PDA

View Full Version : The Election - What is YOUR prediction??

BooHoo
09-17-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't know what to think....some days I feel Romney has a great shot at winning but people I talk to seem afraid to do the smart thing and vote for him. I live in a very blue state.

People always say Romney is for the rich and doesn't look out for middle class.....like Obama is LOL!!

What is your personal objective prediction of this election? My dem. friend don't feel Mitt will win....

sparty
09-17-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm conservative, but find this to be credible, Obama will get the welfare/obamacare vote.

Mitt Romney Video: Barack Obama Voters 'Dependent On Government'
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/17/mitt-romney-video_n_1829455.html

bladimz
09-17-2012, 03:44 PM
I don't know what to think....some days I feel Romney has a great shot at winning but people I talk to seem afraid to do the smart thing and vote for him. I live in a very blue state.

People always say Romney is for the rich and doesn't look out for middle class.....like Obama is LOL!!

What is your personal objective prediction of this election? My dem. friend don't feel Mitt will win....No one is working for the middle class. Actually, maybe we should define exactly what the middle class is. It seems to be slowly fading away...

Anyway, normally i'd expect the GOP to win this one, given the standard "bad economy/incumbent" rule, but i think that Romney has not sold himself well, and honestly is too wealthy for most people to believe that he really is in touch with Joe SixPack

Mainecoons
09-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Actually a very good post but I hardly see how Obama is much of a difference as regards your last sentence.

The decline of the middle class has accelerated under Obama not entirely because of him but his misbegotten economic policies, endless class warfare rhetoric and general climate of uncertainty have certainly added to the problem.

bladimz
09-17-2012, 04:07 PM
We have our own takes on why it's happening, but the middle class is definitely disappearing. No one can convince me otherwise.

Trinnity
09-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Romney with by 5.

Chris
09-17-2012, 04:10 PM
Obama will win the White House, Republicans hold the House and win the Senate...a government divided will, I think, do less which is good for us.

IGetItAlready
09-17-2012, 04:16 PM
It's a tough call based on the current polling data, though it should be a no brainer.

As I've said before, I truly feel the Bradley Effect is playing a significant role in the tight polls and will reveal itself on the 6th.
In addition, I believe that many of those responsible for electing "America's first black president" will be doing what they've done in all prior presidential elections...they'll be sitting at home.

If either of these assumptions are correct Romney should win by 7 to 8. If I'm right on both counts it's going to be another "shellacking".

Mainecoons
09-17-2012, 04:23 PM
We have our own takes on why it's happening, but the middle class is definitely disappearing. No one can convince me otherwise.

Agree. The numbers show it and they show that it is accelerating under Mr. Obama as has been documented on recent threads on this board.

Recently, KFC, which is an organization which has quite a number of franchisees, many of who would definitely qualify as small business, studied what ObamaCare would do to them and concluded that it would cut profits in half.

Do you think that this will help the middle class? Do you think this will help job creation or cause more unemployment?

More recently, the Fed, obviously trying to keep Obama in office since Romney has made it quite plain he's going to clean house if elected, has started printing money again and giving it to the same banksters that stole us blind the last time. These are the same banksters that the Obama administration has somehow managed not to prosecute for their obvious financial crimes that are very much a reason for this mess.

Now one of the side effects of these policies is to make it impossible for smaller savers, mostly the middle class, to make even a pittance of interest on their savings, let alone keep up with the inflation that said policies, by reducing the value of the dollar, are causing. For example, gasoline is now twice as expensive on average as it was when Mr. Obama took office.

Making it impossible for small savers to earn any interest is particularly harmful for retired people who must rely on those savings to live out their lives. Do you think this is good for the middle class retired folks? Do you think that creating conditions that cause more and more doctors to refuse Medicare/Medicaid patients supports anyone but the wealthy who don't need these programs?

It seems that the main effect of these policies is to artificially inflate the stock market, the wealth of which is mainly in the hands of the wealthy. As a result, their wealth has rebounded and the gap between them and anyone else has widened substantially under Mr. Obama.

Does it possibly penetrate your thinking that maybe these policies are making class war on the middle class? Does it possibly occur to you that the recent data showing that incomes are back to 1995 levels have anythiing to do with policies that drive inflation, stiff small savers, and put new regulatory and tax budens on job creators might be harming the middle class?

Calypso Jones
09-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Using BidenMath i got 3 words for ya. TED CRUZ

and you can take that to the bank in all 57 states.

Calypso Jones
09-17-2012, 04:26 PM

like third world countries....very rich/very poor, that's it.

Cedric
09-17-2012, 04:28 PM
This time last year, and based on Barack Obama's steadily declining poll numbers, I predicted elsewhere that the presidential contest would be a fifty-fifty fight until election day if the GOP fielded a competent candidate. Mitt Romney is just competent enough to convince me to stand by that prediction.

Now were the media not again trying to campaign Obama into office I would definitely give Romney the practical edge in winning. But since it is Romney's competence and vastly greater surplus of campaign funds on one side and Obama's incompetence and adoring media on the other side, I still declare this contest to be a fifty-fifty split 'til election day baring one heck of a huge October surprise.

It just may end up being decided by the electoral college.

Carygrant
09-18-2012, 02:45 AM
I predict years of soul searching by the Republicans as they try to figure out how they lost again , this time to a beleaguered President Obama .
Can the Rep party ever catch up the developed world in terms of its strategy and key platforms ?

IGetItAlready
09-18-2012, 02:47 AM
I predict years of soul searching by the Republicans as they try to figure out how they lost again to a beleaguered President Obama .
Can the Rep party ever catch up the developed world in terms of its strategy and key platforms ?

I predict Cary can't make a single post without shitting on someone. Most often America and always conservatism.
How's that whole Lisbon Treaty thing working out for you angry guy?
Clearly not so well. :D

Carygrant
09-18-2012, 03:42 AM
I predict Cary can't make a single post without shitting on someone. Most often America and always conservatism.
How's that whole Lisbon Treaty thing working out for you angry guy?
Clearly not so well. :D

No , I am not Portuguese .
You just hate it when the absurdities of being American and with a lost identity , are held up for public inspection .
You should see and hear me if and when I do get angry . It would be a case of Run for your life .
But solid observation and pertinent criticism don't require anger for meaning and accuracy . But those in denial find it much more comforting to imagine otherwise .