PDA

View Full Version : Update from the Garden of Delicate Flowers

Standing Wolf
03-25-2016, 11:38 AM
Some Emory University students "in pain" after "Trump 2016" chalked on campus

The specter of a Donald Trump presidency is so disturbing to some college students that they're protesting pro-Trump chalk writings on their campus, according to a report by Emory University's campus newspaper.

The words "Trump 2016" appeared earlier this week scrawled in chalk around the college campus, the Emory Wheel reported Monday. In response, a few dozen students gathered at the school's administration building later that day, holding signs that read "Stop Trump" and "Stop Hate." According to the paper, the activists shouted, "You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!"

When protesters moved to demonstrate inside the administration hall, school officials issued a swift answer. College president Jim Wagner met with the students, who expressed anxiety that the writings were threats to their safety rather than political speech, considering Georgia's Republican primary was held earlier this month.

"The students shared with me their concern that these messages were meant to intimidate rather than merely to advocate for a particular candidate, having appeared outside of the context of a Georgia election or campus campaign activity," Wagner wrote in a university-wide email Tuesday. "During our conversation, they voiced their genuine concern and pain in the face of this perceived intimidation."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/emory-university-students-in-pain-after-trump-2016-chalk-writings/

Cigar
03-25-2016, 11:40 AM
The closest this guy will ever get to the Oval Office is the White House Gate. :laugh: Maybe :tongue:

Standing Wolf
03-25-2016, 11:42 AM
The closest this guy will ever get to the Oval Office is the White House Gate. :laugh: Maybe :tongue:

Well, of course. Still..."Pain"? "Intimidation"?

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 11:54 AM

Are these liberal students entitled to free shrinks under obamacare?

They could use a little help.

Cigar
03-25-2016, 11:57 AM
Are these liberal students entitled to free shrinks under obamacare?

They could use a little help.

Maybe they could ask a recovering Conservative ... recovering from a Back-2-Black Ass-Kicking :laugh:

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 12:03 PM
Maybe they could ask a recovering Conservative ... recovering from a Back-2-Black Ass-Kicking :laugh:

Liberal students are too timid to speak to un liberals.

That's why seeing Trump's name written on a wall unnerved them so much

Tahuyaman
03-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Some Emory University students "in pain" after "Trump 2016" chalked on campus

The specter of a Donald Trump presidency is so disturbing to some college students that they're protesting pro-Trump chalk writings on their campus, according to a report by Emory University's campus newspaper.

The words "Trump 2016" appeared earlier this week scrawled in chalk around the college campus, the Emory Wheel reported Monday. In response, a few dozen students gathered at the school's administration building later that day, holding signs that read "Stop Trump" and "Stop Hate." According to the paper, the activists shouted, "You are not listening! Come speak to us, we are in pain!"

When protesters moved to demonstrate inside the administration hall, school officials issued a swift answer. College president Jim Wagner met with the students, who expressed anxiety that the writings were threats to their safety rather than political speech, considering Georgia's Republican primary was held earlier this month.

"The students shared with me their concern that these messages were meant to intimidate rather than merely to advocate for a particular candidate, having appeared outside of the context of a Georgia election or campus campaign activity," Wagner wrote in a university-wide email Tuesday. "During our conversation, they voiced their genuine concern and pain in the face of this perceived intimidation."

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/emory-university-students-in-pain-after-trump-2016-chalk-writings/

Our young developing minds always instill confidence in everyone that our future is in good hands.

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 12:14 PM
Our young developing minds always instill confidence in everyone that our future is in good hands.

Its going to be a far different generation than the one that survived the Great Depression, won WWII and the Cold War while creating the greatest economy the world has ever known.

I doubt if these snivvling little 20-somethings will ever measure up to them.

But then again neither did the baby boomer hippy generation that spawned these young people at Emory.

Mister D
03-25-2016, 12:15 PM
Liberal students are too timid to speak to un liberals.

That's why seeing Trump's written on a wall unnerved them so much

Progressive students think that everyone who does not see things the way they do is either a gapped tooth hillbilly or a monster. Now where could they have gotten that idea?

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Progressive students think that everyone who does not see things they way do is either a gapped tooth hillbilly or a monster. Now where could they have gotten that idea?

They only know what their liberal professors and the perverts on MTV tell them

Cigar
03-25-2016, 12:22 PM
Progressive students think that everyone who does not see things they way do is either a gapped tooth hillbilly or a monster. Now where could they have gotten that idea?

Good, then they're ready to enter congress :laugh: and join the other My-Way or No-Way Crowd :wink:

Mister D
03-25-2016, 12:23 PM
They only know what their liberal professors and the perverts on MTV tell them

And what the generation complaining about them now told them.

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 12:27 PM
And what the generation complaining about them now told them.

Most of the generation complaining about them are not and never have reached them to tell them anything

Thats why the kids are so screwed up

Tahuyaman
03-25-2016, 12:38 PM
Good, then they're ready to enter congress :laugh: and join the other My-Way or No-Way Crowd :wink:

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/article/20130217/NEWS/130219806

AT LARGE: Obama tells GOP ‘my way or the highway’

Crepitus
03-25-2016, 12:47 PM
Well, of course. Still..."Pain"? "Intimidation"?
Yea, kinda silly.

Peter1469
03-25-2016, 02:34 PM
The Establishment is in full fear mode. :smiley:

FindersKeepers
03-25-2016, 02:38 PM
I just have to wonder what's to become of this generation of whiners.

Scary.

AZ Jim
03-25-2016, 02:47 PM
I understand their "pain" at seeing that profanity on the sidewalks. Makes a good target tho for "pee shooting".

jimmyz
03-25-2016, 04:06 PM
I understand their "pain" at seeing that profanity on the sidewalks. Makes a good target tho for "pee shooting".

Someone the likes of you would urinate in public.

Mister D
03-25-2016, 04:16 PM

Scary.

They'll be a lot like their parents.

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 04:35 PM
They'll be a lot like their parents.

Worse.

their parents had a few good examples but failed to follow them

these children have never seen morality in their whole lives

Mister D
03-25-2016, 04:43 PM
Worse.

their parents had a few good examples but failed to follow them

these children have never seen morality in their whole lives

True. It's a matter of degree. I would suggest, however, that it's not a lack of good examples but a lack of any meaningful standard. For God's sake, we have people here telling us that the "transgendered" are perfectly normal. One lifestyle is as good as another.

Mac-7
03-25-2016, 04:47 PM
True. It's a matter of degree. I would suggest, however, that it's not a lack of good examples but a lack of any meaningful standard. For God's sake, we have people here telling us that the "transgendered" are perfectly normal. One lifestyle is as good as another.

children grow up hearing only that and that is all they know.

Meanwhile the incidents of random mass murder increases every year

OGIS
03-25-2016, 05:39 PM

Which ones? The Special Delicate Snowflake liberal students, or the "Obummer Took Owr Jerbs" conservative whiners?

FindersKeepers
03-25-2016, 06:09 PM
Which ones? The Special Delicate Snowflake liberal students, or the "Obummer Took Owr Jerbs" conservative whiners?

The whole lot of 'em.