PDA

View Full Version : I will stand with the muslims....

Calypso Jones
09-18-2012, 12:02 PM
September 18th, 2012, 5:10 am
http://www.barenakedislam.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/ObamaWithMuslims-vi.jpg

that's all we need to know, bra.

shaarona
09-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Blatant liars are always losers.

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

What do you think, Margot... are the winds ugly enough for Obama to stand with the muslims now? Or did he just invite them to participate in the DNC convention in Charlotte to make sure they know he has their backs?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef0177446853be970d-600wi

shaarona
09-18-2012, 12:21 PM
What do you think, Margot... are the winds ugly enough for Obama to stand with the muslims now? Or did he just invite them to participate in the DNC convention in Charlotte to make sure they know he has their backs?

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341c60bf53ef0177446853be970d-600wi

Do you have a problem with reading for comprehension? Try again.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 12:36 PM
Within the context of the paragraph, who do you think he was referring to, Margot... the Germans?

shaarona
09-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Within the context of the paragraph, who do you think he was referring to, Margot... the Germans?

He is referring to Japanese Internment camps .... Try reading it again.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 12:43 PM

good try... but it won't fly

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Appears you're the one with a grand case of selective comprehension.

Stuck_In_California
09-18-2012, 12:45 PM
good try... but it won't fly

In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction.

Appears you're the one with a grand case of selective comprehension.

Sing it sister!!

Mister D
09-18-2012, 12:48 PM
American citizenship is a legalism. Nothing more. America has become a boarding house.

KC
09-18-2012, 12:53 PM
It seems that Obama was clearly pronouncing that he won't be making the same mistake as FDR in targeting specific citizens for collective security. Any President should do this, although Obama has not made good on his promise. Oh well. He will probably still be remembered as great like those other two Presidents who targeted specific citizens, President Lincoln and President Roosevelt.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 12:56 PM
It seems that Obama was clearly pronouncing that he won't be making the same mistake as FDR in targeting specific citizens for collective security. Any President should do this, although Obama has not made good on his promise. Oh well. He will probably still be remembered as great like those other two Presidents who targeted specific citizens, President Lincoln and President Roosevelt.

Could be.. except he specifically mentioned Arab and Pakistani Americans. Otherwise, you're right.. he could've been referring to midget spider monkeys, couldn't he?

KC
09-18-2012, 12:58 PM
Could be.. except he specifically mentioned Arab and Pakistani Americans. Otherwise, you're right.. he could've been referring to midget spider monkeys, couldn't he?

Muslim Americans are the group that is most likely to be targeted during a war with two Islamic states.

Mister D
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Kathaariancode is right. It's fairly clear what Obama is saying in that passage. Now why we have a Muslim colony at all is another issue.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 12:59 PM
Muslim Americans are the group that is most likely to be targeted during a war with two Islamic states.

I'm sure they find it comforting Obama would stand with them. Guess the rest of us infidels are on our own, eh?

KC
09-18-2012, 01:04 PM
I'm sure they find it comforting Obama would stand with them. Guess the rest of us infidels are on our own, eh?
Since he signed the NDAA into effect, yes, you're right. Obama or his successors may target Americans regardless of their race, religion or political orientation.

Mainecoons
09-18-2012, 01:09 PM
Don't be deceived. This NDAA fascism was passed by BOTH parties. Obama didn't do this on his own.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 01:11 PM
Since he wrote the book before he became POTUS, what do you think he meant by "stand by them?"

KC
09-18-2012, 01:14 PM
Since he wrote the book before he became POTUS, what do you think he meant by "stand by them?"
He meant that he will not give in to any sort of popular demand to take away the rights of American Muslims in order to pursue our collective interests in national security.

KC
09-18-2012, 01:15 PM
Don't be deceived. This NDAA fascism was passed by BOTH parties. Obama didn't do this on his own.

Absolutely. This is why I will never support a candidate with a viable chance of winning. I will waste my support on those who have no chance of ruling, and by extension have no means of oppressing us.

patrickt
09-18-2012, 01:28 PM
There are groups he won't stand by. He targeted conservative veterans, didn't he? He's targeted white Americans, Americans in general, Jews, bankers, corporations, business owners, and working people among others. He stands by radical Muslims, NBPP, and ACORN. That's our President.

KC
09-18-2012, 01:31 PM
There are groups he won't stand by. He targeted conservative veterans, didn't he? He's targeted white Americans, Americans in general, Jews, bankers, corporations, business owners, and working people among others. He stands by radical Muslims, NBPP, and ACORN. That's our President.
And among these group you mention, what constitutional rights has the President taken away?

Calypso Jones
09-18-2012, 01:58 PM
that's our Presidebt.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 02:11 PM
He meant that he will not give in to any sort of popular demand to take away the rights of American Muslims in order to pursue our collective interests in national security.

I understand that... now that he's president. But when he wrote the book, he wasn't president. What do you think he meant then? That he would riot with them in the streets?

Calypso Jones
09-18-2012, 02:12 PM

mores the pity. The group he really oughta target is the one that gets it's back covered. And a hairy back that is. I don't think the muslims understand the alleged nuance that imam sharrona sees. They think he means that he has their back..even if they do see him as a very very useful idiot and at the first opportunity he's as rich a target as Ambassador Stevens.

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 02:24 PM
http://thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/bo-egypt-e1347884127181.jpg

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 02:27 PM
Obama brags about killing bin laden... but unrest in the ME is due to a movie.

http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/3/0/2/1/1/7/9/SEND-IN-OBAMA-87646533627.jpeg

Smartmouthwoman
09-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Biden's most popular campaign slogan: BIN LADEN IS DEAD... GM IS ALIVE!!

http://markamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/benghazi_attack_nrrw.jpg

But the unrest in the ME is due to a YouTube movie trailer.

Goldie Locks
09-18-2012, 03:05 PM

Maybe you should read it again...

Since we have no idea what he means by I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction as he does not describe the winds or how much they may shift.

Does that mean if he thinks internment camps are coming, but are not? Does that mean if he thinks they are being discriminated against, even if they are not?

See what I mean???

Goldie Locks
09-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Did he tell you that?

KC
09-18-2012, 05:09 PM
Did he tell you that?

Yup. Me and Barack go back to our days running track at our Kenyan high school.

roadmaster
09-18-2012, 05:26 PM
I have all his books and yes he will stand with the Muslims to a point. His preacher was a so-called Christian but was a Muslim that became a unbeliever to both.

KC
09-19-2012, 10:51 AM
I understand that... now that he's president. But when he wrote the book, he wasn't president. What do you think he meant then? That he would riot with them in the streets?
He was a US Senator with Presidential ambitions...

shaarona
09-19-2012, 10:55 AM
I have all his books and yes he will stand with the Muslims to a point. His preacher was a so-called Christian but was a Muslim that became a unbeliever to both.Obama was referring to the internment of Japanese Americans.. Read much?

Goldie Locks
09-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Obama was referring to the internment of Japanese Americans.. Read much?

Yes, that's what he was referring to, but no one knows whether he meant actual or imaginary.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 12:07 PM

I have and I know what he was saying. As a Christian in which it's hard for me to believe you are or a Muslim how do you stand with him on partial-birth abortions and homosexuality and him telling the Muslims they have to accept this and let them have gay pride parades in the ME?
Obama said he was disappointed in NC because we voted marriage is between a man and a woman.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 12:24 PM
I have and I know what he was saying. As a Christian in which it's hard for me to believe you are or a Muslim how do you stand with him on partial-birth abortions and homosexuality and him telling the Muslims they have to accept this and let them have gay pride parades in the ME?
Obama said he was disappointed in NC because we voted marriage is between a man and a woman.

I am pro choice.. Abortion was not an issue in the early church nor in the US .

I figure God must have made homosexuals too.

Who is telling Muslims that they must have Gay Pride marches?

I think you may be one of those Christians who questions any Christian who doesn't believe exactly as you believe.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Who is telling Muslims that they must have Gay Pride marches?

Obama and that won't sit well with them. No, I do not believe a person is born gay nor do the majority of Muslims.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 12:40 PM
Obama and that won't sit well with them. No, I do not believe a person is born gay nor do the majority of Muslims.

I doubt you have a clue what Muslims believe. In fact, the SAG pays for gender reassignment.

Mister D
09-19-2012, 12:43 PM
I doubt you have a clue what Muslims believe. In fact, the SAG pays for gender reassignment.

Homosexual relations are illegal in parts of the Islamic world. It's not hard to guess what Muslim attitudes are.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 12:45 PM

No you don't and have proven this many times.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Homosexual relations are illegal in parts of the Islamic world. It's not hard to guess what Muslim attitudes are.

The ME has flourishing homosexual communities.. The issue is public behavior or pedophelia.

Homosexuality is treated the way it was in the US in the 1950s.

Mister D
09-19-2012, 12:50 PM
The ME has flourishing homosexual communities.. The issue is public behavior or pedophelia.

Again, in some Islamic states it is illegal. It's not hard to figure out what Muslim attitudes are.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 12:55 PM
Again, in some Islamic states it is illegal. It's not hard to figure out what Muslim attitudes are.

She knows nothing. Most likely she is a non-believer and hates Christians.

Mister D
09-19-2012, 12:56 PM
In fact, homosexuals have complained about harrassment, arrest, and torture by the authorities. Sorry, that doesn't sound like the 1950s in the USA.

Calypso Jones
09-19-2012, 12:58 PM

I don't recall beheading and hanging homosexuals by cranes in 1950's america. Nor do i remember Anti-america protestors sodomizing diplomats. I'm sure you can dig around and find something to bash your country with though.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 01:07 PM
Do you have a problem with reading for comprehension? Try again.

Responding with insults cannot change the words. He said them, you own them. No amount of "context" is going to change those very clear words.

Personally I think it was simply more over-the-top rhetoric from a narcissist who will say or do anything to live in the White House.

BTW, if you want to start a battle of wits through insults...you need to know you are coming to fight only half armed.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 01:34 PM

Let's step back a second on that one.

First, FDR's concentration camp treatment of Japanese was a knee jerk reaction to a horrible unprovoked attack on Americans. It was wrong.

However, the comparison is NOT valid.

In that case, Japanese Americans who were born here, volunteered to serve and protect their country and they did. Japanese community leaders also condemned the attack within hours of FDR's famous broadcast.

So, help me out here. Where was the righteous indignation from Islamic leaders in the wake of 911? It did not come until politicians met with them and suggested they might want to consider doing so, and even then it was anemic.

Now, we have seen a coordinated, preplanned attack on United States citizens in violation of International law. If there has been any form of denunciation of this horror, from American Islamic leaders, it has not attracted much attention if any, and I would suggest if there had been, the likes of Margot/Shaarona would have been blasting it all over the internet.

That raises, for me, a question of where lies the loyalty?

If, modern day US law favors security over rights, from pat downs at airports, unreasonable search and seizure to imprisonment without due process [Gitmo - the broken promise] then I wonder about the validity of that statement made long before 911.

If, as it SEEMS to be, Muslim loyalties lie with their faith and a jihad against the west, then in the current atmosphere of suspended rights of ALL Americans, not advancing that level of security against a potential threat would be treason.

It comes down to whose side are you on? And if it ain't the US.......?

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 01:40 PM

Show proof.

I have a gay friend who is a world leading engineer who can work anywhere he chooses.....except the ME.

If you are not lying this time, show ONE reliable source of a "flourishing homosexual" community.

BTW I find your linking child molestation with homosexuality offensive in the extreme....

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 02:03 PM
She knows nothing. Most likely she is a non-believer and hates Christians.

I expect she does as she is mature and intelligent .
"Hates" is too strong a word . Probably notes , with amused indifference

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Show proof.

I have a gay friend who is a world leading engineer who can work anywhere he chooses.....except the ME.

If you are not lying this time, show ONE reliable source of a "flourishing homosexual" community.

BTW I find your linking child molestation with homosexuality offensive in the extreme....

Was he a colleague when you did imaginary Journalism ?
You seem full of Hate as usual .Are you one of those awful Drama Queens ?

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't recall beheading and hanging homosexuals by cranes in 1950's america. Nor do i remember Anti-america protestors sodomizing diplomats. I'm sure you can dig around and find something to bash your country with though.

In Iran? Those two had raped three young boys.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:20 PM

Even Mecca has a vibrant gay underground.

He's one of those "Christians" who is hell bent to prove others are not Christians.

There has never been a shortage of ignoramuses.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 02:21 PM

She is young and doesn't understand them. Just like you refuse to see they are taking over some streets in London. They are going to outnumber you soon and have no respect for you. Tell me you haven't seen the signs they put up yet Islamic zone. Hide in your house.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 02:24 PM

He's one of those "Christians" who is hell bent to prove others are not Christians.

I go by Jesus teachings. Please go back and tell a crowd of Muslims you support this and the underground gay community. Bet you won't.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM
She is young and doesn't understand them. Just like you refuse to see they are taking over some streets in London. They are going to outnumber you soon and have no respect for you. Tell me you haven't seen the signs they put up yet Islamic zone. Hide in your house.

LOL.. I am not young.. There were always Gay Americans including engineers in Arabia. Sometimes they were involved in community theater as a hobby.

You can read about Gays in Mecca here.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7479150&page=1

Mister D
09-19-2012, 02:25 PM

You people make such lousy propagandists.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:26 PM
I go by Jesus teachings. Please go back and tell a crowd of Muslims you support this and the underground gay community. Bet you won't.

Why would I support it.. I prefer to leave them in peace.

Jesus didn't say anything about homosexuals.

Mister D
09-19-2012, 02:27 PM
LOL.. I am not young.. There were always Gay Americans including engineers in Arabia. Sometimes they were involved in community theater as a hobby.

Thanks!

Samir, like many gay men in the Arab world (http://thepoliticalforums.com/International/AroundTheWorld/story?id=6383651&page=1), guards his sexual orientation with a paranoid secrecy. To feel free he takes long vacations to Thailand, where he has a boyfriend, and spends weekends in Lebanon (http://thepoliticalforums.com/Travel/story?id=4832081&page=1), which he regards as having a more gay-tolerant society.But at home in Saudi Arabia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/International/AroundTheWorld/story?id=6383651&page=1), he is vigilant. Samir's parents don't know of his lifestyle. He says his mom would kill herself if she found out. They constantly set him up with women they consider potential wives. At work, Samir watches his words, careful not to arouse the suspicion of colleagues.
"You can't let a word slip that makes you seem gay-friendly or gay," he says. "Before you make a move you have to think."

Yeah, that's what we thought.

shaarona

The percentage of gays in the Arab world are about the same as in the US. The difference is that they are low profile.. like American homosexuals were in the 1950s.

Read this.

Mister D
The percentage of gays in the Arab world are about the same as in the US. The difference is that they are low profile.. like American homosexuals were in the 1950s.

Read this.

They keep a low profile for a reason, sweetie.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM

More insults?

For someone who makes up as much shit as you do, posts ad nausium without attribution, that deplorable.

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 02:29 PM

She is probably a spokesperson for the gay community posing as a Christian that knows Muslims.

Mister D
09-19-2012, 02:30 PM
She is probably a spokesperson for the gay community posing as a Christian that knows Muslims.

She sounds like that Moon and Sultan. Remember the guy pretending to be a Jew?

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:31 PM

From the link that you didn't read.

Samir occasionally goes to Saudi cafes (http://blogs.abcnews.com/worldview/2009/01/saudi-prince-wa.html) known to be popular gay hangouts, but his public engagements stop there. He and his friends are constantly wary of officers from the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (http://thepoliticalforums.com/TheLaw/story?id=5511065&page=1), the kingdom's religious police, who patrol for and punish men they suspect of being gay.
Homosexuality is illegal in Saudi Arabia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/International/story?id=6433768&page=1), but the charge calls for four witnesses to make a case. Arrests by the religious police are far more arbitrary. In a recent case they apprehended one man at a Jeddah shopping mall, suspecting he was gay from his tight jeans and fitted shirt.

"I've been invited to private parties (http://thepoliticalforums.com/Travel/story?id=5874280&page=1) for gay men in Jeddah, but I never go because I know what would happen if we were caught," Samir told ABC News.

Mister D

Samir occasionally goes to Saudi cafes (http://blogs.abcnews.com/worldview/2009/01/saudi-prince-wa.html) known to be popular gay hangouts, but his public engagements stop there. He and his friends are constantly wary of officers from the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and Prevention of Vice (http://thepoliticalforums.com/TheLaw/story?id=5511065&page=1), the kingdom's religious police, who patrol for and punish men they suspect of being gay.
Homosexuality is illegal in Saudi Arabia (http://thepoliticalforums.com/International/story?id=6433768&page=1), but the charge calls for four witnesses to make a case. Arrests by the religious police are far more arbitrary. In a recent case they apprehended one man at a Jeddah shopping mall, suspecting he was gay from his tight jeans and fitted shirt.

"I've been invited to private parties (http://thepoliticalforums.com/Travel/story?id=5874280&page=1) for gay men in Jeddah, but I never go because I know what would happen if we were caught," Samir told ABC News.

You;re proving yourself wrong, shaarona. :laugh:

shaarona
More insults?

For someone who makes up as much shit as you do, posts ad nausium without attribution, that deplorable.

You may be an idiot.. American ex-pats have lived and worked in the ME for decades.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 02:35 PM
You may be an idiot.. American ex-pats have lived and worked in the ME for decades.

I ask for attribution and you throw out more insults.

Clearly there is nothing here.

KC
09-19-2012, 02:44 PM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_B25XUI5HTRY/TFgEEarrm9I/AAAAAAAAA6Y/g9YghIPZCeA/s1600/treebeard.jpg

Side? I am on nobody's side, because nobody is on my side, little orc.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:46 PM
I ask for attribution and you throw out more insults.

Clearly there is nothing here.

Close The Kingdom in the Closet[/center]

Sodomy is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia, but gay life flourishes there. Why it is “easier to be gay than straight” in a society where everyone, gay and otherwise, lives in the closet

By Nadya Labi
Yasser, a 26-year-old artist, was taking me on an impromptu tour of his hometown of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on a sweltering September afternoon. The air conditioner of his dusty Honda battled the heat, prayer beads dangled from the rearview mirror, and the smell of the cigarette he’d just smoked wafted toward me as he stopped to show me a barbershop that his friends frequent. Officially, men in Saudi Arabia aren’t allowed to wear their hair long or to display jewelry—such vanities are usually deemed to violate an Islamic instruction that the sexes must not be too similar in appearance. But Yasser wears a silver necklace, a silver bracelet, and a sparkly red stud in his left ear, and his hair is shaggy. Yasser is gay, or so we would describe him in the West, and the barbershop we visited caters to gay men. Business is brisk.

Leaving the barbershop, we drove onto Tahlia Street, a broad avenue framed by palm trees, then went past a succession of sleek malls and slowed in front of a glass-and-steel shopping center. Men congregated outside and in nearby cafés. Whereas most such establishments have a family section, two of this area’s cafés allow only men; not surprisingly, they are popular among men who prefer one another’s company. Yasser gestured to a parking lot across from the shopping center, explaining that after midnight it would be “full of men picking up men.” These days, he said, “you see gay people everywhere.”

http://www.nairaland.com/411814/homosexuality-saudi-arabia

(I can't help it if you are ignorant and have never been anywhere.)

Mister D
09-19-2012, 02:47 PM
Been anywhere? The gay scene in Saudi Arabia isn't on many agendas. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

KC
09-19-2012, 02:52 PM
Let's step back a second on that one.

First, FDR's concentration camp treatment of Japanese was a knee jerk reaction to a horrible unprovoked attack on Americans. It was wrong.

However, the comparison is NOT valid.

In that case, Japanese Americans who were born here, volunteered to serve and protect their country and they did. Japanese community leaders also condemned the attack within hours of FDR's famous broadcast.

So, help me out here. Where was the righteous indignation from Islamic leaders in the wake of 911? It did not come until politicians met with them and suggested they might want to consider doing so, and even then it was anemic.

Now, we have seen a coordinated, preplanned attack on United States citizens in violation of International law. If there has been any form of denunciation of this horror, from American Islamic leaders, it has not attracted much attention if any, and I would suggest if there had been, the likes of Margot/Shaarona would have been blasting it all over the internet.

That raises, for me, a question of where lies the loyalty?

If, modern day US law favors security over rights, from pat downs at airports, unreasonable search and seizure to imprisonment without due process [Gitmo - the broken promise] then I wonder about the validity of that statement made long before 911.

If, as it SEEMS to be, Muslim loyalties lie with their faith and a jihad against the west, then in the current atmosphere of suspended rights of ALL Americans, not advancing that level of security against a potential threat would be treason.

So, for Muslim Americans' rights to be as valid as the Japanese, Muslim leaders would have to condemn the 9/11 attack? No, a right is a right. Even supporters of Muslim Terrorists have rights, and the US has no right to infringe upon those rights. All loyalties be damned.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:57 PM

Sodomy is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia, but gay life flourishes there. Why it is “easier to be gay than straight” in a society where everyone, gay and otherwise, lives in the closet

By Nadya Labi
Yasser, a 26-year-old artist, was taking me on an impromptu tour of his hometown of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, on a sweltering September afternoon. The air conditioner of his dusty Honda battled the heat, prayer beads dangled from the rearview mirror, and the smell of the cigarette he’d just smoked wafted toward me as he stopped to show me a barbershop that his friends frequent. Officially, men in Saudi Arabia aren’t allowed to wear their hair long or to display jewelry—such vanities are usually deemed to violate an Islamic instruction that the sexes must not be too similar in appearance. But Yasser wears a silver necklace, a silver bracelet, and a sparkly red stud in his left ear, and his hair is shaggy. Yasser is gay, or so we would describe him in the West, and the barbershop we visited caters to gay men. Business is brisk.

Leaving the barbershop, we drove onto Tahlia Street, a broad avenue framed by palm trees, then went past a succession of sleek malls and slowed in front of a glass-and-steel shopping center. Men congregated outside and in nearby cafés. Whereas most such establishments have a family section, two of this area’s cafés allow only men; not surprisingly, they are popular among men who prefer one another’s company. Yasser gestured to a parking lot across from the shopping center, explaining that after midnight it would be “full of men picking up men.” These days, he said, “you see gay people everywhere.”

More on Gays in Saudi Arabia.

http://www.glapn.org/sodomylaws/world/saudi_arabia/saudinews19.htm

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM

By Nadya Labi

Gee, Margot... do you really have to post more than this sentence? We get it... why is it so hard for you to understand?

Sodomy is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:58 PM
So, for Muslim Americans' rights to be as valid as the Japanese, Muslim leaders would have to condemn the 9/11 attack? No, a right is a right. Even supporters of Muslim Terrorists have rights, and the US has no right to infringe upon those rights. All loyalties be damned.

Muslims all over the world condemned 9-11.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM

Except those who were flying the planes, of course.

And the ones who live with you.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 02:59 PM
Gee, Margot... do you really have to post more than this sentence? We get it... why is it so hard for you to understand?

Sodomy is punishable by death in Saudi Arabia

You get it but the diehard morons don't.

KC
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM

Regardless, their rights are valid. Condemning the attacks merely earns them my thanks and respect.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:00 PM
You get it but the diehard morons don't.

I thought it was YOU who were claiming gays flourish in the ME?

Agravan
09-19-2012, 03:01 PM

If they condemn by partying in the streets, then yeah, I guess Muslims all over the world condemned 9-11.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:01 PM
Except those who were flying the planes, of course.

And the ones who live with you.

Live with whom?

Have you dumped your gyro?

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:02 PM
If they condemn by partying in the streets, then yeah, I guess Muslims all over the world condemned 9-11.

I had seen that film footage before, when Israel withdrew from Lebanon in May 2000.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Live with whom?

Have you dumped your gyro?

As much as you love muslims... can't believe you don't have a few in your household.

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 03:05 PM
More insults?

Filled with Hate .As ever

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM
As much as you love muslims... can't believe you don't have a few in your household.

You aren't very bright, are you?

Mister D
09-19-2012, 03:06 PM

I was wondering how many people were falling for this charade. :laugh:

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 03:08 PM
She sounds like that Moon and Sultan. Remember the guy pretending to be a Jew?

Another hate filled commontator .
Why do you enjoy picking on older people with a greater grasp of life ?
A touch of abuse in your background ?

Mister D
09-19-2012, 03:10 PM
Another hate filled commontator .
Why do you enjoy picking on older people with a greater grasp of life ?
A touch of abuse in your background ?

It's not my fault your breasts are sagging, Cary.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:12 PM
You aren't very bright, are you?

Don't have to be to see thru you, dear. Maybe you shouldn't have attached your FB page to a political forum.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Don't have to be to see thru you, dear. Maybe you shouldn't have attached your FB page to a political forum.

I don't have a Facebook page.

Do you make it a habit to tell lies?

http://www.aramcoexpats.com/photos/births-graduations-weddings/sabina-mehta-weds-joseph-nagle/aramco-annuitants.aspx

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:18 PM
It's fun when we can be anybody we want on the internet, isn't it?

KC
09-19-2012, 03:19 PM
Ladies, ladies, stop fighting, you're both beautiful.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Ladies, ladies, stop fighting, you're both beautiful.

No fighting involved, just setting the record straight.

And thanks, so are you. ;)

KC
09-19-2012, 03:23 PM
No fighting involved, just setting the record straight. And thanks, so are you. ;) http://i.qkme.me/3q5l96.jpg

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:28 PM
It's fun when we can be anybody we want on the internet, isn't it?

http://www.aramcoexpats.com/photos/births-graduations-weddings/sabina-mehta-weds-joseph-nagle/aramco-annuitants.aspx

http://bratland.com/

http://www.susris.com/

Aren't you from Texas? Have you never heard of Aramco Services on Milam in Houston either?

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:33 PM

Aren't you from Texas? Have you never heard of Aramco Services on Milam in Houston either?

Post all the links you want... I've seen the real you on your FB page.

You do know when you 'like' a political forum, it puts a link to your Facebook, right?

Oops!

KC
09-19-2012, 03:37 PM

You do know when you 'like' a political forum, it puts a link to your Facebook, right?

Oops!
where do you "like" these forums?

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:41 PM

Oops!

You are a liar.. I have no Facebook page.

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Not for transvestites .
What do you think Dee and Fearlicity ?

Another Cracker--- see Frank Carson . Late lamented true genius .

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:47 PM
where do you "like" these forums?

Ask Margot.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 03:48 PM

Oops!

I don't know what you are talking about re Facebook so I contacted the webmaster and the mods.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 03:49 PM
I don't know what you are talking about re Facebook so I contacted the webmaster and the mods.

Good for you. If I'd posted a link, you might have a case. ;)

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 04:25 PM

Don't worry Margot .
They are trying to take the piss .
If they are not bullying someone , they are bored .

shaarona
09-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Good for you. If I'd posted a link, you might have a case. ;)

If you aren't a liar, then the forum members have a right to know that you can access their Facebook pages on a whim.

Goldie Locks
09-19-2012, 04:35 PM
If you aren't a liar, then the forum members have a right to know that you can access their Facebook pages on a whim.

That's not how it works.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 04:42 PM
That's not how it works.

That's what she said and I don't have a Facebook page.

How does it work?

GrumpyDog
09-19-2012, 04:48 PM

And the late, great, Prince Ahmed bin Salman bin Abdulazia Al Saud offered "War Emblem" the fantastic racing horse as a gift, in rememberence of Bush/Saudi Arabian brotherhood.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.gossip.celebrities/hIq1Cw8niRk

Thank Allah, that Prince AbSbAAS died before FBI connected him with rest of Saudi Royal elites for conspiracy:

http://openchannel.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/03/14/10672374-new-questions-about-fbi-probe-of-saudis-post-911-exodus?lite

Maybe Bush/Cheney will eventually be arrested also. One can only hope.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 04:50 PM
And the late, great, Prince Ahmed bin Salman bin Abdulazia Al Saud offered "War Emblem" the fantastic racing horse as a gift, in rememberence of Bush/Saudi Arabian brotherhood.

https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups#!topic/alt.gossip.celebrities/hIq1Cw8niRk

Never let the bad guys win.......

The sad thing was the the mayor of NY Giuliani turned down the $10 million gift.. because there were 9 other Saudis ready to match it.

I just cried.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 05:15 PM
He was a US Senator with Presidential ambitions...

Yeah, I guess he slacked off as much as a senator as does a president if he had time to write a book.

Of course, that's the book folks say was written by Bill Ayers. Mr. Ayers had plenty of time to write... especially about redesigning America.

Calypso Jones
09-19-2012, 05:20 PM
muslims all over the world condemned 9-11.

flink

Trinnity
09-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Ladies and gentlemen, there have been a lot of attacks on this thread by multiple people. PLEASE keep it civil so we don't have to close the thread.

PLEASE !!!

shaarona
09-19-2012, 05:23 PM
flink

Didn't you read the Arab press?

Daily Star

Gulf Times,

Saudi Gaazette

Arab News

Al Bawaba

Cairo Times...

The list was endless..

And every Arab Embassy put a message on their websites.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 05:29 PM

Good idea:

FORUM MEMBERS! Be warned. In case a political forum announces they have a new Facebook page and invite forum members to become 'friends' with their page... if you become their 'friend' your member name will be connected to your Facebook name and your identity is revealed.

Unless, of course, you have a FB page under the same name you're posting under... then it's no problem.

Most people include family on their FB pages and don't want them connected to political forums. Duh. But some people don't care... and some people just don't know any better. This was a case of the latter.

Here, let me help you, Margot. All you had to say was, "I'm not Margot and I don't have a FB page. You must be thinking of someone else."

Now, the subject is closed as far as I'm concerned. I hate Facebook... but my family & friends love it. I promised to join them there after I save The United States of America from Barack Obama. Look for me mid-November. ;)

Mainecoons
09-19-2012, 05:31 PM
http://www.usnews.com/news/religion/articles/2008/04/07/why-did-so-many-muslims-seem-to-celebrate-911

Credible source and thoughtful discussion.

shaarona
09-19-2012, 05:34 PM
Good idea:

FORUM MEMBERS! Be warned. In case a political forum announces they have a new Facebook page and invite forum members to become 'friends' with their page... if you become their 'friend' your member name will be connected to your Facebook name and your identity is revealed.

Unless, of course, you have a FB page under the same name you're posting under... then it's no problem.

Most people include family on their FB pages and don't want them connected to political forums. Duh. But some people don't care... and some people just don't know any better. This was a case of the latter.

Here, let me help you, Margot. All you had to say was, "I'm not Margot and I don't have a FB page. You must be thinking of someone else."

Now, the subject is closed as far as I'm concerned. I hate Facebook... but my family & friends love it. I promised to join them there after I save The United States of America from Barack Obama. Look for me mid-November. ;)

Trying to weasel out of your lies? I told you that I don't have a Facebook page 3 times.

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 05:43 PM
Good article. Trying to analyze the thinking of groups stuck in another century is never easy and it started to sound like an excuse piece to me... until I got to the last paragraph.

And even if extremist Islamists are only a minority within Islam, no one should forget the lesson of the Russian Bolsheviks: Determined minorities sometimes win.

I'm sure the innocent victims of 9/11 would second that advice.

Trinnity
09-19-2012, 05:45 PM
<<<Ladies, please stop now. Thanks.>>>

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 05:48 PM
Trying to weasel out of your lies? I told you that I don't have a Facebook page 3 times.

But you lied. I've seen it.

Now, if you want to keep this going, it's fine with me. But I've been asked to back off and that's what I plan to do.

:vrolijk_26:

shaarona
09-19-2012, 05:53 PM
<<<Ladies, please stop now. Thanks.>>>

I would like an apology from her ... I have no Facebook page under ANY name.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 05:57 PM

By Nadya Labi

Blah blah blah...

Show me or shut the fuck up.

Enough fucking lying.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 05:59 PM
But you lied. I've seen it.

Now, if you want to keep this going, it's fine with me. But I've been asked to back off and that's what I plan to do.

:vrolijk_26:

Every fucking word this dipwad says is a lie...

and as we have seen most of what she says is the opposite of the truth...

Gay life flourishes in Arab countries.....

Horseshit mixed with bullshit mixed with hot air. She's a terrorist apologist.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Good article. Trying to analyze the thinking of groups stuck in another century is never easy and it started to sound like an excuse piece to me... until I got to the last paragraph.

I'm sure the innocent victims of 9/11 would second that advice.

Starting?

It is terrorism 101.

Deadwood
09-19-2012, 06:01 PM
Didn't you read the Arab press?

Daily Star

Gulf Times,

Saudi Gaazette

Arab News

Al Bawaba

Cairo Times...

The list was endless..

And every Arab Embassy put a message on their websites.

show us or shut the fuck up.

Your lies are an insult

Smartmouthwoman
09-19-2012, 06:02 PM

Always has been...

GrumpyDog
09-19-2012, 07:24 PM

No, SMW is from is from Pluto, and believes the best form of government is Plutocracy (with Romney as CEO in Chief).

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 11:44 PM

Your lies are an insult

Ignorance and vulgarity combined is about as low as an individual can sink .
Discuss .

Carygrant
09-19-2012, 11:46 PM

In an ideal world I would love to see you running an Anger Management course .

roadmaster
09-19-2012, 11:55 PM

Your lies are an insult

It is getting rather irritating that she gives no links. If it's all over than one or two wouldn't be a problem.

shaarona
09-20-2012, 06:35 AM
It is getting rather irritating that she gives no links. If it's all over than one or two wouldn't be a problem.

I have posted several links on this thread.. Pity you are unable to read.

shaarona
09-20-2012, 06:36 AM

By Nadya Labi

Links for you...............

shaarona
09-20-2012, 06:37 AM

shaarona
09-20-2012, 06:38 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...7479150&page=1 (http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7479150&page=1)

Jack Fate
09-20-2012, 06:40 AM

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...7479150&page=1 (http://abcnews.go.com/International/story?id=7479150&page=1)

What is your take on the Quran condoning wife beating?

shaarona
09-20-2012, 06:42 AM
What is your take on the Quran condoning wife beating?

A wife can be beaten with a miswak as a last resort. Miswak is the key word here.

Jack Fate
09-20-2012, 06:51 AM
A wife can be beaten with a miswak as a last resort. Miswak is the key word here.

I disagree. I think "beaten" is the key word here. You condone wife abuse?

Calypso Jones
09-25-2012, 11:50 AM
just so you don't forget, ImamObama reiterates.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/09/25/obama-at-un-let-us-remember-that-muslims-have-suffered-the-most-at-the-hands-of-extremism/

Muslims have suffered the most at the hands of extremism...and that ain't even countin' me, your messiah and what i have had to put up with from these extremist america loving conservatives.

KC
09-25-2012, 12:17 PM
Obama himself has caused the death, destruction and suffering of countless Muslim families abroad. What a snake.

Mister D
09-25-2012, 12:27 PM
Obama himself has caused the death, destruction and suffering of countless Muslim families abroad. What a snake.

Yeah, all that indignation vanished quite abruptly when BO took office.

patrickt
09-25-2012, 05:03 PM
U.S. citizen may be a legalism and President Obama may be a U.S. citizen. Being an American is not a legalism and President Obama isn't, and doesn't want to be, an American.

Goldie Locks
09-25-2012, 05:14 PM

So ABC News is the go to source for what Muslims believe...LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!

Calypso Jones
09-25-2012, 05:37 PM
Hey good news. And Obama may very well implement this in his second term.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/09/25/senior-jihadi-writer-calls-for-beheading-westerners-putting-their-decapitated-heads-on-display-to-silence-attempts-to-mock-mohammed/

Sr. Jihadii calls for beheading westerners and putting their decapitated heads on display to silence attempts to mock mohammad.

Rev 20:4--
And I saw the SOULS of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the 'Beast,' neither his 'Image,' neither had received his 'Mark' upon their foreheads, or in their hands.

Carygrant
09-26-2012, 03:30 AM
You condone wife abuse?

Only before Divorce .
My Pappy said , Beat em into common sense .

Calypso Jones
09-30-2012, 01:18 PM
Another. Chavez says Obama is a good guy and either Obama would vote for him or he'd vote for obama.

America....HELLLLLLO.

http://weaselzippers.us/2012/09/30/hugo-chavez-id-vote-for-obama-he-is-a-good-guy/

Calypso Jones
09-30-2012, 06:40 PM

From your mouth to God's ear. This blatant liar and his lying suporting media henchmen, if there is any justice in this world, WILL Lose this election.

Carygrant
10-01-2012, 01:23 AM
God said , Let there be light . Apparently .
No mention of Justice .
Thank goodness . Life would be so boring otherwise .

birddog
10-01-2012, 07:43 AM
Abe Fortus likely said, "No Justice!!"

patrickt
10-01-2012, 08:22 AM
http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by shaaronahttp://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=133662#post133662)Blatant liars are always losers.

"Actual quote from "The Audacity of Hope" [pg. 261]: Of course, not all my conversations in immigrant communities follow this easy pattern. In the wake of 9/11, my meetings with Arab and Pakistani Americans, for example, have a more urgent quality, for the stories of detentions and FBI questioning and hard stares from neighbors have shaken their sense of security and belonging. They have been reminded that the history of immigration in this country has a dark underbelly; they need specific assurances that their citizenship really means something, that America has learned the right lessons from the Japanese internments during World War II, and that I will stand with them should the political winds shift in an ugly direction."

Wow, an actual quote from a fictional autobiography. But, I do appreciate your pointing out that any story, any idea, any rumor or gossip that paints America in a bad light will be believed and acted upon by President Obama. I was proud that the governor of our state, Colorado, opposed the imprisonment of our Japanese citizens by our first socialist president and President Obama's hero, President Franklin Roosevelt.

During the Gulf War I went to our mosque every Friday night to talk with the men--no women of course--and I handled all complaints to the police involving the mosque or any of its congregation as victims. I heard a lot of stories. Some were stories of women wearing burkas or hijabs being stared at. My wife belonged to a Seventh-Day Adventist cult and they wore strange clothes. My personal favorite was long skirts with pants under them for cold weather. She got a lot of stares, too.

Liberals in our city were convinced there would be assaults and all sorts of outrages. Sadly, for them, there weren't. Most stories had perfectly innocent explanations. One night a very irate man said his wife was driving their car shopping and a student on a bicycle pounded on the roof of the car and shouted because she was wearing a hijab. I said, "Are you sure it wasn't because she ran him off the road?" He thought a minute and said, "Well, it could have been."

I don't for a minute doubt the liberal ability to read minds. That is, after all, the basis for their hate crimes.

One case had a basis in reality. Two 14-year old boys sat in a bedroom window with a B-B gun and shot out lights on the back of the mosque. They apologized and paid for the damage.

But, President Obama has always stood with the Muslims as he said he would just as he stands with the unions as he said he would. Sadly, he doesn't distinguish between Muslims who are good people and good citizens and terrorists. The same goes for union members who are decent people and citizens and union thugs and organized crime. President Obama's friends are America's enemies. Our enemies are his friends. I'm sure, Shaarona, you can understand that.

Captain Obvious
10-01-2012, 06:02 PM
I will stand with the mushrooms.

... sauteed in garlic and olive oil.