump".

It is a very awkward thing for a major political party to have to deal with. Circus Maximus.

zelmo1234
03-21-2016, 05:43 PM

I think that you are correct, but if he enters the Convention with a large lead in votes and the GOP takes it away from him? I will pull the Democrat lever. And so will many others.

I am OK with a Hillary Presidency as long as it destroys the GOP, if they go against the will of the people

AZ Jim
03-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Kasich is a poor guy who doesn't face his unpopularity with realism. He has no chance.

pjohns
03-22-2016, 08:47 AM
I am OK with a Hillary Presidency as long as it destroys the GOP, if they go against the will of the peopleIt would appear that you wish to transmute the Republican Party from a conservative party into a populist party--even if that means four years (and perhaps eight years) of a Hillary Clinton presidency.

And I am not at all okay with either part of that equation...

Mac-7
03-22-2016, 08:50 AM
It would appear that you wish to transmute the Republican Party from a conservative party into a populist party--even if that means four years (and perhaps eight years) of a Hillary Clinton presidency. And I am not at all okay with either part of that equation...

Then you should vote for cruz.

And so should kasich.

but he wont because the republican establishment would rather have hillary than anyone who is not a member of their little elistist clique.

Tahuyaman
03-22-2016, 09:42 AM
the republican party is in big trouble regardless.

I'm not a fan of either party, but I believe this talk of the impending crumbling of the Republican party is way overblown. Much of it, if not all, is simply wishful thinking. It's fodder for partisans.

Both major parties are going to expand and contract continually based on the people who represent them and their ideas at any one moment in time. This expansion and contraction can happen quite quickly as it has many times in the past.

Tahuyaman
03-22-2016, 10:00 AM

The Democrats absolutely hate Kaisich's ideas as it pertains to issues surrounding the economy, taxation and national defense / security. There is no Republican who would be palatable to Democrats at all.

Kaisich or any Republican president could propose one of their own ideas and they would vote against it unanimously.

Safety
03-22-2016, 10:06 AM

I can only imagine if that happens the shift from "we elected the congress to block Obama", to "if you block Trump, you are anti-american" will be the new mantra....

Mac-7
03-22-2016, 10:10 AM
I can only imagine if that happens the shift from "we elected the congress to block Obama", to "if you block Trump, you are anti-american" will be the new mantra....

Both arguments rest on election victories and momentum.

elected members of congress care about preserving their job more than anything else.

pjohns
03-22-2016, 12:36 PM
Then you should vote for cruz.

If Ted Cruz gets the Republican nomination, I will certainly vote for him. (The Tennessee primary has already been held.)

Mac-7
03-22-2016, 12:38 PM
If Ted Cruz gets the Republican nomination, I will certainly vote for him. (The Tennessee primary has already been held.)

Thats good.

and if trump wins I will vote for him over hillary