PDA

View Full Version : Warning: School Officer Slams 12 Year Old Girl

Pages : [1] 2

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 04:32 PM
School officer on leave after video shows him body-slamming 12-year-old girl (http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/04/07/san-antonio-school-officer-on-leave-after-video-shows-him-body-slamming-12-year-old-girl.html)

A San Antonio school police officer has been placed on leave while the district investigates a video purporting to show him throwing a 12-year-old girl onto the ground last week.

San Antonio Independent School District spokeswoman Leslie Price told the San Antonio Express-News that Officer Joshua Kehm intervened in a verbal argument between two girls at Rhodes Middle School on March 29.

"We need to find out the details as to what occurred, but I can say that we will not tolerate excessive force in this district," Price told KSAT.

The 33-second video, which the Express-News reported was posted to YouTube Tuesday, shows Kehm struggling to restrain the student, identified as Janissa Valdez. Kehm then throws her to the ground and handcuffs her before picking her up and walking her away.

KSAT reported that a group of students claimed that Valdez kicked the officer several times before he grabbed her. Valdez denied doing so, telling the station that she was suspended from school for two days as a result of the initial confrontation.

"I was upset. I was angry, because I still couldn't believe that he had done that to her," Valdez's mother Gloria said. "And then she told me 'Mom, I wasn't fighting. Why would he do that?'"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GRdC_J_ng&nohtml5=False

A grown man slams a twelve-year old girl to the ground, alleges she kicked him.

If she did kick him, then it was well before he slammed her to the ground.

But assuming she did kick him, is violently slamming a twelve-year-old girl to the ground an appropriate response to being kicked by her? I'm not a coward or a weakling who is afraid of getting kicked by an unruly child, so I say it's not appropriate. What say you?

FindersKeepers
04-07-2016, 04:37 PM
He obviously needs additional training.

But -- what about the elephant in the room????

Why was the girl struggling to get away from the officer? Has no one taught her that if she does so -- she's likely to get in a bit more trouble? Or, slammed, as happened in this case?

What are public schools (and parents) teaching kids these days?

Because her actions led to the officers slam. I don't approve of what he did -- but that girl needs to learn some respect for authority.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 04:39 PM

Why was the girl struggling to get away from the officer? Has no one taught her that if she does so -- she's likely to get in a bit more trouble? Or, slammed, as happened in this case?

Because her actions led to the officers slam. I don't approve of what he did -- but that girl needs to learn some respect for authority.

She's a child. Sometimes children behave in an unruly manner. And I doubt being body slammed by a grown man is going to teach her "respect" for authority. If anything, she will grow to resent it like so many other Americans, and rightfully so.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 04:40 PM
And I'm pretty sure the "elephant in the room" is the grown man violently slamming a child to the ground. Not her bad attitude.

OGIS
04-07-2016, 04:46 PM
And I'm pretty sure the "elephant in the room" is the grown man violently slamming a child to the ground. Not her bad attitude.

Shush now. She was a Brown Person behaving badly. Social Discipline must be maintained!

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GRdC_J_ng&nohtml5=False

A grown man slams a twelve-year old girl to the ground, alleges she kicked him.

If she did kick him, then it was well before he slammed her to the ground.

But assuming she did kick him, is violently slamming a twelve-year-old girl to the ground an appropriate response to being kicked by her? I'm not a coward or a weakling who is afraid of getting kicked by an unruly child, so I say it's not appropriate. What say you?

Way out of line but what this really is is a failure of parenting.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:09 PM
Way out of line but what this really is is a failure of parenting.

She's a kid. Sometimes they misbehave or refuse to obey authority figures. It happens, no matter how good a parent you are. So this isn't really a failure of parenting. It's a failure of policing and culture. This is not what manliness looks like.

Doublejack
04-07-2016, 05:10 PM
Resisting to cooperative in seconds :)

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:10 PM
She's a kid. Sometimes they misbehave or refuse to obey authority figures. It happens, no matter how good a parent you are. So this isn't really a failure of parenting. It's a failure of policing and culture. This is not what manliness looks like.

Well I tell ya...if this was my daughter she would have hell to pay given her behavior... Naturally I would do my part in having the cop fired from his job never to work with kids again but my daughter wouldn't be walking away from this with the idea that it was some sort of victory...

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:12 PM
Resisting to cooperative in seconds :)

Exactly the kind of response I expect from a beta male.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:13 PM
Well I tell ya...if this was my daughter she would have hell to pay given her behavior... Naturally I would do my part in having the cop fired from his job never to work with kids again but my daughter wouldn't be walking away from this with the idea that it was some sort of victory...

What behavior?

Doublejack
04-07-2016, 05:17 PM

lol

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:24 PM
Why are there so many soft cops in this country? How do these mental weaklings manage to infiltrate a position of trust and power within their communities?

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:25 PM
What behavior?

She was in an altercation with another student...refused to stop fighting...apparently kicked the cop and was clearly struggling when she got slammed... That behavior.

The Xl
04-07-2016, 05:25 PM
Embarrassing and disgraceful. He should be fired, sued, and prosecuted, but I'm sure it will start and end with a paid vacation.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:27 PM
She was in an altercation with another student...refused to stop fighting...apparently kicked the cop and was clearly struggling when she got slammed... That behavior.

She sounds like a hardened criminal... :wink:

The Xl
04-07-2016, 05:28 PM
Why are there so many soft cops in this country? How do these mental weaklings manage to infiltrate a position of trust and power within their communities?

Dumb down standards and let it be universally known that cops can run lawless, and you'll naturally attract psychopaths, sociopaths, people with massive Napoleon complexes, naturally violent and aggressive people, and people who are easily overwhelmed.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:29 PM

Well no but she doesn't exactly sound like a good kid. I blame the parents... ;)

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:29 PM
Embarrassing and disgraceful. He should be fired, sued, and prosecuted, but I'm sure it will start and end with a paid vacation.

I can tell you've never had to stare down an unruly twelve-year-old girl before. You're one of those Monday morning quarterbacks, aren't you?

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:30 PM
Dumb down standards and let it be universally known that cops can run lawless, and you'll naturally attract psychopaths, sociopaths, people with massive Napoleon complexes, naturally violent and aggressive people, and people who are easily overwhelmed.

I could just feel his rage. How dare this little girl resist my will!? I'm a police officer!

OGIS
04-07-2016, 05:31 PM

Snort! LOL!

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:33 PM
Well no but she doesn't exactly sound like a good kid. I blame the parents... ;)

It's one incident. And her mother says she gets bullied at school, so maybe she was just sticking up for herself? In any case, what child doesn't misbehave from time-to-time? A little rambunctiousness is to be expected, no?

OGIS
04-07-2016, 05:34 PM

I'm waiting for the epic defense of it here when cops to start gunning down eight year olds.

Or infants. "He was pointing that rattle right at me!"

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:37 PM
It's one incident. And her mother says she gets bullied at school, so maybe she was just sticking up for herself? In any case, what child doesn't misbehave from time-to-time? A little rambunctiousness is to be expected, no?

Misbehaving is one thing...the behavior she displayed is another... While this doesn't justify the cop's actions whatsoever the parents should take a long hard look in the mirror if they are assigning blame.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:38 PM
I must have been the last generation of kids who were allowed to be kids. We played outside, got dirty, scrapped our knees, got in fights, blew things up, smoked cigarettes and generally raised hell. And nobody thought anything of it.

Kids will be kids was the prevailing attitude.

Now kids are treated like mini-adults, with many of the same expectations and standards as adults foisted on them. And government schools are increasingly resembling prison systems where children are treated like inmates instead of the intellectually, emotionally and physically undeveloped people they are.

Something is going terribly wrong in this country. I blame the beta males... :smiley:

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:40 PM
I must have been the last generation of kids who were allowed to be kids. We played outside, got dirty, scrapped our knees, got in fights, blew things up, smoked cigarettes and generally raised hell. And nobody thought anything of it.

Now kids are treated like mini-adults, with many of the same expectations and standards as adults foisted on them. And government schools are increasingly resembling prison systems where children are treated like inmates instead of the intellectually and emotionally undeveloped people they are.

Something is going terribly wrong in this country. I blame the beta males... :smiley:

I disagree. If anything parents, cops, teachers and other adults in positions of authority used to dole out corporal punishment regularly. The idea that we are raising a hand and saying this is out of bounds is a relatively new concept. Within the last couple of decades.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:41 PM
Misbehaving is one thing...the behavior she displayed is another... While this doesn't justify the cop's actions whatsoever the parents should take a long hard look in the mirror if they are assigning blame.

The behavior she displayed was typical child behavior. Getting into a fight, throwing a tantrum, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Granted, there are some children out there who are as close to perfect as can be. Maybe you have those kinds of kids. Congratulations. But most kids are not that way, and we should not expect them to be that way. That's why we make a distinction between children and adults in the first place, because children are immature and underdeveloped.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:42 PM
The behavior she displayed was typical child behavior.

Getting into a fight, throwing a tantrum, etc. Nothing out of the ordinary. Granted, there are some children out there who are as close to perfect as can be. Maybe you have those kinds of kids. Congratulations. But most kids are not that way, and we should not expect them to be that way. That's why we make a distinction between children and adults in the first place, because children are immature and underdeveloped.

No congratulations is necessary. Clear rules, boundaries and limitations go a long way with kids. Most kids are not the way this girl is but we can agree to disagree.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:43 PM
I disagree. If anything parents, cops, teachers and other adults in positions of authority used to dole out corporal punishment regularly. The idea that we are raising a hand and saying this is out of bounds is a relatively new concept. Within the last couple of decades.

I'm pretty sure body slamming children was always out of bounds.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 05:44 PM
I'm pretty sure body slamming children was always out of bounds.

Really? I remember when teachers were still using wooden paddles with holes in them...

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:45 PM
No congratulations is necessary. Clear rules, boundaries and limitations go a long way with kids. Most kids are not the way this girl is but we can agree to disagree.

Most kids don't get into fights? Most kids don't throw tantrums? That hasn't been my experience.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:47 PM
Really? I remember when teachers were still using wooden paddles with holes in them...

Smacking someone on the butt with a wooden paddle does not place a child at risk of serious or life-threatening injuries. Body slamming them to the ground does.

Safety
04-07-2016, 05:48 PM

Does the article say whether or not her parent(s) handled it afterwards?

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 05:58 PM

And just so we're clear, the custom in the old days was basically to let kids fight. And if little Johnny came home with a black eye, his dad would tell him to put a steak on it and to keep his hands up next time. Nobody went crying to the cops. And nobody thought their kid was bad because they got in a fight. Fighting is as American as apple pie. So if you're going to blame anyone, then blame America... :grin:

Peter1469
04-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Shush now. She was a Brown Person behaving badly. Social Discipline must be maintained!

Poisoning the well logical fallacy

donttread
04-07-2016, 06:17 PM

Point taken. While the body slam looked to be excessive , she was clearly out of control. My only problem was that the body slam was simply too much force, but not by a lot. If he had simply pushed her to the ground or tripper , no problem. Makes me wonder if some of these videos aren't from "6:1:1" schools?

FindersKeepers
04-07-2016, 06:21 PM
She's a child. Sometimes children behave in an unruly manner. And I doubt being body slammed by a grown man is going to teach her "respect" for authority. If anything, she will grow to resent it like so many other Americans, and rightfully so.

Had I ever disrespected an officer of the law at her age -- it would not have gone well for me at home. Not well at all. I was taught respect, so I wouldn't have created the disturbance that girl created in the first place.

I hope the girl learned the lesson that if you resist an officer of the law -- you are responsible for any punishment that follows.

The officer was out-of-line and should be in a different line of work.

The girl is trash.

donttread
04-07-2016, 06:23 PM
And just so we're clear, the custom in the old days was basically to let kids fight. And if little Johnny came home with a black eye, his dad would tell him to put a steak on it and to keep his hands up next time. Nobody went crying to the cops. And nobody thought their kid was bad because they got in a fight. Fighting is as American as apple pie. So if you're going to blame anyone, then blame America... :grin:

Yes, "E" in the old days an occasional fight ( not talking about bullying which is totally different" ) was normal. I think I was speaking to the guy by the next day in the few fights I got in in HS.
But if one of you went down , unless you popped right back up) the fight was over. No hitting or kicking you when you were down. Sure as hell no boots to the head. But I'm afraid HS is a different world today

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 06:23 PM
Point taken. While the body slam looked to be excessive , she was clearly out of control. My only problem was that the body slam was simply too much force, but not by a lot. If he had simply pushed her to the ground or tripper , no problem. Makes me wonder if some of these videos aren't from "6:1:1" schools?

Clearly out of control? She's a twelve-year-old girl.

And body slamming a child on the ground is way excessive. He could have broken her bones, gave her a concussion, or even killed her. People die from hitting their heads on the ground frequently.

Ethereal
04-07-2016, 06:24 PM
Had I ever disrespected an officer of the law at her age -- it would not have gone well for me at home. Not well at all. I was taught respect, so I wouldn't have created the disturbance that girl created in the first place.

I hope the girl learned the lesson that if you resist an officer of the law -- you are responsible for any punishment that follows.

The girl is trash.

So you never got in a fight when you were a kid? Never talked back or disobeyed? You were the perfect child?

FindersKeepers
04-07-2016, 06:32 PM
So you never got in a fight when you were a kid? Never talked back or disobeyed? You were the perfect child?

I never got into a fight.

I talked back and I disobeyed and I was caught and punished. I was far from perfect. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't get away with things kids today get away with.

But, I was taught to respect my elders and to respect authority.

One girl I got into an especially nasty argument with and I made the mistake of sharing the experience at dinner. Right after dinner my parents took me over to her house where I apologized despite the fact that she started it.

I'm glad I did -- she was my Maid of Honor and I was hers in the years that followed. We're still in touch.

Parents just have to take responsibility for teaching their children respect.

Maybe I'm being too critical of this girl's parents -- perhaps she was punished at home.

OGIS
04-07-2016, 06:36 PM

what is a "6:1:1" school?

OGIS
04-07-2016, 06:37 PM
Poisoning the well logical fallacy

LOL, just because I got in to say that before Mac could say "The Brown Girl was out of control"?

Safety
04-07-2016, 06:38 PM
what is a "6:1:1" school?

special education. six students to one teacher and an aide.

Safety
LOL, just because I got in to say that before Mac could say "The Brown Girl was out of control"?

He's only like clockwork.

del

would you want your parenting to be judged on a 30 second video?

cop should be at a drive through window somewhere

del
04-07-2016, 06:40 PM

and you call me old?

lol

FindersKeepers
04-07-2016, 06:40 PM
special education. six students to one teacher and an aide.

The only experience I've had with a 6/1/1 situation was when I delivered papers to a BDD teacher and, I guess I should have knocked, but I didn't -- and found her pulling the hair on one boy's legs.

That boy, bless his heart, called me "purple."

FindersKeepers
04-07-2016, 06:41 PM
and you call me old?

lol

nathanbforrest45
04-07-2016, 06:57 PM
That was one big twelve year old. Maybe he should have bought her an ice cream cone instead.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 06:59 PM
Most kids don't get into fights? Most kids don't throw tantrums? That hasn't been my experience.

There are varying degrees.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 07:01 PM

The mother was on the offensive and defending her daughter.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 07:03 PM
Smacking someone on the butt with a wooden paddle does not place a child at risk of serious or life-threatening injuries. Body slamming them to the ground does.

I think you are understating corporal punishment. Those paddles drew blood.

Safety
04-07-2016, 07:05 PM

Heck, what mother wouldn't in public? After they get home is another story....

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 07:08 PM

Fair nuff. Can't and won't argue with that.

Private Pickle
04-07-2016, 07:22 PM

Nope. A fair point.

exotix
04-07-2016, 07:33 PM
Trump'll be along shortly to defend the cop ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0pJ0BrbuwE

Crepitus
04-07-2016, 07:44 PM

Now kids are treated like mini-adults, with many of the same expectations and standards as adults foisted on them. And government schools are increasingly resembling prison systems where children are treated like inmates instead of the intellectually, emotionally and physically undeveloped people they are.

These are not mutually exclusive. Yes as a kid we did all the stuff Ethereal posted, but step to far out of line and you better believe we got the belt.

William
04-07-2016, 08:15 PM
What sort of school has a policeman on duty? :shocked: We have a gate man who checks people who want to come onto the school grounds, and stops us leaving without permission, but he has no authority to touch us.

And as for calling the Bill if someone gets into a fight - wtf!!! I got into loads of fights when I first changed school two years ago, but I'm bigger now (and can do more damage) so I don't fight. And any Australian police officer who threw a kid on the ground in school would not only be sacked, but would probably end up in prison for assault on a minor. I guess I shouldn't say this here, but I think there's something really unhealthy with the American attitudes to the police, and of the police. :undecided:

donttread
04-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Our schools failure to deal with bullying, despite throwing money, newly created jobs within the system and lip service at the problem , is nothing short of a national disgrace. There is nowhere else where Americans are legally required to show up to endure the abuse the schools do not protect them from. To the point where it's time to start suing and schools and filing charges again school officials who "knew or should have known" . Believe me if you did nothing to protect your child from constant abuse in the neighborhood CPS would be at your door in a heart beat. We have yet one more example of government throwing good money after bad to fund programs that have long demonstrated abject failure. It's kind of their thing.
Fights are fights and are not what I'm referring to here. I'm referring to true bullying. If adults did this to each other we'd be jailed. Cameras or monitors in every hall way should be considered and if we have to start filing legal charges against 10 years olds than so be it. It's not just the victims who need help hear. Bullies are budding criminals and a PINS status ( sort of a probation for kids ) may well be in their best interest to. Adults don't have to to put up with abuse at work and kids should not have to put up with abuse a school.

michiganFats
04-07-2016, 09:07 PM
Our schools failure to deal with bullying, despite throwing money, newly created jobs within the system and lip service at the problem , is nothing short of a national disgrace. There is nowhere else where Americans are legally required to show up to endure the abuse the schools do not protect them from. To the point where it's time to start suing and schools and filing charges again school officials who "knew or should have known" . Believe me if you did nothing to protect your child from constant abuse in the neighborhood CPS would be at your door in a heart beat. We have yet one more example of government throwing good money after bad to fund programs that have long demonstrated abject failure. It's kind of their thing.
Fights are fights and are not what I'm referring to here. I'm referring to true bullying. If adults did this to each other we'd be jailed. Cameras or monitors in every hall way should be considered and if we have to start filing legal charges against 10 years olds than so be it. It's not just the victims who need help hear. Bullies are budding criminals and a PINS status ( sort of a probation for kids ) may well be in their best interest to. Adults don't have to to put up with abuse at work and kids should not have to put up with abuse a school.

I agree that kids shouldn't have to put up with abuse at school. Abuse like being body slammed by an adult.

donttread
04-07-2016, 10:45 PM
I agree that kids shouldn't have to put up with abuse at school. Abuse like being body slammed by an adult.

What do you think more kids ride to school of each day?

The school cop?
or
The bullies?

michiganFats
04-07-2016, 10:47 PM
What do you think more kids ride to school of each day?

The school cop?
or
The bullies?

Ride to school of each day? WTF do you mean? English is my native language.

donttread
04-07-2016, 10:53 PM

The girl is trash.

Obviously the girl was out of line and both the school and parents need to deal with her on that. Respect yes, but sometimes respect and fear are a fine line.
However, resisting an officer of the law does not justify "any punishment that follows". And you've identified a 12 year old kid, whom you know next to nothing about as "trash" Bit of a quantum leap don't you think ?

donttread
04-07-2016, 10:58 PM
Ride to school of each day? WTF do you mean? English is my native language.

"It was meant to read " What do you think more kids ride to school AFRAID of each day. My bad, however, you wouldn't of exactly needed to be Einstein to figure that out.
I think kids fear each other because the school does not protect them bullying , which may or may not have to the rage this gal was feeling. Do you believe that kids are more afraid of the cops in their schools then they are other kids.

michiganFats
04-07-2016, 11:11 PM
"It was meant to read " What do you think more kids ride to school AFRAID of each day. My bad, however, you wouldn't of exactly needed to be Einstein to figure that out.
I think kids fear each other because the school does not protect them bullying , which may or may not have to the rage this gal was feeling. Do you believe that kids are more afraid of the cops in their schools then they are other kids.

Hard to say. We had a cop in my school but he was a retired officer and didn't interact with the kids much. Had he decided to body slam kids I probably would have been more worried about the cop.

Doublejack
04-07-2016, 11:12 PM
Parents are the problem imho.

Teach them to stick up for themselves instead of sheltering them from life. If they can't handle school theyre fucked in the real world.

My daughter was getting bullied by a boy in school. I taught her how to punch and gave her permission to punch the boy.

She cracked him good. She was kicked off the school bus for 3 days.

Zero problems since.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

donttread
04-07-2016, 11:28 PM
Clearly out of control? She's a twelve-year-old girl.

And body slamming a child on the ground is way excessive. He could have broken her bones, gave her a concussion, or even killed her. People die from hitting their heads on the ground frequently.

I don't disagree, I have said that the slam was excessive. No defense. However have you ever seen an out of control teen with poor impulse control in action? I have and these kids can be very difficult to control. In this case the cop is definitely wrong, but that in no way should change the school or parents from holding the student accountable for her behavior. However, that seems to be our cultural thinking these days , nobody can be wrong and wronged at the same time. If mommy doesn't hold that child accountable for her part in this this scenario, it may well repeat itself in much more serious situations . I have been told that police often don't get much training on soft take down or submission techniques , which are doubly important in a school system. He was well within his rightful procedure to take her to the ground, just not in so violent a manner. Next question is has he ever been trained how to do that? And if not, why the hell not?

donttread
04-07-2016, 11:31 PM
What behavior?

The fight and then resisting the police officer. He was in the wrong but that does not change the fact that her actions must be addressed as well

Individual
04-08-2016, 01:33 AM
America in 1776: "I know not what course others may take but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."

America in 2016: "Just do what you're told and the cops won't bother you."
"If the police are harassing you then it must be your fault."
"The cop had to beat up the child because the parents raised her wrong."

If you don't want freedom than just say so. We can have a constitutional convention and create a new country where people always have to do everything a cop orders them to do. We can have a new country where everyone is safe because we are constantly monitored and controlled. We can have a country where anyone who disobeys the orders of the Almighty Police is executed without trial, if that would make you feel safe. We can have a county where any government official, no matter how trivial, will rule over their own little fiefdom without having to heed any laws passed by the people or any freedoms "guaranteed" on some old piece of paper. After all, an agent of the government truly knows what is best for everyone and should not be questioned in any way but should be treated like he was a god by the poor, slobbering masses such as ourselves.

Tell me something, you who think this is acceptable treatment of a sixth grader: what did this child do that was so wrong in the first place? One more question: If I don't like how your child behaves can I body slam your child to the ground? It's easy to mouth off about a child you don't know but would you really like the same rules applied to your child? If so, then, by all means, go and tell your own child that you don't care if someone body slams them to the ground. Tell them they have to listen to anyone who barks an order at them because there is no way you would ever take their side in such a situation. Go ahead. Tell them.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 02:09 AM
America in 1776: "I know not what course others may take but as for me, give me liberty or give me death."

If you don't want freedom than just say so. We can have a constitutional convention and create a new country where people always have to do everything a cop orders them to do. We can have a new country where everyone is safe because we are constantly monitored and controlled. We can have a country where anyone who disobeys the orders of the Almighty Police is executed without trial, if that would make you feel safe. We can have a county where any government official, no matter how trivial, will rule over their own little fiefdom without having to heed any laws passed by the people or any freedoms "guaranteed" on some old piece of paper. After all, an agent of the government truly knows what is best for everyone and should not be questioned in any way but should be treated like he was a god by the poor, slobbering masses such as ourselves.

Tell me something, you who think this is acceptable treatment of a sixth grader: what did this child do that was so wrong in the first place? One more question: If I don't like how your child behaves can I body slam your child to the ground? It's easy to mouth off about a child you don't know but would you really like the same rules applied to your child? If so, then, by all means, go and tell your own child that you don't care if someone body slams them to the ground. Tell them they have to listen to anyone who barks an order at them because there is no way you would ever take their side in such a situation. Go ahead. Tell them.

LOL, some would say you are sounding rather socially autistic here. Rascals, con artists and other people who whine when their bu11sh1t is "called" in plain English are easily butthurt by explicit staters of bald truths. 10/10, would read again.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 04:05 AM
Obviously the girl was out of line and both the school and parents need to deal with her on that. Respect yes, but sometimes respect and fear are a fine line.
However, resisting an officer of the law does not justify "any punishment that follows". And you've identified a 12 year old kid, whom you know next to nothing about as "trash" Bit of a quantum leap don't you think ?

I didn't say her behavior "justified" what the officer did. I said the officer needs to be in a different line of work.

I said she bears responsibility for what followed, which would not have happened had she not starting trying to fight and resist the officer.

Cletus
04-08-2016, 06:32 AM

I disagree. The cop's job is to gain and maintain control of bad or deteriorating situations. Assuming he tried other means to get her under control before he body slammed her, if she refused to cooperate and was belligerent, I don't have a problem with it.

You will notice that she became compliant after he knocked the wind out her.

PolWatch
04-08-2016, 06:35 AM
Part of childhood is fighting authority. It starts when a 2 year old learns to say 'no' and continues until they learn effective conflict resolution. Schools are represented as learning facilities. What did this child learn? She didn't learn there is a better way to resolve conflict, she learned that might makes right....and people wonder why kids take guns to school.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 06:51 AM
Part of childhood is fighting authority. It starts when a 2 year old learns to say 'no' and continues until they learn effective conflict resolution. Schools are represented as learning facilities. What did this child learn? She didn't learn there is a better way to resolve conflict, she learned that might makes right....and people wonder why kids take guns to school.

Ridiculous.

While toddlers tend to push the boundaries -- good parents set limits and by the time the child goes to school, he/she should know to respect authority and other people.

This girl should be expelled for her part.

Other children are cheated out of an education when girls like this act out.

Perhaps she needs a "special" school for those kids who have behavioral issues. Why should normal children be subject to her behavior?

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 07:54 AM
Heck, what mother wouldn't in public? After they get home is another story....

Could go either way. I'm not giving them the benefit of doubt though...

Cigar
04-08-2016, 07:56 AM
God Help any Cop who Slams any Child in my family or family member ... better grow eyes where eyes don't grow.

decedent
04-08-2016, 08:03 AM
Did she lose the baby?

Safety
04-08-2016, 08:17 AM

This is nothing, take a look at this thread and the comments about the student. She was just sitting there not "assaulting or kicking" anyone.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/52590-South-Carolina-White-Cop-brutally-attacks-black-girl-in-class

Quicksilver
04-08-2016, 08:28 AM
Did she lose the baby?

You know that this 12 year old was pregnant... for a fact? OR is this just another of racial profiling bigoted Bull$hit.. Nevermind.. I know which it is.

Safety
04-08-2016, 08:35 AM
You know that this 12 year old was pregnant... for a fact? OR is this just another of racial profiling bigoted Bull$hit.. Nevermind.. I know which it is.

Um...it was a joke.

del
04-08-2016, 08:57 AM
the man is an artist, dammit

Quicksilver
04-08-2016, 09:01 AM
Um...it was a joke.

Not funny

Safety
04-08-2016, 09:06 AM
Not funny

If you understood his persona, it fits.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 09:08 AM

She was suspended from the school and has a history of fighting but her mom said "the other person started it this time"...

Such epic parenting fail on this one... This is definitely an HIT: Hoodrat in Training

She acknowledged to the San Antonio Express-News (http://bit.ly/23ihtn6 ) that the girl has fought with others before but said another student started the March altercation.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-girl-suspended-after-being-thrown-to-ground-by-officer/ar-BBrul2O#image=1

JDubya
04-08-2016, 09:11 AM
This is nothing, take a look at this thread and the comments about the student. She was just sitting there not "assaulting or kicking" anyone.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/threads/52590-South-Carolina-White-Cop-brutally-attacks-black-girl-in-class

That's a complete misrepresentation.

She was disrupting the learning environment for the entire class by refusing to comply with the orders of her teacher and the school principle, then resisting a police officer's attempt to move her.

She was given multiple opportunities to comply peacefully and she stubbornly refused, apparently thinking that she could pull the same shit with the authorities that she probably pulls with her mother at home.

I cannot believe that not only did you dredge that incident back up, but that you still take her side. Like so many of these ill-bred little monsters our dysfunctional, bass-ackwards thinking society is producing nowadays, she, like the girl who got body slammed in this latest incident, got exactly what she asked for and deserved.

It is truly sickening that so many people still support these nasty little brats who think that as children, they can tell the adults who've been put legally in charge of them, what they will and will not do and how things are going to be.

Both of these girls were just begging for attention and went about getting it.

Safety
04-08-2016, 09:13 AM
LoL

Cigar
04-08-2016, 09:15 AM

She was disrupting the learning environment for the entire class by refusing to comply with the orders of her teacher and the school principle, then resisting a police officer's attempt to move her.

She was given multiple opportunities to comply peacefully and she stubbornly refused, apparently thinking that she could pull the same $#@! with the authorities that she probably pulls with her mother at home.

I cannot believe that not only did you dredge that incident back up, but that you still take her side. Like so many of these ill-bred little monsters our dysfunctional, bass-ackwards thinking society is producing nowadays, she, like the girl who got body slammed in this latest incident, got exactly what she asked for and deserved.

It is truly sickening that so many people still support these nasty little brats who think that as children, they can tell the adults who've been put legally in charge of them, what they will and will not do and how things are going to be.

Ok ... so this is how Adults restore order to a classroom of non-adults? :huh:

Exactly what part of this are you having problems understanding?

Let just set aside the legal ramifications for now and just concentrate on the basic Child / Adult thang :rollseyes:

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 09:20 AM
Um...it was a joke.

A funny one too.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 09:26 AM
A funny one too.

Then you'll think this one is Hilarious :grin:

7 Kissimmee officers criminally investigated in past yearIn the past year, Kissimmee police officers have been accused of ramming a car in a strip club parking lot and forgetting a police dog in a sweltering patrol vehicle for long enough that it died.

Another officer slammed a 13-year-old to the ground and wrote in his report the middle school student "became belligerent and aggressive"— though video and an investigation disproved that.

From April 2015 through April 2016, seven officers out of a force of 131 have been the subjects of criminal investigations. Prosecutors filed charges against two officers and investigations of four officers are ongoing. The most recent allegations over false testimony came last month, prompting the suspension of a unit devoted entirely to low-level street crimes.

Police Chief Lee Massie and Mayor Jim Swan say the incidents are isolated events and not related, some occurring on duty and others off the clock dating back to 2014. Experts agree that the numbers do not necessarily point to widespread problems with employee conduct at KPD. In fact, Massie's swift decisions on investigating the allegations — in two instances he asked an outside agency to intervene — shows he will hold his officers accountable.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-kissimmee-police-officers-criminal-investigations-20160407-story.html

Enjoy :grin:

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Then you'll think this one is Hilarious :grin:

7 Kissimmee officers criminally investigated in past year

In the past year, Kissimmee police officers have been accused of ramming a car in a strip club parking lot and forgetting a police dog in a sweltering patrol vehicle for long enough that it died.

Another officer slammed a 13-year-old to the ground and wrote in his report the middle school student "became belligerent and aggressive"— though video and an investigation disproved that.

From April 2015 through April 2016, seven officers out of a force of 131 have been the subjects of criminal investigations. Prosecutors filed charges against two officers and investigations of four officers are ongoing. The most recent allegations over false testimony came last month, prompting the suspension of a unit devoted entirely to low-level street crimes.

Police Chief Lee Massie and Mayor Jim Swan say the incidents are isolated events and not related, some occurring on duty and others off the clock dating back to 2014. Experts agree that the numbers do not necessarily point to widespread problems with employee conduct at KPD. In fact, Massie's swift decisions on investigating the allegations — in two instances he asked an outside agency to intervene — shows he will hold his officers accountable.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/os-kissimmee-police-officers-criminal-investigations-20160407-story.html

Enjoy :grin:

Are any of them pregnant?

JDubya
04-08-2016, 09:44 AM
Ok ... so this is how Adults restore order to a classroom of non-adults? :huh:

Exactly what part of this are you having problems understanding?

Let just set aside the legal ramifications for now and just concentrate on the basic Child / Adult thang :rollseyes:

Try to understand this.... the girl in the incident Safety dug up from last year, was given more than ample opportunities to comply voluntarily.

Got that?

She refused time and time and time again, even when the Principal was called into the classroom.

Got that?

The police officer spoke to her like an adult and warned her that if she didn't get up and leave the room on her own, he was going to physically force her.

Got that?

Then, when he attempted to lift her out of her chair, she began struggling, fighting and even tried to hit him.

Got that?

It was only after all of that, with half of that day's class period wasted all because of her, that she got thrown to the floor.

Now, how did she not bring what she got, on herself?

No wonder so many kids are such little assholes nowadays. All you have to do is look at the attitudes of their immature, idiot parents.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 09:49 AM
Try to understand this.... the girl in the incident Safety dug up from last year, was given more than ample opportunities to comply voluntarily.

Got that?

She refused time and time and time again, even when the Principal was called into the classroom.

Got that?

The police officer spoke to her like an adult and warned her that if she didn't get up and leave the room on her own, he was going to physically force her.

Got that?

Then, when he attempted to lift her out of her chair, she began struggling, fighting and even tried to hit him.

Got that?

It was only after all of that, with half of that day's class period wasted all because of her, that she got thrown to the floor.

No wonder so many kids are such little $#@!s nowadays. All you have to do is look at the attitudes of their immature, idiot parents.

Actually I don't, but then again I know how to handle teenagers without having to get into a brawl with them.

Not everyone has these skills and intelligence, and they sure as hell shouldn't be carrying Guns.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 09:58 AM
Actually I don't, but then again I know how to handle teenagers without having to get into a brawl with them.

Not everyone has these skills and intelligence, and they sure as hell shouldn't be carrying Guns.

No Cigar, you only think you know how to handle teenagers, based on your experiences with your own. Other people's are a different story altogether.

I can tell you from several years of first-hand experience, when they get to school, away from mommy & daddy and in front of their little friends who they so desperately want to impress, they are not the same sweet little angels that they are at home because they know if they aren't, they'll lose their X-Box for a week.

Most of them are OK, but there is that percentage of them that you wouldn't want any part of having to supervise.

Bo-4
04-08-2016, 10:11 AM
Reminiscent of this one from about 5 months ago. No excuse for this sort of behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSrccdaqXo

JDubya
04-08-2016, 10:15 AM
Reminiscent of this one from about 5 months ago. No excuse for this sort of behavior.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBSrccdaqXo

You mean from the little brat, right?

That's the same incident Safety brought up.

Another example of a snotty, disrespectful little teenage twerp getting what she asked for and brought wholly upon herself.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 10:22 AM

"She was just begging for it."

I hear that's what rapists sometimes use as a defense.

Bo-4
04-08-2016, 10:23 AM

Another example of a snotty, disrespectful little teenage twerp getting what she asked for and brought wholly upon herself.

Dude, no.. trained officers are not allowed to body slam children.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 10:24 AM

Let's rape her until she behaves.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 10:28 AM
Funny how these cases always seem to involve female children.

Particularly of the slave castes.

Mohammad would approve.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:39 AM
Are any of them pregnant?

IT's under investigation, stay tuned

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:41 AM

They sure like to do this to Teenaged Girls ... Hummm ... real Man like :rollseyes:, I can see why someone would need to rush to their defense.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 10:46 AM
They sure like to do this to Teenaged Girls ... Hummm ... real Man like :rollseyes:, I can see why someone would need to rush to their defense.

since you are the most intelligent and experienced person on the board in dealing with out of control teenagers just exactly how would you have handled this. I am seriously asking. I am sure you have an answer and are willing to share it with those of us who are just too incompetent to handle this simple task.

What steps would you have taken to defuse this or force her without the use of force to stop disrupting the class? And please don't tell us what you wouldn't have done, but what you would actually do.

thank you

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:56 AM
since you are the most intelligent and experienced person on the board in dealing with out of control teenagers just exactly how would you have handled this. I am seriously asking. I am sure you have an answer and are willing to share it with those of us who are just too incompetent to handle this simple task.

What steps would you have taken to defuse this or force her without the use of force to stop disrupting the class? And please don't tell us what you wouldn't have done, but what you would actually do.

thank you

I deal with Troubled Youth in the Mentorship Program I belong to ...

First, you need training to handle trouble youth.
Second, you gain their respect.
Last, you don't have problems when 1 and 2 are mastered.

Next!

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 11:10 AM

Next!

What do you mean "next". You haven't given any specifics for this particular situation yet.

Come on, you have 10 minutes dealing with somone you have never seen before, they are out of control. What do you do.

Next

JDubya
04-08-2016, 11:16 AM
"She was just begging for it."

I hear that's what rapists sometimes use as a defense.

Let's rape her until she behaves.

Hyperbolic nonsense just makes you look silly and does nothing to further your position.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 11:18 AM
What do you mean "next". You haven't given any specifics for this particular situation yet.

Come on, you have 10 minutes dealing with somone you have never seen before, they are out of control. What do you do.

Next

Waiting

JDubya
04-08-2016, 11:22 AM

Next!

So IOW, you will not answer in specific terms.

Your answer also implies that all kids react exactly the same to whatever supposed techniques you would use.

But hypothetically, let's say you were in the position where you absolutely needed a teenager to cease engaging in a certain behavior, or you needed to extract that teenager from the room or both and he/she decided to test your resolve by refusing to comply and resisting your efforts.

What exactly would you do, @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:25 AM
I never got into a fight.

I talked back and I disobeyed and I was caught and punished. I was far from perfect. Looking back, I'm glad I didn't get away with things kids today get away with.

But, I was taught to respect my elders and to respect authority.

One girl I got into an especially nasty argument with and I made the mistake of sharing the experience at dinner. Right after dinner my parents took me over to her house where I apologized despite the fact that she started it.

I'm glad I did -- she was my Maid of Honor and I was hers in the years that followed. We're still in touch.

Parents just have to take responsibility for teaching their children respect.

Maybe I'm being too critical of this girl's parents -- perhaps she was punished at home.

And to be fair, we don't know why she was arguing with the other girl. Her mother alleges that she was being bullied at school, so maybe she was simply sticking up for herself?

In any case, I'm pretty sure nobody responded to your misbehavior by body slamming you on the ground.

Cigar
So IOW, you will not answer in specific terms.

Your answer also implies that all kids react exactly the same to whatever supposed techniques you would use.

But hypothetically, let's say you were in the position where you absolutely needed a teenager to cease engaging in a certain behavior, or you needed to extract that teenager from the room or both and he/she decided to test your resolve by refusing to comply and resist your efforts.

What exactly would you do, @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294)?

Look you asked how I would handle it, I told you how I'm currently handling the same situation.

I'm not concerned with any hypotheticals ... so that's EXACTLY how I"m Handling Teens TODAY.

Deal with it ... you either can or you can't handle teens.

Ethereal

That's an insult to fast-food workers.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:26 AM
That was one big twelve year old. Maybe he should have bought her an ice cream cone instead.

Right, because the only responses to such a situation are to violently slam her on the ground or to bring her ice cream. There are no other options.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Well, yea, because a grown man body slammed her, which even you admit was totally out of line.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:29 AM
I think you are understating corporal punishment. Those paddles drew blood.

Superficial wounds on one's butt do not put a child at risk of serious or life-threatening injuries (unless they are anemic or something). Body slamming them onto the ground does.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 11:29 AM
Well, yea, because a grown man body slammed her, which even you admit was totally out of line.

Yet doesn't excuse the behavior of the girl.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 11:31 AM
Superficial wounds on one's butt do not put a child at risk of serious or life-threatening injuries (unless they are anemic or something). Body slamming them onto the ground does.

Wounds nonetheless...

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:32 AM
What sort of school has a policeman on duty? :shocked: We have a gate man who checks people who want to come onto the school grounds, and stops us leaving without permission, but he has no authority to touch us.

And as for calling the Bill if someone gets into a fight - wtf!!! I got into loads of fights when I first changed school two years ago, but I'm bigger now (and can do more damage) so I don't fight. And any Australian police officer who threw a kid on the ground in school would not only be sacked, but would probably end up in prison for assault on a minor. I guess I shouldn't say this here, but I think there's something really unhealthy with the American attitudes to the police, and of the police. :undecided:

You're absolutely right about American attitudes towards police. They are very, very unhealthy. I've seen loads of videos of police in countries like Britain or Australia where the police exercise the kind of restraint that would be unthinkable in America.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Wounds nonetheless...

Yes, but they do not put the child at risk of serious or life-threatening injury. Slamming someone onto the ground like that can cause broken bones, internal damage, and even death.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 11:33 AM
Look you asked how I would handle it, I told you how I'm currently handling the same situation.

I'm not concerned with any hypotheticals ... so that's EXACTLY how I"m Handling Teens TODAY.

No, you avoided the question by giving some broad, non-specific evasive answer.

"Gaining their respect" doesn't mean squat and sounds like the kind of thing someone who's never had to do what they're talking about would say.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 11:35 AM
Yes, but they do not put the child at risk of serious or life-threatening injury. Slamming someone onto the ground like that can cause broken bones, internal damage, and even death.

Bottom line no one should be inflicting injury on children regardless of severity... It was certainly more common place a couple decades ago...

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:36 AM
Parents are the problem imho.

Teach them to stick up for themselves instead of sheltering them from life. If they can't handle school theyre $#@!ed in the real world.

My daughter was getting bullied by a boy in school. I taught her how to punch and gave her permission to punch the boy.

She cracked him good. She was kicked off the school bus for 3 days.

Zero problems since.

Easy peezy lemon squeezy.

How ironic that you encouraged your daughter to punch someone in the face at school yet you seem to approve of this cop body slamming a 12-year-old girl for getting in a verbal altercation with another student.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:38 AM
I don't disagree, I have said that the slam was excessive. No defense. However have you ever seen an out of control teen with poor impulse control in action? I have and these kids can be very difficult to control. In this case the cop is definitely wrong, but that in no way should change the school or parents from holding the student accountable for her behavior. However, that seems to be our cultural thinking these days , nobody can be wrong and wronged at the same time. If mommy doesn't hold that child accountable for her part in this this scenario, it may well repeat itself in much more serious situations . I have been told that police often don't get much training on soft take down or submission techniques , which are doubly important in a school system. He was well within his rightful procedure to take her to the ground, just not in so violent a manner. Next question is has he ever been trained how to do that? And if not, why the hell not?

Or perhaps he could just separate the students and give them time to calm down using verbal techniques. Violence seems to be the first option of many Americans when it should be a last resort. If a grown man cannot come between two girls and calm the situation down without taking someone to the ground, he's got serious issues.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:42 AM
The fight and then resisting the police officer. He was in the wrong but that does not change the fact that her actions must be addressed as well

There was no fight as far as I can tell, just a verbal altercation. And we have no idea what the verbal altercation was about. It's just as likely the girl who got slammed was just sticking up for herself.

As for resisting the police officer, any resistance on her part appears to be entirely passive (according to the video). Hardly anything to write home about.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:44 AM
I didn't say her behavior "justified" what the officer did. I said the officer needs to be in a different line of work.

I said she bears responsibility for what followed, which would not have happened had she not starting trying to fight and resist the officer.

Why do we even bother making a distinction between children and adults if we're going to apply the same or similar standards of culpability to them? If instead of body slamming this girl, the police officer had somehow seduced her into a sexual relationship, would you still say she "bears responsibility" for it?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:47 AM
I disagree. The cop's job is to gain and maintain control of bad or deteriorating situations. Assuming he tried other means to get her under control before he body slammed her, if she refused to cooperate and was belligerent, I don't have a problem with it.

You will notice that she became compliant after he knocked the wind out her.

We're talking about two girl children getting into a verbal altercation at a school, not gang-bangers having a fist fight in the streets.

And what if instead of "knocking the wind out of her" he had cracked her head open or damaged her internal organs? You'd still feel the same way?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:49 AM
Ridiculous.

While toddlers tend to push the boundaries -- good parents set limits and by the time the child goes to school, he/she should know to respect authority and other people.

This girl should be expelled for her part.

Other children are cheated out of an education when girls like this act out.

Perhaps she needs a "special" school for those kids who have behavioral issues. Why should normal children be subject to her behavior?

But you have no idea what precipitated this incident, so how could you possibly know she needs to be expelled? Is this is another example of where we are just supposed to take the cop's word for it that everything happened as he claims it did?

Doublejack
04-08-2016, 11:51 AM
How ironic that you encouraged your daughter to punch someone in the face at school yet you seem to approve of this cop body slamming a 12-year-old girl for getting in a verbal altercation with another student.

I'm saying actions have consequences.

Had she controlled her emotions instead of acting like a wild animal this wouldn't have happened.

Sure the guy took it too far, however she made the bad decisions that led to a bad reaction.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:52 AM

One of the more disturbing threads this forum has seen.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 11:55 AM
But you have no idea what precipitated this incident, so how could you possibly know she needs to be expelled? Is this is another example of where we are just supposed to take the cop's word for it that everything happened as he claims it did?

We do know what precipitated this incident. She was fighting. She has a history of fighting....

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:56 AM
She was suspended from the school and has a history of fighting but her mom said "the other person started it this time"...

Such epic parenting fail on this one... This is definitely an HIT: Hoodrat in Training

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/texas-girl-suspended-after-being-thrown-to-ground-by-officer/ar-BBrul2O#image=1

So we're just supposed to automatically assume this child is "bad" and that it's all her fault. It's not possible she really is the victim of bullies or that the police officer did something to justify her resistance?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 11:58 AM
We do know what precipitated this incident. She was fighting. She has a history of fighting....

The article clearly states there wasn't a fight, but rather a "verbal argument". And the "history of fighting" is related to bullying, according to the mother. And it's entirely possible that is the case. I'm not going to assume either way and neither should you.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:00 PM

She was given multiple opportunities to comply peacefully and she stubbornly refused, apparently thinking that she could pull the same $#@! with the authorities that she probably pulls with her mother at home.

The only ill-bred monster I see around here is you.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:00 PM
So we're just supposed to automatically assume this child is "bad" and that it's all her fault. It's not possible she really is the victim of bullies or that the police officer did something to justify her resistance?

We don't have to assume. We know this child is bad. Her mother admitted as much.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:02 PM
The article clearly states there wasn't a fight, but rather a "verbal argument". And the "history of fighting" is related to bullying, according to the mother. And it's entirely possible that is the case. I'm not going to assume either way and neither should you.

The school suspended her... No assumption needed.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 12:02 PM

Riiiight.

Because the mothers of trouble making kids *never* make lame, BS excuses for their kids' misbehavior.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.... never happens.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM
The only ill-bred monster I see around here is you.

I can understand why you'd refrain from looking at yourself.

Probably not a pretty sight.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:04 PM

Got that?

Got that?

Got that?

Got that?

No wonder so many kids are such little $#@!s nowadays. All you have to do is look at the attitudes of their immature, idiot parents.

She was disobedient, so that makes it okay to slam her on the ground and throw her across the room.

People like you should be kept away from children.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:06 PM

Any time a grown man abuses a child, you can expect JDubya to rush to his defense.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:12 PM

thank you

It's amazing you are even asking these questions, because it implies that you don't know how to deal with disobedient children without body slamming them on the ground.

Are we to assume that every time a child disobeys you or behaves in a resistant manner, you proceed to slam them on the ground?

As to your line of questioning, there are any number of options he could have employed, from simply standing between the two girls and using verbal techniques to resolve the situation (you realize that simply talking to people can have an impact on how they behave, right?) to grabbing hold of her arm and removing her from the area. The only limit is one's imagination, but if you're the kind of person who treats violence like a first option instead of a last resort, I can understand why this seems like the only way to respond to an unruly girl child.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:13 PM
God Help any Cop who Slams any Child in my family or family member ... better grow eyes where eyes don't grow.

Yes, I am sure you would march down there in your 500 hp Corvette and flex your intelligent muscles and body slam the cop.

Right.

Lot of internet hero's abound don't they

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 12:14 PM
Why do we even bother making a distinction between children and adults if we're going to apply the same or similar standards of culpability to them? If instead of body slamming this girl, the police officer had somehow seduced her into a sexual relationship, would you still say she "bears responsibility" for it?

In your analogy -- the girl would NOT bear responsibility because the law only makes the act illegal for the adult. However, if, at her age, she molests a 7 year old -- she would be legally responsible. Children, as young as she, have been tried for murder, after all.

But, I'm not talking about legal responsibility.

I'm talking about a girl who kept physically resisting an officer who eventually body-slammed her for her efforts.

I've already agreed that the officer was out of line.

That does not give the girl a bye for her poor behavior, which triggered the body slam.

We're talking about two separate factors that occurred within the same event.

There was another girl involved, right? As far as I know -- she wasn't body slammed. Why?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:15 PM

Next

I stand in between the two girls arguing, instruct the crowd to disperse, and resolve the situation using verbal techniques.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 12:16 PM

Had she controlled her emotions instead of acting like a wild animal this wouldn't have happened.

Sure the guy took it too far, however she made the bad decisions that led to a bad reaction.

Well you know Black People in the 21st Century, they just won't do what we're told, like the Good-Old-Dazzz. :laugh:

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:18 PM

This is not a hypothetical, this was a real incident.

And you can't handle every teen the same. You are a fool if you think we would believe that to be true.

Don't bother with answering, we know you can't, you are all bluster and pomp.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 12:18 PM

A verbal altercation with the other girl would be grounds for suspension in most schools, the resisting a law-enforcement officer would very likely be expulsion.

Don't you know about the zero-tolerance policies in public schools?

What precipitated the argument probably doesn't matter. And, there's no need to take the cop's word -- we have the video of her resisting.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Yet doesn't excuse the behavior of the girl.

Again, you have no idea what "behavior" precipitated this incident.

But assuming she did behave badly, it still doesn't matter, because it does not justify slamming her on the ground, which even you admit was excessive. So why do you keep bringing it up?

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:19 PM
Right, because the only responses to such a situation are to violently slam her on the ground or to bring her ice cream. There are no other options.

What would you have done. You and Cigar seem to be the experts here. Exactly how would you have handled this situation. Again, don't tell us what you won't have done, but what you would have done.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:20 PM
Bottom line no one should be inflicting injury on children regardless of severity... It was certainly more common place a couple decades ago...

I agree, but sensible people should be able to see the obvious difference between paddling someone on their butt and body slamming them on the ground.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:20 PM
You're absolutely right about American attitudes towards police. They are very, very unhealthy. I've seen loads of videos of police in countries like Britain or Australia where the police exercise the kind of restraint that would be unthinkable in America.

Like what? Show us

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:21 PM

Neither were kids fighting with the police in a classroom

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 12:21 PM

You handle teens?

You just destroyed my faith in the universe.

I sure hope you're fudging on this one. I threw up in my mouth a little bit when I read your post. You don't seem like the kind of person most parents would want around their teens. No offense intended. Just a perception based on your posts.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 12:24 PM

No, we are supposed to assume from watching a 30 second video the cop is a Neanderthal and goes around slamming 12 year old girls to the ground for no reason.

That's a good assumption don't you think?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:26 PM

She's a CHILD. You do understand what that word means and implies, right? There is a REASON why civilized societies make distinctions between CHILDREN and ADULTS. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with these sorts of distinctions and you won't make such inane comments in the future.

But that doesn't address the irony of your position. All this girl did was get into a verbal argument with another student, whereas you gave your daughter permission to punch another student in the face. Going by your twisted "actions have consequences" logic, a cop would have been entirely justified in body slamming your daughter, and despite what you may claim on an anonymous internet forum, there is no way you would have tolerated that. And you would resent anyone who tried to suggest that your daughter had it coming because she was "acting like a wild animal".

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:29 PM
We don't have to assume. We know this child is bad. Her mother admitted as much.

Her mother admitted nothing of the sort. She claims the fights are a result of her daughter being bullied. And the article in the opening post clearly states this incident was in relation to a verbal argument, not an actual fight.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:30 PM
The school suspended her... No assumption needed.

So if school officials suspend someone, it automatically means they're right?

But why do you keep trying to make her behavior an issue when you already admitted his reaction was excessive?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:31 PM
Riiiight.

Because the mothers of trouble making kids *never* make lame, BS excuses for their kids' misbehavior.

Nooooooooooooooooooo.... never happens.

Unlike you, I'm not making any assumptions about what did or did not happen.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:32 PM
I can understand why you'd refrain from looking at yourself.

Probably not a pretty sight.

Every time you say something like this, it gives me even more confidence that I'm right. Because if you started agreeing with me, then I would need to seriously reconsider my position and my mental state.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 12:33 PM

But you KNOW that she egged him on with the wiles of her nubile, fertile body.....

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:34 PM
In your analogy -- the girl would NOT bear responsibility because the law only makes the act illegal for the adult. However, if, at her age, she molests a 7 year old -- she would be legally responsible. Children, as young as she, have been tried for murder, after all.

But, I'm not talking about legal responsibility.

I'm talking about a girl who kept physically resisting an officer who eventually body-slammed her for her efforts.

I've already agreed that the officer was out of line.

That does not give the girl a bye for her poor behavior, which triggered the body slam.

We're talking about two separate factors that occurred within the same event.

There was another girl involved, right? As far as I know -- she wasn't body slammed. Why?

You agree the officer was out of line, yet you keep trying to make this child's behavior a central issue. Can't understand why.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:35 PM
A verbal altercation with the other girl would be grounds for suspension in most schools, the resisting a law-enforcement officer would very likely be expulsion.

Don't you know about the zero-tolerance policies in public schools?

What precipitated the argument probably doesn't matter. And, there's no need to take the cop's word -- we have the video of her resisting.

And no one is ever justified in resisting a police officer, right?

Rebel Son
04-08-2016, 12:36 PM

When I was in school they beat your ass with a board for that. Never thought of calling a cop cause you would probably get another when you got home. I agree with pickle, he didn't condone the cops slamming the girl. He said it was wrong, everyone seems to only respond to the part they don't like which is a lack of teaching your kids respect for law enforcement. I'm not a big cop fan either but comply when they give me instruction. One reason we have these kids in college now that need safe places and other nonsense. Coddling children will not help them one bit.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:36 PM
What would you have done. You and Cigar seem to be the experts here. Exactly how would you have handled this situation. Again, don't tell us what you won't have done, but what you would have done.

Is this how you typically handle disobedient children? By picking them up and slamming them on the ground?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:38 PM
Like what? Show us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cznNf2LUk74

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX5CPx4RKWw

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:38 PM

Probably because police weren't called to resolve fighting between kids.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:39 PM
Again, you have no idea what "behavior" precipitated this incident.

But assuming she did behave badly, it still doesn't matter, because it does not justify slamming her on the ground, which even you admit was excessive. So why do you keep bringing it up?

Just making a point is all.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:39 PM
No, we are supposed to assume from watching a 30 second video the cop is a Neanderthal and goes around slamming 12 year old girls to the ground for no reason.

That's a good assumption don't you think?

It's not an assumption. He did slam a 12-year-old on the ground, and the "reason" he gave (assuming it's true) was not good.

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
The cop should have been arrested. What he did was assault.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:41 PM
I agree, but sensible people should be able to see the obvious difference between paddling someone on their butt and body slamming them on the ground.

Both are now illegal and rightly so.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:42 PM

Neither were police in a classroom...

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:44 PM
Her mother admitted nothing of the sort. She claims the fights are a result of her daughter being bullied. And the article in the opening post clearly states this incident was in relation to a verbal argument, not an actual fight.

I linked another article where the mother states her daughter has a history of fighting and she was suspended from the school.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:44 PM
When I was in school they beat your ass with a board for that. Never thought of calling a cop cause you would probably get another when you got home. I agree with pickle, he didn't condone the cops slamming the girl. He said it was wrong, everyone seems to only respond to the part they don't like which is a lack of teaching your kids respect for law enforcement. I'm not a big cop fan either but comply when they give me instruction. One reason we have these kids in college now that need safe places and other nonsense. Coddling children will not help them one bit.

Just because someone has a badge doesn't mean they're automatically entitled to respect or obedience.

And if it was wrong, then why are people trying to make the child's behavior an issue?

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:46 PM
Just making a point is all.

Okay, point taken. But what's the bigger issue here? A child misbehaving or a police officer violently slamming that child on the ground? I say it's the latter, by a wide margin.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:47 PM
Both are now illegal and rightly so.

Again, I agree, but you do see the big difference between the two in terms of the potential for serious injury or even death, right?

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:48 PM
So if school officials suspend someone, it automatically means they're right?

But why do you keep trying to make her behavior an issue when you already admitted his reaction was excessive?

Well the school has the background on it. Sans any additional information I defer to what the school did as the right course of action...

Because her behavior is an issue... Again I blame the parents...

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:48 PM
I linked another article where the mother states her daughter has a history of fighting and she was suspended from the school.

A history of fighting as a result of being bullied.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:49 PM
Okay, point taken. But what's the bigger issue here? A child misbehaving or a police officer violently slamming that child on the ground? I say it's the latter, by a wide margin.

We agree.

JDubya
She was disobedient, so that makes it okay to slam her on the ground and throw her across the room.

People like you should be kept away from children.

I worked in public school classrooms for over ten years. Never laid a finger on a student and never had a single complaint or allegation lodged against me.

But I've also seen how badly some kids can behave nowadays. That's not something you can say which is why you don't know wtf you're yapping about.

Kids are not like they were twenty or thirty years ago. Twelve year olds today are not the innocent little tykes you and others here seem to think they are.

Ethereal
Well the school has the background on it. Sans any additional information I defer to what the school did as the right course of action...

Because her behavior is an issue... Again I blame the parents...

Why would you defer to the school?

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:50 PM
A history of fighting as a result of being bullied.

So claims her parents who stated they alerted the school but the school has no record of being contacted. What they do have a record of is this girl's fighting history.

JDubya
Any time a grown man abuses a child, you can expect JDubya to rush to his defense.

Why don't you just admit you hate cops and you constantly push your cop hating agenda.

Private Pickle
Why would you defer to the school?

Anything else is an assumption based on nothing.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 12:51 PM
Again, I agree, but you do see the big difference between the two in terms of the potential for serious injury or even death, right?

Yes.

Doublejack
04-08-2016, 12:52 PM
She's a CHILD. You do understand what that word means and implies, right? There is a REASON why civilized societies make distinctions between CHILDREN and ADULTS. Perhaps you should familiarize yourself with these sorts of distinctions and you won't make such inane comments in the future.

But that doesn't address the irony of your position. All this girl did was get into a verbal argument with another student, whereas you gave your daughter permission to punch another student in the face. Going by your twisted "actions have consequences" logic, a cop would have been entirely justified in body slamming your daughter, and despite what you may claim on an anonymous internet forum, there is no way you would have tolerated that. And you would resent anyone who tried to suggest that your daughter had it coming because she was "acting like a wild animal".

You keep bringing up the verbal argument as to why she was assaulted, this is intellectual dishonesty on your part. Ease up on the white knighting, you're not fooling anyone.

She was body-slammed for kicking and resisting the officer which is clearly shown in the video.

As for my daughter, the school staff had no problem with the way I addressed the problem of the boy bully. One teacher thanked me as the kid doesn't bully anyone anymore. Apparently getting your ass handed to you by a girl does wonders for that behavior.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 12:54 PM
I stand in between the two girls arguing, instruct the crowd to disperse, and resolve the situation using verbal techniques.

:biglaugh: What a joke!!!!

You obviously have ZERO experience in such situations!!!! :facepalm:

Nowvtell us what you'd do when they all ignored you and refused to stop fighting or disperse, but rather just got rowdier and rowdier?

Don't answer, I know what you'd do.

You'd either break down and start bawling like a baby, or you'd hit somebody.

All mouth is what you are.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:56 PM
I worked in public school classrooms for over ten years. Never laid a finger on a student and never had a single complaint or allegation lodged against me.

But I've also seen how badly some kids can behave nowadays. That's not something you can say which is why you don't know wtf you're yapping about.

Kids are not like they were twenty or thirty years ago. Twelve year olds today are not the innocent little tykes you and others here seem to think they are.

The only reason you didn't lay a finger on a student is because you were strictly prohibited from doing so. If you had a badge, I suspect you would have been body slamming people left and right.

And spare us your "expert" routine. There is nothing special or particularly difficult about being in the presence of children and teaching them something. People do it all the time in a variety of contexts. And I attended public schools for eighteen years, so I saw children who behaved badly as well as teachers who were terrible at their jobs but could not be fired as a result of unions manipulating the political system. So stop acting like your status as a teacher gives you some kind of special or authoritative insight into interacting with children, because it doesn't.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 12:57 PM
Every time you say something like this, it gives me even more confidence that I'm right. Because if you started agreeing with me, then I would need to seriously reconsider my position and my mental state.

I understand you don't look at yourself because you wouldn't like what you saw.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 12:57 PM

LOL, both of those videos make our Big Brave police here in the USA look like total shrieking pu55ies in comparison.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 12:59 PM
So claims her parents who stated they alerted the school but the school has no record of being contacted. What they do have a record of is this girl's fighting history.

I'm not saying her parents' claims are true or untrue. You're the one making assumptions about her character, not me.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:00 PM
Why don't you just admit you hate cops and you constantly push your cop hating agenda.

Because I don't hate cops. I hate police brutality. But apologists for the police state think anyone who criticizes excessive force must "hate cops". They are like mindless robots who have been programmed by a fascist coder.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 01:01 PM
I'm not saying her parents' claims are true or untrue. You're the one making assumptions about her character, not me.

Fair enough... I'm just suggesting someone should step in and set this girl straight because if she continues on this path she can count on being body slammed or worse by the cops in the future.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:01 PM
Anything else is an assumption based on nothing.

Deferring to the school is also assumption.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:03 PM
You keep bringing up the verbal argument as to why she was assaulted, this is intellectual dishonesty on your part. Ease up on the white knighting, you're not fooling anyone.

She was body-slammed for kicking and resisting the officer which is clearly shown in the video.

As for my daughter, the school staff had no problem with the way I addressed the problem of the boy bully. One teacher thanked me as the kid doesn't bully anyone anymore. Apparently getting your ass handed to you by a girl does wonders for that behavior.

There was no evidence of her kicking the officer in the video. All it shows is her passively resisting him. But even if she did kick him, it wouldn't matter, because being kicked by a twelve-year-old girl doesn't remotely justify picking her up and slamming her on the ground. Apparently, you are struggling to comprehend this simple truth.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 01:04 PM
The only reason you didn't lay a finger on a student is because you were strictly prohibited from doing so. If you had a badge, I suspect you would have been body slamming people left and right.

And spare us your "expert" routine. There is nothing special or particularly difficult about being in the presence of children and teaching them something. People do it all the time in a variety of contexts. And I attended public schools for eighteen years, so I saw children who behaved badly as well as teachers who were terrible at their jobs but could not be fired as a result of unions manipulating the political system. So stop acting like your status as a teacher gives you some kind of special or authoritative insight into interacting with children, because it doesn't.

You have never been in the position of those you're criticizing.

Until you have.... YOU DON'T KNOW WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Period.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:07 PM
:biglaugh: What a joke!!!!

You obviously have ZERO experience in such situations!!!! :facepalm:

Nowvtell us what you'd do when they all ignored you and refused to stop fighting or disperse, but rather just got rowdier and rowdier?

Don't answer, I know what you'd do.

You'd either break down and start bawling like a baby, or you'd hit somebody.

All mouth is what you are.

I attended public school for eighteen years and saw teachers break up fights and disperse crowds several times without anyone getting body slammed or man-handled. Apparently, in all your years as a teacher, you've never witnessed something similar. Makes me wonder if you're telling the truth about your employment record.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 01:07 PM
Is this how you typically handle disobedient children? By picking them up and slamming them on the ground?

So, you don't know either I see.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:08 PM
I understand you don't look at yourself because you wouldn't like what you saw.

Keep the encouragement coming.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 01:09 PM
Because I don't hate cops. I hate police brutality. But apologists for the police state think anyone who criticizes excessive force must "hate cops". They are like mindless robots who have been programmed by a fascist coder.

Bullshit.

Every time there's a story about a cop, you're the first one to jump on it and you keep squealing like a stuck pig about it without end.

So a girl who is big enough to get into fights and kick a cop got thrown to the ground.

Boo fucking hoo.

Now she's crying victim and all the dumbshit cop haters are crying crocodile tears for her.

He should've arrested her and taken her to jail after she got back up.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 01:09 PM

Interesting. Was that pepper spray in the first video? I suppose if there were 20 cops in the class room like the second video doing a body slam wouldn't have been necessary.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:10 PM
Fair enough... I'm just suggesting someone should step in and set this girl straight because if she continues on this path she can count on being body slammed or worse by the cops in the future.

But what if she really is being bullied? How are her parents supposed to set her straight?

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 01:11 PM
Probably because police weren't called to resolve fighting between kids.

That's because kids, for the most part, has respect for authority and would submit to that authority. Today, they are just as likely to pick up a desk and hurl it at the teacher as to do what they are told. Different times from when you were in school 50 years ago.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 01:12 PM
I attended public school for eighteen years and saw teachers break up fights and disperse crowds several times without anyone getting body slammed or man-handled. Apparently, in all your years as a teacher, you've never witnessed something similar. Makes me wonder if you're telling the truth about your employment record.

Son, you wouldn't believe some of the shit I saw these precious little angels doing.

Breaking up a fight is one thing, but assaulting a cop takes it to a different level.

Just because you saw some kids fighting when you were in school doesn't mean you ever saw someone out of control who refused to stop.

You're doing a shit load of generalizing because otherwise, you'd have no argument.

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 01:13 PM
The cop should have been arrested. What he did was assault.

Actually, he should have been executed and the school district and maybe even the state should have been sued and the family of this poor young girl who was only trying to get through the day should be given 10 million dollars.

What foolishness, its absolutely amazing..

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:13 PM
You have never been in the position of those you're criticizing.

Until you have.... YOU DON'T KNOW WTF YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

Period.

Wrong. Every normal adult person has been in the position of supervising and even teaching children. You think that because you do it in the context of institutional education, that it somehow makes you an expert on interacting with children. I got news for you. It doesn't. People have been doing what you do for as long as humans have existed, and they have been doing it in a wide variety of contexts using a wide variety of methods, both formal and informal. So please spare us your expert routine, because you're not special or important. Just about anyone can do what you do using common sense and decency.

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 01:14 PM
But what if she really is being bullied? How are her parents supposed to set her straight?

Then her parents will have a nice settlement from the School District...

Private Pickle
04-08-2016, 01:15 PM
Deferring to the school is also assumption.

But it's based on their knowledge of the girl and this situation.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:15 PM
So, you don't know either I see.

I answered your question. Now answer mine. Is body slamming children how you typically respond when they're disobedient?

nathanbforrest45
04-08-2016, 01:16 PM
I think the proper thing to do is to make any discipline against any student illegal. Furthermore, test should no longer be given and if anyone is caught "bullying" any student regardless of its nature they should be made to sit in the corner (if they want to) for 30 minutes.

I'm done with this stupid shit.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:18 PM
Bull$#@!.

Every time there's a story about a cop, you're the first one to jump on it and you keep squealing like a stuck pig about it without end.

So a girl who is big enough to get into fights and kick a cop got thrown to the ground.

Boo $#@!ing hoo.

Now she's crying victim and all the dumb$#@! cop haters are crying crocodile tears for her.

He should've arrested her and taken her to jail after she got back up.

I only contribute when I feel like the incident in question is an example of police brutality or misconduct. It's not my fault there are so many examples of such. Maybe if it weren't for mindless apologists like you, then it would be less of a problem.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Interesting. Was that pepper spray in the first video? I suppose if there were 20 cops in the class room like the second video doing a body slam wouldn't have been necessary.

Yes, pepper spray. And are you seriously trying to compare a knife-wielding maniac to a twelve-year-old girl who might have kicked someone?

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Actually, he should have been executed and the school district and maybe even the state should have been sued and the family of this poor young girl who was only trying to get through the day should be given 10 million dollars.

What foolishness, its absolutely amazing..

We can the end the thread now, it's impossible to argue with logic like that. Good Job!

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:21 PM
That's because kids, for the most part, has respect for authority and would submit to that authority. Today, they are just as likely to pick up a desk and hurl it at the teacher as to do what they are told. Different times from when you were in school 50 years ago.

It's because society wasn't one step away from being a totalitarian police state where government agents insinuate themselves into every facet of our lives.

As for "respect for authority", I would remind you that this country was founded on disrespect for authority. Apparently, some Americans have forgot about their own history.

OGIS
04-08-2016, 01:23 PM
Son, you wouldn't believe some of the $#@! I saw these precious little angels doing.

Breaking up a fight is one thing, but assaulting a cop takes it to a different level.

Just because you saw some kids fighting when you were in school doesn't mean you ever saw someone out of control who refused to stop.

You're doing a $#@! load of generalizing because otherwise, you'd have no argument.

There are alternatives for intelligent people.

Back when I was a senior at Venice High in 1968, a couple of freshman Cholas (Hispanic, Sharpie eyebrows, hoop pierced earrings, shadowed lipstick, heels... the entire stereotype for real) got into it in the quad over a boy. There was blood, as they had each yanked out the others' earrings, and IIRC, hair at the roots. At the point where they were trying to stab each other with their shoes, two chemistry teachers doused them with water from fire hoses, from the 2nd story windows. That ended it.

Venice High was entertainment gold.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:33 PM
Son, you wouldn't believe some of the $#@! I saw these precious little angels doing.

You're doing a $#@! load of generalizing because otherwise, you'd have no argument.

Listen, boy, you asked me how I would handle the situation and I gave you a perfectly valid answer. But because you're a dishonest, histrionic wimp who is frightened by twelve-year-old children, you tried to categorically dismiss it. Unfortunately for you, my response is entirely consistent with how the teachers at my public schools handled such situations. Apparently, your public school experience was different and teachers rushed in and started body slamming people.

And, yes, I saw people who refused to stop fighting, but it was a giant brawl between male seniors (legal adults) at a high school, not a twelve-year-old girl throwing a temper tantrum. Anything you saw while you were teaching for ten years, I saw and more while I attended public schools for thirteen years. Stop acting like you're some kind of expert on how children behave. You aren't.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:35 PM
But it's based on their knowledge of the girl and this situation.

Assuming they're being truthful or that their knowledge is accurate.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 01:38 PM
You agree the officer was out of line, yet you keep trying to make this child's behavior a central issue. Can't understand why.

Because it PRECIPITATED the body slam.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 01:44 PM
And no one is ever justified in resisting a police officer, right?

Here's the thing. While there may well be cases (I'm sure there are) where officers erroneously arrest or detain a person -- the law does not allow the person to resist at that point. In all states resisting is a crime -- in a dozen or so -- it's a felony.

The way our laws are set up, the person, if they're being unfairly detained or arrested, has the means to file a complaint after the incident is over against the officer. But, when they do what that girl did - or they run - or spit on - or slap an officer -- they are obstructing the job the taxpayers are paying that officer to do.

In this case, the officer was having a difficult time carrying out his duty because the girl was physically resisting (obstructing the law).

Had she been taught proper respect and behavior - she would have "Yes, officer. No, officer. I'm sorry, officer," and she would not have been body slammed.

In other words - the body slam did not happen in a vacuum.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:57 PM
Because it PRECIPITATED the body slam.

Except normal people don't respond to disobedient children by body slamming them. So clearly something else "precipitated" his reaction. Most likely, he is a violent person with anger and control issues.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 01:58 PM
Here's the thing. While there may well be cases (I'm sure there are) where officers erroneously arrest or detain a person -- the law does not allow the person to resist at that point. In all states resisting is a crime -- in a dozen or so -- it's a felony.

The way our laws are set up, the person, if they're being unfairly detained or arrested, has the means to file a complaint after the incident is over against the officer. But, when they do what that girl did - or they run - or spit on - or slap an officer -- they are obstructing the job the taxpayers are paying that officer to do.

In this case, the officer was having a difficult time carrying out his duty because the girl was physically resisting (obstructing the law).

Had she been taught proper respect and behavior - she would have "Yes, officer. No, officer. I'm sorry, officer," and she would not have been body slammed.

In other words - the body slam did not happen in a vacuum.

This country was founded on the idea that the "law" is not the sole or overriding consideration in how individuals should conduct themselves.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 02:04 PM
Bottom Line, and End of Story ...

Usually these Cops know the type of Girls they can "Man-Handle" and those they can't.

I'm guessing, sooner or later, these Cops will pick the wrong Man daughter to F'ck with.

... and for that, I'll have zero sympathy for them.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:06 PM
Except normal people don't respond to disobedient children by body slamming them. So clearly something else "precipitated" his reaction. Most likely, he is a violent person with anger and control issues.

He may well have anger/power/control issues.

That does not erase the girl's culpability.

By the way, that's a standard take-down taught to officers for when suspects are resisting. He used it prematurely, in my opinion, but had the girl not been resisting -- he wouldn't have used it at all.

For some odd reason -- you're willing to let this girl off scott-free, although she resisted a law enforcement officer, which led to the officer taking her down.

The officer was CALLED to the situation -- he had a duty to resolve it. She made it very difficult.

Neither are fault-free in this situation.

Ethereal
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM

By the way, that's a standard take-down taught to officers for when suspects are resisting. He used it prematurely, in my opinion, but had the girl not been resisting -- he wouldn't have used it at all.

For some odd reason -- you're willing to let this girl off scott-free, although she resisted a law enforcement officer, which led to the officer taking her down.

The officer was CALLED to the situation -- he had a duty to resolve it. She made it very difficult.

Her "culpability" is minute in comparison to his.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:10 PM
This country was founded on the idea that the "law" is not the sole or overriding consideration in how individuals should conduct themselves.

When it comes to orders from a law enforcement officer -- I think you'd be better served to research your own state's laws.

Sure, you can choose to resist - but if you do -- you're precipitating the officer's use of force to make you comply.

Think of this -- suppose you call 9-11 because someone is peeping in your windows. The cops come - talk to the guy and tell him they're going to cuff him and take him to the station. He tells them he refuses to be cuffed and fights with them.

Would you want the cops to restrain him and take him anyway?
Or, would you want them to leave him alone because he tells them he opposes being arrested?

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 02:14 PM

Officers are also taught not to use excessive force. Google is full of cases where police departments were successfully sued for this and cops were disciplined.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:14 PM

But -- she was culpable.

He should be disciplined according to his actions - and she should be disciplined according to hers.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 02:15 PM

One way to always answer this ... how would "YOU" react if this was "YOUR" daughter?

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:15 PM
Officers are also taught not to use excessive force. Google is full of cases where police departments were successfully sued for this and cops were disciplined.

Sure -- I've said that.

But - that still does not erase the girl's mistakes.

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 02:16 PM
Sure -- I've said that.

But - that still does not erase the girl's mistakes.

Actually, it does.

del
04-08-2016, 02:16 PM

She was given multiple opportunities to comply peacefully and she stubbornly refused, apparently thinking that she could pull the same shit with the authorities that she probably pulls with her mother at home.

go find a cop and kiss his ass

you'll feel better

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:17 PM
One way to always answer this ... how would "YOU" react if this was "YOUR" daughter?

Had my daughter done that (thankfully, she was raised better) -- I would have talked to the Chief about his officer's overreach - and my daughter would have been grounded for months.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 02:18 PM
go find a cop and kiss his ass

you'll feel better

... and The Cop will Love you for it :laugh: long time :grin:

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:18 PM
Actually, it does.

Not.
Even.
Close.

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 02:19 PM
Not.
Even.
Close.

She is literally blameless. Nothing she did justified the extreme, and illegal, overreaction from the cop. He could have seriously injured her and for what?

del
04-08-2016, 02:20 PM
That's an insult to fast-food workers.

good point

sorry, jdubya

Cigar
04-08-2016, 02:21 PM
She is literally blameless. Nothing she did justified the extreme, and illegal, overreaction from the cop. He could have seriously injured her and for what?

I'm surprised the Cop didn't do the usual, shoot her because he feared for his life. :laugh:

You Teenage Girls can be tough :grin:

del
04-08-2016, 02:23 PM

you're right

twelve year olds should be expected to keep their emotions under tight control in case they run across armed men who can't.

derp

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:24 PM

The girl in the video is far from blameless.

All kids have a right to attend a school where they can feel safe. Letting spoiled brats like the girl in the video get away with obstructing justice creates a dangerous school environment.

Fortunately, the school understood that - - and suspended the girl.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:25 PM
you're right

twelve year olds should be expected to keep their emotions under tight control in case they run across armed men who can't.

derp

So -- it's okay for 12 year olds to obstruct justice?

del
04-08-2016, 02:26 PM

they shouldn't have beaten you on the head

michiganFats
04-08-2016, 02:31 PM
The girl in the video is far from blameless.

All kids have a right to attend a school where they can feel safe. Letting spoiled brats like the girl in the video get away with obstructing justice creates a dangerous school environment.

Fortunately, the school understood that - - and suspended the girl.

Being a spoiled brat is not a crime. Assault is. Some police have been charged with not only assault but child abuse for doing crap like this.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 02:33 PM
Wrong. Every normal adult person has been in the position of supervising and even teaching children. You think that because you do it in the context of institutional education, that it somehow makes you an expert on interacting with children. I got news for you. It doesn't. People have been doing what you do for as long as humans have existed, and they have been doing it in a wide variety of contexts using a wide variety of methods, both formal and informal. So please spare us your expert routine, because you're not special or important. Just about anyone can do what you do using common sense and decency.

Being in charge of your own kids or a small group of them on a Sunday school picnic with other adults nearby, is a far cry from being on your own in charge of 6 classes a day of 25 to 35 teenagers each, all from varying backgrounds and who posses different attitudes and temperaments, many of who are only interested in fucking off and causing trouble.

Like I said before, you don't know jack shit. You've never been in a situation where you were the only adult in charge of a group of hostile kids from shitty homes and shitty parents who only cared about getting their brats out of the house and baby sat for six hours a day.

You're a babbling fool, sonny boy.

Leave the opinions on such issues for the professionals who know from experience Ethereal.

You don't even rate being called an amatuer.

del
04-08-2016, 02:34 PM
So -- it's okay for 12 year olds to obstruct justice?

go ask someone what obstruction of justice is, then come back and apologize for being an overly dramatic ignoramus.

we'll get into your approval of physical violence against children later.

now, scoot!

Peter1469
04-08-2016, 02:34 PM
I hear the guy was fired.

del
04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
good

JDubya
04-08-2016, 02:35 PM
I only contribute when I feel like the incident in question is an example of police brutality or misconduct. It's not my fault there are so many examples of such. Maybe if it weren't for mindless apologists like you, then it would be less of a problem.

And maybe if it weren't for mindless molly-coddlers like you, kids today wouldn't be a bunch of little jackasses who disrespect authority and fight with the police.

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:37 PM
Being a spoiled brat is not a crime. Assault is. Some police have been charged with not only assault but child abuse for doing crap like this.

Resisting arrest is a crime.

In Texas, it's a Class A misdemeanor if the one resisting has no weapon.

Texas Penal Code § 38.03. Resisting Arrest, Search, or Transportation - See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-38-03.html#sthash.q26Z6vL0.XAmqmNcZ.dpuf

(a)  A person commits an offense if he intentionally prevents or obstructs a person he knows is a peace officer or a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction from effecting an arrest, search, or transportation of the actor or another by using force against the peace officer or another.

(b) It is no defense to prosecution under this section that the arrest or search was unlawful.

(c) Except as provided in Subsection (d), an offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

(d) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree if the actor uses a deadly weapon to resist the arrest or search.

- See more at: http://codes.findlaw.com/tx/penal-code/penal-sect-38-03.html#sthash.q26Z6vL0.XAmqmNcZ.dpuf

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 02:39 PM
I hear the guy was fired.

Last I heard -- he was suspended with pay, pending an investigation.

He may well lose his job.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 02:41 PM
Listen, boy, you asked me how I would handle the situation and I gave you a perfectly valid answer. But because you're a dishonest, histrionic wimp who is frightened by twelve-year-old children, you tried to categorically dismiss it. Unfortunately for you, my response is entirely consistent with how the teachers at my public schools handled such situations. Apparently, your public school experience was different and teachers rushed in and started body slamming people.

And, yes, I saw people who refused to stop fighting, but it was a giant brawl between male seniors (legal adults) at a high school, not a twelve-year-old girl throwing a temper tantrum. Anything you saw while you were teaching for ten years, I saw and more while I attended public schools for thirteen years. Stop acting like you're some kind of expert on how children behave. You aren't.

Liar.

You never saw shit. Judging by the childish mentality and immature tone of your responses in general, my guess is that you're still a kid yourself, or barely out of high school.

No wonder you always side with unruly little shit asses.

I bet you were the class clown who spent more time in the Dean's office than you did in the classroom.

That would also account for your inferior intellectual capabilities.

del
04-08-2016, 02:42 PM
Liar.

You never saw shit. Judging by the childish mentality and immature tone of your responses in general, my guess is that you're still a kid yourself, or barely out of high school.

No wonder you always side with unruly little shit asses.

I bet you were the class clown who spent more time in the Dean's office than you did in the classroom.

That would also account for your inferior intellectual capabilities.

did you ever actually get out of your locker in high school?

Common Sense
04-08-2016, 02:43 PM
did you ever actually get out of your locker in high school?

Just for hall monitor duties.

JDubya
04-08-2016, 02:44 PM
go ask someone what obstruction of justice is, then come back and apologize for being an overly dramatic ignoramus.

we'll get into your approval of physical violence against children later.

now, scoot!

Last I heard -- he was suspended with pay, pending an investigation.

He may well lose his job.

It will soon reach the point where nobody will even want to be teachers or police officers anymore.

Then, the little shit heels and thugs can feel free to run around shitting wherever they want.