PDA

View Full Version : tPF Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies

Chris
04-03-2016, 09:35 AM
O! the irony.

Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies (http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/01/hillary-clinton-so-sick-and-tired-of-ber)

The "fundamentally honest and trustworthy" Hillary Clinton said on the campaign trail she was "so sick" of the "lies" told about her by the Sanders campaign. Clinton was responding to a Greenpeace activist who challenged her about accepting money from fossil fuel companies.

"I do not have that kind of money from people who work for fossil-fuel companies," she claimed, while Bernie Sanders came out later and pointed out Clinton had "lobbyists working for the oil, gas, and coal industry" raising money from her. The Clinton campaign insists it doesn't receive money from energy companies themselves or political action committees associated with them.

Clinton's complaint is rich not just because she is a serial liar and prevaricator, but because it is about a tactic she and her Democratic cohorts (and Donald Trump!) have used for decades—maligning an opposing side based on who might be supporting them with their money rather than actually engaging opposing political positions....

Seems for both parties lying has become a major political issue.

PolWatch
04-03-2016, 09:45 AM
This campaign has seen the repub party campaigning almost continuously from the mud. The leading dem candidate has personified the politician owned by large donors and plagued by honesty questions. I suspect many voters are sick & tired of the entire farce.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 09:57 AM
Bernie is running a clean election by US standards. She is just spouting off in her shrill Hillary voice.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 10:08 AM
Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies
I'd be interested to hear what she says these lies are? Is he lying when he keeps asking her to release the transcripts of her speeches? Is he lying when he brings up her campaign finance history?

While I'm not a Sanders supporter, he's running a solid, honest campaign

What are these lies?

PolWatch
04-03-2016, 10:09 AM
Bernie is running a clean election by US standards. She is just spouting off in her shrill Hillary voice.

True. Most of his platform has no chance of ever being implemented. Having a candidate with a consistent record is a nice change. Compared to the lying, name calling and mud slinging, he looks like Mr. Clean.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 10:17 AM
That's just NONSENSE... and misogyny at work. The male candidates can yell at each other.. Talk about someone's ugly wife.. Cruz was really pissed that that one.. and called Trump a sniveling coward.. They can talk about each others penis size... and that's just Okie dokie... Let a woman get pissed and she's SHRILL? Women never seem to be allowed to get mad like men do.. or they are "ball busters" "Harpies" and of course "shrill"..... I said it before in another thread. Fuck off guys...

PolWatch
04-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Quicksilver - I agree with your statement until the last sentence. We have seen many remarks attacking Clinton's appearance, clothing & demeanor. There have been few (if any) similar remarks about the males (Trump has received attention for his hair style & complexion). Of course, some of those people also think the physical appearance of the prospective First Ladies is a factor in who could run the nation.....

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 10:23 AM
That's just NONSENSE... and misogyny at work. The male candidates can yell at each other.. Talk about someone's ugly wife.. Cruz was really pissed that that one.. and called Trump a sniveling coward.. They can talk about each others penis size... and that's just Okie dokie... Let a woman get pissed and she's SHRILL? Women never seem to be allowed to get mad like men do.. or they are "ball busters" "Harpies" and of course "shrill"..... I said it before in another thread. Fuck off guys...

Don't be Quick to move the goal posts, Silver. :wink:

Focus: this is about Hillary harping on Bernie for what she calls his dishonest campaign.

Still focused? Then respond to that. Shift the goal posts after.

Chris
04-03-2016, 10:25 AM

If Hillary is National candidate expect the left to castigate any criticism as misogyny.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 10:26 AM

Now, with your goal post issue:

Women who operate in the world need to understand that men are turned off by loud shrill noises. I can't listen to a thing Palin says because she squeaks.

When I was in Korea the last time as a lawyer I had 28 company commanders that I advised. A couple were women. One would yell in a shrill voice. He troops borderline ignored her. I pulled her aside and told her that. I then said speak with a calm yet determined voice. There was more to it than that. But it worked.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 10:34 AM
Her screeching goes through your head like a nail....

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0

Ravens Fan
04-03-2016, 10:42 AM
@Quicksilver (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1900) - I agree with your statement until the last sentence. We have seen many remarks attacking Clinton's appearance, clothing & demeanor. There have been few (if any) similar remarks about the males (Trump has received attention for his hair style & complexion). Of course, some of those people also think the physical appearance of the prospective First Ladies is a factor in who could run the nation.....

I have to disagree on the idea that Hillary is the only one being attacked on her appearance, clothing and demeanor.

Chris Christie was constantly attacked for being overweight and a loudmouth.

One of the main reasons people give for not liking Cruz is that he looks creepy.

How many criticisms of Trump start with either his hair or his orange complexion? You noted that he received attention, but that is an understatement if ever I heard one.

Carly Fiorina was said to be ugly.

Bernie Sanders is attacked because of his age, even though Hillary is close in age to him, but he looks older. He has also been attacked on his hair.

IMO, Hillary does sound shrill, I cant even stand to listen to her voice. That has nothing to do with her gender, it's her voice. If women want to jump into the ring, they better have thick skins. Politics is a dirty, dirty game, unfortunately.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 10:49 AM
I have to disagree on the idea that Hillary is the only one being attacked on her appearance, clothing and demeanor.

One of the main reasons people give for not liking Cruz is that he looks creepy.

How many criticisms of Trump start with either his hair or his orange complexion? You noted that he received attention, but that is an understatement if ever I heard one.

Bernie Sanders is attacked because of his age, even though Hillary is close in age to him, but he looks older. He has also been attacked on his hair.

IMO, Hillary does sound shrill, I cant even stand to listen to her voice. That has nothing to do with her gender, it's her voice. If women want to jump into the ring, they better have thick skins. Politics is a dirty, dirty game, unfortunately.

I always defended Carly from those charges. She is pretty damn good looking for her age.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 10:54 AM

Women who operate in the world need to understand that men are turned off by loud shrill noises. I can't listen to a thing Palin says because she squeaks.

When I was in Korea the last time as a lawyer I had 28 company commanders that I advised. A couple were women. One would yell in a shrill voice. He troops borderline ignored her. I pulled her aside and told her that. I then said speak with a calm yet determined voice. There was more to it than that. But it worked.

Are you deliberately baiting me? There has been plenty of screaming and ranting by the male candidates... doesn't that turn you off too? Bernie Sanders can be cranky and curmudgeonly and that' s just fine.. There should not be different standards for women... and particularly for Clinton. This makes you guys look like a$$holes.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 11:16 AM

Yes, the screeching is unbearable. However, some are at least watchable with the sound off and some aren't.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 11:17 AM
Are you deliberately baiting me? There has been plenty of screaming and ranting by the male candidates... doesn't that turn you off too? Bernie Sanders can be cranky and curmudgeonly and that' s just fine.. There should not be different standards for women... and particularly for Clinton. This makes you guys look like a$$holes.

Theres a difference between raising your voice and just screeching.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 11:28 AM

It does seem that some people only object to the personal attacks upon their chosen candidate. Most of those people participate zealously in attacking the opponant of their favorite.

Chris
04-03-2016, 11:39 AM

Agree, shrill screaming on both side.

Curmudgeon, hmm, no, that's OK....

http://i.snag.gy/uIf7l.jpg

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 11:42 AM

Your straw man design needs some work.

Chris
04-03-2016, 11:54 AM
Your straw man design needs some work.

http://i.snag.gy/liJ2u.jpg

The Xl
04-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Sanders made a mistake playing nice with this vile witch.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 12:17 PM

I don't think so. He's done well so far and if he tried to play politics as usual it would come across hollow.

He can beat her doing exactly what he's doing: telling the truth about her record.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 12:42 PM

It is the high pitched shrill.

Man brain says- high pitch shrill. Make it go away.

And the guy ignores the woman.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 12:47 PM
It is the high pitched shrill.

Man brain says- high pitch shrill. Make it go away.

And the guy ignores the woman.You must mean that alley brawler (and wannabe vice President) Sarah Palin. Now THAT is the "fingernails on the chalk board screech".

Chris
04-03-2016, 01:02 PM
Enough on shrilling, the topic is shilling. Hillary's.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 01:16 PM
You must mean that alley brawler (and wannabe vice President) Sarah Palin. Now THAT is the "fingernails on the chalk board screech".

I mentioned her by name above.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 02:16 PM

I believe he should go after her a little harder on her obvious ethical and honesty issues.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 02:19 PM
You must mean that alley brawler (and wannabe vice President) Sarah Palin. Now THAT is the "fingernails on the chalk board screech".

I mentioned her by name above.

Yes, you mentioned her specifically, but people like AZ Jim think that in order to be fair or objective, you must mention her in every post in which you criticize Hillary Clinton.

del
04-03-2016, 02:22 PM

and we call them assholes, but you're right

fair is fair

hillary is as much of an asshole as trump and cruz

happy now?

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Yes, you mentioned her specifically, but people like @AZ Jim (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1901) think that in order to be fair or objective, you must mention her in every post in which you criticize Hillary Clinton.It would be nice if people like Tahuyaman wouldn't tell me or others what we think.

del
04-03-2016, 02:26 PM
"I do not have that kind of money from people who work for fossil-fuel companies," she claimed

of course not.

people who work have better things to do with their money.

she gets it from the people that the people that work for the oil companis work for.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 02:30 PM
It would be nice if people like Tahuyaman wouldn't tell me or others how we think.

Then you should stop broadcasting how you think.

maineman
04-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Yes, you mentioned her specifically, but people like AZ Jim think that in order to be fair or objective, you must mention her in every post in which you criticize Hillary Clinton.

I have never seen that opinion voiced by anyone here.

Tahuyaman
04-03-2016, 08:54 PM
I have never seen that opinion voiced by anyone here.

Why do you suppose he had to bring up Palin when the subject was Hillary Clinton?

Of course, most liberals do seem to be obsessed with Palin.

michiganFats
04-03-2016, 11:24 PM
Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/60894-Hillary-Clinton-So-Sick-and-Tired-of-Bernie-Sanders-Campaign-Lies)
It's a Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

maineman
04-03-2016, 11:30 PM
Why do you suppose he had to bring up Palin when the subject was Hillary Clinton?

Of course, most liberals do seem to be obsessed with Palin.you said "every post". That is nothing more than your usual hyperbolic bullshit.

Hal Jordan
04-04-2016, 12:35 AM

Misogyny? Bullshit. Trump is shrill too. The person you're responding to never said that bullshit was okay, and your pretending that is the case is disingenuous at best. Just because one person may be fine with this shit from men doesn't mean everyone is. It's like those that bitch about appearance, but then say Bernie doesn't look presidential enough. Everyone in the presidential race is judged by people for things that have nothing to do with how they would be as President. At the very least, this has been the case since elections were televised. As much as I respect JFK, television is the reason he was elected.

In fact, misogyny would be blaming every criticism of Hillary on the fact that she is a woman.

How's this for fair? Hillary is a piece of sit. Trump is a piece of shit. Cruz is a piece of shit. America is going to get fucked over royally by any of these options.

zelmo1234
04-04-2016, 03:03 AM

Yes but that was constructive criticism. these attacks on Hillary are different, I am sure, Not sure why but I am guessing that our liberal friends will tell us.

Tahuyaman
04-04-2016, 09:01 AM
you said "every post". That is nothing more than your usual hyperbolic bull$#@!.

Good gawd.......

Tahuyaman
04-04-2016, 09:02 AM
Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies (http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/60894-Hillary-Clinton-So-Sick-and-Tired-of-Bernie-Sanders-Campaign-Lies)

It's a Vast Left-Wing Conspiracy.

Interesting observation.....

Cigar
04-04-2016, 09:07 AM
O! the irony.

Hillary Clinton So Sick and Tired of Bernie Sanders Campaign Lies (http://reason.com/blog/2016/04/01/hillary-clinton-so-sick-and-tired-of-ber)

Chris I have a good friend who is a Executive VP at BP in Warrenville IL.

He's supports Hillary and he's given to her Campaign.

So does that mean he's getting anything from Hillary?

Next!

Chris
04-04-2016, 09:37 AM
Chris I have a good friend who is a Executive VP at BP in Warrenville IL.

He's supports Hillary and he's given to her Campaign.

So does that mean he's getting anything from Hillary?

Next!

No, it doesn't. That's the whole issue with campaign finance reform though, first, that contributions may be for favors or may be because you support the candidate, and second, that some are not rent seeking does not imply the candidate isn't engaging in crony capitalism. The focus needs to be on candidate, not contributor.

Mini Me
04-04-2016, 11:15 PM
O! the irony.

The biggest liar will win!

Mini Me
04-04-2016, 11:18 PM
No, it doesn't. That's the whole issue with campaign finance reform though, first, that contributions may be for favors or may be because you support the candidate, and second, that some are not rent seeking does not imply the candidate isn't engaging in crony capitalism. The focus needs to be on candidate, not contributor.

Sure. Just ignor the men behind the curtain!

You must love Citizens United!