PDA

View Full Version : Priebus: The party is choosing a nominee

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 07:40 PM
Priebus: The party is choosing a nominee (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/priebus-the-party-is-choosing-a-nominee/article/2587688)

The RNC should have a snazzy uniform. As should the DNC. They can have identical uniforms except for a minor difference in their "unit" patch.

Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus cautioned supporters of Donald Trump who vocally disapprove of the GOP's delegate allocation and selection process.

"By the way, this is a nomination for the Republican Party," Priebus told 620 WTMJ in Wisconsin. "If you don't like the party, then sit down. The party is choosing a nominee."

sieg heil der fuhrer

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 07:42 PM
Priebus: The party is choosing a nominee (http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/priebus-the-party-is-choosing-a-nominee/article/2587688)

The RNC should have a snazzy uniform. As should the DNC. They can have identical uniforms except for a minor difference in their "unit" patch.

sieg heil der fuhrer

I told you that this morning... Didn't I? This is a Republic... not a Democracy.

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 07:47 PM
I told you that this morning... Didn't I? This is a Republic... not a Democracy.

And the topic is about a private organization- the Republican National Committee.

You were saying?

:shocked:

TrueBlue
04-06-2016, 07:48 PM
Wir wählen die wir wollen. Ob er will oder nicht, Sie haben keine Stimme. Jetzt halts Maul!

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 07:56 PM
And the topic is about a private organization- the Republican National Committee.

You were saying?

:shocked:

Are you seriously NOT able to follow a thought... I KNOW what the topic is.. and I told you this was what was happening in the DNC and the RNC.. they ARE private and they can make the rules.. People do not elect the party nominees.. although I bet most think they do.. It's not a democratic process.. I'm not even sure why they hold primaries.. they should just have a convention and the party should choose who it puts on the ballot.

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 07:58 PM
Are you seriously NOT able to follow a thought... I KNOW what the topic is.. and I told you this was what was happening in the DNC and the RNC.. they ARE private and they can make the rules.. People do not elect the party nominees.. although I bet most think they do.. It's not a democratic process..

Ah I see now.

Yes the US is a republic and not a democracy. And that is good.

Outside of that context, the parties are private and do what they want.

Quicksilver
04-06-2016, 08:03 PM
Ah I see now.

Yes the US is a republic and not a democracy. And that is good.

Outside of that context, the parties are private and do what they want.

Didn't sound like you believed the RNC was doing that this morning when you were ragging on the DNC and the Super Delegates... Changed your tune have you?

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 08:07 PM
Didn't sound like you believed the RNC was doing that this morning when you were ragging on the DNC and the Super Delegates... Changed your tune have you?

No. I rag on both parties. You haven't been here long enough to see that. :smiley:

hanger4
04-06-2016, 08:10 PM
Of course the party (Republican) is choosing It's candidate. Tis what the primarys are all about. The difference being how superdelegates are awarded.

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 08:18 PM
Of course the party (Republican) is choosing It's candidate. Tis what the primarys are all about. The difference being how superdelegates are awarded.

Does the RNC have super delegates?

Why do we waste our time with primaries if the party apparatus is picking the nominee?

hanger4
04-06-2016, 09:09 PM
Does the RNC have super delegates?

Why do we waste our time with primaries if the party apparatus is picking the nominee?
Yes the RNC has superdelegates and the RNC's superdelegates are bound to their state's primary vote.

DNC's superdelegates are not.

Trump or whoever wins enough (1237 ?) primary delegates it's done unless they change the rules as they stand.

The DNC rules on superdelegates could mean the popular vote winner might not have the delegates to win at convention.

hanger4
04-06-2016, 09:42 PM
Are you seriously NOT able to follow a thought... I KNOW what the topic is.. and I told you this was what was happening in the DNC and the RNC.. they ARE private and they can make the rules.. People do not elect the party nominees.. although I bet most think they do.. It's not a democratic process.. I'm not even sure why they hold primaries.. they should just have a convention and the party should choose who it puts on the ballot.

As the rules stand Quicksilver in the RNC you don't know what you're talking about.

Peter1469
04-06-2016, 09:43 PM
Shocking.

zelmo1234
04-07-2016, 01:36 AM
Wir wählen die wir wollen. Ob er will oder nicht, Sie haben keine Stimme. Jetzt halts Maul!

Wow, that came really easy for you?

Quicksilver
04-07-2016, 07:14 AM
As the rules stand @Quicksilver (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1900) in the RNC you don't know what you're talking about.

Typical response from you... You don't have a good or rational comeback.. so you claim the other is stupid... Way to go 'Einstein"

Cigar
04-07-2016, 07:20 AM
Stop trying so hard to compare Republicans to Democrats. :laugh:

The GOP has no one to blame but themselves ...

Those years of Winking, Snickering and Obstructing has come back to Bite them in the Nuts. :grin:

Peter1469
04-07-2016, 07:21 AM
Typical response from you... You don't have a good or rational comeback.. so you claim the other is stupid... Way to go 'Einstein"

Seriously? You just described the bulk of your own posts.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 07:24 AM

All ready been explained in post #11 to Peter.

Do try and keep up "Einstein".

Would you like me to post it to you also so you don't feel left out ??

JDubya
04-07-2016, 02:23 PM
No. I rag on both parties. You haven't been here long enough to see that. :smiley:

I've been here for awhile and I could count on two fingers the number of times you've even so much as mildly criticized the Republicans. A tiny, miniscule fraction of not only the number of times as the Democrats, but of the severity of your critique, too.

Please don't try to paint yourself as non-partisan, Peter.

You are obviously well to the right and underneath any pretext of equal disdain for both parties, you are still a Republican.

And come this November, you will vote for whoever they nominate.

JDubya
04-07-2016, 02:26 PM
Wow, that came really easy for you?

https://www.freetranslation.com/en/translate-english-german

The Xl
04-07-2016, 02:29 PM
It's neither a republic or a democracy. It's a system where a small group of wealthy elites control bought politicians through proxy. And they're not even secretive about it anymore.

birddog
04-07-2016, 02:45 PM
It's neither a republic or a democracy. It's a system where a small group of wealthy elites control bought politicians through proxy. And they're not even secretive about it anymore.

Sad to say, but there's a lot of truth to that. That's why they hate Trump, he's not easy to buy.

Peter1469
04-07-2016, 04:20 PM
I've been here for awhile and I could count on two fingers the number of times you've even so much as mildly criticized the Republicans. A tiny, miniscule fraction of not only the number of times as the Democrats, but of the severity of your critique, too.

Please don't try to paint yourself as non-partisan, Peter.

You are obviously well to the right and underneath any pretext of equal disdain for both parties, you are still a Republican.

And come this November, you will vote for whoever they nominate.

That was pure BS. You made that entire rant up.

The republicans already eliminated my candidate. So I am not sure why you think I will vote GOP.

Peter1469
04-07-2016, 04:21 PM

oligarchy

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 04:24 PM

There are no super delegates on the Republican side.

Still, both parties are doing everything they can to ensure the establishment candidate is nominated.

It's quite unlikely the RNC can accomplish that task and make it look legit. They would really need to pull some shenanigans to give the nomination to Kaisich.

Sanders is making it tough on the DNC, but they will get their preferred candidate nominated and have the media running interference for them to explain it away.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 04:25 PM

sieg heil der fuhrer

Anyone who subscribes to a current political party in today's environment deserves exactly what they get... Nothing but lip service and a prison shower scene...

hanger4
04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
There are no super delegates on the Republican side.
Delegates to the RNC who are seated automatically are considered superdelegates. The difference being RNC superdelegates are bound to their states primary vote.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 04:39 PM
. Yes, the Republicans have delegates, but super delegates are exclusive to the Democrats.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 04:53 PM
Delegates to the RNC who are seated automatically are considered superdelegates. The difference being RNC superdelegates are bound to their states primary vote.

Look, there is no such thing as "super delegates" in the RNC. I don't know why you are a
trying to argue a position which does not exist?

Now, that could change because the party creates their own rules. Just prior to the convention the RNC can change their rules and establish super delegates in the image of the Democrats. But as of today, there is no such thing as a Republican super delegate.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 04:53 PM
. Yes, the Republicans have delegates, but super delegates are exclusive to the Democrats.

Yes the RNC has superdelegates as I explained.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 05:05 PM
Yes the RNC has superdelegates as I explained.

I give up.

I'm not going to try to engage in a discussion with someone who's trying to argue a point which doesn't exist.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 05:25 PM
I give up.

I'm not going to try to engage in a discussion with someone who's trying to argue a point which doesn't exist.

I've read site after site after site from all sides of the political spectrum that explains and discusses RNC superdelegates. I'd be more than happy to read whatever tells or told you the RNC doesn't use that terminology.

Update; technically there are no superdelegates in either party at lest officially. It's a term coined years ago to describe DNC delegates that vote anyway they wish. After time the term is used to describe any automatically seated delegate.

It seems we're both wrong and both right.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 05:43 PM
I've read site after site after site from all sides of the political spectrum that explains and discusses RNC superdelegates. I'd be more than happy to read whatever tells or told you the RNC doesn't use that terminology.

I told you I gave up. I don't know how to deal with someone who's trying to explain the characteristics of something which doesn't exist.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 06:10 PM
I told you I gave up. I don't know how to deal with someone who's trying to explain the characteristics of something which doesn't exist.

I'm sorry nobodies as smart as you believe you are. Must be tough living in that gilded cage all by yourself. If you'd explain yourself instead of 'because I said so' you wouldn't waste so much time attempting to get your point across.

BTW I updated the post you quoted.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 06:19 PM
I'm sorry nobodies as smart as you believe you are. Must be tough living in that gilded cage all by yourself. If you'd explain yourself instead of 'because I said so' you wouldn't waste so much time attempting to get your point across.

BTW I updated the post you quoted.

I can determine fact from fiction. Apparently that's becoming a rare skill set.

Some people must get their information from other misinformed people on Internet message boards.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 06:25 PM
Update; technically there are no superdelegates in either party at lest officially.

It seems we're both wrong and both right.

Heavy sigh...

The DNC does in fact have delegates they have termed "super delegates". They can pledge or change their support for a candidate at any time during the nomination process. They gave them that designation, not me.

The RNC has no such delegate. What the RNC does have is a small number of delegates which are unpledged. They pledge their support for a particular candidate at the convention. Once they pledge their support it can not be withdrawn. Their rules, not mine.

the RNC's unpledged delegates can be somewhat compared to the Democrats use of super delegates.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 06:28 PM
I can determine fact from fiction. Apparently that's becoming a rare skill set.

Some people must get their information from other misinformed people on Internet message boards.

And still no explanation just 'cause I said so'.

Every major newsie both left and right uses the term superdelegates to describe certain delegates for both sides. And as I explained technically there are no superdelegates on either side officially.

Tahuyaman
04-07-2016, 06:32 PM
And still no explanation just 'cause I said so'.

Every major newsie both left and right uses the term superdelegates to describe certain delegates for both sides. And as I explained technically there are no superdelegates on either side officially.

No explanation? Seriously?

The term super delegates is limited exclusively to the DNC.

Now I'm done.

hanger4
04-07-2016, 06:44 PM
No explanation? Seriously?

The term super delegates is limited exclusively to the DNC.

Now I'm done.

So says god.

Ya want a list of the major newsies that use superdelegates for both parties ??