PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday Obamacare

Cigar
04-08-2016, 07:29 AM
http://e273468a55383449143d-4769e1e8e4501fd5520bae6885765002.r94.cf1.rackcdn.c om/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Happy-One-Year-Anniversary-Obamacare.jpg

http://sendingsunshine.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/fun-6th-birthday-gifts-card-from-zazzle-com_1245745052674.png?w=252&h=300

"Today I can announce that, thanks to the law, 20 million more Americans now know the security of health insurance."
--President Obama

decedent
04-08-2016, 08:01 AM
I was saddened to find out that death panels weren't real. I had 10 rich old widows lined up.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 08:09 AM
... don't forget, Grandma is more Healthier than ever and meaner than a Snake with a Toothache :grin:

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 08:35 AM
...yawn...

Obama famously said that Obamacare would bring family premiums down by $2,500. That hasn't happened, of course: Average family premiums for employer coverage went to $17,545 in 2015 from $13,375 in 2009. The administration argues that the law has contributed to a slowdown in the growth of health spending. But that slowdown started in 2002. Obamacare can't be the cause. The best that can be said about the law's effect on health spending is that its early years haven't interrupted that slowdown.

The Congressional Budget Office believes that the law is having a negative effect on employment. It projects that Americans next year will work the equivalent of 2 million fewer jobs because of the law. That's partly because the law's subsidies decline when people work more. The subsidies thus reduce the rewards to work and induce people to work less.
More Americans dislike Obamacare than like it, which has been the case since before its passage. More think the law has hurt them than think it has helped them. And as flawed as the law already appears, worse days may be ahead for it.
The law's health exchanges are showing signs of trouble. Enrollees are poorer and older than expected, which means the tax for being uninsured may not be succeeding in its aim of getting healthy people to sign up. If so, the exchanges could prove incapable of sustaining themselves.

Obamacare was supposed to pay for itself, but several features of the law that were meant to bring in revenue have proven as politically unrealistic as critics said. Congress has already suspended the law's medical-device tax and its tax on high-end, employer-provided insurance plans in a bipartisan deal.

Obamacare was a badly designed law. We could have achieved gains in insurance coverage without Obamacare's regulation-heavy approach; we could have addressed the health-care system's discrete problems without trying to overhaul it from Washington, D.C.

Those without access to employer health plans could have been given enough money to buy a policy that protected them against catastrophic expenses -- and that offered more protection if they put some of their own income into the policy. Modest regulatory changes could have been made to make it easier for people with pre-existing conditions to get coverage, too.

http://www.oregonlive.com/opinion/index.ssf/2016/03/hold_your_applause_on_obamacar.html

hanger4
04-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Cigar, do you really want to showcase all of Obama's and his administrations lies concerning ACA ??

Cigar
04-08-2016, 09:05 AM
Cigar, do you really want to showcase all of Obama's and his administrations lies concerning ACA ??

I don't Care, You Lost, and that's all that's important. :grin:

hanger4
04-08-2016, 09:13 AM
I don't Care, You Lost, and that's all that's important. :grin:

Of course it is Cigar. The good of the party and Obama's legacy is far more important than what's good for the country. In your small mind the end justifies the means regardless of the cost or harm it does.

birddog
04-08-2016, 10:12 AM
Ones who voted for Obama are nearly as scummy as he is, and they owe the rest of us an apology! After all, Barry took the title of "Lyin-King" away from Slick Willie!

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:18 AM
Ones who voted for Obama are nearly as scummy as he is, and they owe the rest of us an apology! After all, Barry took the title of "Lyin-King" away from Slick Willie!

birddog looks like even Obamacare can't cure The Conservative Pain over a Black Community Organizer from Chicago kicking Da-Ass Twice, Back-2-Black :grin:

I'm afraid you'll have to take that Pain to your grave with you, and beyond. :laugh:

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:19 AM
Of course it is Cigar. The good of the party and Obama's legacy is far more important than what's good for the country. In your small mind the end justifies the means regardless of the cost or harm it does.

F'ing A ... how's it feel to be a Victim? :grin:

birddog
04-08-2016, 10:22 AM
@birddog (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=333) looks like even Obamacare can't cure The Conservative Pain over a Black Community Organizer from Chicago kicking Da-Ass Twice, Back-2-Black :grin:

I'm afraid you'll have to take that Pain to your grave with you, and beyond. :laugh:

Bragging about electing the worst president in our history indicates how classless you are!

hanger4
04-08-2016, 10:37 AM
F'ing A ... how's it feel to be a Victim? :grin:

Nobody said anything about being a victim Cigar. Deflect much ??

I know know stupid question.

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:43 AM
Bragging about electing the worst president in our history indicates how classless you are!
:terribletowel::hello2::occasion18::pointlaugh::he adbang:

Cigar
04-08-2016, 10:44 AM
Nobody said anything about being a victim Cigar. Deflect much ??

I know know stupid question.

Are you angry that things didn't go your way? :grin:

Good, get use to it. :laugh:

hanger4
04-08-2016, 11:00 AM
Are you angry that things didn't go your way? :grin:

Good, get use to it. :laugh:

Do you always make things up to hide your lack of an argument ??

I know I know another stupid question. :grin:

FindersKeepers
04-08-2016, 12:03 PM
@birddog (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=333) looks like even Obamacare can't cure The Conservative Pain over a Black Community Organizer from Chicago kicking Da-Ass Twice, Back-2-Black :grin:

You are really obsessed with the color of people's skin -- to the point where it's truly fanatical.

Chris
04-08-2016, 01:26 PM
The emerging disaster of Obamacare (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/31/editorial-the-emerging-disaster-of-obamacare/): "Seven years on, the size of the Obamacare disaster is only beginning to emerge. Fixing it won’t be as easy as some of the candidates for president seem to think it will be. The Congressional Budget Office estimated last week that over the next decade Obamacare will add $1.4 trillion to the nation’s debt...."

onecut
04-09-2016, 11:16 AM
The emerging disaster of Obamacare (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/mar/31/editorial-the-emerging-disaster-of-obamacare/): "Seven years on, the size of the Obamacare disaster is only beginning to emerge. Fixing it won’t be as easy as some of the candidates for president seem to think it will be. The Congressional Budget Office estimated last week that over the next decade Obamacare will add $1.4 trillion to the nation’s debt...."

Those tired old hacks are wonderful as they bring up the same tired old (non) remedies of the past. To hear them speak health care costs have only gone up since Obamacare. They have no solutions, not even 5 years later except the old saw of "selling across state lines. All that would do is circumvent state regulations resulting more of those insurance policies that were great...............until someone made a claim.

That is the basic reason people could not keep their policies. They were, for all practical purposes, worthless. I doubt those that had such policies ever filed a claim. If they had they would be screaming bloody murder. The solution is at hand. Every advanced country in the world is on some kind of universal single payer.

Not us. We are too "exceptional"!

Chris
04-09-2016, 11:40 AM
Those tired old hacks are wonderful as they bring up the same tired old (non) remedies of the past. To hear them speak health care costs have only gone up since Obamacare. They have no solutions, not even 5 years later except the old saw of "selling across state lines. All that would do is circumvent state regulations resulting more of those insurance policies that were great...............until someone made a claim.

That is the basic reason people could not keep their policies. They were, for all practical purposes, worthless. I doubt those that had such policies ever filed a claim. If they had they would be screaming bloody murder. The solution is at hand. Every advanced country in the world is on some kind of universal single payer.

Not us. We are too "exceptional"!

Right, but yours is not a defense of Obamacare, which is failing.

And contrary to your claim the link I posted does address alternatives:

The critics of Obamacare are challenged to come up with an alternative to the disaster President Obama’s scheme has wrought. But an alternate drawn up with the recklessness of Obamacare would create another and equally crippling disaster. Resolving the complexities of the American medical scene in one comprehensive program has been an invitation to debacle for more than a half-century. Health care costs account for one-sixth of the American economy, and these costs are growing as American medicine demands new and expensive technology. Comparing American medicine to medical programs in other countries, particularly those with single payer systems, ignores the cold statistics that tell the actual story. Survival rates for breast cancer, for example, are much better here than in the most advanced European health systems.

Strenuous efforts to repeal and replace Obamacare must go forward, and this time common sense must be a guide. Prohibitions against crossing state lines to buy insurance must be repealed as a start. Simply removing that obstacle could go a long way toward the competition that would reduce health-care costs. One step at a time, and this time it must be a step forward.

onecut
04-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Right, but yours is not a defense of Obamacare, which is failing.

And contrary to your claim the link I posted does address alternatives:

Right. same old same old Republican bullshit that hasn't changed in five years

Prohibitions against crossing state lines to buy insurance must be repealed as a start. Simply removing that obstacle could go a long way toward the competition that would reduce health-care

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 09:08 AM
We need to allow the market to work. And we need to care for those who fall through the cracks. But we should do it on the cheap. These people (http://ramusa.org)can tell you how to do that.

onecut
04-10-2016, 10:04 AM
We need to allow the market to work. And we need to care for those who fall through the cracks. But we should do it on the cheap. These people (http://ramusa.org)can tell you how to do that.

Who pays for these "free" clinics? What happens to those who need care when these "mobile" clinics depart?

Free Medical ClinicsMany people live in fear of sickness and injury because they have little or no access to basic medical care. RAM responds to this need by providing free dental, vision, and medical care to isolated, impoverished, or underserved communities. In less than 24 hours we turn fairgrounds, schools, arenas, and jungles into mobile medical centers.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 11:12 AM
Who pays for these "free" clinics? What happens to those who need care when these "mobile" clinics depart?

Free Medical Clinics

Many people live in fear of sickness and injury because they have little or no access to basic medical care. RAM responds to this need by providing free dental, vision, and medical care to isolated, impoverished, or underserved communities. In less than 24 hours we turn fairgrounds, schools, arenas, and jungles into mobile medical centers.

Who pays for the current system?

We ought not let people die in the streets, don't you agree?

AZ Jim
04-10-2016, 11:20 AM
Bragging about electing the worst president in our history indicates how classless you are!You and others of your ilk hold that honor for your G W Bush votes!

Captain Obvious
04-10-2016, 11:22 AM
Happy birthday lol, here's one instance where I could support abortion.

onecut
04-10-2016, 11:49 AM
[QUOTE=Peter1469;1509807]Who pays for the current system?

We ought not let people die in the streets, don't you agree?[/QUOTE

I dont see that the idea of mobile free clinics are going to be of much help. I suppose you think of it as a cheap alternative to conventional medicine. You may be right but there are lots of "free" clinics around now and they do not fill the need.

Do you really think that medicine for profit is the way to go? We are the only advanced country left that thinks so.

birddog
04-10-2016, 12:36 PM
You and others of your ilk hold that honor for your G W Bush votes!

Dubya was not perfect, but he was a far better president than the scumbucket we have now! Dubya had to deal with a downsliding economy when he became president, plus 9-11 and Iraq War, all primarily caused by Slick Willie's incompetence!

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Who pays for the current system?

We ought not let people die in the streets, don't you agree?

I dont see that the idea of mobile free clinics are going to be of much help. I suppose you think of it as a cheap alternative to conventional medicine. You may be right but there are lots of "free" clinics around now and they do not fill the need.

Do you really think that medicine for profit is the way to go? We are the only advanced country left that thinks so.

The profit motive creates quality care.

Government workers do not result in quality - typically.

onecut
04-10-2016, 01:18 PM
The profit motive creates quality care.

Government workers do not result in quality - typically.

Then how do you explain this?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/06/16/u-s-healthcare-ranked-dead-last-compared-to-10-other-countries/#fad9ae51b96f

or this
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror

Or this
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/us-healthcare-most-expensive-and-worst-performing/372828/

Or the dozens and dozens of studies that prove you wrong

AZ Jim
04-10-2016, 01:37 PM
Many forget that with the ACA many previous insurance stipulations changed. Most notable is the "Precondition" clauses. Now, you cannot be refused for having had your heart attack, cancer, etal. It is a Godsend to many people whether enrolled in the ACA or not. Thank you Mr. President.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:05 PM
Then how do you explain this?
http://www.forbes.com/sites/danmunro/2014/06/16/u-s-healthcare-ranked-dead-last-compared-to-10-other-countries/#fad9ae51b96f

or this
http://www.commonwealthfund.org/publications/fund-reports/2014/jun/mirror-mirror

Or this
http://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2014/06/us-healthcare-most-expensive-and-worst-performing/372828/

Or the dozens and dozens of studies that prove you wrong

We don't have a free market in health care outside of specific markets such as LASIK and plastic surgery.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:06 PM
Many forget that with the ACA many previous insurance stipulations changed. Most notable is the "Precondition" clauses. Now, you cannot be refused for having had your heart attack, cancer, etal. It is a Godsend to many people whether enrolled in the ACA or not. Thank you Mr. President.

We didn't need Obamacare to make that change.....

onecut
04-10-2016, 02:18 PM
[QUO

TE=Peter1469;1510122]We didn't need Obamacare to make that change.....[/QUOTE]

Really? I do not remember any insurance companies using the dropping of preconditions as a competitive tool. Nor do I remember any of them allowing kids to stay on a policy until they are 26.

If you can bring forth such actions well.....................................we are waiting.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:23 PM
We didn't need Obamacare to make that change.....

Really? I do not remember any insurance companies using the dropping of preconditions as a competitive tool. Nor do I remember any of them allowing kids to stay on a policy until they are 26.

If you can bring forth such actions well.....................................we are waiting.

Are you asserting that we needed to change health insurance law for all to fix that one issue? :shocked:

onecut
04-10-2016, 02:24 PM
Are you asserting that we needed to change health insurance law for all to fix that one issue? :shocked:

I am saying that without Obamacare those issues (and many others) would never be fixed.

Captain Obvious
04-10-2016, 07:20 PM
I am saying that without Obamacare those issues (and many others) would never be fixed.

O'bamacare had nothing to do with healthcare but it has everything to do with dependence, specifically states rights. A handful of states rejected Medicaid expansion, Missouri is one of them.

Aside from that, what did O'bamacare bring us?

We could have simply passed legislation prohibiting preexisting conditions, we didn't need a massive, bloated piece of legislation to do it.

Let's make this simple, there's a lot of info here. It was heralded that O'bamacare will lower costs and increase quality. How does it do that? How is it doing that if it actually is?

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
O'bamacare had nothing to do with healthcare but it has everything to do with dependence, specifically states rights. A handful of states rejected Medicaid expansion, Missouri is one of them.

We could have simply passed legislation prohibiting preexisting conditions, we didn't need a massive, bloated piece of legislation to do it.

Let's make this simple, there's a lot of info here. It was heralded that O'bamacare will lower costs and increase quality. How does it do that? How is it doing that if it actually is?

It is increasing cost and lowering quality. By design. Soon the sheep will be bleating for universal healthcare.

Captain Obvious
04-10-2016, 07:40 PM
It is increasing cost and lowering quality. By design. Soon the sheep will be bleating for universal healthcare.

It's shifting costs to the patient and decreasing quality because patients are going to think twice about going to the ER or get an MRI if their co-insurance triples.

The average voter has no idea how O'bamacare works, they look at it as if it's some sort of benefit.

onecut
04-11-2016, 09:59 AM

Where Obamacare is being allowed to work, in the way it was intended, costs are rising more slowly. In the states where it has been impeded (pronounce that Republican) not so much.

I would say that for those who now have insurance and previously did not quality has improved greatly.

Subdermal
04-11-2016, 10:55 AM
Where Obamacare is being allowed to work, in the way it was intended, costs are rising more slowly. In the states where it has been impeded (pronounce that Republican) not so much.

I would say that for those who now have insurance and previously did not quality has improved greatly.

Uh...cite?

BTW..sidebar: you have a thread you created attempting to defend the economic wisdom of a MW increase that you abandoned.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2016, 11:32 AM

What?

lol, wrong. Average costs havent changed.

Utilzation is down because people are forgoing services because they cant afford the higher out of pocket.

That isnt cost control. And people will die because of this.

You have no clue.

Captain Obvious
04-11-2016, 11:33 AM
Youre talking out of your ass too, btw onecut .

Feel free to substantiate your claims.