PDA

View Full Version : Obama Team Tries to Lower Expectations for Debate

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 03:58 PM
Obama team tries to lower expectations for debates
(http://www.myfoxdc.com/story/19563051/obama-touts-new-auto-case-against-china)
President Barack Obama's re-election campaign doesn't want to talk about what the Democrat is doing to prepare for the fall debates with Republican Mitt Romney. But aides are readily setting expectations - and not surprisingly, they want to keep them low for Obama while raising the stakes for Romney.

"While Mitt Romney has done 20 debates in the last year, he has not done one in four years, so there certainly is a challenge in that regard," Jennifer Psaki, Obama's campaign spokeswoman, said of the president on Monday.

[S]ome of the Obama campaign's tactical lowering of expectations is also rooted in the truth. Aides say the structured - and time-limited - nature of the debates isn't a natural fit for Obama, who often is long-winded when answering questions during news conferences or town hall-style meetings.
Obama's campaign purposely has been vague about how he is getting ready for the debates and aides refused to discuss details of his preparations publicly.

Can't wait for the debates....
Obama cannot defend his record and Romney can hammer him. Romney has to step up the passion in his presentation. This is his chance to take Obama to the woodshed.

As for Biden...lolol.

coolwalker
09-18-2012, 04:36 PM
I thought Obama was the great talker...oh...I forgot, he'll actually have to answer questions instead of looking down his nose and posturing...you know, that look of defiance.

patrickt
09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
President Obama had a tutor to teach him to be black and to be a communist and now he has tutors to teach him to answer questions. It's not like he's had any practice but I don't have much hope for anything substantive to be asked. President Obama won't be in any debates that aren't rigged for him.

Mainecoons
09-18-2012, 04:38 PM
That's all right, since the Republicans were STUPID enough to allow most of these faux debates to be "moderated" by lefties, you can bet they'll lob softballs at their boy.

You know, I thought the blatant push by the MSM to get Barry elected was going to set a record that would stand for a while.

I was wrong. We're going for a new level of media bias and cheerleading here that would have made the old Pravda green with envy.

Deadwood
09-18-2012, 04:42 PM
Can't wait for the debates....
Obama cannot defend his record and Romney can hammer him. Romney has to step up the passion in his presentation. This is his chance to take Obama to the woodshed.

As for Biden...lolol.

Well of course. They have to lower expectations. This guy barely got by McCaine.....

coolwalker
09-18-2012, 04:45 PM
President Obama had a tutor to teach him to be black and to be a communist and now he has tutors to teach him to answer questions. It's not like he's had any practice but I don't have much hope for anything substantive to be asked. President Obama won't be in any debates that aren't rigged for him.

Notice where all the debates are to be held, and especially the one debate that is a town hall style meeting, that one is at Hofstra Unv. one of the most liberal colleges in NY.

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 04:51 PM
I thought Obama was the great talker...oh...I forgot, he'll actually have to answer questions instead of looking down his nose and posturing...you know, that look of defiance.Empty words and repeats the same speeches over and over....from '08.

Watch!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZgQhnNRSuw

<gag, puke>

coolwalker
09-18-2012, 04:55 PM
Empty words and repeats the same speeches over and over....from '08.
<gag, puke>

It took him years to rehearse, he's not about to change now and go off script. I just wish he would stop with the droning cadence in his speech. It puts me to sleep.

patrickt
09-18-2012, 06:09 PM
He can't use a teleprompter but he'll be prompted by someone. I have images of the Hofstra audience mimicking Obama's associates in OWS and repeating everything he says and waving their fingers.

Trinnity
09-18-2012, 07:52 PM
If Obama can't think for himself, if he can't function without the teleprompter, if he's too used to his rote, rehashed speeches and talking points - and he seems to be all that - he's gonna look foolish.

Captain Obvious
09-18-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't wait for the debates either, but I see Mitt digging himself into holes. His campaign is nothing short of a train wreck and if he doesn't come prepared (and Obama does), he's going to get his ass handed to him.