PDA

View Full Version : Banks, Governments Move To Restrict Personal Gold Bullion Purchases

MMC
09-16-2011, 01:23 PM
http://www.shtfplan.com/precious-metals/banks-governments-move-to-restrict-personal-gold-bullion-purchases_09092011

This week we returned from a trip to the Eurozone where we met with a host of different people across many countries and several industries. All of the indicators we’re seeing – construction starts, bank lending, personal borrowing habits, economic growth, and even the (lack of) items in grocery store carts – suggest that Europe is on the brink, though as is generally the case, the average European has no clue what’s coming their way.

The most alarming situation we identified is one relating to the purchase of gold coins and bullion – specifically in the country of Austria – but one that will likely make its way across the EU if it hasn’t already. Unlike the United States, where gold and silver can be purchased through traditional methods like visiting a local dealer directly, or even placing an order on the internet, it is much more difficult to find a gold/silver dealer outside of Germany or Switzerland. As a result, those individuals interested in acquiring gold are left with purchasing directly from local bank branches.

A new trend in Austrian (and perhaps the rest of Europe’s) banking policies suggests that certain interested parties are attempting to control the sale and personal acquisition of gold/silver as safe haven assets. What we experienced first hand should be a wake up call for not just Europeans, but Americans as well.

The policy change was quiet, has not been reported by any media outlets that we’re aware of, and no mention of the new policies is made on the web sites of Austria’s largest banking institutions (though it is clear they vehemently comply with U.S. anti-money laundering measures and the Patriot Act)

According to the bank representatives and manager we spoke with, Austrian banks have now been ordered to restrict the sale of gold and silver bullion purchases and are limiting personal acquisitions of precious metals to 15,000€ (approximately $20,700 USD) at a time, or 11 ounces of gold at today’s prices.

Upon further discussion we learned that these policies were implemented over the course of the last 30 days, and they are now standard operating procedure. The reason given was the banks had come under pressure from EU, Austrian and U.S. officials, with this particular manager specifically citing U.S. money laundering initiatives and the EU’s Third EU Money Laundering Directive which was implemented across the zone in December of 2007.

The idea that these restrictions have been put in place as anti-money laundering measures is laughable. As we all know, if a drug cartel or other criminal organization wanted to launder money, they wouldn’t do it in person purchasing bullion coins at a local banking branch. They’d simply pick up the phone and contact a too-big-too-fail bank (video), as we’ve seen with the billions of dollars recently laundered through U.S. banks. You may remember there was very little reporting on this issue from mainstream media and it has been ignored by U.S. prosecutors

To the average European and American this may not mean much. But if you’ve been paying attention to the events unfolding over the last several years, it’s becoming clear that the economies of the EU and US are under threat of a significant and potentially permanent financial collapse. This morning, IMF managing director Christine Lagarde was quoted as saying that the situation is so dire, “policymakers should stand ready, as needed, to take more action to support the recovery, including through unconventional measures.”

The global trend across industrialized nations for the last twenty years has been to move towards a cashless society, but one that still utilizes centrally planned currencies. While central banks, large institutional funds and wealthy private investors across the world continue to buy up gold, governments seem to be moving quickly to restrict the ability of average people to do the same – and they are rapidly implementing policies to either restrict or track these types of transactions....snip~

Notice what this is saying concernng the US. Austria is restricting the sale of gold. In the US they look for any transactions that are using a lot of cash. Immediately Homeland Security is on it? WTF for. Doesnt it sound like that Dept is stepping totally out of it's jurisdiction and with the lame Excuse of National Security. The IMF Broad spoke this morning. Look at what she is saying about the US and our financial woes.

The Banks said this came from Pressure by the EU, Austrian, and US Officials. >:(

Conley
09-16-2011, 11:54 PM
Oh definitely. The Patriot Act and every other piece of legislation supposedly designed to combat terrorism is bunk. Even going inside a bank to withdraw cash from a healthy balance gets you a ton of scrutiny. Honestly I don't think there are places left where the government isn't up in your business. It's not just the U.S. :-\

MMC
09-17-2011, 12:06 AM
Oh definitely. The Patriot Act and every other piece of legislation supposedly designed to combat terrorism is bunk. Even going inside a bank to withdraw cash from a healthy balance gets you a ton of scrutiny. Honestly I don't think there are places left where the government isn't up in your business. It's not just the U.S. :-\

I was inside our Local Police Station.....and I was lookin at the monitor that was showing different parts of the town. Live feed. I noticed the angle of the camera. So when out and about I was checkin it out where they have these camera's at. None of them are like in what one could say is plain sight.

Then Stop-lights, and or any local buisness. Which isn't even counting that eye in the sky. Also the OP says the potential permanent financial collapse of the US.

Conley
09-17-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh yeah...and from what I understand there are a lot of countries that have those street cameras more than we do. Europe for ex...can't make a move without it being recorded. The technology is cheap and the courts say to heck with right to privacy. Which may not be a right. But you know what I mean...

MMC
09-17-2011, 12:31 AM
Oh yeah...and from what I understand there are a lot of countries that have those street cameras more than we do. Europe for ex...can't make a move without it being recorded. The technology is cheap and the courts say to heck with right to privacy. Which may not be a right. But you know what I mean...

Yeah the UK has had them for awhile.....then they have the Cop Boxes on some of the Light Poles in Very bad neighborhoods.

Conley
09-17-2011, 12:34 AM

Yeah the UK has had them for awhile.....then they have the Cop Boxes on some of the Light Poles in Very bad neighborhoods.

I don't think most Americans realize how bad things have gotten in the U.K. They think it's all tea, crumpets, and Hugh Grant being awkward. I myself have just realized how bad things are over there in the last few years. The recent riots are just more evidence of it.

MMC
09-17-2011, 01:42 AM

I don't think most Americans realize how bad things have gotten in the U.K. They think it's all tea, crumpets, and Hugh Grant being awkward. I myself have just realized how bad things are over there in the last few years. The recent riots are just more evidence of it.

UK and all of Europe. Looks Like it's headed our way to.