PDA

View Full Version : tPF President Obama Defends Hillary Clinton Amid Investigation Into Private Email Server

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 01:13 PM
President Obama Defends Hillary Clinton Amid Investigation Into Private Email Server
By Alexander Mallin

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/president-obama-defends-hillary-clinton-amid-investigation-private/story?id=38287490

"The president went in depth in his defense of his former secretary of state, even after saying he had to be careful because of the ongoing investigations in the Department of Justice (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/justice-department.htm) and Congress."

“I continue to believe that she has not jeopardized America’s national security (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/national-security.htm),” Obama said."

"The FBI has not formally named Clinton as a target and she has not been accused of any crimes."

==========================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, the President of the United States obviously believes or knows that Hillary Clinton, his former political rival, has committed no crime or jeopardized America in any way. And the FBI hasn't charged her with anything either right-wingers, even after multi-investigations, and most likely will not after all. End of story.

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

JVV
04-10-2016, 01:20 PM
How low this nation has sunk that the party frontrunners are Hillary and Trump.

And the best defense Hillary supporters have for her is "There's no proof that she actually broke a law."

It doesn't matter how much lack of judgment she demonstrates or how much carelessness she shows with national security. Doesn't matter how apparent conflict of interest there is between Hillary and various sources of money behind her and her family.

Just as long as there's not enough of a paper trail to get an indictment, that's good enough for her supporters.

This nation is a mess.

Boris The Animal
04-10-2016, 01:22 PM
Criminals of a feather flock together.

sachem
04-10-2016, 01:24 PM
We get who we deserve.

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 01:39 PM

And the best defense Hillary supporters have for her is "There's no proof that she actually broke a law."

It doesn't matter how much lack of judgment she demonstrates or how much carelessness she shows with national security. Doesn't matter how apparent conflict of interest there is between Hillary and various sources of money behind her and her family.

Just as long as there's not enough of a paper trail to get an indictment, that's good enough for her supporters.

This nation is a mess.
If they can't prove, unequivocally, that she broke the law then she is innocent of all faux charges as a person is considered to be innocent until proven guilty in this country. Enough said.

JVV
04-10-2016, 01:58 PM
If they can't prove, unequivocally, that she broke the law then she is innocent of all faux charges as a person is considered to be innocent until proven guilty in this country. Enough said.

LOL.

"Innocent until proven guilty" means we don't send a person to jail without the proof.

It doesn't mean that the person is not stupid or careless. It sure doesn't mean the person should be given the keys to the White House.

That kind of taint should disqualify a candidate from office. It's a sad day in this country that Democrats are propping someone like that up for the presidency and using as their excuse that no one can prove what she did was actually criminal.

This nation is in an ugly, scary place. Trump on one side. Clinton on the other. Very scary. We deserve to follow a long, dark road, until we decide once again that honor and principles matter.

Cigar
04-10-2016, 02:04 PM
Oh look the World is Ending ... Again for the Gloom and Doomers. :laugh:

JVV
04-10-2016, 02:11 PM

Who said the world is ending?

It's sad how far we have sunk.

Nevertheless, we'll trudge along, with the rich getting richer and the poor getting more hopeless.

But they probably won't burn many of our cities. At least not the well-to-do neighborhoods.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:12 PM

This nation is a mess.

Criminals of a feather flock together.

We get who we deserve.

I never know whether to laugh, roll my eyes or shake my head whenever I read posts like those on political forums.

When it comes to judging politicians, some people just get so sanctimonious and self righteous it's truly hard to bear. As if you all have led such perfect, exemplary lives or never had minor lapses in judgement.

Oh, I know what the standard, canned response to that will be... "Elected officials are supposed to hold themselves to a higher standard!!!!" :yap:

Yadda yadda yadda.

Sure, in terms of outright graft, corruption, taking bribes, allowing their legislative decisions to be bought and paid for by special interests... etc, etc, etc, of course they owe it to us to conduct themselves in a manner above reproach. But this is a question that involves what kind of email server Clinton was using.

There have been no serious allegations (and by serious, I don't mean all the goofball right-wing nonsense that's always floating around like flosam) that she intentionally misused her server or committed espionage or grossly compromised national security. This is all just more of the same ultra-partisan gutter politics that we've seen time and time again being engaged in by the right against the Clintons and Obama.

But aside from all that, what is truly tiresome and sickening, is the silly weepy, woeful hand wringing that gets engaged in on forums like this one, not only by the partisan hacks on the far right, but by Sanders progressives on the far left and well meaning dopes who purport to be non-partisan centrists, yet still feel that holding politicians they don't support, to absurd, unrealistic standards of perfection, somehow increases their own level of superiority.

It's nothing more than jumping on a fashionable band wagon to broad brush all politicians as dishonest scoundrels, even when the evidence of it is weak or non-existent.

Silliness.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:14 PM
LOL.

"Innocent until proven guilty" means we don't send a person to jail without the proof.

It doesn't mean that the person is not stupid or careless. It sure doesn't mean the person should be given the keys to the White House.

That kind of taint should disqualify a candidate from office. It's a sad day in this country that Democrats are propping someone like that up for the presidency and using as their excuse that no one can prove what she did was actually criminal.

This nation is in an ugly, scary place. Trump on one side. Clinton on the other. Very scary. We deserve to follow a long, dark road, until we decide once again that honor and principles matter.

I'm really getting sick of drama queens.

JVV
04-10-2016, 02:15 PM
A vote for Hillary is a vote to not ever have the moral authority to hold anyone to any kind of standard again.

Voting for Hillary means that 99% of the accusations the left has lobbed at the right for the past 8 years were just for show. Partisan hackery. Not representative of the left being willing to stand for anything. Just an interest in winning.

JVV
04-10-2016, 02:17 PM

I'm sick of the leftwingers who accused rightwingers of putting party before country, and then climbed on board the Hillary express.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:18 PM
A vote for Hillary is a vote to not ever have the moral authority to hold anyone to any kind of standard again.

Voting for Hillary means that 99% of the accusations the left has lobbed at the right for the past 8 years were just for show. Partisan hackery. Not representative of the left being willing to stand for anything. Just an interest in winning.

Drama queen.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:20 PM
I'm sick of the leftwingers who accused rightwingers of putting party before country, and then climbed on board the Hillary express.

Not a shred of evidence that she's ever done anything illegal or immoral.

Just made up lies by the character assassination squads of the right-wing propaganda ministry.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:26 PM

Don't be so hard on yourself. :wink:

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:27 PM
Not a shred of evidence that she's ever done anything illegal or immoral.

Just made up lies by the character assassination squads of the right-wing propaganda ministry.

A private server for official business is a prima facie case of illegal behavior.

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 02:33 PM
LOL.

Speaking of principles, that's just one of the main principles of the System of Justice in this country that a person is presumed to be innocent until PROVEN guilty! Sorry to learn that you apparently don't believe in justice. Oh well, why doesn't that surprise me with your http://smiles.kolobok.us/big_madhouse/wacko3.gif way of thinking?

Mini Me
04-10-2016, 02:43 PM
A private server for official business is a prima facie case of illegal behavior.

But; "No harm, no foul, as they say in the NBA!

Where has the harm been done? And where is the intent to do harm?
Has that been shown at the hearings?

I thought we had come a long ways since the Salem Witch Trails!

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:44 PM
But; "No harm, no foul, as they say in the NBA!

Where has the harm been done? And where is the intent to do harm?
Has that been shown at the hearings?

I thought we had come a long ways since the Salem Witch Trails!

Our intelligence community says that there was harm. Assets were lost.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:48 PM

No it isn't and tossing around legal jargon like prima facie does not make it one.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Our intelligence community says that there was harm. Assets were lost.

Link?

MisterVeritis
04-10-2016, 02:51 PM
But; "No harm, no foul, as they say in the NBA! Where has the harm been done? And where is the intent to do harm? Has that been shown at the hearings? I thought we had come a long ways since the Salem Witch Trails! Although we won't be told, people were captured, tortured and killed. No one will spy for the US for another 40 years. The state needs to execute Clinton.

Thread Ban issued at the request of OP. Do not respond to Tbed members.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:52 PM
Link?

Provided several times. Keep up.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 02:53 PM
No it isn't and tossing around legal jargon like prima facie does not make it one.

I am telling you what the law is. You are telling us how you feel.

sachem
04-10-2016, 02:54 PM
You are pithy today.

JVV
04-10-2016, 03:07 PM
It's nice to see the Hillary supporters continue to show their low standards.

Just as long as she isn't proven to have committed a crime, it doesn't matter how dishonest she is, how much she flip-flops, what bad judgement she shows, how much she tries to defend the indefensible, what conflicts of interests she has, etc.

If she didn't have the Clinton name, no way would you approve of her corporatocratic corruption.

Of course, if she didn't have the Clinton name, she wouldn't be where she is now.

You have your royalty and it doesn't matter how much she goes against what you claim to support -- you're going to have that coronation.

You show your colors.

You have no grounds on which to criticize Republicans for putting partisanship ahead of principle.

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 04:04 PM

http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/yahoo/76.gif

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 04:05 PM
It's nice to see the Hillary supporters continue to show their low standards.

Just as long as she isn't proven to have committed a crime, it doesn't matter how dishonest she is, how much she flip-flops, what bad judgement she shows, how much she tries to defend the indefensible, what conflicts of interests she has, etc.

If she didn't have the Clinton name, no way would you approve of her corporatocratic corruption.

Of course, if she didn't have the Clinton name, she wouldn't be where she is now.

You have your royalty and it doesn't matter how much she goes against what you claim to support -- you're going to have that coronation.

You show your colors.

You have no grounds on which to criticize Republicans for putting partisanship ahead of principle.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 04:09 PM
Although we won't be told, people were captured, tortured and killed. No one will spy for the US for another 40 years. The state needs to execute Clinton.

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emo/word/bullshit-bs-smiley-emoticon.gif

JDubya
04-10-2016, 04:11 PM

Sure you did.

You just go ahead and keep on hiding behind that if you need to.

:hiding:

JDubya
04-10-2016, 04:12 PM
I am telling you what the law is. You are telling us how you feel.

You've got that completely backwards.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 04:22 PM
Sure you did.

You just go ahead and keep on hiding behind that if you need to.

:hiding:

Oh sure. Hire a secretary if you need one. You can't afford me. Other people have said the same thing.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 04:23 PM
You've got that completely backwards.

Actually, no. I got it right. What state bar do you belong to again?

JVV
04-10-2016, 04:28 PM

I understand.

You show that Democrats don't actually care about taking a stand for what they claim to believe in.

You are the symbol of why Democrats can't get people out to vote for them in midterms.

Enjoy the GOP taking back the Senate in 2018.

Democrats show no interest in changing. So 2018 will be just like 2010 and 2014.

Maybe one day Democrats will decide they're ready to start practicing what they preach. When that happens, they will start winning midterms.

Until then keep putting your fingers in your ears and singing lalalalalala.

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 04:35 PM
I understand.

You show that Democrats don't actually care about taking a stand for what they claim to believe in.

You are the symbol of why Democrats can't get people out to vote for them in midterms.

Enjoy the GOP taking back the Senate in 2018.

Democrats show no interest in changing. So 2018 will be just like 2010 and 2014.

Maybe one day Democrats will decide they're ready to start practicing what they preach. When that happens, they will start winning midterms.

Until then keep putting your fingers in your ears and singing lalalalalala.
More idle BS and http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/yahoo/76.gif

JVV
04-10-2016, 04:36 PM
More idle BS and http://smiley.nowdararpour.ir/yahoo/76.gif

Yeah.

Sure.

Stay in denial.

Why can't Democrats get people out to vote for them in midterms?

JDubya
04-10-2016, 05:07 PM
Actually, no. I got it right. What state bar do you belong to again?

I don't hang around in bars. Maybe that's part of your problem.

http://www.angelfire.com/blues2/yooperkaren/emoticons/drunk.gif

JDubya
04-10-2016, 05:10 PM
Oh sure. Hire a secretary if you need one. You can't afford me. Other people have said the same thing.

Translation: Peter - "I really have nothing to back up my claims, so I'm just gonna keep on claiming I do without actually posting them".

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 05:12 PM
I don't hang around in bars. Maybe that's part of your problem.

Funny little person.

I suspected as much. You are not a lawyer.

It is illegal to practice law without a license. So stop.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 05:13 PM
Translation: Peter - "I really have nothing to back up my claims, so I'm just gonna keep on claiming I do without actually posting them".

Asked an answered. Links provided. Look at them.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 05:44 PM
Funny little person.

It is illegal to practice law without a license. So stop.

Aw, c' mon Peter.... everyone on these political forums is a lawyer. I've never been on one where there wasn't at least one or two.

What I find so strange, is that given what scum we all know lawyers are, you'd think anyone who really is one, would do everything they could to deny it, rather than imply that they are, just for the imaginary gravitas they mistakenly believe it lends them.

That and the fact that nowadays, any idiot can graduate from law school as long as mommy and daddy can afford to send them.

:yawn:

JDubya
04-10-2016, 05:46 PM
Asked an answered. Links provided. Look at them.

I don't see any links.

All I see is a lot of BS about them being somewhere.

Maybe they're floating around in la-la land.

AZ Jim
04-10-2016, 05:49 PM
Funny little person.

It is illegal to practice law without a license. So stop.And you, sir are not a psychiatrist yet you diagnosed me as "having issues" in another post. STOP playing physician.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 06:26 PM
Aw, c' mon Peter.... everyone on these political forums is a lawyer. I've never been on one where there wasn't at least one or two.

What I find so strange, is that given what scum we all know lawyers are, you'd think anyone who really is one, would do everything they could to deny it, rather than imply that they are, just for the imaginary gravitas they mistakenly believe it lends them.

That and the fact that nowadays, any idiot can graduate from law school as long as mommy and daddy can afford to send them.

:yawn:

Well, I am a lawyer. And I paid my own way. Much of the money was earned on deployments into combat zones where my money was tax free, plus combat pay. So I paid $90K off in 10 years.

I readily admit that some lawyers are scum. But not all of us.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 06:27 PM
I don't see any links.

All I see is a lot of BS about them being somewhere.

Maybe they're floating around in la-la land.

Tough shit. I provided links several times and am not about to jump to your demand for them again. You are not important enough for that.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 06:28 PM
And you, sir are not a psychiatrist yet you diagnosed me as "having issues" in another post. STOP playing physician.

No. Lawyer, not shrink or doctor of any sort. And ex-infantry soldier.

JDubya
04-10-2016, 06:44 PM
Well, I am a lawyer. And I paid my own way. Much of the money was earned on deployments into combat zones where my money was tax free, plus combat pay. So I paid $90K off in 10 years.

I readily admit that some lawyers are scum. But not all of us.

Costs a lot of money to become a dime-a-dozen, glorified clerk, which is what most lawyers are nowadays.

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 06:59 PM
Costs a lot of money to become a dime-a-dozen, glorified clerk, which is what most lawyers are nowadays.

I couldn't verify that.

I actually have a position that matters. My clients don't always listen to me, which is fine. But I give them correct legal advice. And if I am recalled to active duty I can perform any number of important functions. The coolest is that I am a military magistrate with world wide jurisdiction over military (and civilians accompanying the force) members. Find a civilian judge who can say the same (you can't).

JDubya
04-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I couldn't verify that.

I actually have a position that matters. My clients don't always listen to me, which is fine. But I give them correct legal advice. And if I am recalled to active duty I can perform any number of important functions. The coolest is that I am a military magistrate with world wide jurisdiction over military (and civilians accompanying the force) members. Find a civilian judge who can say the same (you can't).

And yet, here you are on a run of the mill political forum with the rest of us, arguing with the riff-raff, all day, every day, day in and day out.

Just like every other "forum lawyer" I've ever encountered.

Why am I not impressed? :yawn:

Peter1469
04-10-2016, 07:41 PM
And yet, here you are on a run of the mill political forum with the rest of us, arguing with the riff-raff, all day, every day, day in and day out.

Just like every other "forum lawyer" I've ever encountered.

Why am I not impressed? :yawn:

Who cares about your feelings? I don't.

Cigar
04-10-2016, 08:09 PM
Who said the world is ending?

It's sad how far we have sunk.

Nevertheless, we'll trudge along, with the rich getting richer and the poor getting more hopeless.

But they probably won't burn many of our cities. At least not the well-to-do neighborhoods.

Sorry you're having problems, life has never been better for me. :wink:

Maybe you should try another place to live.

JVV
04-10-2016, 08:40 PM
Sorry you're having problems, life has never been better for me. :wink:

Maybe you should try another place to live.

Understood. You got yours. Why rock the boat?

More of those Clintonian Democratic values.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2016, 09:11 PM
Imho, the President of the United States obviously believes or knows that Hillary Clinton, his former political rival, has committed no crime or jeopardized America in any way.

the other theory is that he knows his incompetence allowed things to run amok and out of control, so he's just trying to run interference.

TrueBlue
04-10-2016, 09:20 PM
the other theory is that he knows his incompetence allowed things to run amok and out of control, so he's just trying to run interference.
Theories like that do run amuck in people whose mind runs amuck. http://smiles.kolobok.us/big_madhouse/wacko2.gif

Tahuyaman
04-10-2016, 09:24 PM
Theories like that do run amuck in people whose mind runs amuck. http://smiles.kolobok.us/big_madhouse/wacko2.gif

I'm going with the theory that Obama is running interference so he can dodge responsibility for anything which happens under his watch. It's the easiest path to take.

JVV
04-10-2016, 09:33 PM

Definitely a "one hand washes the other" thing going on.

Circling those wagons. Protecting that legacy.

Tahuyaman
04-10-2016, 09:39 PM
Definitely a "one hand washes the other" thing going on.

Circling those wagons. Protecting that legacy.

I believe that's the real story.

Adelaide
04-11-2016, 07:25 AM
I'm not sure that it's valuable to Clinton to have Obama defend her. I think most of the people really harping on about the email scandal are just going to assume they're in cahoots and Obama would say what he did regardless of whether she is found to have done wrongdoing... and that could very well be the case. Obama isn't going to say anything that could hurt her election chances.

Boris The Animal
04-11-2016, 12:27 PM
I'm not sure that it's valuable to Clinton to have Obama defend her. I think most of the people really harping on about the email scandal are just going to assume they're in cahoots and Obama would say what he did regardless of whether she is found to have done wrongdoing... and that could very well be the case. Obama isn't going to say anything that could hurt her election chances.Good.

Tahuyaman
04-11-2016, 02:02 PM
I'm not sure that it's valuable to Clinton to have Obama defend her. I think most of the people really harping on about the email scandal are just going to assume they're in cahoots and Obama would say what he did regardless of whether she is found to have done wrongdoing... and that could very well be the case. Obama isn't going to say anything that could hurt her election chances.

I'm quite certain that the Obama administration's partisan led justice department is going to simply drag their feet and claim they are still deciding how to handle it. They will hope that she is elected and then Obama can dodge the criticism for his failure to hold people in his administration accountable.

He can pass this problem off onto his successor.

Ransom
04-11-2016, 03:05 PM
Well then...if he's weighed in, he can be called to testify. "Mr. President, did you ever email or receive an email from Hillary Clinton whereupon she wasn't using a government provided email address?"

Ransom
04-11-2016, 03:07 PM

She's admitted to using the server for government business, even admitted she should have thought it out better, the wrongdoing bar has already been met.......just keeping her bucket carriers awake.

Happy Monday.

Cigar
04-11-2016, 08:13 PM
Understood. You got yours. Why rock the boat?

More of those Clintonian Democratic values.

You got it ... :grin:

IT's all about Me and Donald Ja Trump :laugh: