PDA

View Full Version : Either cut off Trump's phone privileges; or allow more to do so

Cigar
03-24-2016, 02:03 PM
Media Matters reports that both CBS and NBC have begun stopping Donald Trump from calling into some of their news programs. Media Matters says Chuck Todd of “Meet the Press” announced he wouldn’t be allowed to call them. And they say CBS has cut off his phone access to their morning show.

From Media Matters:

Since Trump launched his campaign, he has bullied news outlets into giving him special privileges in return for continued access. Last week, we documented just how big the problem the was: Trump has done 29 phone interviews (http://action.mediamatters.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmm4a.org%2F1pQ3gzm&e=1261ff38d8ed4827112566ff62393582a62e7c36&utm_source=mediamatters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trumpmtp3&n=4) with the Sunday shows; the other four remaining presidential candidates have done none at all. The phone privilege can give Trump the upper hand in his interviews, and it allows him to appear on more shows than he could if he had to visit the networks in person. That's why we launched our campaign (http://action.mediamatters.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmm4a.org%2Ftrumpphone&e=1261ff38d8ed4827112566ff62393582a62e7c36&utm_source=mediamatters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trumpmtp3&n=5) to tell networks to cut off Trump's special phone access -- and now we know that the networks are listening.

Media Matters has a petition to get the networks to stop allowing Trump to just call in. The petition reads, in part:

Through the course of this election, time and time again your network allows Donald Trump call in to shows. We fully recognize that sometimes phone interviews are necessary. But Trump’s reliance on phone interviews is completely unprecedented and far exceeds what any other candidate has been allowed to do. By letting Trump phone it in, you’re just enabling media manipulation and reinforcing the idea that the more he takes, the more you'll give in. It's time for that to end.

Tell Donald Trump that going forward, he will be treated like every other candidate and will no longer be given the extraordinary advantage of calling in to your news programs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/21/1504539/-CBS-NBC-cut-off-Trump-s-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so?detail=email&&can_id=5881edd36bf2690d1c7ff7ed0407b8fe&source=email-cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so-2&email_referrer=cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so-2&email_subject=cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so&link_id=1

Chris
03-24-2016, 02:17 PM
Not only that but his mommy and daddy should ground him and wash his mouth with soap. :slap2:

Common Sense
03-24-2016, 02:27 PM
Trump has been given millions in free advertising from the idiots in media.

Peter1469
03-24-2016, 02:33 PM
fear

Cigar
03-24-2016, 02:33 PM
Trump has been given millions in free advertising from the idiots in media.

Can you imagine the chatter if Hillary or "The Dark One" got that type of Free Stuff :grin:

Cigar
03-24-2016, 02:35 PM
fear

I'm afraid I'm going to pull a stomach muscle laughing ... :laugh:

Peter1469
03-24-2016, 02:36 PM
The attack machine against Trump will increase.

Prediction.

Cigar
03-24-2016, 02:39 PM
The attack machine against Trump will increase.

Prediction.

Well he'll just have to just Man-Up and Suck It Up, :laugh:

The Woman in the Democrat side has been attacked for 25 years ... and not even a scratch. :grin:

Standing Wolf
03-24-2016, 02:43 PM
Not only that but his mommy and daddy should ground him and wash his mouth with soap.

Had I sired or given birth to the Donald, I would now be living in a foreign country, heavily disguised or in seclusion, and using a fake name. And going to confession every day.

Peter1469
03-24-2016, 02:44 PM
Why?

Chris
03-24-2016, 02:45 PM
Had I sired or given birth to the Donald, I would now be living in a foreign country, heavily disguised or in seclusion, and using a fake name. And going to confession every day.

Funny, wouldn't blame you.

Standing Wolf
03-24-2016, 02:50 PM
Why?

Are you serious?

Crepitus
03-24-2016, 02:53 PM
fear
Disgust.

MisterVeritis
03-24-2016, 02:55 PM
had i sired or given birth to the donald, i would now be living in a foreign country, heavily disguised or in seclusion, and using a fake name. And going to confession every day.
lol.

Safety
03-24-2016, 02:58 PM

Almost makes one go from being pro-life to pro-choice....

Cigar
03-24-2016, 02:59 PM

But there's nothing like a Mothers Love for her Child :grin:

Mac-7
03-24-2016, 03:05 PM
Funny, wouldn't blame you.

The liberal jealously over trump is obvious from the comments posted here.

I'm not surprised that the liberal news media is cutting trumps free airtime.

I just wonder why it took them so long.

but is it too late?

we'll see

Cigar
03-24-2016, 03:11 PM

but is it too late?

we'll see

Sorry, but it's not just liberals who see the obvious ... :laugh:

Actually, most Liberals could care less how much rope the media gives Trump :grin:

Common Sense
03-24-2016, 03:14 PM
Some people confuse fear and jealousy with rightful concern and disdain.

Mac-7
03-24-2016, 03:16 PM
Sorry, but it's not just liberals who see the obvious ... :laugh:

You mean the professional inside washington establishment repubs.

they see a political hick who is not wearing their old school tie.

In spite of all his money trump is an outsider in washington.

Mac-7
03-24-2016, 03:17 PM
Some people confuse fear and jealousy with rightful concern and disdain.

If trump disappeared tomorrow you and the other libs would just aim all your fire at cruz instead

Common Sense
03-24-2016, 03:28 PM
If trump disappeared tomorrow you and the other libs would just aim all your fire at cruz instead

Maybe. But you have to admit, Trump is far more of a side show than Cruz. That's why he gets the attention.

Mac-7
03-24-2016, 03:44 PM
Maybe. But you have to admit, Trump is far more of a side show than Cruz. That's why he gets the attention.

Whats wrong with that?

I prefer cruz on the issues but I dont doubt that trump would represent a heart attack for those foul low life clowns in washington

Standing Wolf
03-24-2016, 04:21 PM

but is it too late?

we'll see

The operative word there is "free". He was getting something the other candidates had not even asked for, and now he isn't.

To explain it in terms you might understand better - this guy was getting free stuff, stuff he didn't have to work for, and now he's been cut off and people are upset about it.

Typical White billionaire behavior.

:angry20:

Standing Wolf
03-24-2016, 04:22 PM

Yes. Your point?

MisterVeritis
03-24-2016, 04:29 PM
The operative word there is "free". He was getting something the other candidates had not even asked for, and now he isn't.

To explain it in terms you might understand better - this guy was getting free stuff, stuff he didn't have to work for, and now he's been cut off and people are upset about it.

LOL. Trump makes news. News shows like ratings. People listen/watch when Trump is on.

When Hillary is indicted I am sure she will get some "free" air time.

waltky
03-24-2016, 04:38 PM
Granny says if the Trump crowd starts to stampede...

... cut off dey's stampeders.

PolWatch
03-24-2016, 04:41 PM
What about the Trumpetaires?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3_Al31AuFs

Private Pickle
03-24-2016, 04:57 PM
NEWS outlets...the new MTV...

Mac-7
03-24-2016, 07:02 PM

Did I sound upset to you?

Trump is beating liberals at their own game and the pro hillary crowd is trying to fight back.

My guess is that trump is too interesting to ignore and the lib news media can no more ration trump than opec can control the price of oil.

suds00
03-25-2016, 10:16 AM
why? because it's the right thing to do

michiganFats
03-25-2016, 10:18 AM
Media Matters reports that both CBS and NBC have begun stopping Donald Trump from calling into some of their news programs. Media Matters says Chuck Todd of “Meet the Press” announced he wouldn’t be allowed to call them. And they say CBS has cut off his phone access to their morning show.

From Media Matters:

Since Trump launched his campaign, he has bullied news outlets into giving him special privileges in return for continued access. Last week, we documented just how big the problem the was: Trump has done 29 phone interviews (http://action.mediamatters.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmm4a.org%2F1pQ3gzm&e=1261ff38d8ed4827112566ff62393582a62e7c36&utm_source=mediamatters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trumpmtp3&n=4) with the Sunday shows; the other four remaining presidential candidates have done none at all. The phone privilege can give Trump the upper hand in his interviews, and it allows him to appear on more shows than he could if he had to visit the networks in person. That's why we launched our campaign (http://action.mediamatters.org/r?u=http%3A%2F%2Fmm4a.org%2Ftrumpphone&e=1261ff38d8ed4827112566ff62393582a62e7c36&utm_source=mediamatters&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=trumpmtp3&n=5) to tell networks to cut off Trump's special phone access -- and now we know that the networks are listening.

Media Matters has a petition to get the networks to stop allowing Trump to just call in. The petition reads, in part:

Through the course of this election, time and time again your network allows Donald Trump call in to shows. We fully recognize that sometimes phone interviews are necessary. But Trump’s reliance on phone interviews is completely unprecedented and far exceeds what any other candidate has been allowed to do. By letting Trump phone it in, you’re just enabling media manipulation and reinforcing the idea that the more he takes, the more you'll give in. It's time for that to end.

Tell Donald Trump that going forward, he will be treated like every other candidate and will no longer be given the extraordinary advantage of calling in to your news programs.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/03/21/1504539/-CBS-NBC-cut-off-Trump-s-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so?detail=email&&can_id=5881edd36bf2690d1c7ff7ed0407b8fe&source=email-cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so-2&email_referrer=cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so-2&email_subject=cbs-nbc-cut-off-trumps-phone-privileges-make-more-do-so&link_id=1

Why would you want to cut off Trump's phone privileges? He's comedy gold!

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 11:39 AM

Because trump says things that resonate strongly with many voters.

which makes him a threat to both liberals and establishment republicans

michiganFats
03-25-2016, 02:08 PM
Because trump says things that resonate strongly with many voters.

which makes him a threat to both liberals and establishment republicans

Yep.

PolWatch
03-25-2016, 02:35 PM
Yep.

Every time he accesses his Twitter account SNL gets material for the next 4 shows.

Ransom
03-25-2016, 03:39 PM
Every time he accesses his Twitter account SNL gets material for the next 4 shows.

Meanwhile....look what's actually going on....right now. Economy flat. 19 trillion national debt. ISIS. The Tango. Americans being killed by terrorists. Our inner cities on fire right along with the rest of the entire world. And SNL waits for Donald Trump to speak......forget what he does.....he's not responsible for one ounce of this foreign policy nightmare, domestic strife, our police under assault, our education system in the f'n toilet, societal ills out the wazoo........he's responsible for none of it......and yet the next month of shows for SNL are about...not reality....but what Donald Trump 'says.'

Victimizing you is he, PolWatch?

Ransom
03-25-2016, 03:41 PM

You'd think you extremists wouldn't have to send your henchmen in to disrupt his comedy shows then.

Oops.