PDA

View Full Version : Imagine the outcry if a Republican said this.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 05:58 PM
This is a perfect illustration of a liberal double standard.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/on-de-blasio-and-clintons-cp-time-joke.html (http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/on-de-blasio-and-clintons-cp-time-joke.html)

Clinton says, “Thanks for the endorsement, Bill. Took you long enough,” followed by an off-camera “Oh snap” from Odom. So far, so good — this bit is actually working. But now it’s Bill’s turn to deliver some comedy gold.
What’s on your mind, Bill. SAY IT FROM YOUR CHEST.
“Sorry, Hillary.”
http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/intelligencer/2016/04/11/11-leslie-odom-hillary-clinton-bill-de-blasio-02.nocrop.w529.h297.jpg

(http://thepoliticalforums.com/description=&media=http:%2F%2Fpixel.nymag.com%2Fimgs%2Fdaily%2F intelligencer%2F2016%2F04%2F11%2F11-leslie-odom-hillary-clinton-bill-de-blasio-02.w715.h401.2x.jpg)
This is the moment when you want to freeze time. Something’s off, and it’s worrisome. Bill is about to do a joke — and you want to ask him, "Bill, have you asked people about this joke yet? Has this joke been cleared? If so, who gave the green light? Does your wife, Chirlane, know about this joke? Wait — no, you aren’t going to do the joke about ... oh no."

“I was running on CP— ”

No, Bill. You can’t. There is no way you’re about to overly enunciate this not-great joke while gesticulating every word as if you’re typing out emoji handclaps. Oh no, please someone stop this man before it’s too—

“I was running on CP time.”

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:04 PM
lol

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:06 PM
I'm sure the liberals will dismiss this, but harp on the fact that I made a typo in the thread title.

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:07 PM
I fixed it.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Now they have nothing to use for a deversion tactic.

michiganFats
04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
Now they have nothing to use for a deversion tactic.

You spelled diversion wrong.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:18 PM

I just got new glasses. Besides, they need something unrelated to the topic to bitch about.

Doublejack
04-12-2016, 06:25 PM
I just got new glasses. Besides, they need something unrelated to the topic to bitch about.

A bit early to start crying in your own thread imho.

hanger4
04-12-2016, 06:29 PM

Dang, didn't see that one comin. :smiley:

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM

Of course, hacks like you dismiss the racial prejudice demonstrated by the icons on your side.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Dang, didn't see that one comin. :smiley:

I did. I commented on that tactic right up front.

hanger4
04-12-2016, 06:36 PM
I did. I commented on that tactic right up front.

Agreed with the diversion, just missed the "crying in own thread" diversion.

Doublejack
04-12-2016, 06:51 PM
Of course, hacks like you dismiss the racial prejudice demonstrated by the icons on your side.

I'm not on a side.

Just pointing out the fact that you have already derailed your own thread by crying about people that might derail it in the future.

Self fulfilling prophecy there bud.

Crepitus
04-12-2016, 07:00 PM
For what it's worth, you're right. Certain people would come unglued if a Republican said it.

IMHO whatever the standard is everyone should adhere to it.

Safety
04-12-2016, 07:04 PM
If a republican had said it, beds would have been shat. That's a given, because there is a double standard, it exists because we have sides. The right spends their time reminding minorities how they should act, vote, and live, but at the same time think they can present a joke at the expense of a minority and it be well received.

The left doesn't have that problem, because they are labeled "social warriors", "white guilt ridden libs", and "race hustlers", so any time they joke at the expense of minorities, it's not a big deal because they have their "back".

Those are the breaks.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 07:21 PM
I'm not on a side.

Just pointing out the fact that you have already derailed your own thread by crying about people that might derail it in the future.

Self fulfilling prophecy there bud.

right. Effing hack......

Doublejack
04-12-2016, 07:23 PM
right. Effing hack......

Stick to the thread topic please.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 07:24 PM
If a republican had said it, beds would have been shat. That's a given, because there is a double standard, it exists because we have sides. The right spends their time reminding minorities how they should act, vote, and live, but at the same time think they can present a joke at the expense of a minority and it be well received.

The left doesn't have that problem, because they are labeled "social warriors", "white guilt ridden libs", and "race hustlers", so any time they joke at the expense of minorities, it's not a big deal because they have their "back".

Those are the breaks.

At least you can admit that a double standard exists. Of course you have most of it backwards, but that's par for the course.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 07:25 PM
Stick to the thread topic please.

actually the topic is basically how people like you live by a double standard. You are illustrating that perfectly.

Safety
04-12-2016, 07:25 PM
At least you can admit that a double standard exists. Of course you have most of it backwards, but that's par for the course.

Backwards? Please elaborate.

del
04-12-2016, 07:28 PM

the right is never wrong

talulah is quite objective about that

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 07:29 PM

you stated......
"The right spends their time reminding minorities how they should act, vote, and live, but at the same time think they can present a joke at the expense of a minority and it be well received".

That is a perfect description of how the left views minorities.

Quicksilver
04-12-2016, 07:32 PM
CP? Cautious Politician? What's so bad about that?

del
04-12-2016, 07:32 PM
CP? Cautious Politician? What's so bad about that?

you've got some hillary on your chin.

Safety
04-12-2016, 07:36 PM
you stated......

That is a perfect description of how the left views minorities.

"kept on the democrat plantation", "use a condom", "stop having kids you can't afford", "pull up your pants", "stop blaming whites for everything", "don't run from cops", "why vote for the party that doesn't do anything for you", "get off welfare"....is coming from the left?

del
04-12-2016, 07:37 PM
"kept on the democrat plantation", "use a condom", "stop having kids you can't afford", "pull up your pants", "stop blaming whites for everything", "don't run from cops", "why vote for the party that doesn't do anything for you", "get off welfare"....is coming from the left?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnVorT14i4I

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 07:39 PM

The left treats blacks as though they are inferior and incapable of achieving any type of success. The Democrat party has created this dependent class and have a vested interest in keeping them right where they are.

Quicksilver
04-12-2016, 07:40 PM
you've got some hillary on your chin.

Nah.... I'm thinking of ordering some more nits.. The picking's getting a little slim here.. ahahahahahahahah

Safety
04-12-2016, 07:46 PM
The left treats blacks as though they are inferior and incapable of achieving any type of success. The Democrat party has created this dependent class and have a vested interest in keeping them right where they are.

So, your claim of what I said was backwards, was incorrect. Care to retract?

del
04-12-2016, 07:47 PM
Nah.... I'm thinking of ordering some more nits.. The picking's getting a little slim here.. ahahahahahahahah

other side and a little lower....

Mister D
04-12-2016, 07:49 PM

Good advice seldom does. I must agree with you here.

Green Arrow
04-13-2016, 01:02 AM
Maybe it's because I'm young but I have no idea what "CP time" is, what it has to do with racism, or what is so funny about the "joke."

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 03:08 AM
Maybe it's because I'm young but I have no idea what "CP time" is, what it has to do with racism, or what is so funny about the "joke."

You've never heard of Colored People Time? Being where you need to be when you need to be there isn't a priority, that's what it means. Now that I think about it I haven't heard it used in a while, when I was a lot younger it was pretty common for someone to tell you to take your watch off of CPT when you were late to work.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 04:36 AM
Apparently SATIRE is lost with this group.. The show was the annual Inner Circle show where each year politicians show up and do satirical skits for charity. The show has been going on since 1922. So let me understand. This is the group that rails against political correctness... yet gets their Jockies twisted over THIS? As I said.. you must be running out of nits to pick.. Let me guess.. everyone here is really an old lady?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 04:55 AM
Apparently SATIRE is lost with this group.. The show was the annual Inner Circle show where each year politicians show up and do satirical skits for charity. The show has been going on since 1922. So let me understand. This is the group that rails against political correctness... yet gets their Jockies twisted over THIS? As I said.. you must be running out of nits to pick.. Let me guess.. everyone here is really an old lady?

Why does it matter if it was meant to be satire? The OP is right, there is a double standard.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 06:18 AM
Why does it matter if it was meant to be satire? The OP is right, there is a double standard.

Because most NORMAL people know the difference and understand when something is a joke and when it's not? Just guessing.

In Last year's show Rudy Giuliani dressed in drag... should we assume he was REALLY trying to tell us something?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 06:20 AM
Because most NORMAL people know the difference and understand when something is a joke and when it's not? Just guessing.

I don't think it makes a difference. If a republican made a joke about black people not showing up to work on time the media would crucify him whether it was meant as a joke or not.

Safety
04-13-2016, 06:25 AM
I don't think it makes a difference. If a republican made a joke about black people not showing up to work on time the media would crucify him whether it was meant as a joke or not.

Would that be before or after the "I don't want to make bla..h people's lives better"?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-santorum-to-john-king-i-didnt-say-black-people-i-said-blah-people/

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 06:26 AM

Maybe Giuliani should just come out already.. OR, which I suspect.. he was really making fun of all Transgender people.. and HOW DARE HE!!!

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14529&stc=1

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 06:29 AM
Would that be before or after the "I don't want to make bla..h people's lives better"?

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rick-santorum-to-john-king-i-didnt-say-black-people-i-said-blah-people/

Some people just don't know when to keep their mouth shut do they?

“I’ve looked at that quote, in fact I looked at the video,” Santorum argued. “In fact, I’m pretty confident I didn’t say black. What I think — I started to say a word and then sort of changed and it sort of — blah — mumbled it and sort of changed my thought.”

His defense is that he didn't say black but he might have meant to, he's not sure on what he meant though?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 06:33 AM
Maybe Giuliani should just come out already.. OR, which I suspect.. he was really making fun of all Transgender people.. and HOW DARE HE!!!

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14529&stc=1

This has what to do with colored people time?

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 06:47 AM
This has what to do with colored people time?

It does... because as you can see...ANYTHING can be twisted and blown out of proportion.. depending on what side of the political field you sympathize with. I contend that Giuliani was actually making fun of the LGBT community.. and should apologize at once.. No excuse for this kind of behavior... It's quite obvious that he is.. Just look at his face.. The OUTRAGE of it all!

Seems pretty funny to me that the only folks getting all vaporous over the CP comment are white republicans.. not CP... lol!!

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 06:50 AM
It does... because as you can see...ANYTHING can be twisted and blown out of proportion.. depending on what side of the political field you sympathize with. I contend that Giuliani was actually making fun of the LGBT community.. and should apologize at once.. No excuse for this kind of behavior... It's quite obvious that he is.. Just look at his face.. The OUTRAGE of it all!

Seems pretty funny to me that the only folks getting all vaporous over the CP comment are white republicans.. not CP... lol!!

The thread isn't about Giuliani, it's about colored people time and a double standard. It doesn't matter if Giuliani was offensive or not because his actions don't change what deBlasio said.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 06:59 AM
The thread isn't about Giuliani, it's about colored people time and a double standard. It doesn't matter if Giuliani was offensive or not because his actions don't change what deBlasio said.

I guess you simply just don't understand... I was using Giuliani and fake outrage to show you how stupid this whole thing is.. Go ahead.. be breathlessly outraged over nothing.. .. No big deal.. What the GOP thinks is inconsequential anyway..

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 08:35 AM
So, your claim of what I said was backwards, was incorrect. Care to retract?

No, you claim that the right has created this condition. The exact opposite is true.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 08:39 AM
I guess you simply just don't understand... I was using Giuliani and fake outrage to show you how stupid this whole thing is.. Go ahead.. be breathlessly outraged over nothing.. .. No big deal.. What the GOP thinks is inconsequential anyway..

Who said I was outraged? There's a double standard and I've known that for a long time.

Safety
04-13-2016, 09:11 AM
No, you claim that the right has created this condition. The exact opposite is true.

That doesn't even make any sense. You said imagine what would happen if a republican had said what Deblasio said. I explained why that was, and you claimed I had it backwards, and now you want to move goalposts and make it about what "created" it, instead of nutting up and admitting you were wrong?

del
04-13-2016, 09:18 AM
it's cool

hillary found somebody else to blame

Amid a firestorm of criticism from black community leaders, Hillary Clinton distanced herself Tuesday from a skit with Mayor de Blasio that included a tone-deaf racial joke about “ CP time.”
“Well, look, it was Mayor de Blasio’s skit,” Clinton said in an interview with Cosmopolitan.com (http://www.cosmopolitan.com/politics/news/a56709/hillary-clinton-women-cabinet/).

http://nypost.com/2016/04/13/hillary-blames-de-blasio-for-racist-joke/

she really is a piece of shit

Safety
04-13-2016, 09:24 AM
it's cool

hillary found somebody else to blame

http://nypost.com/2016/04/13/hillary-blames-de-blasio-for-racist-joke/

she really is a piece of shit

Well, at least she didn't blame the super predators...yet.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Well, at least she didn't blame the super predators...yet.

She'll never do that...but Bill might.

JDubya
04-13-2016, 09:27 AM
De Blasio's remark was no different than if Jeff Foxworthy appeared at a southern conservative event and told one of his trademark redneck jokes.

The crowd "gets it" because he's one of them.

If Al Franken appeared publicly and made a redneck joke, conservatives would get their panties in a wad about that.

Faux poutrage and much ado about nothing.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:28 AM
That doesn't even make any sense. You said imagine what would happen if a republican had said what Deblasio said. I explained why that was, and you claimed I had it backwards, and now you want to move goalposts and make it about what "created" it, instead of nutting up and admitting you were wrong?

holy shit. You are freaking lost. I believe you are beyond hope.

You can't even honestly acknowledge your own comments.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 09:29 AM
De Blasio's remark was no different than if Jeff Foxworthy appeared at a southern conservative event and told one of his trademark redneck jokes.

The crowd "gets it" because he's one of them.

If Al Franken appeared publicly and made a redneck joke, conservatives would get their panties in a wad about that.

Faux poutrage and much ado about nothing.

Media scrutiny is political, it has nothing to do with the crowd "getting it".

JDubya
04-13-2016, 09:31 AM
Media scrutiny is political, it has nothing to do with the crowd "getting it".

That makes no sense whatsoever.

Got anything else up your ass you can pull out and show us?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 09:31 AM
That makes no sense whatsoever.

Got anything else up your ass you can pull out and show us?

Yeah but I don't think anyone else would want to see pictures.

MisterVeritis
04-13-2016, 09:33 AM
I laughed. Perfect sequencing...

Safety
04-13-2016, 09:47 AM
holy shit. You are freaking lost. I believe you are beyond hope.

You can't even honestly acknowledge your own comments.

Tighten up then.