PDA

View Full Version : Facts, Who Needs Facts ... Just Lie and they will believe

Cigar
09-18-2012, 06:51 AM
The Facts
Romney appears to conflate a few things — Obama’s approval rating, the percentage of people who do not pay income taxes and people who rely on government assistance.

if you want to know the full story read the GD link http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-caught-on-video-tape/2012/09/17/38578a5e-012f-11e2-b257-e1c2b3548a4a_blog.html

Chris
09-18-2012, 07:20 AM
Obama doesn't even defend his record, he leaves that to his wife who lies for him: Michelle Obama Plays Defender-in-Chief (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/5904-Michelle-Obama-Plays-Defender-in-Chief).

patrickt
09-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Cigar's thread title states the Democrat position succinctly. Congratulations, Cigar. Of course, you should note that it helps to have the liberal media as accomplices.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 07:24 AM
"There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the President no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what...These are people who pay no income tax ...

"My job is not to worry about those people. I'll never convince them they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives."

http://i.imgur.com/MPAkj.jpg

Willard Mitt Romney, you just insulted a lot of Americans.

Mainecoons
09-18-2012, 07:26 AM
Uh, NM, FL, AR, ID Dem states.

This is a classic example of lying by omission, something you are so highly skilled at, or so you think. What you are omitting, for example, is the very high percentage of people in FL who are retired. What is the other thing these states have in common? Lower average incomes. You may recall that it was the Bush tax cuts that cut the rates and thresholds so much at the bottom of the income scale. Now I'm all for rescinding all of the Bush tax cuts so that some of the ObamaFools can have an up close and personal experience with the FACT that those tax cuts reduced the total aggregate tax payments of the middle class and down far, far more than they did the wealthy.

Now Texas has a disproportionate number of military as does NM, that affects these figures. A few quotes from your reference will serve to illustrate that, in your usual mal-educated way, you post stuff you haven't really read or understood.

Of the 38 million tax units made nontaxable by the addition of tax expenditures, 44 percent are moved off the tax rolls by elderly tax benefits and another 30 percent by credits for children and the working poor (see chart 2 and table 2). The other six groups of tax expenditures have much less impact, each making 6 percent or fewer units nontaxable.

Or in other words, and very graphically illustrated by Chart 2, virtually all of the non payers are either us retired folks with limited incomes (which are even more limited because Mr. Obama and Mr. Bernake have made it impossible to get any interest on savings so they can continue to print largely interest free money) or folks on some form of public assistance.

In other words, Mr. Math Expert, the states with the higest incomes have the fewest non taxpaying folks. The states with the most retired or lower incomes have the most. Thanks to the Republicans and Mr. Bush, people with limited incomes or large families don't pay income taxes.

I suggest you look at the map on this reference and then compare it to yours. Surprise, surprise, your map and the lower income states pretty much coincide.

http://www.mint.com/blog/trends/mint-map-income-by-state/

Having said that, and once again exposed your lying by omission and failure to understand what you're reading, it was an incredibly stupid statement from a candidate that this board isn't very enthusiastic about for good reason. Because the biggest single category of non payers are the elderly who also vote more Republican than the others. So it was another shoot yourself in the foot moment from a campaign that is ineptly run and a candidate who seems to stick his foot in his mouth.

So we'll give you that point even though you made it, as usual, badly.

Chris
09-18-2012, 07:32 AM
Where's the insult, cigar?

Mainecoons
09-18-2012, 07:36 AM
He's posting the same subject several times so as to distract you all from the dismembering of his other post on the topic that I just carried out. See his other thread on this topic, "Facts, who needs facts? in Republicans.

I think the Board should make him a moderator too. Clearly the standards for that position do not include either truthful or substantive contributions to this board.

patrickt
09-18-2012, 07:42 AM
Cigar thinks the next President will be the guy who said that some people might consider him only the fourth greatest president ever.

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 07:43 AM
Boring troll is boring.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 07:45 AM

The insult is that Willard Mitt Romney and his supports don't, can't or won't see as an insult in his statement.

But that's perfectly fine with me.

Personally I approve "everything" Mitt is saying and I hope he continues all the way to election Day.

think of it this way, 47% of Obama supporters don't pay any Taxes, 100% of Black American voters are voting for Barack Obama and Black Americans make up less than 15% of the population ... I'm guessing there's a few insulted White Americans who will have plenty to say in November.

Talk about a Dream Candidate for Obama ... :f_applause: good job Mitt, good job.

Mainecoons
09-18-2012, 07:47 AM
Whatsamatter Cigar, ashamed to show your face on the other thread you started on this after I punked you thoroughly?

:rofl:

Chris
09-18-2012, 07:55 AM
The insult is that Willard Mitt Romney and his supports don't, can't or won't see as an insult in his statement.

But that's perfectly fine with me.

Personally I approve "everything" Mitt is saying and I hope he continues all the way to election Day.

think of it this way, 47% of Obama supporters don't pay any Taxes, 100% of Black American voters are voting for Barack Obama and Black Americans make up less than 15% of the population ... I'm guessing there's a few insulted White Americans who will have plenty to say in November.

Talk about a Dream Candidate for Obama ... :f_applause: good job Mitt, good job.

Now you're lying as he didn't say that in the OP citation.

pollycy
09-18-2012, 08:23 AM
Willard Mitt Romney, you just insulted a lot of Americans.

Willard Mitt Romney, you just insulted a lot of PARASITES... good for you! People who are physically and mentally capable of supporting themselves, but who choose to suck off the government for year after year after year are parasites! We need to terminate all unearned forms of entitlements and welfare to everyone who has been sucking on them for more than 99 weeks. Then, we need to reduce that maximum time period to something that makes sense, like 52 weeks, and then down to where it belongs -- more like 26 weeks.

If we let them sit on their dead asses forever, that's exactly what they will do -- SIT ON THEIR DEAD ASSES FOREVER....

keymanjim
09-18-2012, 08:27 AM
What is insulting about telling the truth?

Agravan
09-18-2012, 08:28 AM
What is insulting about telling the truth?

Libs don't like truth.

pollycy
09-18-2012, 08:37 AM
The Facts
Romney appears to conflate a few things — Obama’s approval rating, the percentage of people who do not pay income taxes and people who rely on government assistance.

There may be some overlap between these groups but they really are not the same thing.

First, let’s start with the notion that nearly half of Americans do not pay income tax. This is one of these “facts” that is not very informative. “Income taxes” are just one type of tax that people pay, and for most working Americans, payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare far exceed what they pay in income taxes. Moreover, if some people do not pay income taxes, it is because of policies often advocated by Republicans.

Some 44 percent of those who do not pay income taxes are because they benefit from tax benefits aimed at the elderly, while another 30 percent benefit from tax credits for children or for the working poor, according to a paper (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/UploadedPDF/1001547-Why-No-Income-Tax.pdf) published by the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center.

Three Pinocchios for Romney's First Behind Closed Doors Tape

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-caught-on-video-tape/2012/09/17/38578a5e-012f-11e2-b257-e1c2b3548a4a_blog.html

http://taxfoundation.org:81/sites/taxfoundation.org/files/UserFiles/Image/Fiscal Facts/20100524-229-nonpayers-map-.jpg

I give you a hard time, because like most liberals, you richly deserve it. This time, however, much of what you say is fundamentally correct! People do typically pay more in FICA taxes than they do in Federal income taxes -- which is exactly why Social Security and Medicare benefits should never be cut. Those are EARNED entitlements, paid for by working taxpayers who were forced to pay into these systems all their lives.

What stinks is all the unearned welfare crap that goes on for many other millions, who are physically and mentally able to work -- but WON'T take a job if it's "beneath" them. Obama has made it easy for them to sit on their dead asses and do nothing but suck off the government... so, guess what? That's exactly what they do. THAT is what Romney probably meant to infer, but instead he danced around it and mealy-mouthed it. He should stand up and SCREAM it, even if it is politically "insensitive" (boo-hoo....).

Fed. Chairman Bernanke and his handpuppet, Obama, have everyone from welfare parasites to Wall Street gamblers believing that money can be made to simply pop out of thin air -- by the hundreds of billions! When this magic show ends, the shit will hit the turbo-fan, on "high"... and then we'll see what happens when hyperlibs and investment bankers have to face the horrible reality of what this insane "recovery" policy and the Welfare State have done to us!

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 08:54 AM
What is this... 3 threads on the same dumb subject?

Cigar, your desperation is showing. Nobody except Obama-lovers care what Romney said.

coolwalker
09-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Romney was wrong about one thing...it's 46% not 47%. And yes, there is a very lrge segment of America that has been taught by the Left that they are entitled. If you are sick, if you are elderly, you will be helped...if you lose your job you will be given a ladder to climb up...not a helicopter. If you are just lazy, go see your parents, maybe they will give you stuff fo free.

Stuck_In_California
09-18-2012, 09:04 AM
Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 47% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 45% of the vote. Four percent (4%) prefer some other candidate, and three percent (3%) are undecided. See daily tracking history.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll

Stuck_In_California
09-18-2012, 09:09 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VWbiIP3Hbjc

GrumpyDog
09-18-2012, 09:10 AM
Romney was wrong about one thing...it's 46% not 47%. And yes, there is a very lrge segment of America that has been taught by the Left that they are entitled. If you are sick, if you are elderly, you will be helped...if you lose your job you will be given a ladder to climb up...not a helicopter. If you are just lazy, go see your parents, maybe they will give you stuff fo free.

That is what Romney did. Got stuff for free from his parents. LOTS of stuff. So much stuff, that he thinks everybody else can just go get free stuff from their parents too.

Stuck_In_California
09-18-2012, 09:17 AM
That is what Romney did. Got stuff for free from his parents. LOTS of stuff. So much stuff, that he thinks everybody else can just go get free stuff from their parents too.

You must really enjoy lying, you do it so much.

coolwalker
09-18-2012, 09:17 AM

Is he supposed to feel bad that his parents worked hard and saved money? Give me a break!

Chris
09-18-2012, 09:19 AM
If Romney got stuff for free from his parents it was voluntary on their part whereas getting stuff for "free" from the government is coerced on taxpayers.

Jenda
09-18-2012, 11:02 AM
I give you a hard time, because like most liberals, you richly deserve it. This time, however, much of what you say is fundamentally correct! People do typically pay more in FICA taxes than they do in Federal income taxes -- which is exactly why Social Security and Medicare benefits should never be cut. Those are EARNED entitlements, paid for by working taxpayers who were forced to pay into these systems all their lives.

Except that many people get an Earned Income Tax Credit....and thus get a refund of those said taxes....even though they still get "credit" for having paid them into the system in the first place.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 01:34 PM
Well ... I guess the only thing funnier than watching Romney fail ... is watching the parrots go down with him :)

Cigar
09-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Romney made controversial remarks at Leder's home in Boca Raton, Fla., on May 17, (http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2012/09/romney-secret-video-marc-leder-sex-parties) according to Mother Jones' David Corn, telling attendees that 47 percent of Americans (http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/09/secret-video-romney-private-fundraiser) are Obama voters who "believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it."

It was as if the Playboy Mansion met the East End at a wild party at private-equity titan Marc Leder's Bridgehampton estate, where guests cavorted nude in the pool and performed sex acts, scantily dressed Russians danced on platforms and men twirled lit torches to a booming techno beat.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/18/marc-leder-mitt-romney_n_1893117.html?utm_hp_ref=business

Cigar
09-18-2012, 07:34 PM
The True Test of a Man’s Character is what he does when no one is watching.
~ John Wooden

Somehow I think Mitt Stupid doesn’t understand the Job Description of The President of The United States.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 07:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukhFBJgrZxM&feature=player_embedded

Mitt Romney told a private audience of campaign donors in May that the pursuit of Middle East peace is likely to remain “an unsolved problem” because the Palestinians have “no interest whatsoever” in reaching a peace agreement with Israel.

The Republican presidential candidate also accused President Obama or harboring “an extraordinarily naive perception” that some of the world’s most notorious dictators would sit down and talk to him about their differences.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/decision2012/mitt-romney-palestinians-have-no-interest-whatsoever-in-establishing-peace/2012/09/18/5e185a12-0183-11e2-b260-32f4a8db9b7e_story.html

:smiley_ROFLMAO:

Captain Obvious
09-18-2012, 07:54 PM
He's absolutely correct on both accounts.

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 07:57 PM
How many threads are you gonna make on the same topic? This is an abuse of the rules and they will all be combined.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 07:59 PM
Are you STILL on May, Cigar? Geesh, it's Sept and 7 weeks til the election. Try to stay current, OK? Nobody cares what Mitt Romney said 4 months ago while having an off-the-cuff conversation with donors.

What did Obama say today about the lies his administration told about Libya? Or do you know about that?

Cigar
09-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Wait ... what happen to ... Cut-N-Run; Weak, Timid, The Force ... :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Oh I see ... Mitt said then it's all White. :)

keymanjim
09-18-2012, 08:07 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a128/keymanjim/obama-squirrel.gif

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Five threads of the same topic have been combined.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Well I guess this is one way ... it will only get worse once Mitt's fate is determined

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 08:26 PM
As much as you would like to saturate the forum with this one topic, what Romney said was the truth. It needs to be said more often. Obama is making this country into a total welfare state - fundamentally changing the USA - and I will fight him tooth and nail to stop it from happening.

Cigar
09-18-2012, 09:03 PM
For those who didn't stick their fingers in their ears because they didn't want to hear the truth about Mitt Stupid ... Mitt Romany Covered "several" Political Topics in his speech that everyone is talking and reporting on ... individually ... except Fox News. :)

This is still a Political Forum ... correct? :thinking:

Trinnity
09-19-2012, 05:12 AM
That is what Romney did. Got stuff for free from his parents. LOTS of stuff. So much stuff, that he thinks everybody else can just go get free stuff from their parents too.He gave away his inheritance.

YOU
FAIL

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 06:09 AM
This is still a Political Forum ... correct? :thinking:

It never was . It's a chat line for Extremist Republicans who need to continuously reassure themselves that there are similarly afflicted people out there .
They don't mind token opposition but get very agitated if we start behaving as they do all the time .
It's not our fault that Butt ( place for jokes ) rhymes with Mutt

pollycy
09-19-2012, 07:44 AM
It never was . It's a chat line for Extremist Republicans who need to continuously reassure themselves that there are similarly afflicted people out there .
They don't mind token opposition but get very agitated if we start behaving as they do all the time .
It's not our fault that Butt ( place for jokes ) rhymes with Mutt

You would probably feel much more at home at politicalforum.com . It is literally awash with wall-eyed hyperlibs who kiss Obama's ass until it drips!

Still, I admire your courage, and Cigar's, too. Yes, it does appear there are more of us Conservatives in this Forum, and so, being in a decided minority, you no doubt feel embattled on all fronts. I endured that same kind of isolation during that long, horrible period from 2008 through about autumn of 2010, when no one could criticize King Hussein without being excoriated! So, defend your beachhead here, but try to be a little more fact-based.

For Liberals, I suggest that your model should be a poster named "Iriemon" in politicalforum.com . He and I disagree all the time, but he is logical, sensible, he fleshes out his ideas with facts, and he stays on topic -- a trait notably lacking in the "snipe-and-run" insult-tactics typically used by hyperlibs everywhere you find them....

Cigar
09-19-2012, 07:55 AM
I too admire the Republican resolve to defend everything and anything Mitt chooses to put in his mouth and then spit in the face of Americans. Mitt Romney is piloting a Airship full of Fools, taxiing down a runway towards a cliff.

Look ... let be honest, the only way Willard Mitt Romney will ever see the Oval Office, is to take a White House tour.

But look at the bright side, we have the several great shows approaching, it's the Presidential Debates. God I can't wait for Romney to talk some more on national TV.

sparty
09-19-2012, 08:00 AM
I too admire the Republican resolve to defend everything and anything Mitt chooses to put in his mouth and then spit in the face of Americans. Mitt Romney is piloting a Airship full of Fools, taxiing down a runway towards a cliff.

Look ... let be honest, the only way Willard Mitt Romney will ever see the Oval Office, is to take a White House tour.

But look at the bright side, we have the several great shows approaching, it's the Presidential Debates. God I can't wait for Romney to talk some more on national TV.

How much do you get paid to post here?

Cigar
09-19-2012, 08:04 AM
How much do you get paid to post here?

This Forum can't afford me ... :) ... but you can send a check if you like.

sparty
09-19-2012, 08:08 AM
This Forum can't afford me ... :) ... but you can send a check if you like.

Nah, the forum isn't paying, but who is?

pollycy
09-19-2012, 09:17 AM

Yes, watching Romney slice-and-dice Obama's ass on any topic having to do with his regime's record, or the economy will be worthy of at least three bags of popcorn and two six-packs of Samuel Adam's best! But the best entertainment will be watching Paul Ryan rip Biden to pieces like a chainsaw on "turbo". I'll be sure to have the Tivo recording that so I can preserve it for all time!

Seriously, Cigar, what have Obama/Biden got to run on but failure, broken promises, malfeasance, and stupidity? I'll be the first to agree that "W" Bush was no paragon of presidential perfection (not at all!), but c'mon -- be honest! Obama is an abject fuck-up, from the moment he stumbled through the Oath of Office right up to today. Yes, he happened to "be in the room" when the Navy SEALS busted into Osama's house and gunned him down, but what has he done that has produced any benefit for this country all the other days he's been in office?

Trinnity
09-19-2012, 09:32 AM
Yes, he happened to "be in the room" when the Navy SEALS busted into Osama's house and gunned him down, but what has he done that has produced any benefit for this country all the other days he's been in office?Panetta had to beg him to give the GO on the mission. Obamadrama was worried if it went bad, it would reflect on HIM!

Well, it did after all. All that bragging....they hate him in the ME, and us too - all the more.

Way ta go - spiking the football over and over and over. :douchebag:

Cigar
09-19-2012, 10:13 AM
Yes, watching Romney slice-and-dice Obama's ass on any topic having to do with his regime's record, or the economy will be worthy of at least three bags of popcorn and two six-packs of Samuel Adam's best! But the best entertainment will be watching Paul Ryan rip Biden to pieces like a chainsaw on "turbo". I'll be sure to have the Tivo recording that so I can preserve it for all time!

Seriously, Cigar, what have Obama/Biden got to run on but failure, broken promises, malfeasance, and stupidity? I'll be the first to agree that "W" Bush was no paragon of presidential perfection (not at all!), but c'mon -- be honest! Obama is an abject fuck-up, from the moment he stumbled through the Oath of Office right up to today. Yes, he happened to "be in the room" when the Navy SEALS busted into Osama's house and gunned him down, but what has he done that has produced any benefit for this country all the other days he's been in office?

You do know that the Navy Seals wouldn't be in that Room, let alone that hemisphere, without The Man - President Obama's orders and permission ... yea that's right ... the United States Navy Seals are not a rogue military ... they follow Orders from the President or The United States; Barack Obama!

Deal with it ... sport.

Cigar
09-19-2012, 10:14 AM
Panetta had to beg him to give the GO on the mission. Obamadrama was worried if it went bad, it would reflect on HIM!

Well, it did after all. All that bragging....they hate him in the ME, and us too - all the more.

Way ta go - spiking the football over and over and over. :douchebag:

I'm sure you'll post a "factual" link for back up what you say ... lets wait and see.

pollycy
09-20-2012, 07:45 AM
You do know that the Navy Seals wouldn't be in that Room, let alone that hemisphere, without The Man - President Obama's orders and permission ... yea that's right ... the United States Navy Seals are not a rogue military ... they follow Orders from the President or The United States; Barack Obama!

Deal with it ... sport.

Interesting, and it reminds me of the overall inadvisability of taking control away from military field commanders and putting it in the hands of a "Führer". Example: the German Wehrmacht was poised to completely destroy the British Expeditionary Force at Dunkirk, but for reasons that have never been made clear, Hitler himself decided to let the British escape with little loss than the equipment they left on the French shore. Or, the German Luftwaffe was about three weeks away from bombing Great Britain into a forced surrender by concentrating relentlessly on military targets when Air Marshall Hermann Goering and Hitler decided to change the mission and just indiscriminately start bombing the British civilian population. So, German bombs were essentially wasted bombing houses, businesses, churches, and schools, instead of continuing the tight focus on weapons factories, munitions warehouses, aerodromes, docks and harbors, etc., etc.

Back to the Osama take-down... if Obama had a protocol in place that said, "Nobody goes after Osama until or unless I personally approve it", then that was functionally stupid in the same kind of way as Hitler and the "high command". But, it would be consistent with the way that Obama runs his entire presidency -- an autocracy, without any regard for Congress, the Supreme Court, or anyone but himself. Sieg heil!

Trinnity
09-20-2012, 07:52 AM
I'm sure you'll post a "factual" link for back up what you say ... lets wait and see.Do your own research. (cartoons don't count) I don't do homework for you.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/-PMtqVD0TNNI/UB1QNHmie9I/AAAAAAAAkv0/Wxxup83qZ5s/obama-spikes-football_thumb[6].jpg
Obama to Seal Team Six:
How 'bout you do all the work, and I take all the credit?

He can take credit for making a bad economy worse. He owns that one. His record sucks.

Stuck_In_California
09-20-2012, 07:54 AM
The insult is that Willard Mitt Romney and his supports don't, can't or won't see as an insult in his statement.......

The insult is that a braindead idiot like you is screwing up our gene pool.

Cigar
09-20-2012, 08:23 AM
The insult is that a braindead idiot like you is screwing up our gene pool.

Family Reunion - why weren't you in the Pictures
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/chasc5/trash.jpg

Cigar
09-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Do your own research. (cartoons don't count) I don't do homework for you.

He can take credit for making a bad economy worse. He owns that one. His record sucks.

I didn't think you would find any ... :)

Stuck_In_California
09-20-2012, 08:27 AM
He's posting the same subject several times so as to distract you all from the dismembering of his other post on the topic that I just carried out...........
Exactly right. Thats what idiots like Cigar do, they flood forums with the same threads multiple times because they can't argue with actual adults.

Now he's just posting dumb pictures like the schoolyard dimwit he is.

Cigar
09-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Exactly right. Thats what idiots like Cigar do, they flood forums with the same threads multiple times because they can't argue with actual adults.

Now he's just posting dumb pictures like the schoolyard dimwit he is.

You girls need to get a room. :)