PDA

View Full Version : Trump’s Top Strategist Just Quit And Wrote This Brutal Open Letter To Trump Voters

Cigar
03-29-2016, 07:16 AM
One of Donald Trump’s top campaign strategists, former communications director Stephanie Cegielski, has resigned from his campaign in protest of Trump’s ridiculous statement that “only he can solve” the bombing in Pakistan (whatever that might mean). She has penned a devastating open letter to his supporters, explaining to us why she originally supported Trump, and how his excess and dishonesty turned her against him. She issues a stark warning to Trump supporters that the supposed “authenticity” of Trump is nothing but smoke and mirrors, a soap opera character – and that at the end of the day, Donald Trump only cares about himself. A brutal denunciation of Trump as both a candidate and a person, it might be the most complete evisceration of the orange-haired rabble-rouser yet written.

It will be interesting to see if Donald Trump’s supporters will be able to dismiss this evisceration so easily. They can’t cry “liberal media” or establishment bias – this comes from inside his own camp, the people who know him better than any of his supporters. It’s also a significant indication that Trump’s own advisers are becoming increasingly tired of his racist antics and his utter refusal to formulate any kind of substantial policy proposals. They recognize that he is utterly unprepared for the presidency and has no desire to change that.

"Even Trump’s most trusted advisors didn’t expect him to fare this well. Almost a year ago, recruited for my public relations and public policy expertise, I sat in Trump Tower being told that the goal was to get The Donald to poll in double digits and come in second in delegate count. That was it. The Trump camp would have been satisfied to see him polling at 12% and taking second place to a candidate who might hold 50%. His candidacy was a protest candidacy.

It pains me to say, but he is the presidential equivalent of Sanjaya on American Idol. President Trump would be President Sanjaya in terms of legitimacy and authority. And I am now taking full responsibility for helping create this monster — and reaching out directly to those voters who, like me, wanted Trump to be the real deal..."

Read more: http://occupydemocrats.com/2016/03/28/trumps-top-strategist-just-quit-wrote-brutal-open-letter-trump-voters/

BYW ... The here's the original open letter: http://www.xojane.com/issues/stephanie-cegielski-donald-trump-campaign-defector

InB4 It's all lies lies Lies

Standing Wolf
03-29-2016, 08:05 AM
Trump is an ignorant little bully, and the faster America puts him in the rearview mirror and returns to the days of having some degree of rational discourse and compromise, the better.

Cigar
03-29-2016, 08:28 AM
Trump is an ignorant little bully, and the faster America puts him in the rearview mirror and returns to the days of having some degree of rational discourse and compromise, the better.

In all fairness to Donald Trump, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Donald Trump's life and reputation is an open book. So if anyone is surprised at his behavior, then shame on them.

The GOP has ben snickering, and Wink Winking at stuff the RW crazies and the Donald Trump's of the world for more than 8 years, so now that the Chickens have come home to Roost and their own Attack Dog is biting them in their own ass ... is kinda Entertaining and just deserts and the F'cking The GOP gets for the F'cking they gave.

Just sit back and enjoy the self destruction. :laugh:

Mac-7
03-29-2016, 08:30 AM

Who oh wise one do you suggest trumpsters to support instead of the donald?

FindersKeepers
03-29-2016, 08:44 AM

Problem is - there is nothing better to "return to" in this election.

On either side.

No matter who wins -- we all lose.

FindersKeepers
03-29-2016, 08:45 AM
In all fairness to Donald Trump, and I can't believe I'm saying this, Donald Trump's life and reputation is an open book. So if anyone is surprised at his behavior, then shame on them.

The GOP has ben snickering, and Wink Winking at stuff the RW crazies and the Donald Trump's of the world for more than 8 years, so now that the Chickens have come home to Roost and their own Attack Dog is biting them in their own ass ... is kinda Entertaining and just deserts and the F'cking The GOP gets for the F'cking they gave.

Just sit back and enjoy the self destruction. :laugh:

She loved Trump until she got fired and then she hated him.

It's an age-old story that plays out everywhere.

At least she didn't go postal. That counts for something.

michiganFats
03-29-2016, 08:54 AM
Trump isn't a perfect guy? I never would have guessed that.

Trump isn't a problem, he's a symptom. He could disappear today and the GOP would still have the same problems it has now. Are they going to smear every candidate who doesn't fit their mold? The GOP aren't serious statesmen and haven't been for at least 20 years.

PolWatch
03-29-2016, 08:55 AM
This only confirms my suspicions....the Trump campaign was a publicity stunt and his ego has taken over. I will have to wait until November to see if the balance of my suspicions are on target.....the only thing Trump will do is make sure Clinton is the next president.....both are frightening thoughts.

Cigar
03-29-2016, 08:57 AM
This only confirms my suspicions....the Trump campaign was a publicity stunt and his ego has taken over. I will have to wait until November to see if the balance of my suspicions are on target.....the only thing Trump will do is make sure Clinton is the next president.....both are frightening thoughts.

In December we'll all look back at this and Laugh while we're getting ready for Santa Clause :laugh:

Mac-7
03-29-2016, 08:58 AM
Problem is - there is nothing better to "return to" in this election.

On either side.

No matter who wins -- we all lose.

Ted cruz is better than trump or hillary

Cigar
03-29-2016, 09:02 AM

You are entitled to your opinion and your Vote, please allow other to have the same.

michiganFats
03-29-2016, 09:03 AM

You think Clinton is a slam dunk against Trump? I think she'd easily beat Cruz but I'm not so sure about Trump.

Cigar
03-29-2016, 09:07 AM
You think Clinton is a slam dunk against Trump? I think she'd easily beat Cruz but I'm not so sure about Trump.

In 2008, Barack Obama beat McCain by 9.5 Million Votes.

To date, Hillary is doing far better than Obama was at this same time.

Mark III
03-29-2016, 09:13 AM
Although I have less than zero use for Trump , as a president or as a human being, this article is a little disingenuous. The writer of the letter was not Trump's top strategist, she was the mouthpiece for a Superpac that went out of business many months ago.

We don't know if Trump himself ever even met this woman, let alone gave her instructions on how to proceed.

Having said that, there is a ring of truth to this story in that the Superpac may have been told by someone at Trump that the goal was respectability and promoting the Trump brand more than winning the election. I have said for a long time that the only reason Trump ran, imo, is because it was on his bucket list and he is almost 70 years old.

BTW, the Trump campaign has denied all of the allegations and statements in the letter.

Cigar
03-29-2016, 09:17 AM
Although I have less than zero use for Trump , as a president or as a human being, this article is a little disingenuous. The writer of the letter was not Trump's top strategist, she was the mouthpiece for a Superpac that went out of business many months ago.

We don't know if Trump himself ever even met this woman, let alone gave her instructions on how to proceed.

Having said that, there is a ring of truth to this story in that the Superpac may have been told by someone at Trump that the goal was respectability and promoting the Trump brand more than winning the election. I have said for a long time that the only reason Trump ran, imo, is because it was on his bucket list and he is almost 70 years old.

BTW, the Trump campaign has denied all of the allegations and statements in the letter.

The Fastest way to shut Donald Trump's mouth is to ask the question; HOW! :wink:

michiganFats
03-29-2016, 09:19 AM
In 2008, Barack Obama beat McCain by 9.5 Million Votes.

To date, Hillary is doing far better than Obama was at this same time.

That's not a fair comparison, Clinton isn't Obama and Trump isn't McCain. McCain turned a lot of people off.

PolWatch
03-29-2016, 09:22 AM

I know that polls are not 100% but Real Clear Politics (my fav site for polls) shows that Trump is the only repub candidate that Clinton can beat. Ooppss...it now shows her beating Cruz too (recent change). Its really funny, the majority of repubs are supporting the only loser in the group.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

PolWatch
03-29-2016, 09:25 AM
That's not a fair comparison, Clinton isn't Obama and Trump isn't McCain. McCain turned a lot of people off.

McCain's biggest turn off (IMO) was Palin. He showed poor judgement in putting her on the ticket. It was an obvious attempt to prove the GOP was not just old white men (an common argument at the time).

michiganFats
03-29-2016, 09:31 AM
I know that polls are not 100% but Real Clear Politics (my fav site for polls) shows that Trump is the only repub candidate that Clinton can beat. Ooppss...it now shows her beating Cruz too (recent change). Its really funny, the majority of repubs are supporting the only loser in the group.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

Polls are a funny thing aren't they? They can be very accurate but usually they kind of match up with what I hear people saying. This year they've been wrong a lot and don't reflect what I'm hearing people say. The thing about Trump is he's winning with practically zero ground game, I'm wondering what will happen once he goes all in, if he does.

suds00
03-29-2016, 10:27 AM
this is a reality tv show.i think Kasich would be good as a grown-up..on the other side it may be too late..the anerican people will end up with buyer's remorse this year.

Crepitus
03-29-2016, 10:28 AM
Cruz is a dominionist hack with delusions of grandeur.

Quicksilver
03-29-2016, 10:30 AM

I don't know about all that.. I only know he is really, really, creepy.

Crepitus
03-29-2016, 10:42 AM
I don't know about all that.. I only know he is really, really, creepy.
There's some videos out there of him being anointed as "the chosen one" by some church high muckety muck.

Standing Wolf
03-29-2016, 10:48 AM
McCain's biggest turn off (IMO) was Palin. He showed poor judgement in putting her on the ticket. It was an obvious attempt to prove the GOP was not just old white men (an common argument at the time).

I have always thought of Palin as more the political equivalent of a bright, shiny object that you use to distract a child's attention. Men of a certain age - roughly 13 to 90 - tend to lose IQ points rapidly in the presence of a smiling, pretty face. For a lot of Conservative men, especially perhaps those going through some kind of midlife crisis, she was little more than a fantasy object.

birddog
03-29-2016, 10:54 AM
I have always thought of Palin as more the political equivalent of a bright, shiny object that you use to distract a child's attention. Men of a certain age - roughly 13 to 90 - tend to lose IQ points rapidly in the presence of a smiling, pretty face. For a lot of Conservative men, especially perhaps those going through some kind of midlife crisis, she was little more than a fantasy object.

At least we had a fantasy that was pretty, real, and honest. You have The Hildebeast and Pocahontas! :smiley_ROFLMAO::smiley_ROFLMAO:

MisterVeritis
03-29-2016, 11:04 AM
In December we'll all look back at this and Laugh while we're getting ready for Santa Clause :laugh:
Claus.

Or is the Santa Clause something in a contract?

Cigar
03-29-2016, 11:07 AM
Claus.

Or is the Santa Clause something in a contract?

... he's whatever you want him to be and spelled anyway you want. :laugh:

AZ Jim
03-29-2016, 11:08 AM
She loved Trump until she got fired and then she hated him.

It's an age-old story that plays out everywhere.

At least she didn't go postal. That counts for something.Some insist on being fools your post would indicate. PS She QUIT not FIRED!

MisterVeritis
03-29-2016, 11:12 AM
One of the things I really like about this forum is the incredibly brilliant people who post here. There are a few exceptions, of course, but even among the people whose views are abhorrent to me, by and large you guys are the cream of the crop.

michiganFats
03-29-2016, 11:14 AM

One word: boobs.

Cigar
03-29-2016, 11:17 AM
One of the things I really like about this forum is the incredibly brilliant people who post here. There are a few exceptions, of course, but even among the people whose views are abhorrent to me, by and large you guys are the cream of the crop.

Are you sure that's cream you see floating? :grin:

MisterVeritis
03-29-2016, 11:33 AM
Are you sure that's cream you see floating? :grin:
I did mention, without naming anyone, that there are a few exceptions.

Mac-7
03-29-2016, 12:01 PM

So you dont want to elect anyone to be president.

does that mean you want obumer to stay on?

FindersKeepers
03-29-2016, 12:03 PM
Some insist on being fools your post would indicate. PS She QUIT not FIRED!

As with all rumor mill fodder -- there's a lot of hyped-up sensationalism.

Snopes breaks it down for you:

http://www.snopes.com/stephanie-cegielski-letter-trump/

Crepitus
03-29-2016, 04:29 PM
So you dont want to elect anyone to be president.

does that mean you want obumer to stay on?
Nope. I wanted Sanders, as it is I'm hoping for a "none of the above" option.

Subdermal
03-29-2016, 05:20 PM

Tell us about Ted Cruz.

I want to hear you claim to say the same thing.

Subdermal
03-29-2016, 05:25 PM

A common - and disingenuous - leftist argument at the time. Could you not bring yourself to include that important qualifier? :D

Which has now come home to roost 100%, to no criticisms from the MSM whatsoever - even though they had no problems parroting that silly claim incessantly for months both 4 and 8 years ago. Knock me over with a feather.

Subdermal
03-29-2016, 05:26 PM

You invented this. He's a Constitutionalist. Nothing more.

AZ Jim
03-29-2016, 05:26 PM
Claus.

Or is the Santa Clause something in a contract?Oh NO! Now he's resorted to spell checking. I'll remember that when I read some of your posts.

Subdermal
03-29-2016, 05:29 PM
Oh NO! Now he's resorted to spell checking. I'll remember that when I read some of your posts.

That'll keep you busy.

Speaking as one for whom spelling and blatant punctuation errors stick out like a sore thumb, you won't see much from Veritis. You will, however, see the stogie screwing up fairly constantly.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2016, 05:31 PM
Oh NO! Now he's resorted to spell checking. I'll remember that when I read some of your posts.
Please do. I can use plenty of help. I have a medical condition that has me adding letters and dropping letters. I have a software tool to help but sometimes I still miss errors on my first pass through. Between you and me, Cigar hadn't a clue how to spell Santa Claus. Now he does.

MisterVeritis
03-29-2016, 05:33 PM
That'll keep you busy.

Speaking as one for whom spelling and blatant punctuation errors stick out like a sore thumb, you won't see much from Veritis. You will, however, see the stogie screwing up fairly constantly.
Thank you. I believe it is important to make the reader's task as easy as one possibly can.

Standing Wolf
03-29-2016, 05:37 PM
Tell us about Ted Cruz.

You mean Fat Dracula? I honestly haven't paid all that much attention to him. I hear on the news that the Republican hierarchy is holding its collective nose and making plans to anoint him at the Convention - even if they have to push Trump back with a fire hose - but aside from the fact that his nomination would motivate lots and lots of people to go to the polls in November to vote against him, I can't claim to know all that much about him - or want to.

I want to hear you claim to say the same thing.

I'm not sure what that means - sorry. Once more in English, please?