PDA

View Full Version : tPF Calculator tells you how each presidential candidate's tax plan affects you

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 11:18 AM
Calculator tells you how each presidential candidate's tax plan affec (http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/25/11293258/tax-plan-calculator-2016)ts you

Interesting calculator gives you a general idea what your tax liability is under the plans of the major candidates.

You might be surprised at how much taxes you’re paying under current law. We’re including payroll taxes (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/Payroll-Taxes.cfm), excise taxes, and corporate income taxes as well as individual income taxes. Most working people actually pay more in payroll tax than income tax (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/numbers/displayatab.cfm?DocID=4260). And they pay much more if you include the employer’s portion of the tax. Most economists think employers pass their share of the tax on to workers in the form of lower wages.

del
03-27-2016, 11:32 AM
i'd pay 29k more under bernie, 1500 more under the first liar and 32k less under shorteyes

i'm still with the guy who doesn't look like a child molester

Chris
03-27-2016, 11:33 AM
Saw that, generally Trump will save you more, then Cruz, then Clinton will maintain status quo and you lose just a little, and Sanders will take more. How much depends on how much you make. Less taxes is good but won't buy my vote.

AZ Jim
03-27-2016, 02:38 PM
With the vague descriptions of "proposed" plans with have a couple of major hurtles to clear to ever become law there is NO way to calculate tax ramifications.

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 02:46 PM
With the vague descriptions of "proposed" plans with have a couple of major hurtles to clear to ever become law there is NO way to calculate tax ramifications.

You can get an idea of what their plans would cost if they were fully implemented- of course they won't be. But that is what they want to do.

Quicksilver
03-27-2016, 02:47 PM
Less under Trump and Cruz.... about the same under Clinton and a YUGE increase under Sanders.

AZ Jim
03-27-2016, 02:50 PM
Less under Trump and Cruz.... about the same under Clinton and a YUGE increase under Sanders.But Sanders pipe dreams won't pass muster with Dems or Reps in congress. It is patently unrealistic to give free college to all who want to attend. PS His plan should be to beef up trade schools so we could put many to work.

suds00
03-27-2016, 06:18 PM
if we're paying less how can we carry out trumps policies;world-clas military,wall,mass deportations,trade wars,etc.

Subdermal
03-27-2016, 06:24 PM
if we're paying less how can we carry out trumps policies;world-clas military,wall,mass deportations,trade wars,etc.

How was it done in the past?

Subdermal
03-27-2016, 06:28 PM
Calculator tells you how each presidential candidate's tax plan affec (http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2016/3/25/11293258/tax-plan-calculator-2016)ts you

Interesting calculator gives you a general idea what your tax liability is under the plans of the major candidates.

Bernie Sanders is clinically insane. That number is untenable. What a POS.

Quicksilver
03-27-2016, 06:34 PM
And Trump and Cruz will give tax breaks to the wealthy paid for off the pain and suffering of the poor. That is something I find reprehensible.

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 06:38 PM
And Trump and Cruz will give tax breaks to the wealthy paid for off the pain and suffering of the poor. That is something I find reprehensible.

When taxes are cut, if they don't go to the people who paid them, it is redistribution of wealth rather than a tax cut.

Quicksilver
03-27-2016, 06:41 PM
When taxes are cut, if they don't go to the people who paid them, it is redistribution of wealth rather than a tax cut.

And as a society... that is exactly what should happen.. Those that HAVE should be happy to help out the have-nots.. Isn't that what we should be doing?

Subdermal
03-27-2016, 06:44 PM
And as a society... that is exactly what should happen.. Those that HAVE should be happy to help out the have-nots.. Isn't that what we should be doing?

Imagine how much more charity would collect in a prosperous society with low taxation.

I know I would be able to give more - and I give to charities which efficiently get help to those in need.

Not like Government, which consumes it and helps no one.

Peter1469
03-27-2016, 06:45 PM

If society wants to redistribute wealth do it. But don't tell me it is a tax cut if you are redistributing wealth.

suds00
03-28-2016, 09:58 AM
How was it done in the past?it cost money which the government pays for by taxingwe can't deport 11 million,build a wall.etc for free