PDA

View Full Version : Obama's comments on Clinton email raises concerns of bias

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:12 PM
OBAMA'S COMMENTS ON CLINTON EMAIL RAISES CONCERNS OF BIAS (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-12-17-52-06)

Although I doubt the FBI investigators give crap about Obama's thoughts on their criminal investigation.

President Barack Obama says he believes his former secretary of state did not intentionally endanger national security in her handling of classified information. But he also says he's not trying to influence his administration's investigation into Hillary Clinton's private email server.

The White House on Tuesday was under pressure to reconcile those two statements - asserting Obama's public defense of Clinton was not an attempt to meddle in an ongoing probe and that federal investigators will not be swayed by the boss's views.

The FBI is investigating whether sensitive information that flowed through Clinton's email server was mishandled.

There are also at least 38 civil lawsuits, including one filed by The Associated Press, seeking records related to Clinton's time as secretary of state from 2009 to 2013.

It wasn't the first time that Obama has suggested that he doesn't think there's much to the email controversy. In October, he said flatly he didn't think the set-up posed a national security problem.

Each time he weighs in, it raises legal experts' eyebrows and roils political adversaries. Republicans this week have suggested Obama is signaling prosecutors to go easy, and using a different standard for Clinton that has been applied to other administration officials investigated for mishandling information, like former CIA Director David Petraeus.

Read the entire article.

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:24 PM
OBAMA'S COMMENTS ON CLINTON EMAIL RAISES CONCERNS OF BIAS (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_OBAMA_CLINTON_EMAILS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-04-12-17-52-06)

Although I doubt the FBI investigators give crap about Obama's thoughts on their criminal investigation.

The FBI investigators don't care, but the justice department leadership does.

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:46 PM
The FBI investigators don't care, but the justice department leadership does.

That is true.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 07:24 AM
The vast majority of Americans care more about the Economy, Jobs and their Families Future and not these F'cking Emails that don't matter to anyone but Politicians looking for a distraction from their jobs, while getting Paid to do NOTHING!

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 07:41 AM
We agree on one thing cigar, the politicians are sitting on their ass doing nothing even when they are in Washington. The law is still the law however and if Hillary broke it then she should be charged. The DOJ is as bad as the rest of the idiots up there. I'm sure they can take a few minutes off from slandering the police and supporting blm to look into the matter.

hanger4
04-13-2016, 08:03 AM
The vast majority of Americans care more about the Economy, Jobs and their Families Future and not these F'cking Emails that don't matter to anyone but Politicians looking for a distraction from their jobs, while getting Paid to do NOTHING!

Sure Cigar. The FBI always spends nearly a year investigating things that don't matter.

Beevee
04-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Sure Cigar. The FBI always spends nearly a year investigating things that don't matter.

https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150503/22075130880/fbi-spent-years-researching-lyrics-to-louie-louie-before-realizing-copyright-office-must-have-them.shtml

So true, although your sarcasm is far from justified.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 08:48 AM
Obama shouldn't have said anything at all.

Beevee
04-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Obama shouldn't have said anything at all.

Blamed by the right when he does and blamed by the right when he doesn't.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 08:50 AM

Pay's to be President, your team should try it some day. :laugh:

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 08:51 AM

It has nothing to do with Left or Right, there's an ongoing investigation and he shouldn't have opened his yapper.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 08:55 AM

That's because he's so utterly incompetent, he doesn't understand when it's appropriate to get involved in something and when it's not.

His greatest accomplishment is filling out an NCAA basketball tournament bracket.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 08:57 AM
That's because he's so utterly incompetent, he doesn't understand when it's appropriate to get involved in something and when it's not.

His greatest accomplishment is filling out an NCAA basketball tournament bracket.

Somehow I think Mr Obama doesn't give a F'ck what you or anyone else thinks from now until January :laugh:

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 08:59 AM
It has nothing to do with Left or Right, there's an ongoing investigation and he shouldn't have opened his yapper.

He doesn't get that. He's a staunch partisan.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:01 AM
Somehow I think Mr Obama doesn't give a F'ck what you or anyone else thinks from now until January :laugh:

And all I care about is that that incompetent and arrogant ass will be finally be gone in January.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:01 AM
And all I care about is that that incompetent and arrogant ass will be finally be gone in January.

... but his Legacy will live on :grin:

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:02 AM
He doesn't get that. He's a staunch partisan.

I'm like Donald ... I like Winning :laugh:

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:02 AM

yes. A legacy of embarrassing incompetence and indecision.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 09:03 AM

Charlie Sheen liked winning, look what happened to him.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:03 AM

what have you won?

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:05 AM
Charlie Sheen liked winning, look what happened to him.

... and he never became President of The United States, Black-2-Black and became the Individual who Made The GOP The Final Term :laugh:

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 09:06 AM
... and he never became President of The United States, Black-2-Black and became the Individual who Made The GOP The Final Term :laugh:

The year isn't over yet.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:07 AM
what have you won?

Everything YOU LOST :grin:

Tahuyaman
You've got to excuse Cigar. He's not what you would call a deep thinker.

Cigar
The year isn't over yet.

Keep Hope Alive

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:09 AM
You've got to excuse Cigar. He's not what you would call a deep thinker.

It doesn't take a lot of Deep Thought to figure out The GOP ... after all, look who's your Leading Candidates for President of The United States :roflmao::f_cheers:

You may want to put that shovel away.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:25 AM
Everything YOU LOST :grin:

Then I guess you've won nothing.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 09:26 AM
It doesn't take a lot of Deep Thought to figure out The GOP ... after all, look who's your Leading Candidates for President of The United States :roflmao::f_cheers:

You may want to put that shovel away.

Look, when I said that you weren't a deep thinker, it was just a polite way to say that you aren't very smart..... Ok?

MisterVeritis
04-13-2016, 09:41 AM
Sadly. The date he leaves office will be memorialized as The End of an Error.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:43 AM
Sadly. The date he leaves office will be memorialized as The End of an Error.

I'm betting Conservatives will forget all about President Obama ... the day Madam Clinton and The First Dude take back the Office :roflmao:

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:47 AM
Then I guess you've won nothing.

Funny, but I've never expected or wanted anything from a President ... how about you?

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 10:06 AM
Funny, but I've never expected or wanted anything from a President ... how about you?

I just want one who's not an embarrassment.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 10:16 AM

So let me get this straight... Every Republican and their brother can run around opening their YAPPER about Clinton and the F'ing email faux scandal... Voicing opinions about how guilty she is and lying about the investigation, while it's ongoing... and that's OK? But let the President give his thoughts and somehow that's not? Oh... alrighty then.. IOKIYAR

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 10:18 AM
So let me get this straight... Every Republican and their brother can run around opening their YAPPER about Clinton and the F'ing email faux scandal... Voicing opinions about how guilty she is and lying about the investigation, while it's ongoing... and that's OK? But let the President give his thoughts and somehow that's not? Oh... alrighty then.. IOKIYAR

Was I talking about every other republican? No, I wasn't. There is an ongoing investigation, Obama shouldn't have said anything at all. Nothing anyone else does affects whether or not Obama should have opened his trap.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 10:20 AM
Was I talking about every other republican? No, I wasn't. There is an ongoing investigation, Obama shouldn't have said anything at all. Nothing anyone else does affects whether or not Obama should have opened his trap.

So only Obama is not allowed to "open his trap"?? BUT...

https://bluejaysway.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/its_ok_if_youre_a_republican.jpg

Fact remains toots.... IF an investigation is OPEN and it's not ok to comment on it.. then no one should.. Don't you agree? and that includes all the Republican lawmakers and the presidential candidates too..

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 10:22 AM
So only Obama is not allowed to "open his trap"?? BUT...

https://bluejaysway.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/its_ok_if_youre_a_republican.jpg

No one should open their trap about an ongoing investigation, including Obama.

hanger4
04-13-2016, 10:25 AM
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20150503/22075130880/fbi-spent-years-researching-lyrics-to-louie-louie-before-realizing-copyright-office-must-have-them.shtml

So true, although your sarcasm is far from justified.
You might try reading a little deeper Beevee like the released FBI report of their investigation. From that report;

"The limited investigation lasted from February to May 1964"

That's 4 months at best, probably 3 months and some days.

Seems my sarcasm is justified.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 10:39 AM
No one should open their trap about an ongoing investigation, including Obama.

I agree... So long as YOU agree that the Republican lawmakers, pundits. AND the presidential candidates should STFU about it too.. but we see how well they are doing that.. OR is it only those who have positive things to say about Clinton and the investigation should shut up... those that want to paint her as guilty are free to YAP away?

Beevee
04-13-2016, 10:54 AM
You might try reading a little deeper @Beevee (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=255) like the released FBI report of their investigation. From that report;

"The limited investigation lasted from February to May 1964"

That's 4 months at best, probably 3 months and some days.

Seems my sarcasm is justified.

Not really. They will investigate anything that moves, if asked by the right people.

Mac-7
04-13-2016, 11:02 AM

Its pretty clear hillary was very reckless with classified documents and it probably did compromise national security.

But the base of the democrat party which may or may not be enough to elect hillary does not care about emails.

All they care about is being able to butt fuck their buddy in the ladies restroom and getting their welfare checks on time.

and hillary passes lib muster on both those issues

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:02 PM
I agree... So long as YOU agree that the Republican lawmakers, pundits. AND the presidential candidates should STFU about it too.. but we see how well they are doing that.. OR is it only those who have positive things to say about Clinton and the investigation should shut up... those that want to paint her as guilty are free to YAP away?

Why should I agree with you? Obama opening his cock holster has nothing to do with what others have said.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 12:11 PM
Why should I agree with you? Obama opening his $#@! holster has nothing to do with what others have said.

Why is that? Isn't one yap opening the same as other yap opening? OR as I asked.. is it only favorable yap openings that should be silenced?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Why is that? Isn't one yap opening the same as other yap opening? OR as I asked.. is it only favorable yap openings that should be silenced?

No, it's not the same. You're deflecting.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 12:22 PM
No, it's not the same. You're deflecting.

No just asking why one is ok and one is NOT ok. They are absolutely the same.. YOU are a partisan HACK..hahahahahaha

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:23 PM
No just asking why one is ok and one is NOT ok. They are absolutely the same.. YOU are a partisan HACK..hahahahahaha

I didn't ask anything, I responded to the OP. You are the one bringing other things in to the thread.

AZ Jim
04-13-2016, 12:27 PM
Since when is the President not allowed to be biased? It's always been a platform for opinion. Good on you Mr. President.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 12:31 PM
Since when is the President not allowed to be biased? It's always been a platform for opinion. Good on you Mr. President.

I agree.. he has as much right to his opinion as the Repugs have to theirs..

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:44 PM
I agree.. he has as much right to his opinion as the Repugs have to theirs..

Great, when you're being investigated I'll talk about you and interfere.

AZ Jim
04-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Great, when you're being investigated I'll talk about you and interfereBut who would hear, or care. President is Biased. GOOD!!! That's why we elected him.

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:48 PM
But who would hear, or care. President is Biased. GOOD!!! That's why we elected him.

As long as you understand that. It's all about the bias.

AZ Jim
04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
As long as you understand that. It's all about the bias.We put up with your "decider" and his bias. You don't like it, win the election. *LOL*

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 12:53 PM
We put up with your "decider" and his bias. You don't like it, win the election. *LOL*

My decider?

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 12:54 PM
As long as you understand that. It's all about the bias.

And the constant drone and drumbeat about Hillary's emails coming from the Right is NOT?

Peter1469
04-13-2016, 04:07 PM

Ultimately the president is in charge of the justice system in the US. He should not try to use his position to taint the process. He has done it before in other cases.

Bad move.

Beevee
04-13-2016, 04:34 PM

But, but, but, don't you accept that the first amendment gives him the right to say whatever he chooses to say, just as in the same way that Nancy Grace condemned the Duke University Lacrosse members?

Whether the statement is right or wrong is irrelevant in the US. The Constitution permits the telling of lies, without a backlash, I might add since the cost of litigation would cost 10,000 arms and legs.

Peter1469
04-13-2016, 04:44 PM
In the military it is called undue command influence. Because the officers on the panel (jury) is ultimately accountable to the generals on post. If one say so and so is guilty or not guilty it taints the panel. Military judges toss out criminal charges over that stuff.

AZ Jim
04-13-2016, 05:07 PM
In the military it is called undue command influence. Because the officers on the panel (jury) is ultimately accountable to the generals on post. If one say so and so is guilty or not guilty it taints the panel. Military judges toss out criminal charges over that stuff.This has nothing to do with UCMJ. It is a simple matter of the proper use of the bully pulpit. Republicans do it all the time when in office. It's OUR turn and will be again for 8 more years. Suck it up Pete and remember it's what you folks legislate like that brings that into being.

Peter1469
04-13-2016, 05:14 PM
This has nothing to do with UCMJ. It is a simple matter of the proper use of the bully pulpit. Republicans do it all the time when in office. It's OUR turn and will be again for 8 more years. Suck it up Pete and remember it's what you folks legislate like that brings that into being.

The President is in charge of the justice system in the US..... Congressmen are not.