PDA

View Full Version : President Obama Calls Out Ted Cruz for Muslim Surveillance Proposal

Cigar
03-23-2016, 01:28 PM
Source: ABC News

President Obama rebuked GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz's proposal to patrol U.S. Muslim neighborhoods as a part of a counter-terrorism strategy as "un-American" and "counterproductive."

"I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped, for America, the land of the free," President Obama said, invoking Cruz's Cuban heritage in criticizing Cruz's proposal today.

Speaking at a joint news conference with Argentine President Mauricio Macri, Obama said any approach that would “single out” or “target” Muslims for discrimination “is not only wrong and un-American, but it also would be counterproductive because it would reduce the strength, the antibodies that we have to reduce terrorism.”

“One of the great strengths of the U.S. and why we haven’t seen more attacks in the U.S. is we have an extraordinarily successful patriotic, integrated Muslim-American community. They do not feel isolated,” he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-calls-ted-cruz-muslim-surveillance-proposal/story?id=37756098

MisterVeritis
03-23-2016, 01:30 PM

President Obama rebuked GOP presidential candidate Ted Cruz's proposal to patrol U.S. Muslim neighborhoods as a part of a counter-terrorism strategy as "un-American" and "counterproductive."
From a liberal's perspective, we cannot use the police to prevent murders. That would be "counterproductive". Liberals prefer the mayhem and chaos.

It is time to boot as many of them as we can and surveil the rest.

Cigar
03-23-2016, 01:32 PM
From a liberal's perspective, we cannot use the police to prevent murders. That would be "counterproductive". Liberals prefer the mayhem and chaos.

Please post a link to back up that claim ...

Subdermal
03-23-2016, 01:41 PM
Weren't these same liberals decrying police for being too afraid to patrol the inner cities?

That they didn't have enough police presence in high crime areas?

Cigar
03-23-2016, 01:45 PM
Weren't these same liberals decrying police for being too afraid to patrol the inner cities?

No

Subdermal
03-23-2016, 01:48 PM
Yes (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/us/in-high-crime-areas-still-too-few-police.html?_r=0).

And that's just one example.

Polecat
03-23-2016, 01:51 PM
I think the KKK should monitor Muslim neighborhoods. They are democrats and would not do anything rash.

Subdermal
03-23-2016, 01:52 PM
And here's Obama with examples of his own (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/10/obama-police-militarization_n_3566478.html).

:biglaugh:

And here's your very own Rahm doing it. (http://www.progressillinois.com/news/content/2012/07/13/emanuel-wants-deploy-concentrated-police-forces-high-crime-areas)

Cigar
03-23-2016, 01:52 PM
Yes (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/21/us/in-high-crime-areas-still-too-few-police.html?_r=0).

And that's just one example.

He got Fired ... and not by Donald Trump

https://static01.nyt.com/images/2011/10/21/us/21CNCCRIME2/21CNCCRIME2-articleInline.jpg

MisterVeritis
03-23-2016, 02:02 PM
Please post a link to back up that claim ...
Do you always have this much difficulty recognizing a political opinion? That, is why you fail.

Tahuyaman
03-23-2016, 02:20 PM
Do you always have this much difficulty recognizing a political opinion? That, is why you fail.

Often liberals believe opinion is fact. They believe their opinions are facts and that the opinions of their opposition are lies.

Cigar
03-23-2016, 03:18 PM

Are you under some illusion that you're Winning something ... :laugh:

Dude, you're in an internet forum

Common Sense
03-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Often liberals believe opinion is fact. They believe their opinions are facts and that the opinions of their opposition are lies.

I bet you think your post is fact based.

donttread
03-23-2016, 05:12 PM

"I just left a country that engages in that kind of neighborhood surveillance, which, by the way, the father of Sen. Cruz escaped, for America, the land of the free," President Obama said, invoking Cruz's Cuban heritage in criticizing Cruz's proposal today.

Speaking at a joint news conference with Argentine President Mauricio Macri, Obama said any approach that would “single out” or “target” Muslims for discrimination “is not only wrong and un-American, but it also would be counterproductive because it would reduce the strength, the antibodies that we have to reduce terrorism.”

“One of the great strengths of the U.S. and why we haven’t seen more attacks in the U.S. is we have an extraordinarily successful patriotic, integrated Muslim-American community. They do not feel isolated,” he said.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-calls-ted-cruz-muslim-surveillance-proposal/story?id=37756098

Here's an idea , why not have everyone on camera 24/7. An idea first proposed by a guy named Orwell decades ago and the government has been striving to meet this goal ever since.

Quicksilver
03-23-2016, 05:30 PM
Here's an idea , why not have everyone on camera 24/7. An idea first proposed by a guy named Orwell decades ago and the government has been striving to meet this goal ever since.

They already want cameras in every womans uterus in and in every bedroom... so what's the big deal.. just a few more hundred million cameras give or take... And remember.... SMALL Government... hahahahahahaha

Tahuyaman
03-23-2016, 05:58 PM
I bet you think your post is fact based.. The one you just quoted is

MisterVeritis
03-23-2016, 06:00 PM
Are you under some illusion that you're Winning something ... :laugh:

Dude, you're in an internet forum
I very nearly always win. :laugh:

Dude.

Peter1469
03-23-2016, 06:01 PM
They already want cameras in every womans uterus in and in every bedroom... so what's the big deal.. just a few more hundred million cameras give or take... And remember.... SMALL Government... hahahahahahaha

The religious right are big government Statists like you and your ilk on the left. You can have them. We don't want them.

del
03-23-2016, 06:09 PM

no

Mac-7
03-23-2016, 06:56 PM

Liberals or muslims?

birddog
03-23-2016, 09:10 PM
The religious right are big government Statists like you and your ilk on the left. You can have them. We don't want them.

I'm part of the religious right, and what you say isn't always true.

Peter1469
03-23-2016, 09:11 PM
I'm part of the religious right, and what you say isn't always true.

Apologies. I speak only of the ones who are big government Statists

MisterVeritis
03-23-2016, 10:22 PM
Liberals or muslims?
Muslims. But I am flexible. :laugh: