PDA

View Full Version : #NeverTrump vs. #NeverHillary

Peter1469
04-01-2016, 10:58 AM
33% who feel the Bern will never vote Hillary (http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001808).

I imagine even more of Hillary supporters wouldn't bother voting for Bernie. They likely wouldn't make a big deal out of it; just stay home.

Pulling cross-tab data from a recent survey, The Wall Street Journal caught the media's attention with a headline (http://www.wsj.com/video/poll-33-of-sanders-supporters-wouldnt-vote-for-clinton/69C05055-85FE-4320-8D02-3EAC972CACD0.html) saying that 33 percent of Bernie Sanders supporters couldn't see themselves voting for Hillary Clinton in the general election.

"In a year when political outsiders in both parties appear to be capitalizing on voter support, the view among Sanders supporters that Clinton is the embodiment of establishment politics could prove to be a liability," the story states.

Quicksilver
04-01-2016, 11:10 AM
No... The Dems will vote en mass for whoever the nominee is.. Not stayin' home this time..

Ethereal
04-01-2016, 11:20 AM
No... The Dems will vote en mass for whoever the nominee is.. Not stayin' home this time..

Do Democrats think if they say something over and over again that it will become true? It seems like they do. Granted, you might be right and Democrats will turn out in large numbers. But you might be wrong. The point is you have no idea. Yet you make this assertion as if you knew it were true. It's something I see Democrats do regularly. XYZ is true just because you say so.

Peter1469
04-01-2016, 11:38 AM

Seems like 33% of the Bernie supporters disagree with you. That is a lot of people.

Quicksilver
04-01-2016, 11:50 AM
Do Democrats think if they say something over and over again that it will become true? It seems like they do. Granted, you might be right and Democrats will turn out in large numbers. But you might be wrong. The point is you have no idea. Yet you make this assertion as if you knew it were true. It's something I see Democrats do regularly. XYZ is true just because you say so.

Just like the Republicans who keep saying Hillary will be indicted? ahahahahahh

Mac-7
04-01-2016, 01:11 PM
33% who feel the Bern will never vote Hillary (http://www.weeklystandard.com/article/2001808).

I imagine even more of Hillary supporters wouldn't bother voting for Bernie. They likely wouldn't make a big deal out of it; just stay home.

I respectfully disagree

hillary voters will support anyone the democrats nominate

Peter1469
04-01-2016, 01:23 PM
I respectfully disagree

hillary voters will support anyone the democrats nominate

I think a lot of them won't bother voting. Black people in the south will not bother with the polls if Bernie takes up the (D) slot.

Never happen.

Common Sense
04-01-2016, 01:26 PM
I could see them having a change of heart at the prospect of "President Trump".

Hopefully they wont be like some Republicans who would see their country suffer to spite their political rivals.

The Xl
04-01-2016, 01:41 PM
The country will be significantly worse off with Hillary Clinton. I find it funny that liberals are taking the offensive discrediting anyone when they're running Hillary Clinton of all people.

Peter1469
04-01-2016, 01:41 PM
I could see them having a change of heart at the prospect of "President Trump".

Hopefully they wont be like some Republicans who would see their country suffer to spite their political rivals.

How so?

Green Arrow
04-01-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm a member of the 33%.

Common Sense
04-01-2016, 01:49 PM
I'm a member of the 33%.

So if Clinton is nominated and faces Trump, you'll just stay home?

Which would be worse for America in your opinion, a Trump or Clinton presidency?

Green Arrow
04-01-2016, 01:51 PM

Which would be worse for America in your opinion, a Trump or Clinton presidency?

Why is "stay home" always the assumption? No, I won't stay home. I'll simply choose one of several other options that are not named Clinton or Trump.

To answer your question, Trump might be marginally worse than Clinton. It's hard to say, since nobody actually knows just what the hell President Trump would actually do.

Peter1469
04-01-2016, 01:52 PM

That is the game America has played for the last several election cycles.

Pick on of these two clowns are you are a bad person.

Break the cycle.

Ethereal
04-01-2016, 04:05 PM
Just like the Republicans who keep saying Hillary will be indicted? ahahahahahh

I'm not a Republican, and I've informed you of this several times, yet you insist on misrepresenting the truth. Really, you're just proving my point about Democrat party loyalists who think XYZ is true just because they say it is. You guys couldn't care less about the truth.

As for whether or not crooked Clinton gets indicted, I couldn't say. Unlike you, I don't pretend I can predict the future. I strongly suspect she won't be indicted, because she, like most of the elites, are above the law. But that doesn't mean she didn't do anything wrong. Petraeus got a slap on the wrist for his malfeasance, but at least he got a slap. We'll see if the upper echelons of the federal government are corrupt enough to let Clinton totally slide. I suspect they are.

Ethereal
04-01-2016, 04:09 PM
The country will be significantly worse off with Hillary Clinton. I find it funny that liberals are taking the offensive discrediting anyone when they're running Hillary Clinton of all people.

:rofl:

So true!

Ethereal
04-01-2016, 04:22 PM
Why is "stay home" always the assumption? No, I won't stay home. I'll simply choose one of several other options that are not named Clinton or Trump.

To answer your question, Trump might be marginally worse than Clinton. It's hard to say, since nobody actually knows just what the hell President Trump would actually do.

I have a generalized idea of what he'll try to do. And I believe it more than anything Clinton says. Yes, Trump constantly occupies vagaries and contradictions, but so does Clinton, and I have a pretty good idea of what she'll try to do if she's President. Trump, I believe, will just to be some kind of pragmatic nationalist who tries to balance the national interests in a self-interested nationalist sort of way. And Clinton will just do whatever will make her and her family richer and more powerful. If her interests happen to coincide in some way with the national interests, then she'll see it as a bonus. But she won't go out of her way to make it happen. Hillary comes first. I sincerely believe that Trump just wants to try and run things properly in order to satisfy his own sense of pride and nationalism. To be honest, he sounds like a lot of people I know in every day life, and they're a thousand times more honest than Hillary Clinton, even if they're not as slick as she is. Granted, these people are not Socrates, but they typically believe in some kind of common sense nationalism and are sincere about it. Certainly, I could be wrong, and Trump is just some kind of puppet or con artist, but we already know Clinton is a puppet and a con artist, so it makes more sense, assuming God forced you into a theoretical position where you were made to vote for either of them, I would just go with Trump because there is actually a chance he would be a somewhat decent President. And it's not like Trump will have free reign to do whatever he wants. He still has to work with the Congress, the courts, and state and local governments. If he started getting out of hand, they could obstruct him. But it's not a dichotomy between Trump and Clinton, and we do have other choices. And that's why I'm going to support Gary Johnson. I don't know if I'll vote for him yet, but I'll probably donate him some money and lend him some social support. At a bare minimum, we should at least try to get a third party voice into the debates, just to shake things up. And if Bernie somehow decided to run third party, I'd think about donating to him, too, and largely for the same reasons I would support Trump over Clinton.