PDA

View Full Version : Warning: 2nd Amendment gaining traction with minorities

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 06:36 PM
2nd Amendment gaining traction with minorities (http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/african-americans-support-carrying-legal-carry-for-self-defense/)

All law abiding citizens should embrace the 2nd.

In the aftermath of the Charleston, South Carolina terrorism against churchgoers at a historical black church, many African Americans have decided that the they cannot rely on the police for protection.

President Obama tried to make the act of terrorism by Dylann Storm Roof about “gun control,” but more and more, black media is taking notice and not having it.

The Atlanta Black Star ran a piece entitled “Obama Makes Charleston Shooting About Gun Control Instead of Terrorism Against Black People (http://atlantablackstar.com/2015/06/18/obama-makes-charleston-shooting-gun-control-instead-terrorism-black-people/)” which asserted the president was out of touch with what was actually going on.

African American gun ownership and support for carrying firearms for self-defense is at an all time high.

An African American church in Minneapolis (http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/carry-to-church-for-self-defense/) says they will act as their own security guards and carry guns due to past threats directed towards the congregation. They say they can’t count on the police to protect them from incidences like what happened Wednesday night in Charleston, South Carolina.
http://cdn.countercurrentnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/black-open-carry.jpg

del
04-05-2016, 06:37 PM
minorities have always been in favor of the second.

too bad st. ronnie wasn't.

*shrug

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 06:41 PM

*shrug

lol

Cigar
04-05-2016, 06:42 PM
2nd Amendment gaining traction with minorities (http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/06/african-americans-support-carrying-legal-carry-for-self-defense/)

All law abiding citizens should embrace the 2nd.

http://cdn.countercurrentnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/black-open-carry.jpg

Gaining? Minorities?

Do you know how many Chicago Threads we have created a week? :laugh:

Based on the number of murders reported here on the Forum, it's more than obvious Minorities learned the art of shooting back, and hitting human targets.

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 06:45 PM
legal gun ownership

Gaining? Minorities?

Based on the number of murders reported here on the Forum, it's more than obvious Minorities learned the art of shooting back, and hitting human targets.

del
04-05-2016, 06:46 PM
lol

there's nothing funny about impinging a citizen's right to bear arms

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 06:48 PM
there's nothing funny about impinging a citizen's right to bear arms

It depends. We don't let felons own guns.

Common Sense
04-05-2016, 06:49 PM
Gaining? Minorities?

Posts like this really don't help you and the perception of you.

:rollseyes:

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 06:56 PM
Without the right to keep and bear arms, it's unlikely the civil rights movement would have been as successful as it was.

How 'Crazy Negroes' With Guns Helped Kill Jim Crow (http://reason.com/archives/2014/07/22/how-crazy-negroes-with-guns-he)

But the battle isn't over yet. Black Americans still have to fight oppression and arms are the only way they can guarantee their liberty. The more black Americans with guns, the better!

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 07:00 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/79750000/jpg/_79750951_79750950.jpg

This kind of thing warms the cockles of my heart. Black and white embracing liberty.

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 07:02 PM
Look at those fingers, straight and off the trigger. Well done, lads... :grin:

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 07:04 PM

*shrug

Gun control, much like drug laws, are racist in origin. And wouldn't you know it? Most black men are in jail because they violated one of these unconstitutional, capricious dictates.

Standing Wolf
04-05-2016, 07:06 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2ucmARq-k

Seriously, legal gun ownership by Black citizens is nearly as high as for White citizens, as has been for a long time.

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 07:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z2ucmARq-k

Seriously, legal gun ownership by Black citizens is nearly as high as for White citizens, as has been for a long time.

Legal, illegal, whatever. The more American working class people, white or black, with guns, the better.

Quicksilver
04-05-2016, 07:51 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here... What do you want to bet that SOMEHOW... second amendment rights will not pertain to minorities..

Cletus
04-05-2016, 07:53 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb here... What do you want to bet that SOMEHOW... second amendment rights will not pertain to minorities..

Second Amendment rights pertain to all Americans, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or however else you Leftists like to pigeonhole people in an attempt to divide us.

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 07:55 PM
http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/624/media/images/79750000/jpg/_79750951_79750950.jpg

This kind of thing warms the cockles of my heart. Black and white embracing liberty.

My second to last hurricane in New Orleans was in during my 1L year. I was living in the hood in New Orleans. West of Louisiana Avenue two blocks from the river for those who know the area. The neighbors were all black. The lady who I rented from lived in the big house and I was in the "art studio" out back. We were the only whites. Anyway after the storm we were all out on her porch with an American flag, beer, tobacco products, and lots of weapons. The nogoodnicks were out and looting. They decided to go elsewhere.

Just a bunch of citizens. Color didn't matter.

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 07:56 PM

The biggest obstacle to minorities getting guns are Democrats who push their gun control agenda.

Safety
04-05-2016, 07:58 PM
The biggest obstacle to minorities getting guns are Democrats who push their gun control agenda.

Reagan wasn't a Democrat.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/06/e6/49/06e649b261a697d3965849c61ab88287.jpg

Ethereal
04-05-2016, 08:01 PM

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/06/e6/49/06e649b261a697d3965849c61ab88287.jpg

I never said Republicans weren't an obstacle to blacks arming themselves, only that Democrats are the biggest obstacle, and that's undoubtedly true.

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 08:04 PM
By the time Reagan was President he had evolved on the 2nd Amendment issue. Much like Obama evolved with gay marriage. Except gay people didn't have to threaten Reagan with cutting off campaign contributions to get him to evolve.

del
04-05-2016, 08:09 PM
By the time Reagan was President he had evolved on the 2nd Amendment issue. Much like Obama evolved with gay marriage. Except gay people didn't have to threaten Reagan with cutting off campaign contributions to get him to evolve.

his base was pretty happy to keep the scary blacks unarmed.

i don't think much evolution was involved

Dr. Who
04-05-2016, 08:19 PM
Second Amendment rights pertain to all Americans, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion or however else you Leftists like to pigeonhole people in an attempt to divide us.
Except when any member of certain minorities are seen bearing arms of any kind or even anything that resembles a weapon, in which case all bets are off, because some "well intended, civic minded, citizen" will report them, and 50 cops will show up and treat them like a murderous felon, shoot them in the blink of an eye and ask questions later. So much for their 2nd Amendment rights. They are secondary to public perception.

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 08:20 PM

b.s.

damn racists.

Peter1469
04-05-2016, 08:21 PM
his base was pretty happy to keep the scary blacks unarmed.

i don't think much evolution was involved

With Obama? Of course not. He was bought like a cheap hooker.

Subdermal
04-05-2016, 08:34 PM

:loco:

Clearly, you're perched on a fruit tree.

Safety
04-05-2016, 08:39 PM
Except when any member of certain minorities are seen bearing arms of any kind or even anything that resembles a weapon, in which case all bets are off, because some "well intended, civic minded, citizen" will report them, and 50 cops will show up and treat them like a murderous felon, shoot them in the blink of an eye and ask questions later. So much for their 2nd Amendment rights. They are secondary to public perception.

You see a difference with talking a good game and actually seeing the action.

Dr. Who
04-05-2016, 08:54 PM
You see a difference with talking a good game and actually seeing the action.
Absolutely. People generalize and assume all the time. We see it on this forum. People see brown skin and a gun and if it's not wearing a uniform, it must be a felon. If you aren't white, you would have to be crazy to open carry and don't pick up any toy weapons in WalMart and carry them around. Put them in your shopping cart and cover them with a blanket. Better still, don't buy them at all, because it might get your kid killed. Even a baseball bat might be interpreted adversely if you are any shade of brown. All of the protected rights in the world are not worth a damn if you're automatically presumed guilty because of your skin color.

Cletus
04-05-2016, 09:19 PM

That doesn't happen to just minorities.

del
04-05-2016, 09:22 PM
With Obama? Of course not. He was bought like a cheap hooker.

no, i was talking about st. ronnie.

your feeble attempt at deflection is noted

54 :biglaugh:

Cletus
04-05-2016, 09:22 PM
Absolutely. People generalize and assume all the time. We see it on this forum. People see brown skin and a gun and if it's not wearing a uniform, it must be a felon. If you aren't white, you would have to be crazy to open carry and don't pick up any toy weapons in WalMart and carry them around. Put them in your shopping cart and cover them with a blanket. Better still, don't buy them at all, because it might get your kid killed. Even a baseball bat might be interpreted adversely if you are any shade of brown. All of the protected rights in the world are not worth a damn if you're automatically presumed guilty because of your skin color.

What you are neglecting to mention is that it is usually Liberal anti-gun nuts who are so quick to call the police in a panic if they see an armed citizen.

del
04-05-2016, 09:23 PM
What you are neglecting to mention is that it is usually Liberal anti-gun nuts who are so quick to call the police in a panic if they see an armed citizen.

proof?

Dr. Who
04-05-2016, 09:30 PM
That doesn't happen to just minorities.
No, but it happens to minorities at a greater rate than to whites relative to population and that is largely due to public perception. For minorities it is a combination of two problems - fearful cops and fearful whites. For whites, it's just fearful cops.

Dr. Who
04-05-2016, 09:31 PM
Have you any proof of that allegation?

Cletus
04-05-2016, 09:56 PM
I am sure it would not be hard to get by perusing police reports, but I don't see the need. Common sense is enough.

Pro Second Amendment people do not by their very nature freak out and wet themselves when they see an armed citizen. Hand wringing, anti-gun Liberals are the ones who go into a panic and see guns as inherently evil and people with guns as mass murderers in waiting.

I can remember when when I first built the range on which I conduct training, which is on 17 acres of privately owned land, anti-gun nuts would hear shooting and call the Sheriff or the State Police on a regular basis. It wasn't until the State Police started calling 10-7 (out of service) and taking their breaks on the range with me, sending a few downrange that they finally got the message that constantly calling the police was not going to accomplish what they wanted.

People talk to me pretty regularly about seeing someone armed on the street and the conversation usually ends up being about what kind of gun they were carrying, what kind of holster they were wearing, in what position they were wearing the gun... It is the Liberals who live in fear of the armed citizen. Not all of course. I have actually trained a fair number of people who self identify as liberal , but almost invariably, if someone does call the police at the sight of someone with a gun, the caller is a liberal gun hater.

del
04-05-2016, 10:52 PM
I am sure it would not be hard to get by perusing police reports, but I don't see the need. Common sense is enough.

Pro Second Amendment people do not by their very nature freak out and wet themselves when they see an armed citizen. Hand wringing, anti-gun Liberals are the ones who go into a panic and see guns as inherently evil and people with guns as mass murderers in waiting.

I can remember when when I first built the range on which I conduct training, which is on 17 acres of privately owned land, anti-gun nuts would hear shooting and call the Sheriff or the State Police on a regular basis. It wasn't until the State Police started calling 10-7 (out of service) and taking their breaks on the range with me, sending a few downrange that they finally got the message that constantly calling the police was not going to accomplish what they wanted.

People talk to me pretty regularly about seeing someone armed on the street and the conversation usually ends up being about what kind of gun they were carrying, what kind of holster they were wearing, in what position they were wearing the gun... It is the Liberals who live in fear of the armed citizen. Not all of course. I have actually trained a fair number of people who self identify as liberal , but almost invariably, if someone does call the police at the sight of someone with a gun, the caller is a liberal gun hater.

just save us all time and say you've got nothing

because that's what you have, aptly, nothing

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 04:37 AM
:loco:

Clearly, you're perched on a fruit tree.

Oh sure.... Remember the fear brought on by one or two Black panthers standing outside a polling place on election day armed with sticks? A whole bunch of pants $hitting went on.. Imagine if they had assault rifles!! Imaging a group of 4 or five BLACK men walking down a street in an open carry state.. Not doing anything but walking.. Do you think that would be allowed?

YOU are an IDIOT to believe that wouldn't cause an uproar..

http://media.salon.com/2011/03/doj_inquiry_says-460x307.jpg

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 04:45 AM
What they are doing is illegal. Adding guns would not make it legal.

Difficult concept for the hard left to get, I know.

LoL

Public schools!

Oh sure.... Remember the fear brought on by one or two Black panthers standing outside a polling place on election day armed with sticks? A whole bunch of pants $hitting went on.. Imagine if they had assault rifles!! Imaging a group of 4 or five BLACK men walking down a street in an open carry state.. Not doing anything but walking.. Do you think that would be allowed?

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 04:48 AM
What they are doing is illegal. Adding guns would not make it legal.

Difficult concept for the hard left to get, I know.

LoL

Public schools!

Apparently you didn't see that idea that just Flew over your head... Not unusual... not at all.. Go have some coffee..

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 05:08 AM
Apparently you didn't see that idea that just Flew over your head... Not unusual... not at all.. Go have some coffee..

That doesn't mean anything.

Cletus
04-06-2016, 06:15 AM

The uproar was over their obvious attempt to intimidate voters going into a polling place.

They should have been arrested. Personally, I would have just laughed at them as I went by.

You feel guilty about not being born Black, don't you? Are you one of those who voted for Obama to make up for imagined wrongs committed by your ancestors?

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 06:17 AM
BUT... they were just standing there.. If people were intimidated it was their own racism doing it.

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 06:18 AM
The uproar was over their obvious attempt to intimidate voters going into a polling place.

They should have been arrested. Personally, I would have just laughed at them as I went by.

You feel guilty about not being born Black, don't you? Are you one of those who voted for Obama to make up for imagined wrongs committed by your ancestors?

Hahahaha,. MY ancestors weren't born in this country... Next stupid assumption please...............?

Cletus
04-06-2016, 06:26 AM
Hahahaha,. MY ancestors weren't born in this country... Next stupid assumption please...............?

I don't recall saying they were.

Maybe you should learn to read before you you start flapping your gums.

I see your type every day. You don't care a rat's ass about minorities. You care about making yourself feel good by pretending you care about minorities.

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 06:29 AM
I don't recall saying they were.

Maybe you should learn to read before you you start flapping your gums.

I see your type every day. You don't care a rat's ass about minorities. You care about making yourself feel good by pretending you care about minorities.

Really? You see MY type? You have ZERO idea what my type is.. or what I am.. You are making asinine assumptions and you know what they say about assuming anything... It makes an A$$ out of YOU..

Cletus
04-06-2016, 06:36 AM
Really? You see MY type? You have ZERO idea what my type is.. or what I am.. You are making asinine assumptions and you know what they say about assuming anything... It makes an A$$ out of YOU..

Unless you are pretending to be something you are here on the forum, and I do not believe you are smart enough to pull that off, your type is pretty obvious.

Cigar
04-06-2016, 07:00 AM

Everyone has an opinion until someone gets punched in the mouth ...

And people are Pro-Gun until the people they don't like have Guns also ...

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 07:28 AM

That's exactly what I am saying... Wait until four or five scary looking Black men stroll into a Restaurant or shopping center will rifles slung over their shoulders and a Glock in a holster... Ya know.. just like the White morons have done in open carry states.. Just wait for that.. it will really be amusing to hear the reactions.

Safety
04-06-2016, 07:36 AM

It's amusing to watch people act like there aren't different rules for "'muricans".

https://youtu.be/NTmPI_KPRxg

del
04-06-2016, 08:26 AM
Unless you are pretending to be something you are here on the forum, and I do not believe you are smart enough to pull that off, your type is pretty obvious.

how does one *pretend to be something you are* (sic)?

tia

Adelaide
04-06-2016, 08:32 AM

Stick to the topic and stop with the personal insults.

Standing Wolf
04-06-2016, 08:36 AM
As for the two NBPP members "intimidating" voters, how many have watched the entire video? You see people walking by them, including an elderly White woman, going about their business, obviously not very intimidated, and then the cops show up, tell them they shouldn't be there and offer to give them a ride up the street, which the men accept. Much ado about nothing.

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 08:41 AM
As for the two NBPP members "intimidating" voters, how many have watched the entire video? You see people walking by them, including an elderly White woman, going about their business, obviously not very intimidated, and then the cops show up, tell them they shouldn't be there and offer to give them a ride up the street, which the men accept. Much ado about nothing.

But you wouldn't have thought that to hear the hysterical pronouncements from Conservative media and talking heads.. You would have thought they were beating people into submission.

FindersKeepers
04-06-2016, 09:01 AM
Imagine if they had assault rifles!! Imaging a group of 4 or five BLACK men walking down a street in an open carry state.. Not doing anything but walking.. Do you think that would be allowed?

You really don't get out much, do you?

How'd you manage to miss the big armed rumble between the New Black Panthers, the Nation of Islam (mostly black groups), and an anti-Muslim (mostly white) groups in Texas last week?

Of all the posters here -- you rank right at the top of "...says stupid $hit..."

It appears both the protesters and the counter-protesters came armed to the teeth.

Guess what? No one was hurt. It was "allowed," which blows your silly, childish statement out of the water.

Do you even pause to think before you spew that stupid crap?

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/files/2016/04/NM-MOSQUE_PROTEST_01_49793832.jpg

http://thescoopblog.dallasnews.com/2016/04/tense-anti-mosque-protest-draws-armed-demonstrators-in-south-dallas.html/

Safety
04-06-2016, 09:03 AM

You can blame Fox news for creating the bed shitting over it, yet they didn't run one segment on the armed Minutemen in AZ "questioning" the hispanic voters as they stood in line to vote in '06.

MisterVeritis
04-06-2016, 10:20 AM
There is a basis for concern. That can be changed if the non-felon blacks begin to conceal carry and open carry.

MisterVeritis
04-06-2016, 10:24 AM
That's exactly what I am saying... Wait until four or five scary looking Black men stroll into a Restaurant or shopping center will rifles slung over their shoulders and a Glock in a holster... Ya know.. just like the White morons have done in open carry states.. Just wait for that.. it will really be amusing to hear the reactions.
I think all of the blacks who have not yet been convicted of felonies should open carry (and concealed carry too). I do not mind if my life is saved by an armed black man or woman.

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 02:47 PM
BUT... they were just standing there.. If people were intimidated it was their own racism doing it.

What they were doing is illegal.