PDA

View Full Version : tPF Democrats: Convince me to vote for Hillary

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 02:34 PM
There'll be a thread like this for Republicans too, fyi.

As things stand, I will not be voting for Hillary. I have my reasons, but as always, I maintain an open mind. So, I'd like to see some rational, reasonable, intelligent arguments to persuade me to vote for your candidate.

Keep in mind that Donald Trump fearmongering is not rational, reasonable, or intelligent. You'll have to keep it based on the issues.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 02:49 PM
Why ask? Oh well, this should be entertaining at least. :smiley:

JVV
04-03-2016, 03:00 PM
/subscribed

Bo-4
04-03-2016, 03:51 PM

As things stand, I will not be voting for Hillary. I have my reasons, but as always, I maintain an open mind. So, I'd like to see some rational, reasonable, intelligent arguments to persuade me to vote for your candidate.

Keep in mind that Donald Trump fearmongering is not rational, reasonable, or intelligent. You'll have to keep it based on the issues.

I'd be the wrong guy to ask GA ...

The ONLY way i vote for the snippy lil beotch is if Republicans put up Tailgunner Ted Cruz (who is more dangerous than Trump) or i can't find a third party candidate i find palatable.

Which .. i have in Gary Johnson.

Btw.. did you know that probable murderer, horrid software inventor and and world class nut John McAfee is running for president?

Oh fer fuck.

http://www.bealibertarian.com

http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/McAfee.jpg

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 03:56 PM
I'll be voting Hillary Clinton and my reasons are:
(1) She supports the principles of the Democrat party which benefit those who are taken advantage of by republicans.
(2) I am a almost 80 year old man who is voting to help ensure longevity of social programs that I need to survive.
(3) She will not perform based upon religious beliefs.
(4) She will have the benefit of Bill Clinton's council.
(5) Her Democrat opponent (Sanders) is a dreamer and has no grasp of the cost of his proposals.
(6) She is not a hothead or opportunist like both Trump and Cruz are.

Mark III
04-03-2016, 03:58 PM
Hillary Clinton is the lesser of all the available evils, based on there being four viable candidates Clinton, Sanders, Trump and Cruz. I would like to say Sanders is the lesser of all the evils, but the "evil" he represents is losing the November election to Trump or Cruz.

And, I think it is far more likely that Hillary Clinton is the victim of a two decades long wingnut effort to smear her , by falsifying or exaggerating her "misdeeds" , than it is likely a Hillary Clinton presidency would bring the downfall of or seriously damage the Republic.

I wish we had better candidates, or that Sanders "revolution" 's time had come (it hasn't yet), but we don't.

Hillary over the Republican is a no brainer.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 04:00 PM
(1) She supports the principles of the Democrat party which benefit those who are taken advantage of by republicans.
(2) I am a almost 80 year old man who is voting to help ensure longevity of social programs that I need to survive.
(5) Her Democrat opponent (Sanders) is a dreamer and has no grasp of the cost of his proposals.
(6) She is not a hothead or opportunist like both Trump and Cruz are.

If you are not dependent on government handouts then I do feel sorry for your devotion to the party of the State.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 04:03 PM
If you are not dependent on government handouts then I do feel sorry for your devotion to the party of the State.

I believe he is talking about Social Security and Medicare.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Hillary Clinton is the lesser of all the available evils, based on there being four viable candidates Clinton, Sanders, Trump and Cruz. I would like to say Sanders is the lesser of all the evils, but the "evil" he represents is losing the November election to Trump or Cruz.

And, I think it is far more likely that Hillary Clinton is the victim of a two decades long wingnut effort to smear her , by falsifying or exaggerating her "misdeeds" , than it is likely a Hillary Clinton presidency would bring the downfall of or seriously damage the Republic.

I wish we had better candidates, or that Sanders "revolution" 's time had come (it hasn't yet), but we don't.

Hillary over the Republican is a no brainer.

Great.

Why?

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 04:15 PM
If you are not dependent on government handouts then I do feel sorry for your devotion to the party of the State. To clarify for you Peter, I have never taken a dime of welfare money in my life. I went to my first employment at age 16. I could not afford college so I went into the military and after my honorable discharge there I went to work in gas stations, then camera shops, I then became a photo journalist in Southern California. When I decided I needed to think about my future I found a job with General Dynamics in San Diego, I started in 1960 at $2.08 as a stock clerk in the photo lab, I worked my way up to a job as a material usage analyst and from there I was promoted to a Operations Supervisor, from there to Project Administrator. I spent 30 years with GD and retired in 1991. I receive a pension and social security, I have medicare, a wife with medical issues and I mean to try and protect my needs as best I can.

Boris The Animal
04-03-2016, 04:16 PM
(6) She is not a hothead or opportunist like both Trump and Cruz are.^^^Proof positive that all Democrats are either idiots or die hard Communists.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 04:17 PM
I believe he is talking about Social Security and Medicare.You are 100% correct. Repubs have been after those programs since Hector was a pup.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 04:18 PM
^^^Proof positive that all Democrats are either idiots or die hard Communists.You, on the other hand, are easier to define. You are a simple troll.

Boris The Animal
04-03-2016, 04:20 PM
You, on the other hand, are easier to define. You are a simple troll.
So you just admitted that you are either a Communist, idiot, or both. I, OTOH, am a real American, one who does not depend on big daddy government to wipe my ass.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
So you just admitted that you are either a Communist, idiot, or both. I, OTOH, am a real American, one who does not depend on big daddy government to wipe my ass.From your statements, you most likely use your hand...

Mark III
04-03-2016, 04:22 PM
Great.

Why?

Why what?

Donald Trump is the worst major party presidential candidate in American history.

Ted Cruz has pledged to , as president, create the most conservative Supreme Court in U.S. history.

I don't need any more reasons to support Clinton, the most well positioned candidate to defeat the two GOP clowns.

Boris The Animal
04-03-2016, 04:26 PM
Why what?

Donald Trump is the worst major party presidential candidate in American history.

Ted Cruz has pledged to , as president, create the most conservative Supreme Court in U.S. history.

I don't need any more reasons to support Clinton, the most well positioned candidate to defeat the two GOP clowns.We need a more Conservative SCOTUS, if anything, to stop you Communists.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 04:33 PM
We need a more Conservative SCOTUS, if anything, to stop you Communists.F'ng idiot doesn't even know what a communist is but mommy did buy him a computer.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 04:40 PM
Why what?

I don't need any more reasons to support Clinton, the most well positioned candidate to defeat the two GOP clowns.

Why support Hillary Clinton? On the issues, mind. I disagree completely that "she can beat the other guys" is sufficient justification to support her.

Mark III
04-03-2016, 04:48 PM
Why support Hillary Clinton? On the issues, mind. I disagree completely that "she can beat the other guys" is sufficient justification to support her.

You've got to be kidding. Voting for the lesser of two evils is a time honored tradition and well reasoned rationale for voting a certain way.

OK, Clinton is a steady hand, well versed in national and international issues, who wants to promote "moderate progressivism" in national politics and policy.

Dr. Who
04-03-2016, 04:49 PM
^^^Proof positive that all Democrats are either idiots or die hard Communists.Boris the Animal has been thread banned at the request of the OP, please do not respond to this member's posts.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 04:52 PM
I believe he is talking about Social Security and Medicare.

That must be a very horrible place to be- dependent on SS.

SS to me will be fun money. It is not factored into my retirement plan at all. I doubt I will get it. But if I do, hello Europe.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 04:54 PM
To clarify for you Peter, I have never taken a dime of welfare money in my life. I went to my first employment at age 16. I could not afford college so I went into the military and after my honorable discharge there I went to work in gas stations, then camera shops, I then became a photo journalist in Southern California. When I decided I needed to think about my future I found a job with General Dynamics in San Diego, I started in 1960 at $2.08 as a stock clerk in the photo lab, I worked my way up to a job as a material usage analyst and from there I was promoted to a Operations Supervisor, from there to Project Administrator. I spent 30 years with GD and retired in 1991. I receive a pension and social security, I have medicare, a wife with medical issues and I mean to try and protect my needs as best I can.

At least you don't need SS to put food on the table. That would be a horrible existence.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
You've got to be kidding. Voting for the lesser of two evils is a time honored tradition and well reasoned rationale for voting a certain way.

OK, Clinton is a steady hand, well versed in national and international issues, who wants to promote "moderate progressivism" in national politics and policy.

No, I'm not kidding. I know the issues take a backseat to nonsense these days, but they are still my number one priority.

If you had a choice between Hitler and Stalin, would you really vote for Hitler just because he was a lesser evil than Stalin?

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 05:00 PM
At least you don't need SS to put food on the table. That would be a horrible existence.You don't know that. My pension is not like the fat cats get. You also don't know what expenses I've incurred in my lifetime that could drown many. See, that is the problem with republicans, they equate others lives as being like theirs. Others fortunes being as theirs.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:04 PM
You don't know that. My pension is not like the fat cats get. You also don't know what expenses I've incurred in my lifetime that could drown many. See, that is the problem with republicans, they equate others lives as being like theirs. Others fortunes being as theirs.

Not at all my point. Also, I am not a republican. I left the party in 2006 when they were spending like drunken democrats.

If SS is your safety net, you are in bad shape. SS is a horrible investment plan. I don't take any joy in your predicament.

I don't mean any offense.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 05:10 PM

SS to me will be fun money. It is not factored into my retirement plan at all. I doubt I will get it. But if I do, hello Europe.That is so typical of those who had the breaks in life. Not at all like those who were suddenly in possession of cancer and exhausted their insurance in the fight to stay alive and had to depend on small SS checks. My Mom was one of those. My brother and I (at the time not really able to) gave her thousands to help until she passed a few years later. I think people who consider SS as "throwaway money" are despicable.

Bo-4
04-03-2016, 05:14 PM

Yes, but trolls are never simple.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 05:22 PM

SS to me will be fun money. It is not factored into my retirement plan at all. I doubt I will get it. But if I do, hello Europe.

If that's the case... You need to turn down your SS... leave it to those that really need it.. Right? I just hope you don't run into a streak of bad luck... lose your job.... get an illness that runs up hundreds of thousands in medical bill draining your resources.. You just better hope you stay lucky..

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 05:25 PM
That is so typical of those who had the breaks in life. Not at all like those who were suddenly in possession of cancer and exhausted their insurance in the fight to stay alive and had to depend on small SS checks. My Mom was one of those. My brother and I (at the time not really able to) gave her thousands to help until she passed a few years later. I think people who consider SS as "throwaway money" are despicable.

That's the deal with most Republicans.. They are unable to feel compassion or empathy for people that simply are not as lucky as they are.. However, you can be sure that if and when their luck runs out.. they will be first in line for the "hand outs".. You can count on it.

hanger4
04-03-2016, 05:34 PM
If that's the case... You need to turn down your SS... leave it to those that really need it.. Right? I just hope you don't run into a streak of bad luck... lose your job.... get an illness that runs up hundreds of thousands in medical bill draining your resources.. You just better hope you stay lucky..

"leave it to those that really need it"

It's his money why would he do that ??

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 05:37 PM
"leave it to those that really need it"

It's his money why would he do that ??

Actually it's not.. It comes out of the pockets of current workers.. His money went to pay his grandma's benefits.. and MY grandma's for that matter..

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:43 PM
That is so typical of those who had the breaks in life. Not at all like those who were suddenly in possession of cancer and exhausted their insurance in the fight to stay alive and had to depend on small SS checks. My Mom was one of those. My brother and I (at the time not really able to) gave her thousands to help until she passed a few years later. I think people who consider SS as "throwaway money" are despicable.

I am going through the same stuff. Next month my mom will be 24 months past the date her docs told her she would be dead. And she isn't doing well.

I just never included SS in my retirement plans. So if I get any, it is a slush fund, so to speak.

Anyway, I didn't intend for it to get personal. Apologies.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:47 PM
If that's the case... You need to turn down your SS... leave it to those that really need it..

Why? I paid into it.

Right? I just hope you don't run into a streak of bad luck... lose your job.... get an illness that runs up hundreds of thousands in medical bill draining your resources.. You just better hope you stay lucky..

I have long term care insurance. It is expensive, but it solves those issues. And it serves as a tax free account that you can dip into if you are healthy when you are older and don't need the long term care.

Poor high school student. Army, college, law school, army, and a decent job. Good planning.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:48 PM
That's the deal with most Republicans.. They are unable to feel compassion or empathy for people that simply are not as lucky as they are.. However, you can be sure that if and when their luck runs out.. they will be first in line for the "hand outs".. You can count on it.

I am not a republican.

Stereotype much. I decided a question mark would be inappropriate.

hanger4
04-03-2016, 05:49 PM
Actually it's not.. It comes out of the pockets of current workers.. His money went to pay his grandma's benefits.. and MY grandma's for that matter..

I guess that letter the SS Office sent telling me how much I paid in was a lie.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 05:50 PM
I think what makes me a Democrat is my ability to realize that not everyone gets the same breaks.. Not everyone is given the same tools to succeed.. and not everyone is born on third base. It has nothing to do with being lazy or unwilling to work.. Sometimes people just don't have the opportunities that others have. It's these people that we as a society have to prop up.. What is the alternative? Let them die or starve.. or beg in the streets? They are Americans.. and this isn't Calcutta.. with the untouchables roaming the streets. I don't understand what kind of mental aberrance allows people to delight in others misfortunes and stand by judging as others suffer..

birddog
04-03-2016, 05:50 PM
I would vote for Hillary as a juror: TWENTY FIVE TO LIFE AT LEAVENWORTH!

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:51 PM

Yes, it is a Ponzi Scheme.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 05:51 PM
Why? I paid into it.

I have long term care insurance. It is expensive, but it solves those issues. And it serves as a tax free account that you can dip into if you are healthy when you are older and don't need the long term care.

Poor high school student. Army, college, law school, army, and a decent job. Good planning.

Well whooptie doo for you... Your are SOOO special...

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:53 PM
I think what makes me a Democrat is my ability to realize that not everyone gets the same breaks.. Not everyone is given the same tools to succeed.. and not everyone is born on third base. It has nothing to do with being lazy or unwilling to work.. Sometimes people just don't have the opportunities that others have. It's these people that we as a society have to prop up.. What is the alternative? Let them die or starve.. or beg in the streets? They are Americans.. and this isn't Calcutta.. with the untouchables roaming the streets. I don't understand what kind of mental aberrance allows people to delight in others misfortunes and stand by judging as others suffer..

Get the government off people's necks and they have a better chance to succeed.

Or guarantee them a lowest common denominator existence with SS in old age. That is a sad outlook on life.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 05:54 PM

Not at all. That is the point.

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 06:01 PM
Get the government off people's necks and they have a better chance to succeed.

Or guarantee them a lowest common denominator existence with SS in old age. That is a sad outlook on life.

That's a lot of Bull$hit and double talk... taken straight from the Echochamber..

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 06:10 PM
That's a lot of Bull$hit and double talk... taken straight from the Echochamber..

Can you explain that, or is it a slogan?

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 06:10 PM
L = total government
R = zero government

start at the far right. sprinkle government as you move left

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 06:12 PM

Why are you avoiding the question of the OP?

Crepitus
04-03-2016, 06:32 PM
I suspect we will eventually find out that Boris is a 35 year old virgin living in this moms basement paying for his internet connection with his welfare check and surviving on pizza rolls and keystone light.

So you just admitted that you are either a Communist, idiot, or both. I, OTOH, am a real American, one who does not depend on big daddy government to wipe my ass.

Subdermal
04-03-2016, 07:46 PM

What a bubble-headed answer.

By your standard, no SSI investment actually belongs to the person who made the investment.

Subdermal
04-03-2016, 07:50 PM
I think what makes me a Democrat is my ability to realize that not everyone gets the same breaks.. Not everyone is given the same tools to succeed.. and not everyone is born on third base. It has nothing to do with being lazy or unwilling to work.. Sometimes people just don't have the opportunities that others have.

Oh? What opportunities did I have? I grew up dirt poor in the inner city of Milwaukee. I was homeless for a time.

How did I make it?

It's these people that we as a society have to prop up.. What is the alternative? Let them die or starve.. or beg in the streets?

This is not binary, nor does 'being a Democrat' help anyone any more than 'being a Republican'.

They are Americans.. and this isn't Calcutta.. with the untouchables roaming the streets. I don't understand what kind of mental aberrance allows people to delight in others misfortunes and stand by judging as others suffer..

Who is 'delighting in other's misfortunes'? Who?

I give a considerable sum to charity; both through my own church and various worthy causes. Government is not needed for this; Goverment simply consumes an overly large chunk of what is confiscated from taxpayers.

Subdermal
04-03-2016, 07:50 PM

Soap bubbleheaded response #2. :rolleyes:

Quicksilver
04-03-2016, 07:59 PM
Typical moronic responses from people I would expect them from... If anything.. this place is great for a laugh.. thanks for brightening my day.. I now realize that I AM pretty damn smart... at least by comparison. :roflmao:

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 08:13 PM
:shocked:

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 08:37 PM
Typical moronic responses from people I would expect them from... If anything.. this place is great for a laugh.. thanks for brightening my day.. I now realize that I AM pretty damn smart... at least by comparison. :roflmao:

Why are you dodging the OP question?

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 08:37 PM

Habit?

Bo-4
04-04-2016, 08:03 AM
Oh? What opportunities did I have? I grew up dirt poor in the inner city of Milwaukee. I was homeless for a time.

How did I make it?

Probably a combination of smarts, talent, hard work ........ AND luck.

If someone (most people quite likely) isn't quite so smart and talented, then LUCK may be the one thing that puts them over the top.

The average person is well, quite average. For the average and/or unlucky - the rest of society has to step up.

Pretending that anyone can be as successful as yourself is a fools errand.

Quicksilver
04-04-2016, 08:12 AM

If someone (most people quite likely) isn't quite so smart and talented, then LUCK may be the one thing that puts them over the top.

The average person is well, quite average. For the average and/or unlucky - the rest of society has to step up.

Not to mention "White Privilege" Which of course is denied to exist.. But is, in fact a very real thing. Most White folks are not even aware of it and of how it has worked in their favor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege

White privilege (or white skin privilege) is a term for societal privileges (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Privilege_(social_inequality)) that benefit people identified as white (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_people) in Western (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Western_world) countries, beyond what is commonly experienced by non-white people under the same social, political, or economic circumstances. Academic perspectives such as critical race theory (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_race_theory) and whiteness studies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whiteness_studies) use the concept of "white privilege" to analyze how racism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism) and racialized societies (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racialized_society) affect the lives of white or white-skinned people.
According to Peggy McIntosh (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peggy_McIntosh), whites in Western societies enjoy advantages that non-whites do not experience, as "an invisible package of unearned assets".[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_privilege#cite_note-Unpacking-1) White privilege denotes both obvious and less obvious passive advantages that white people may not recognize they have, which distinguishes it from overt bias or prejudice. These include cultural affirmations of one's own worth; presumed greater social status; and freedom to move (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_move), buy, work, play, and speak freely (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speak_freely). The effects can be seen in professional, educational, and personal contexts. The concept of white privilege also implies the right to assume the universality of one's own experiences, marking others as different or exceptional while perceiving oneself as normal (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Normality_(behavior)).

hanger4
04-04-2016, 08:31 AM
Supernatural luck doesn't exist, right ??

Mac-7
04-04-2016, 09:45 AM

Liberals like GA think they are being clever by at least considering the idea of not voting for hillary.

But in the end they are libs and she is more liberal than anyone the repubs are offering.

Ransom
04-04-2016, 10:25 AM

Arrow....yer gonna vote for Hillary because her last name isn't Trump or she don't have an (R) in front of her name.

Either way, come November, yer a Hillary chad poker.

Why is it you Leftists all think you're so f'n transparent. You ain't.

Thread banned at request of OP.

Ransom
04-04-2016, 10:28 AM

=Hillary Voter

:biglaugh:

Quicksilver
04-04-2016, 10:32 AM
=Hillary Voter

:biglaugh:

Absolutely... I told you I was smarter than you... lol!!

Subdermal
04-04-2016, 10:42 AM

Why did you not cite the need for smarts, talent or hard work in your response to Quicksilver ? How is luck statistically useful without the first three?

People who have smarts, talent and hard work don't need luck. The first three ensure the result - or they wouldn't possess the first three.

Pretending that success is about luck is a fool's errand. Grow up.

Subdermal
04-04-2016, 10:44 AM
Not to mention "White Privilege" Which of course is denied to exist.. But is, in fact a very real thing. Most White folks are not even aware of it and of how it has worked in their favor.

[B][/SIZE][/SUP]

How do smarts, talent and hard work operate when one isn't white?

Like in my case, for instance. I'm Puerto Rican.

Now what?

The Xl
04-04-2016, 10:47 AM

Now what?

It's your conservative Puerto Rican privilege, naturally.

Subdermal
04-04-2016, 10:48 AM

All your posts demonstrates is that nothing insulates ignorance more effectively than arrogance.

The Xl
04-04-2016, 10:54 AM
I've seen poorer whites with higher grades get passed up for wealthier blacks with lower grade. But dat white privilege doe.

Bo-4
04-04-2016, 12:09 PM

[B][/SIZE][/SUP]

Entirely true. Good read here about the historical robbing of wealth from black folks.

*No, i don't believe in reparations but he certainly makes a good case.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

Bo-4
04-04-2016, 12:16 PM
Why did you not cite the need for smarts, talent or hard work in your response to Quicksilver ? How is luck statistically useful without the first three?

People who have smarts, talent and hard work don't need luck. The first three ensure the result - or they wouldn't possess the first three.

Pretending that success is about luck is a fool's errand. Grow up.

Everyone needs a little luck and timing Subdermal. The most successful people know this to be true.

My history in high ticket intangible sales has proven this to be the case.

It is indeed an important ingredient - better to be lucky than good -- BEST to be BOTH!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ricksmith/2014/08/18/skill-effort-or-luck-which-is-more-important-for-success/#482448c1b25b

Mac-7
04-04-2016, 12:17 PM
Entirely true. Good read here about the historical robbing of wealth from black folks.

*No, i don't believe in reparations but he certainly makes a good case.

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2014/06/the-case-for-reparations/361631/

As a guilt ridden white liberal if you don't believe in reparations what do you support?

Preferential treatment for black people in education, hiring and government grants?

Cigar
04-04-2016, 12:28 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CfIr8G_UsAAolyx.jpg

Safety
04-04-2016, 12:35 PM

Now what?

....majority of Puerto Ricans identify as white. Actually more than a majority, then you have the Nuyoricans.

Bo-4
04-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Liberals like GA think they are being clever by at least considering the idea of not voting for hillary.

But in the end they are libs and she is more liberal than anyone the repubs are offering.

Almost forgot about Macky's World.

GA is a Lib, Peter is a Lib, PolWatch is a Lib .. who else?

:cool:

Green Arrow
04-04-2016, 01:26 PM
Absolutely... I told you I was smarter than you... lol!!

Why are you ignoring the OP, Quicksilver?

Quicksilver
04-04-2016, 01:34 PM
Why are you ignoring the OP, @Quicksilver (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1900)?

I believe I answered the question of why I am a Democrat.. in post #37.. If it convinces you to vote Democratic also... that's great.. .. OP ANSWERED!!

Green Arrow
04-04-2016, 07:13 PM
I believe I answered the question of why I am a Democrat.. in post #37.. If it convinces you to vote Democratic also... that's great.. .. OP ANSWERED!!

The OP question wasn't, "Why are you a Democrat?" It was, "Why should I vote for Hillary Clinton?"

Mac-7
04-04-2016, 07:23 PM
Almost forgot about Macky's World.

GA is a Lib, Peter is a Lib, PolWatch is a Lib .. who else?

:cool:

Or your world where far left passes for middle of the road.

Subdermal
04-04-2016, 08:00 PM
Everyone needs a little luck and timing @Subdermal (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1758). The most successful people know this to be true.

My history in high ticket intangible sales has proven this to be the case.

It is indeed an important ingredient - better to be lucky than good -- BEST to be BOTH!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/ricksmith/2014/08/18/skill-effort-or-luck-which-is-more-important-for-success/#482448c1b25b

The harder I work, the luckier I get.

Put these in order of importance; most to least:

Luck
Talent
Work Ethic
Attitude

donttread
04-05-2016, 07:05 AM
Have you liked the direction America has gone in the past 15 years? If so vote for Hilary to assure more of the same.

Quicksilver
04-05-2016, 07:12 AM
The OP question wasn't, "Why are you a Democrat?" It was, "Why should I vote for Hillary Clinton?"

Please insert the name Hillary Clinton anywhere in the paragraph...

Green Arrow
04-05-2016, 09:06 AM
Please insert the name Hillary Clinton anywhere in the paragraph...

What, specifically, makes you think Hillary will accomplish any of that?

Mac-7
04-05-2016, 10:03 AM
What, specifically, makes you think Hillary will accomplish any of that?

Hillary is a focus group polls driven phony.

for real liberals bernie sanders is the real deal lifelong socialist.

because anyone who takes their honeymoon in the Soviet Union during the height of the Cold War means what he says about remaking America into a marxist hellhole.

Quicksilver
04-05-2016, 10:05 AM
Hillary is a focus group polls driven phony.

for real liberals bernie sanders is the real deal lifelong socialist.

because anyone who takes their honeymoon in the Soviet Union during the height of the Cold War means what he says about remaking America into a marxist hellhole.

Too bad for Sanders.. he has no chance of gaining the nomination.. Clinton has the delegate count pretty much sewed up.

Mac-7
04-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Too bad for Sanders.. he has no chance of gaining the nomination.. Clinton has the delegate count pretty much sewed up.

It seems that way.

And the clean articulte black guy will never allow "his" JD to indict her while he is in office.

Quicksilver
04-05-2016, 10:27 AM
It seems that way.

And the clean articulte black guy will never allow "his" JD to indict her while he is in office.

No.. he won't because you don't indict someone on the wishes of the GOP alone. There has to be a crime.

Mac-7
04-05-2016, 10:35 AM
No.. he won't because you don't indict someone on the wishes of the GOP alone. There has to be a crime.

If you think the GOP has ordered obumers FBI to investigate hillary and they complied you are sadly mistaken

Tahuyaman
04-05-2016, 12:11 PM

Im not so sure about that. The Clinton camp originally claimed that they would have the nomination sewn up by Super Tuesday. Then they said by the end of March.

This could actually end up going to the convention. The super delegates are elected too. If they give all of their votes to Hillary Clinton, even in the states Sanders won, they could be in trouble with their constituents.

This is the strangest and most interesting election season I've ever seen.

Tahuyaman
04-05-2016, 12:15 PM
If you think the GOP has ordered obumers FBI to investigate hillary and they complied you are sadly mistaken

The FBI can conduct any investigation they want, but they dont make the decision to indict. That comes from the justice department and the decision making process there is completely partisan.

Green Arrow
04-05-2016, 01:11 PM

Yet she still can't finish him off for good. That should tell Democrats something about their choice.

Tahuyaman
04-05-2016, 01:28 PM
Yet she still can't finish him off for good. That should tell Democrats something about their choice.

I think the Democrats are facing just as much trouble as the Republicans.

It's quite clear that the Sanders supporters are not simply going to shrug their shoulders and go along with the party line if they believe that the nomination process is rigged. Which is appears to be the case so far.

decedent
04-05-2016, 01:31 PM
Aside from having irresistible cankles, Hillary is the most electable candidate so far. She beats all of her competitors -- Republican and Democrat alike. She has as much political experience as anyone, but she also isn't as establishment as many people believe: she's pushing for some major changes when it comes to overturning Citizens United, getting money out of politics, ending mass incarceration, and implementing a pathway to citizenship.

And she's normal. By normal I mean, she's not an entertainer and she doesn't look like she got out of a clown car. She looks like an average, professional grandmother. She is respectful and classy. The White House should stay classy.