PDA

View Full Version : Trump Base Determined - Whites Afraid That Whites Are "Losing Out"

Mark III
04-03-2016, 03:47 PM
excerpt
http://www.arcamax.com/politics/fromtheleft/danamilbank/s-1814719?ezine=

Dana Milbank
Washington Post

"What was striking to me in analyzing the data is that even after controlling for a variety of demographics and attitudes [including all those above], believing whites are losing out continued to be a key predictor of Trump support. ... Its importance persisted under a wide range of scenarios."

This, in turn, confirms previous findings. Earlier this year, University of California Irvine political scientist Michael Tesler, citing data from RAND Corp.'s Presidential Election Panel Survey, found that "Trump performs best among Americans who express more resentment toward African-Americans and immigrants and who tend to evaluate whites more favorably than minority groups."

Trump's supporters overall tend to be older, disproportionately male, less likely to have a college degree and more likely to be suffering economically. But race is an ever-present factor. Trump support, it has been shown, is high in areas where the number of racist search queries on Google is also high. The Post's Jeff Guo has documented that Trump performs best in areas where the middle-aged white death-rate is highest, that he effectively channels "white suffering into political support."

Mark III
04-03-2016, 03:49 PM
It always come back to one thing with this guy- disgruntled white people who feel picked on.

Mister D
04-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Trump support, it has been shown, is high in areas where the number of racist search queries on Google is also high.

I'm sorry but...

:roflmao:

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Who, Dana Milbank? He is a race hustler.

Mister D
04-03-2016, 03:59 PM
Who, Dana Milbank? He is a race hustler.

This was great though. Almost as funny as OGIS offering the number of "Google hits" as evidence that his Dominionist conspiracy theory should be taken seriously.

GrassrootsConservative
04-03-2016, 04:01 PM
:laugh:

Kurmugeon
04-03-2016, 04:10 PM
So my wife, who is a "Wise Latina" (being 12th generation American Hispanic holding a college degree), but also a staunch Trump supporter, is actually an "older, uneducated, white male on the edge of death"?

And because I am NOT a Trump supporter, but rather a Cruz supporter, am not an "Older White Male on the Edge of Death"(I'm actually well educated, but lack a degree, thanks to SJW on campus), but something else? Let me guess, I'm a radical Pentacostal Christian Evangelist, and not a Wiccan at all?

Or, more logically, maybe your Push-Poll-Stereotypes miss the mark widely when it comes to the Trump Phenomenon?

-

onecut
04-03-2016, 05:52 PM
However you slice it the typical Republican is an old white man. It was said in the last election that, in order to win, a republican has to get 61% of the white vote. That has never happened. Unless the republicans can widen their support they are done having a president.

They don't seem to even try to do that. They have put their efforts into gerrymandering and voter suppression, a sure sign that they are not seeking votes but trying to preserve them. To their credit they have been very successful at both but it cannot last forever.

Trump has squandered this even further in almost totally alienating the woman's vote. I cannot remember the exact figures but, if I remember correctly, over 50% of REPUBLICAN women detest him

Unless the Republicans change they are doomed by demographics. Not that it matters anymore. The only question is, Will they implode before or after the general election?

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 06:07 PM
However you slice it the typical Republican is an old white man. It was said in the last election that, in order to win, a republican has to get 61% of the white vote. That has never happened. Unless the republicans can widen their support they are done having a president.

They don't seem to even try to do that. They have put their efforts into gerrymandering and voter suppression, a sure sign that they are not seeking votes but trying to preserve them. To their credit they have been very successful at both but it cannot last forever.

Trump has squandered this even further in almost totally alienating the woman's vote. I cannot remember the exact figures but, if I remember correctly, over 50% of REPUBLICAN women detest him

Unless the Republicans change they are doomed by demographics. Not that it matters anymore. The only question is, Will they implode before or after the general election?

Good. Republicans are corrupt as the democratic party is. Let them die off.

Cigar
04-03-2016, 06:55 PM
November can't get here fast enough. :grin:

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 06:57 PM

What did you get at the restaurant last night?

MisterVeritis
04-03-2016, 07:00 PM
One day at a time. Let me enjoy every day of my 63rd year.

Cigar
04-03-2016, 07:03 PM
It always come back to one thing with this guy- disgruntled white people who feel picked on.

Tick-Tock :grin:

MisterVeritis
04-03-2016, 08:25 PM
I am so delighted that a liberal figured out why Trump has a following. Let's see, my last year of income exceeded more than 95% of the nation's. But I prefer Trump. Am I disgruntled? Maybe. I hate that people I gave money to in order to help them get elected lied to me. They betrayed my trust.

I hate that the Democrats have played the long game to the detriment of the nation. They have a lust for power that harms their constituents and that harms me. They have changed immigration in ways that undermine the nation's health, its vigor, and its unity by bringing in the dumbest, sickest people from Africa and from nations with authoritarian governments. The Democrats need reliable drones content, for a time, to live on their knees with their hands outstretched to the government.

Am I a racist? I suppose it depends on what that term means today. I cannot stand low-class people whether they are black, brown or the thousands of shades of white. But who is low-class? I had an administrative assistant who adored me. She earns about half of what my retirement brings in. I helped a black man determine the best way to start his own business. He wanted my advice because he trusted me to help him unstintingly.

My boss was a woman. The person I provided direct support to was a woman. Both received my very best efforts every day. And the second became a very good friend.

So I am delighted that some liberal has us all figured out. How can people be so wrong?

Cigar
04-03-2016, 08:28 PM
What did you get at the restaurant last night?

Lobster :wink:

Peter1469
04-03-2016, 08:35 PM
Lobster :wink:

I saw the duck on the menu. That is what I would have gone for if they had it.

Safety
04-03-2016, 08:39 PM
I wonder how many times the video of the obamaphone lady was used when talking about obama's supporters...

del
04-03-2016, 08:50 PM
I wonder how many times the video of the obamaphone lady was used when talking about obama's supporters...

she should have worn a tuxedo

Safety
04-03-2016, 08:53 PM
she should have worn a tuxedo

She probably would have, if Jos.A.Bank took EBT....