PDA

View Full Version : tPF Republicans: Convince me to vote for Trump or Cruz

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 02:36 PM
There is a thread like this for Democrats too, fyi.

As things stand, I will not be voting for Trump or Cruz, whichever of the two of them gets the nomination. I have my reasons, but as always, I maintain an open mind. So, I'd like to see some rational, reasonable, intelligent arguments to persuade me to vote for your candidate.

Keep in mind that Hillary Clinton and "Democrats will destroy us all" fearmongering is not rational, reasonable, or intelligent. You'll have to keep it based on the issues. Besides, I already detest Hillary Clinton, so you'd be preaching to the choir on that one.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 02:50 PM
Another good one.

AZ Jim
04-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Another good one.It is a great post but the qualifier will eliminate most answers as there are few who have a "good" reason.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 03:25 PM
It is a great post but the qualifier will eliminate most answers as there are few who have a "good" reason.

There's a Democrat version, too.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 03:30 PM
It is a great post but the qualifier will eliminate most answers as there are few who have a "good" reason.

Only the republicans can answer that. You are disqualified from the get go, as am I.

FindersKeepers
04-03-2016, 03:39 PM

As things stand, I will not be voting for Trump or Cruz, whichever of the two of them gets the nomination. I have my reasons, but as always, I maintain an open mind. So, I'd like to see some rational, reasonable, intelligent arguments to persuade me to vote for your candidate.

Keep in mind that Hillary Clinton and "Democrats will destroy us all" fearmongering is not rational, reasonable, or intelligent. You'll have to keep it based on the issues. Besides, I already detest Hillary Clinton, so you'd be preaching to the choir on that one.

There is nothing outstanding about either Trump or Cruz.

The reason I will most likely be voting for one of them lies in the lesser of two evils.

While I'm not a fan of either man -- I could not, in good conscience, vote for Hillary. Voting third party is senseless so I'll be voting for the GOP candidate, whomever that might be.

Mark III
04-03-2016, 03:51 PM

The reason I will most likely be voting for one of them lies in the lesser of two evils.

While I'm not a fan of either man -- I could not, in good conscience, vote for Hillary. Voting third party is senseless so I'll be voting for the GOP candidate, whomever that might be.

Anyone who would vote for Donald Trump needs to have their head examined and their voting privileges revoked.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 03:51 PM
I no longer vote lesser of two evils. I woke up and realized that was a big tool of the Establishment.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 04:05 PM

A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Anyone who would vote for Donald Trump needs to have their head examined and their voting privileges revoked.

So mosey on over to the Democrat version of this thread and give people a rational, reasonable, and intelligent argument as to why they should vote for Hillary.

Mark III
04-03-2016, 04:09 PM

A vote for the lesser of two evils is a vote for less evil.

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 04:10 PM
The hard left is comfortable with that. :wink:

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 04:37 PM
A vote for the lesser of two evils is a vote for less evil.

But still a vote for evil.

Why not just cut out the middle man and not vote for evil at all?

Subdermal
04-03-2016, 06:05 PM

I think we need to realize that a "right wing" Ted Cruz is simply a Constitutionalist. That's what we need to return to: it allows States to reacquire the role the Constitution intended for them.

We really need to shrink Washington. Hillary certainly isn't going to do that; Bernie has certain good ideas that do that, but - mainly - some really bad tax ideas that won't.

My taxes explode under the left's plan; particularly Bernie's plan. I cannot see continuing to give Washington more money to control the lot of us, and create these divides that then they claim only Washington can fix.

Money needs to stay in the private sector; we have to eliminate punitive tax and regulation policy that sequesters trillions overseas and suppresses growth.

We really only had a couple of mistakes early in our history: central banking outside the walls of Congress, suffrage and civil rights abuses among them. We've corrected the latter two - mostly - but we still suffer the damage of the first mistake. We need to simplify our taxes, just as Cruz wishes to do. Electing him is a huge step in that direction, even if the Congress does not contain - yet - sufficient voices to make it happen.

All these social issues are strawmen. They don't belong in the Federal discussion.

Cigar
04-03-2016, 06:59 PM
I could care less who you vote for. :laugh:

michiganFats
04-03-2016, 11:15 PM

I'll give you $20 to vote for Trump.

Doublejack
04-03-2016, 11:21 PM

Voting third party is honestly and actually very refreshing.

Plus you get to talk shit about everyone without the need to defend the evil you voted for!

Dr. Who
04-03-2016, 11:24 PM
The hard left is comfortable with that. :wink:
Actually, I would say it is the moderate left that is comfortable with that. The hard left is looking at Bernie.

Green Arrow
04-03-2016, 11:26 PM
I'll give you $20 to vote for Trump.

I appreciate the offer, but my morals are not for sale.

michiganFats
04-03-2016, 11:28 PM
I appreciate the offer, but my morals are not for sale.

$50 ?

zelmo1234
04-04-2016, 03:34 AM
My attempt would be for Cruz, not Trump.

#1 He is a constitutionalist, and would be the candidate that would be least likely to continue the policies of executive orders and judicial appointments to usurp the rights of the people

#2 He would certainly appoint a Constitutionalist to the high court, and prevent more judicial activism, returning the power to change the direction of the country, back to the people and their elected officials

#3 Of all of the candidates in the race, he is the most likely to balance the budget, and bring voluntary change to some of the entitlement programs that are insolvent and in their current form, only promise poverty, when the same investment could build wealth, and bring down the budget to get the national debt under control.

#4 He is the only candidate in the race that has a proven record of doing what he promised, no matter the popularity of that promise with his fellow members of the Senate. Thus in electing Cruz, there are not likely to be any surprises, you will get what he promised he would do

#5 Anyone that can not see that we need any and all low skilled jobs for American Citizens is being foolish or blind. Wages are not going to increase until such a time that there are more jobs that qualified workers. Illegals are taking many of these jobs and providing a less expensive workforce for companies that are trying to cut costs. Cruz is the only one with a sensible plan to reduce these invasions into the American work force, and the understanding to not bring 11 to 20 million low skilled workers into a workforce that is already flooded with them.

#6 Cruz is the only candidate that would abolish the common core education system which is plaguing our schools system and continuing to turn out students that have NO skills and can't preform even the most remedial task such as reading or counting change. Returning the direction of the school system to the people that are supporting those systems and back to the time when the US system was the envy of the world seems to be a better Idea.

#7 Other than Bernie, Cruz policy of more of a total war effort in dealing with the terrorist, at least would be much safer for our troops. With Hillary, Trump, and Kasich, you have nation building, and that has been a total and complete failure. So if Bernie is not in the race, Cruz is the second best choice.

#8 Historically, Cutting taxes has done 3 things, #1 in looking at the major tax cuts of my lifetime Kennedy, Reagan, Clinton, and GWB. All of them produced a dramatic increase in jobs and thus the decline of unemployment with an increasing workforce rate. #2 the all dramatically increased revenue to the national treasury #3 with the low unemployment rates all but GWB, who forgot to reduce spending, saw an increase in the wages of the middle class.

Those are my reasons that you should vote for Cruz in an Cruz vs Hillary contest for the President of the USA

FindersKeepers
04-04-2016, 04:09 AM

When you're voting for a politician -- you're always voting for a lesser form of evil. Because only folks with a weird power-bent ever run for the Presidency (and most smaller offices), so you can always count on there being an "evil" factor afoot.

In this specific case -- Hillary's jingoism puts her over the edge for me. She's made comments in the past about her commitment to use of force (Iran, specifically), and she took part in a very ill-conceived overthrow of a Libyan dictator, which left that country in chaos. Cruz is iffy in that area, too. Trump, although he may not have thought the issues out -- has taken a stand of non-intervention whenever possible.

That doesn't make up for all of Trump's goofiness -- but it makes him a lesser of evils.

When the Christian messiah runs on a ticket -- you might be able to make a case for not voting for the lesser of evils. But, as long as the candidates are living, breathing, humans -- it's the only game in town.

FindersKeepers
04-04-2016, 04:10 AM
Voting third party is honestly and actually very refreshing.

Plus you get to talk $#@! about everyone without the need to defend the evil you voted for!

It might be refreshing -- but -- in reality, if enough people do it -- you're splitting the vote and handing the win to other major-party candidate.

And -- we all talk shit about the candidates -- even if we vote for them.

FindersKeepers
04-04-2016, 04:31 AM

How very democratic of you.

I felt similarly about folks who voted for Obama -- that they needed their heads examined -- but I would not advocate that their voting privileges be revoked.

Talk about an anti-democratic sentiment.

Folks in this nation used to think the same thing about women and blacks.

Welcome back to the 17th Century.

Fascinating.

suds00
04-04-2016, 10:14 AM
How very democratic of you.

I felt similarly about folks who voted for Obama -- that they needed their heads examined -- but I would not advocate that their voting privileges be revoked.

Talk about an anti-democratic sentiment.
Folks in this nation used to think the same thing about women and blacks.

Welcome back to the 17th Century.

Fascinating.the gop should offer a viable choice and trump is not such a choice.

FindersKeepers
04-04-2016, 10:54 AM
the gop should offer a viable choice and trump is not such a choice.

Coulda...shoulda...woulda...

You play the hand you're dealt.

The Xl
04-04-2016, 10:57 AM
The best reason to vote for Donald Trump is because of the way he's had the power structure react to him. And no, l don't think he's on their side, if he was, he wouldn't threaten to release the missing 28 pages of the 911 documents and insinuate that Saudi Arabia had something to do with it.

Tahuyaman
04-04-2016, 11:44 AM

I wouldn't try to convince you of anything. What I would try to get you to do is research the candidates and find out where each of them stand on the various issues. Then See how consistent they have been over their political life, but do this while ignoring the partisan spin the media throws out there.

Then decide for yourself.

Mac-7
04-04-2016, 12:07 PM
the gop should offer a viable choice and trump is not such a choice.

Ted Cruz.

Doublejack
04-04-2016, 12:57 PM
It might be refreshing -- but -- in reality, if enough people do it -- you're splitting the vote and handing the win to other major-party candidate.

And -- we all talk shit about the candidates -- even if we vote for them.

True, but also if enough people do it, we might see things change for the better.

Be the change you wish to see in the world - Gandhi