PDA

View Full Version : Its Not about Presidency, its the school board and city council. Dim Future for Dems

Kurmugeon
03-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Its Not about Presidency, its the school board and city council. Dim Future for Dems

Here is an article from a MSM magazine from a few months back, which brings to the attention the importance of 2016 in terms of elected offices other than the Presidency!

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/09/11/a-dim-future-for-the-democratic-party

A Dim Future

Since President Obama was elected in 2008, the Democratic Party has lost significant ground at the local level.

By Joseph P. Williams - September 11, 2015

The principle purportedly comes from legendary House Speaker Tip O'Neill, arguably the most influential Democrat in the party's modern history: All politics is local.

Six years after voters swept Barack Obama into office as the nation's first black president, a power-to-the-people triumph that electrified the world as well as the nation, O'Neill's well-worn chestnut has come to haunt the Democratic Party ahead of the 2016 election.

Despite the bizarre Summer of Trump, where a seemingly bulletproof, billionaire populist has seized the imagination of the Republican grassroots – and regardless of the bad headlines trailing Democratic front-runner Hillary Clinton like cans strung behind a wedding limo – most analysts agree Democrats are in good shape to hold serve against the GOP in the campaign for the White House.

Look to the local level, however, and it's clear Democrats have some serious shaping up to do.

An ugly combination of strategic blunders, bad timing, grassroots complacency and superior planning by Republicans has left the party of Kennedy, Johnson and Roosevelt in the midst of a paradox. They can win the most powerful elected office in the world – they've won the last two, and could go three-for-three with a win in 2015 – but can't grasp power at the local level, where party agendas are shaped and real governance happens.

And while Democrats have all but locked down an ever-expanding demographic of young and minority voters, it's a maddeningly fickle coalition in non-presidential election years. When decidedly less sexy House, gubernatorial and state legislative seats are at stake, they stay home as the GOP base electorate heads to the polls like clockwork, handing Republicans more than 900 legislative seats than ...

The MSM, Democrats and Far-Lefties understand their peril... I wonder if those Trump Vs. Cruz Vs. Kasich who are currently stooping to the lowest possible dirty politics, ...

understand that the Presidency is not anywhere near as long term important the other elected or appointed local offices?

Or will the turmoil and self-destruction surrounding the Trump-Phenomenon work as the needed distraction and diversion that the Lefties so desperately need?

-

del
03-28-2016, 04:42 PM
i only hope they can keep us safe from ebola

Boris The Animal
03-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Its Not about Presidency, its the school board and city council. Dim Future for Dems

Here is an article from a MSM magazine from a few months back, which brings to the attention the importance of 2016 in terms of elected offices other than the Presidency!

http://www.usnews.com/news/the-report/articles/2015/09/11/a-dim-future-for-the-democratic-party

The MSM, Democrats and Far-Lefties understand their peril... I wonder if those Trump Vs. Cruz Vs. Kasich who are currently stooping to the lowest possible dirty politics, ...

understand that the Presidency is not anywhere near as long term important the other elected or appointed local offices?

Or will the turmoil and self-destruction surrounding the Trump-Phenomenon work as the needed distraction and diversion that the Lefties so desperately need?

-The only thing that concerns me is the SCOTUS. We cannot allow a Dimwitocrat in the WH as (s)he would nominate a far left whackjob to the bench.

Kurmugeon
03-28-2016, 04:57 PM
The only thing that concerns me is the SCOTUS. We cannot allow a Dimwitocrat in the WH as (s)he would nominate a far left whackjob to the bench.

You are absolutely correct. Of all aspects of the Presidency, given the age and health of many of the justices, this aspect of the Presidency is indeed a pitfall, should the Dems manage enough fraud votes to steal the election... again.

Without illegal immigrant based vote fraud, the common, middle class of America is so turned against the Left, the Dems don't stand a chance at winning much of anything.

Keep in mind, with Republican control of Congress, all of the Justice nominees who are Leftie-Wackos can simply be rejected.

-

Boris The Animal
03-28-2016, 05:05 PM
You are absolutely correct. Of all aspects of the Presidency, given the age and health of many of the justices, this aspect of the Presidency is indeed a pitfall, should the Dems manage enough fraud votes to steal the election... again.

Without illegal immigrant based vote fraud, the common, middle class of America is so turned against the Left, the Dems don't stand a chance at winning much of anything.

Keep in mind, with Republican control of Congress, all of the Justice nominees who are Leftie-Wackos can simply be rejected.

-And therein lies the rub. I wonder if the GOP establishment will finally grow a set of solid brass plated iron testicles to sh!tcan any far left whacko that a Dimocrat would foist on us?

MisterVeritis
03-28-2016, 05:08 PM
And therein lies the rub. I wonder if the GOP establishment will finally grow a set of solid brass plated iron testicles to sh!tcan any far left whacko that a Dimocrat would foist on us?
Their history says they will capitulate when it is expedient.

Kurmugeon
03-28-2016, 05:10 PM
And therein lies the rub. I wonder if the GOP establishment will finally grow a set of solid brass plated iron testicles to sh!tcan any far left whacko that a Dimocrat would foist on us?

Maybe, as the political tides turn, and the weak, whinny and timid RINOs detect the sea-change of American Politics, they may yet find something like courage and common sense.

The common people, particularly working class whites, are completely fed-up with the Establishment and capitulation to political correctness... hence Trump.

America has never been in greater peril for its very survival.

But, as long as common people show up to vote, I still have hope for America.

-