PDA

View Full Version : Leftie: "Is Trump's popularity a result of the Left's alienation of Conservatives?"

Kurmugeon
03-26-2016, 03:09 PM
Here is an Article that shows that the Lefties are starting to do a bit of soul searching about the Trump Phenomenon.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.935496-Is-Trumps-popularity-a-result-of-the-Lefts-alienation-of-Conservatives

NOTE: This isn't meant to be inflammatory, just a discussion. I'm not jumping to conclusions, merely asking a question.
So, quick witted rebuttals aren't necessary - let's just talk. Cool? Cool. Thanks.

Is Trump's popularity a result of the Left's alienation of Conservatives?

I would seem that during the W. Bush administration, it became increasingly clear that Conservatives hold an "old world" view of things that is rapidly becoming obsolete, or has been obsolete for some time already.

From the Left's point of view, it was time to throw it, and anyone who carried that view, out. Overrule, overwrite, overtake. Justified or not, taken to the extreme or not, it was an uprising within American society where the Left-minded decided they were tired of living in a country mostly influenced by Right-influenced ideals and standards.

In the media, Conservatives and Republicans were perpetually portrayed as racist bigots. Movies like Borat set out to prove that Republican America was intolerant and xenophobic (although the movie actually showed quite the opposite for the majority of its run time). Comedians, late night talk shows, movies, music - nearly all of it set up this stereotype of rural republicans as backwater-uneducated hicks. Christians are squares, Catholics are child molesters. Hunters murder sweet, innocent animals out of blood lust, Farmers fuck their own livestock before mercilessly slaughtering them in the least compassionate ways.

It was an agenda, of course, to undermine the public's understanding and perception of the American Right.

And it worked. It was a hostile takeover.

From the Left's perspective, it was a necessary tactic to take control of the country again and release us all from the chains of social inequality.

From the Right's perspective, their very way of life was being brought to an end by a group of people who have fallen prey to stereotypes and propaganda.

While you can find representatives of those stereotypes, they don't represent the majority.

So then, anyone finding themselves aligned with basic Conservative or Republican principles now finds themselves ostracized and alienated.

From the right's perspective, it's no longer OK to have an opinion that criticizes someone's lifestyle - unless you're a Leftist criticizing the Right. It's no longer OK to be religious, unless it's a religion other than Christianity or Catholicism. Nearly every facet of your way of life is being regulated out of existence, sometimes for arbitrary reasons, sometimes not.

That's scary to those people. Understandably so. That's an infringement on your right to...

So, he admits it was a "Hostile Take Over", but feel that even though it hurt many Middle Class Americans, the Wondrous ends justify the means.

He also admits the Take Over was based on Propaganda and falsehoods perpetrated by the MSM.

He also admits that the Leftie agenda is not supported by a Majority of Americans.

He proposes that the Trump Popularity Phenomenon is largely due to backlash against these facts.

He states that the Lefties must create ways of preventing the backlash from ever being acted upon and resulting in an American populist Trumpesque President in the future.

Maybe most telling, he states that it is likely that the Lefties will now need to endure 8 years of Trump.

Do you agree with any of his points?

-

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 03:14 PM
LOL. Trying to shift the blame there a bit? Share the pain?

Trump is a result of 7 years of hate and fear mongering by right-wing leaders and pundits (redundant I know), nothing more.

Chris
03-26-2016, 05:41 PM
I don't see it as shifting blame but recognizing how the left being negative toward Trump makes his supporters on the right dig their heels in and even attract more supporters.

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 06:17 PM

Trump is a result of 7 years of hate and fear mongering by right-wing leaders and pundits (redundant I know), nothing more.
The coolest part about being so wrong is that you will not have the ability to counter what Trump is doing.

The elites begged us to give them majorities in both houses of Congress. We did. They capitulated. They sold out the nation. The Republican Establishment offered nothing but milquetoast candidates, Dole, McCain, Romney, to offer more of the same. Trump offers a wholly legitimate alternative to all of the establishment candidates.

What does he offer? A southern wall to prevent white Americans from being supplanted by illegal aliens the Democrats need for their permanent takeover of the nation. Removal of the illegal aliens who have been here living at our expense. Removal of the Muslim so-called refugees. And stopping all Muslim immigration until we can determine which ones are here to conquer us.

Of course there is more but these are sufficient.

Captain Obvious
03-26-2016, 06:39 PM
"Anti-establishment" is a passing fad among the conservative voting sheep.

Just like the tea bagger crowd.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 06:42 PM
The coolest part about being so wrong is that you will not have the ability to counter what Trump is doing.

The elites begged us to give them majorities in both houses of Congress. We did. They capitulated. They sold out the nation. The Republican Establishment offered nothing but milquetoast candidates, Dole, McCain, Romney, to offer more of the same. Trump offers a wholly legitimate alternative to all of the establishment candidates.

What does he offer? A southern wall to prevent white Americans from being supplanted by illegal aliens the Democrats need for their permanent takeover of the nation. Removal of the illegal aliens who have been here living at our expense. Removal of the Muslim so-called refugees. And stopping all Muslim immigration until we can determine which ones are here to conquer us.

The thing here is that I'm not wrong and you know it.

Chris
03-26-2016, 06:55 PM

Or OWS. The establishment--the ruling class--is too powerful to work within to change it.

Captain Obvious
03-26-2016, 07:02 PM
Or OWS. The establishment--the ruling class--is too powerful to work within to change it.

I don't disagree.

They see emerging "new conservatism" albeit a fad, a threat.

zelmo1234
03-26-2016, 08:00 PM

Wrong!

zelmo1234
03-26-2016, 08:04 PM

Actually It appears to be an extension of the TEA party. We have the traditional TEA party folks voting for the Anti Establishment Cruz, and the majority of the rest of the GOP voting for the Trumpster!

I think this marks the end of the GOP establishment. They will likely take the nomination form Trump and Cruz, and if they do, hopefully loose the house and Senate as well. Sending them to the depths of Hell, where they belong.

Now if you want to see Sheep? I give you the Hillary Clinton Crowd.

Captain Obvious
03-26-2016, 08:09 PM
Actually It appears to be an extension of the TEA party. We have the traditional TEA party folks voting for the Anti Establishment Cruz, and the majority of the rest of the GOP voting for the Trumpster!

I think this marks the end of the GOP establishment. They will likely take the nomination form Trump and Cruz, and if they do, hopefully loose the house and Senate as well. Sending them to the depths of Hell, where they belong.

I don't disagree with you on the Hillary comment.

Conservatives are very confused right now, that I'm fairly sure of. Much of it is ignorance, part of it is the GOP's instance on maintaining the establishment.

zelmo1234
03-26-2016, 08:10 PM

Actually, you are so far of, you can't even find your way home. It has nothing to do with the GOP opposing Obama, but everything to do with them lying to their voters and NOT opposing President Obama's policies.

Now the Democrats that are supporting Trump, they might be sick of being lied to as well?

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 08:15 PM
You just keep believing that. It will make your eventual defeat much sweeter.

Kurmugeon
03-26-2016, 08:17 PM

I think the TEA Patriot Faction of the Republican Party is stronger now than it has ever been.

I think that Trump may turn out as a President who governs largely as a TEA Patriot. Or he will turn out to be a Jimmy Carter type of Wishy-Washy Ross Perot Liberal. Time will tell....

I KNOW that a President Cruz would be TEA Patriot President. My uncertainty WRT Cruz is how far he would go to bringing his Pentecostal faith into the Oval Office. Depending on how faith based decisions&communications are done, it could be good or bad...

The only Republican Candidate still in the race who is not Likely to be a TEA Patriot, is Kasich, which is why he is the establishment darling... and showing really poor support numbers.

The Majority of the Republican Party, and a large portion of Independents, Libertarians, and even some of the Democratic Party cross-overs are inline with TEA Ideals of smaller, limited, lower cost government.

And the TEA Party is now a Ghost Party, very hard to directly assault, because they have no centralized structure.

-

Captain Obvious
03-26-2016, 08:19 PM
I think the TEA Patriot Faction of the Republican Party is stronger now than it has ever been.

I think that Trump may turn out as a President who governs largely as a TEA Patriot. Or he will turn out to be a Jimmy Carter type of Wishy-Washy Ross Perot Liberal. Time will tell....

I KNOW that a President Cruz would be TEA Patriot President. My uncertainty WRT Cruz is how far he would go to bringing his Pentecostal faith into the Oval Office. Depending on how faith based decisions&communications are done, it could be good or bad...

The only Republican Candidate still in the race who is not Likely to be a TEA Patriot, is Kasich, which is why he is the establishment darling... and showing really poor support numbers.

The Majority of the Republican Party, and a large portion of Independents, Libertarians, and even some of the Democratic Party cross-overs are inline with TEA Ideals of smaller, limited, lower cost government.

And the TEA Party is now a Ghost Party, very hard to directly assault, because they have no centralized structure.

-

Yeah... how'd that whole ebola thing work out for ya?

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 08:22 PM
Wrong!
I'm right and you know it. You just can't admit it yet.

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 08:24 PM
I'm right and you know it. You just can't admit it yet.
LOL. Does your hatred of the country require that conservatives hate someone?

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 08:28 PM
Actually, you are so far of, you can't even find your way home. It has nothing to do with the GOP opposing Obama, but everything to do with them lying to their voters and NOT opposing President Obama's policies.

Now the Democrats that are supporting Trump, they might be sick of being lied to as well?. It has everything to do with the hateful rhetoric the Republican party has been spewing for the past 8 years. The incumbent voting records are secondary if they even register on people's awareness.

Democrats supporting Trump is just wishful thinking. If there are a few doing it then I just look at it as culling the herd.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 08:30 PM
You just keep believing that. It will make your eventual defeat much sweeter.
I already know I'm gonna lose. I despise Hilary more than most conservatives do and you fools are doing everything you can to get her elected.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 08:31 PM
LOL. Does your hatred of the country require that conservatives hate someone?
Wtf are you talking about now?

Captain Obvious
03-26-2016, 08:33 PM
I already know I'm gonna lose. I despise Hilary more than most conservatives do and you fools are doing everything you can to get her elected.

The GOP logo should be changed to:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/freakoutnation/uploads/2015/06/Shoot-foot.jpg

Beevee
03-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Even though the GOP has shot itself in the foot, it still doesn't see the damage it has done to itself as Mitch McConnell is still playing obstructionist tactics, even when he sees that Trump has support from members of his own party.

This isn't really Trump doing anything out of the ordinary, since he is only pandering to the disillusioned because he has recognised what the GOP prefers to ignore - that Obama has been in power for seven years with nothing really to show for it other than increased deficit, loss of international admiration and failed policies, not even through his own fault but that of GOP obstructionists.

If Hillary is elected, the blame will land squarely on the leaders of the GOP and if they carry on the same way as before, she will be there for eight years instead of four.

We need to borrow some of your artillery to defend our borders from uninvited GOP dis-illusionists.

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 09:22 PM
. It has everything to do with the hateful rhetoric the Republican party has been spewing for the past 8 years. The incumbent voting records are secondary if they even register on people's awareness.

Democrats supporting Trump is just wishful thinking. If there are a few doing it then I just look at it as culling the herd.
You need to have your noggin looked at. It might be broken.

It looks like Trump has been getting lots of crossover votes. The Democratic party threw the white, blue-collar guys out into the cold when they became a party of minorities and aggrieved groups. The former blue collar democrats see the same problems Trump does. They like that he will place America first and the citizens before non-citizens. Or so I have read.

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Maybe. She has a very good chance of winning despite her lawlessness. We shall see.

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 09:25 PM
Wtf are you talking about now?
You seem obsessed with the idea that Republicans "hate". I think you are drinking your own, dirty bathwater.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 09:27 PM
You need to have your noggin looked at. It might be broken.

It looks like Trump has been getting lots of cross-over votes. The Democratic party threw the white, blue-collar guys out into the cold when they became a party of minorities and aggrieved groups. They see the same problems Trump does. They like that he will place America first and the citizens before non-citizens. Or so I have read.
My noggin is fine thanks, so are my eyes. You might need some new glasses though. This time make sure they aren't rose colored.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 09:30 PM
You seem obsessed with the idea that Republicans "hate". I think you are drinking your own, dirty bathwater.
So what would you call the bubbling filth the Republican leaders have been spewing for the last 7 years?

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 09:36 PM
My noggin is fine thanks, so are my eyes. You might need some new glasses though. This time make sure they aren't rose colored.
Still, you might want to have a pro check it. :-)

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 09:37 PM
So what would you call the bubbling filth the Republican leaders have been spewing for the last 7 years?
You tell me. What I see is that they have capitulated every chance they had. They lied to themselves by arguing, each time, that this was not the time for a fight. They may have believed their lies but we did not. Hence Trump.

Crepitus
03-26-2016, 09:38 PM
Here's a Republican right here on our forum spewing hate:

WE do not live in fear. We are merely concerned. That trained chimp, in the white house, is openly embracing islam, and rolling out the red carpet for every rag head who has the means to get here. If that's not bad enough, they are now being provided transportation over here. And on top of all that, they get all kinds of assistance when they get here. Free housing. Food stamps...you name it. I'm not allow to call you an idiot, or the mods will yell at me. But I believe that telling you isn't really necessary.

Kurmugeon
03-26-2016, 09:45 PM

The actions by the establishment Republicans which has most of their base, and many who are independents and Libertarians furious is when the RINOs rubber stamped Obama's actions rather than fighting tooth and nail to defeat Obama's Unconstitutional and Illegal actions!

What is despicable about the Republican Leadership is that Obama has not been impeached and removed from office!

The President does not have the option to pick and choose which Congressional Bill passed Laws, such as immigration law he enforces, and which he just discards.

The President is bound by his oath of office to respect and act as chief executive to implement the laws passed by the legislature. He is a manager, not a KING!

Additionally, our system of government does not grant the President the right to spend 108 Billion dollars importing high risk, militant, often radical, Muslims against our Immigration laws! Our Constitution gives the control of the purse strings to Congress, not the President.

-

MisterVeritis
03-26-2016, 10:14 PM
Here's a Republican right here on our forum spewing hate:
Do you object to the substance?

Kurmugeon
03-26-2016, 10:21 PM

"Hate" is like "Racism", the Progressive definition of the word translates as "Effectively disagreeing and arguing with a Liberal Dogma Position".

del
03-26-2016, 10:48 PM
Wrong!

true, it's more like 40

zelmo1234
03-26-2016, 10:55 PM
. It has everything to do with the hateful rhetoric the Republican party has been spewing for the past 8 years. The incumbent voting records are secondary if they even register on people's awareness.

If this is the case we should see a huge turn over in Congress and the Senate? right, because if people are upset that Obama is being opposed, (of course we don't know of anything that he as wanted that he has not gotten) But that is another story. But if Opposition is the problem, then the GOP should not be energizes, and there will be a huge turnover?

But they are not predicting that? So you as most liberals, really don't have a Clue why nearly 70% of the country feels that we are heading in the wrong direction.

zelmo1234
03-26-2016, 10:57 PM
Even though the GOP has shot itself in the foot, it still doesn't see the damage it has done to itself as Mitch McConnell is still playing obstructionist tactics, even when he sees that Trump has support from members of his own party.

This isn't really Trump doing anything out of the ordinary, since he is only pandering to the disillusioned because he has recognised what the GOP prefers to ignore - that Obama has been in power for seven years with nothing really to show for it other than increased deficit, loss of international admiration and failed policies, not even through his own fault but that of GOP obstructionists.

If Hillary is elected, the blame will land squarely on the leaders of the GOP and if they carry on the same way as before, she will be there for eight years instead of four.

We need to borrow some of your artillery to defend our borders from uninvited GOP dis-illusionists.

Which one of the policies that Obama was really supporting, that the GOP blocked, do you think did the most harm??

FindersKeepers
03-27-2016, 08:08 AM
He also admits the Take Over was based on Propaganda and falsehoods perpetrated by the MSM.

He also admits that the Leftie agenda is not supported by a Majority of Americans.

He proposes that the Trump Popularity Phenomenon is largely due to backlash against these facts.

He states that the Lefties must create ways of preventing the backlash from ever being acted upon and resulting in an American populist Trumpesque President in the future.

Maybe most telling, he states that it is likely that the Lefties will now need to endure 8 years of Trump.

-

I agree with some of his points. The GOP (and all those dems switching to vote for Donald) are doing so because the current Administration has ignored them. Even more, the current Administration has been condescending to their opinions and voice.

Nothing exists in a vacuum and Trump did not rise in a vacuum.

The Left created Trump.

I don't know how far Trump will make it. I would not be surprised if he does not get the nomination, but our current Administration has divided this nation as it hasn't been divided in decades.

Even without Trump -- this is far from over.

Quicksilver
03-27-2016, 08:18 AM

Not to mention the need of Conservatives to have "a Big Daddy" of sorts. They seem to need an authoritarian figure when they are scared. They need to have someone wipe their snotty noses and pat them on the heads and tell them "There, there... everything is going to be OK... I'm going to make it ok... don't cry" It's pathetic.. So much for the tough talking "don't tread on me" Conservatives.

Liberals on the other hand know it will be ok because they are going to make it OK by banding together to make it OK... by working to make it OK... and voting for leaders that will know what they are doing. Not hiding behind the big mouthed idiot who has nothing of substance to say.

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 08:38 AM
That does not resemble conservatives and liberals in America today.

birddog
03-27-2016, 09:35 AM
Not to mention the need of Conservatives to have "a Big Daddy" of sorts. They seem to need an authoritarian figure when they are scared. They need to have someone wipe their snotty noses and pat them on the heads and tell them "There, there... everything is going to be OK... I'm going to make it ok... don't cry" It's pathetic.. So much for the tough talking "don't tread on me" Conservatives.

Liberals on the other hand know it will be ok because they are going to make it OK by banding together to make it OK... by working to make it OK... and voting for leaders that will know what they are doing. Not hiding behind the big mouthed idiot who has nothing of substance to say.

If the big mouthed idiot Trump accomplishes 25% of what he says he will do, he will have accomplished far more that is positive and important for our country than Obama has! Electing Hillary would be little better than what we have received from Barry the past seven plus years!

PolWatch
03-27-2016, 09:37 AM
If a politician keeps his promises is very similar to if a frog had wings....both would solve problems but both are not likely to happen

Beevee
03-27-2016, 10:19 AM
Which one of the policies that Obama was really supporting, that the GOP blocked, do you think did the most harm??

Affordable healthcare.

Crepitus
03-27-2016, 10:19 AM

Calling the potus a trained chimp? You bet yer intellectually challenged ass I do.

Crepitus
03-27-2016, 10:22 AM
If this is the case we should see a huge turn over in Congress and the Senate? right, because if people are upset that Obama is being opposed, (of course we don't know of anything that he as wanted that he has not gotten) But that is another story. But if Opposition is the problem, then the GOP should not be energizes, and there will be a huge turnover?

But they are not predicting that? So you as most liberals, really don't have a Clue why nearly 70% of the country feels that we are heading in the wrong direction.

I have seen more than a few predictions for that.

Crepitus
03-27-2016, 10:33 AM
If the big mouthed idiot Trump accomplishes 25% of what he says he will do, he will have accomplished far more that is positive and important for our country than Obama has! Electing Hillary would be little better than what we have received from Barry the past seven plus years!

Don't panic Wile E. You guys can have a White Male President again soon I promise.

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 10:45 AM
We just want a conservative president.

Kurmugeon
03-27-2016, 10:54 AM
We just want a conservative president.

Just more race-card slander.

He did not come right out and say all Republicans are White-Bigots, he just snidely implied it...

Without proof, and against the evidence of the 2016 campaign, where the Republican field of candidates was very diverse, and the Democrats was not.

Furthermore, the only guy in the Democratic line up who openly supported EQUAL rights for all Americans, Jim Webb, was forced early from the debate/campaign.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2010/07/23/128726851/sen-jim-webb-poor-whites-ignored-by-gov-t-diversity-programs

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052748703724104575379630952309408

So, I guess his fault was daring to think that Poor White-Americans have value?

So I'd ask the Hillary and Bernie supporters, Who's the Racist?

-

OGIS
03-27-2016, 11:12 AM
Here is an Article that shows that the Lefties are starting to do a bit of soul searching about the Trump Phenomenon.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/528.935496-Is-Trumps-popularity-a-result-of-the-Lefts-alienation-of-Conservatives

So, he admits it was a "Hostile Take Over", but feel that even though it hurt many Middle Class Americans, the Wondrous ends justify the means.

-

Excellent article and post! Don't agree with it all, but it is a good read. Thanks!

OGIS
03-27-2016, 11:37 AM

There is a certain amount of truth there, but as with most things it is a bit more complex than this.

I used to be a hard-right conservative, and I was targeted by the very left wing attacks the article mentions, so I can attest to the truthfulness of that.

But there has also been an historic influx into the Republican Party of Southern Baptists, Southern Democrats, and Neocons. This flood of new True Believers has fundamentally changed the nature and core beliefs of the party, and has had little to do, I think, with the attacks from the left.

A third factor has been the rise of the right wing foundation/think tank. Groups like the Heritage Foundation and Reason (see one list here: http://think-tanks.insidegov.com/d/t/Conservative) define, distill and harden ideological positions.

A fourth factor is the various machinations of assorted (1) corporatists (ex: Goldman Sachs), (2) end-times Armageddonists (ex: Dominionists), and (3) their rather Satanic combination (PerverTED Ted and his Corporate Whore wife) for ideological control over the far right agenda.

A fifth factor, and NOT the least important, is the increasing levels of systemic corruption within both major political parties.

And the last, underlying factor is the fatal dissonance that has always existed between conservative social values (rigid authoritarian control and punishment of alternate lifestyles), and conservative economic values (classical liberal freedom of choice and from authority).[1]

[1]The libs have their own dissonance: social liberty but authoritarian government. Hmmm... both sides have fatal philosophical contradictions.

(Shhhhh. It's almost as if a "hidden class" of "real" rulers had designed an engine, based on the classic "heads I win tails you lose" model, that would continually reinforce the essential cluelessness and helplessness of that peasant 90% of the population.)

So, yeah, the Republican Party has been through a lot. It may be time for it to be replaced by a new one.

Maybe they could call them Roundheads?

OGIS
03-27-2016, 11:47 AM

All of which is OK by me.

MisterVeritis
03-27-2016, 11:49 AM
Calling the potus a trained chimp? You bet yer intellectually challenged ass I do.
That was not the substance. The substance is that the Monster in the White House supports the IslamoNAZIs in Iran and is importing hundreds of thousands of Muslims (which will include some large number of Islamofascists) into this country against the will of the American people. The Monster is allowing, if not encouraging, the invasion of the US by hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens. And then he sticks productive Americans with the bill.

I do not believe he is a trained chimp. I believe he is an anti-American monster.

OGIS
03-27-2016, 11:50 AM

The OWS crowd accomplished one YUUUGE thing: they mainstreamed the OnePercenter concept.

Mission Accomplished. That one concept is 80% of their battle. Once that meme went viral and ended up permanently in everybody's heads, the long-game permanently changed.

OGIS
03-27-2016, 12:14 PM

I would dearly love to see a four-way race. If Hillary and the GOP Establishment steal the respective nominations, and both Sanders and Trump go third party... damn, THAT would be a horse race. What would happen if no one got 50%?

OGIS
03-27-2016, 12:19 PM
Just more race-card slander.

He did not come right out and say all Republicans are White-Bigots, he just snidely implied it...

What's interesting is how conservatives seldom loudly condemn and shun the racists among them, yet condemn moderate Muslims for the exact same lack of loudness.

suds00
03-27-2016, 12:38 PM
trump loves the poorly educated!

Mac-7
03-27-2016, 12:42 PM

I think poorly educated people would rather be loved than looked down on.

and while we are at it is a computor programer with a college degree but zero knowledge of current events or the constitution considered well educated?

Or a twenty-something with a degree in womens studies who cannot name the first president well educated?

Kurmugeon
03-27-2016, 01:05 PM

All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

― J.R.R. Tolkien (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/656983.J_R_R_Tolkien), The Fellowship of the Ring
(http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3204327)
(http://www.goodreads.com/work/quotes/3204327)

With what passes as "Higher-Education", which is more like anti-working-white-bigotry & Anti-Conservative Indoctrination, I feel that anyone who has survived in the Tech/Corp world, coming up through the ranks by OJT, Self-Study, and Online Career Specific Coursework, has a far better education and reputation.

To paraphrase another line from Tolkien, (whom I am currently reading aloud at bedtime each evening to my three grand kids):

"To me, the enemy would seem more fair, but feel more foul..." - Frodo, spoken about Strider, The Fellowship of the Ring, J.R.R. Tolkien

Trump is Brash, Egotistical and often Annoying, but I believe is loyal to America, which far more than you can say about Obama, Hillary, or Bernie.

-

MisterVeritis
03-27-2016, 01:35 PM
What's interesting is how conservatives seldom loudly condemn and shun the racists among them, yet condemn moderate Muslims for the exact same lack of loudness.
Who are the racists you see under your bed?

MisterVeritis
03-27-2016, 01:36 PM
How does one identify the moderate Muslim? Is the moderate the one holding the coat of the one who is sawing off heads?

OGIS
03-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Who are the racists you see under your bed?

Are you not familiar with the conservative mafia that hangs out at places like cbslocal, infowars, breitbart, wnd, and dozens of other major and minor websites, indeed this very site? Their conservative credentials are obvious from their little collections of sound bites on everything from "obbumer" to "godless liberals." And the exact same people use those cute dog whistles: "porch monkey", "pavement ape", ni66ers, and so forth. Self evident. And obvious, unless you're a koolaid drinker.

OGIS
03-27-2016, 01:54 PM
How does one identify the moderate Muslim? Is the moderate the one holding the coat of the one who is sawing off heads?

Is the moderate conservative the one who is holding the clothes of the KKK guys while they are wearing their sheets?

MisterVeritis
03-27-2016, 02:04 PM
Are you not familiar with the conservative mafia that hangs out at places like cbslocal, infowars, breitbart, wnd, and dozens of other major and minor websites, indeed this very site? Their conservative credentials are obvious from their little collections of sound bites on everything from "obbumer" to "godless liberals." And the exact same people use those cute dog whistles: "porch monkey", "pavement ape", ni66ers, and so forth. Self evident. And obvious, unless you're a koolaid drinker.
Actually, no. Why, in your opinion, is calling the Monster by some other name racist? Don't godless liberals self-identify?

The ones who use the colorful (am I allowed to use that word in this context?) phrases mentioned above, are they authors of the articles? Are they Conservative leaders? Or are they like you and me, ordinary, frustrated people? Either way, I have seldom run across them. We have one here who has the right substance but the wrong approach. He or she is the only one I have seen.

MisterVeritis
03-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Is the moderate conservative the one who is holding the clothes of the KKK guys while they are wearing their sheets?
That would be the moderate KKK member. You really must work harder at this.

OGIS
03-27-2016, 02:08 PM
Actually, no. Why, in your opinion, is calling the Monster by some other name racist? Don't godless liberals self-identify?

The ones who use the colorful (am I allowed to use that word in this context?) phrases mentioned above, are they authors of the articles? Are they Conservative leaders? Or are they like you and me, ordinary, frustrated people? Either way, I have seldom run across them. We have one here who has the right substance but the wrong approach. He or she is the only one I have seen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7FPELc1wEvk