PDA

View Full Version : 60 MINUTES’: Lawmakers Say Redacted Pages Of 9/11 Report Show Saudi Official Met Hija

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:22 PM
60 MINUTES’: Lawmakers Say Redacted Pages Of 9/11 Report Show Saudi Official Met Hijackers (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/04/11/60-minutes-lawmakers-say-redacted-pages-of-911-report-shows-saudi-official-met-hijackers-in-la/).

Many have said that 9-11 likely was not possible without help from a nation-state. My question would be whether this was official Saudi policy or just rogue members of the ruling family / government. The king disappears a good number of family members not long after 9-11.

Lawmakers are calling on the White House to declassify more than two dozen pages in the 9/11 Commission report that they say outlines evidence for possible support from the Saudi government for two hijackers who settled in Southern California.

A CBS News “60 Minutes” report (http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-911-classified-report-steve-kroft/) quoted officials familiar with the 2003 report as saying 28 pages of redacted information raises questions over whether Saudi officials were involved in assisting Nawaf al-Hazmi and Khalid al-Mihdhar upon their arrival in Los Angeles in Jan. 2000.

Former Democratic congressman and U.S. ambassador to India Tim Roemer told “60 Minutes” the two Saudi nationals found a way to gain access to housing and flight lessons upon their arrival despite “extremely limited language skills and no experience with Western culture.”

Tahuyaman
04-12-2016, 06:32 PM
I'm not shocked.

FindersKeepers
04-12-2016, 06:48 PM
60 MINUTES’: Lawmakers Say Redacted Pages Of 9/11 Report Show Saudi Official Met Hijackers (http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/04/11/60-minutes-lawmakers-say-redacted-pages-of-911-report-shows-saudi-official-met-hijackers-in-la/).

From the link:

Another 9/11 Commission member, former U.S. Senator Bob Kerrey, has read the redacted 28 pages and told Kroft he and “a solid majority of former 9/11 commissioners” believes they should be declassified.

“We all have dealt for our careers in highly classified and compartmentalized in every aspect of security,” Kerrey said. “We know when something shouldn’t be declassified…those 28 pages in no way fall into that category.”

In response to the 60 Minutes report, the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia issued a statement (http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/saudi-arabia-responds-to-60-minutes-report-300249007.html) which read in part: “The CBS 60 Minutes program was a compilation of myths and erroneous charges that have been thoroughly addressed not just by the Saudi government but also by the 9-11 Commission and the U.S. courts.”

If it's true that a "solid majority of former 9/11 commissioners" thinks the 28 pages should be declassified, I think it's worth TPTB to take an honest look at the situation.

Peter1469
04-12-2016, 06:52 PM
I agree.

Private Pickle
04-13-2016, 07:26 AM
Rouge is makeup. Rogue.

donttread
04-13-2016, 08:08 AM
I'm not shocked.

Not shocked that the country who spawned 15 of the 19 hijackers and who's ass we have kissed while invading Iraq and Afhanistan , might have been involved? If you're not shocked you must be in the minority because many times I have made the Saudi connection and essentially been laughed at.
Now since the Saudis were our collaborators in the imperialism of the ME and buddies with Exxon, Haliburton and the Bush's : If they were involved whom else might have been?

michiganFats
04-13-2016, 08:15 AM
Saudi Arabia plays the same game we do. We have politicians who take opposite sides of issues to make it appear as if we really aren't officially taking a side. Their royal family does the same thing.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 08:25 AM
If you're not shocked you must be in the minority because many times I have made the Saudi connection and essentially been laughed at.

You haven't been laughed at, just dismissed as a conspiracy theorist.

Yes, 15 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's, but that does not necessarily mean that they were acting on behalf of the Saudi government. And that certainly doesn't support the truther conspiracy theory.

I'm not shocked that a nation dominated by Islam could inspire people to hold that mentality.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 08:31 AM

Many have said that 9-11 likely was not possible without help from a nation-state. My question would be whether this was official Saudi policy or just rouge members of the ruling family / government. The king disappears a good number of family members not long after 9-11.

It wasn't official Saudi policy.

Its not so much that it wasn't possible without the help of a nation state, it wasn't possible without the complacency of one particular nation state. Complacency allowed it to happen. I believe many people did not learn a lesson from that day too.

Green Arrow
04-13-2016, 09:45 AM
I'm intrigued.

Peter1469
04-13-2016, 03:51 PM
Yes, I doubt it was official government policy.

waltky
04-19-2016, 10:48 PM
Ryan wants to take a closer look at Saudi 9/11 lawsuit bill...
:huh:
House leader wants review of 9/11 bill that would let Americans sue Saudis
Tue Apr 19, 2016 - U.S. House Speaker Paul Ryan did not immediately endorse a Senate bill on Tuesday that would allow Americans to sue the government of Saudi Arabia over the Sept. 11 attacks, saying it should be reviewed to ensure it would not hurt diplomatic relations.

With President Barack Obama traveling to Saudi Arabia Tuesday, lawmakers have been discussing the "Justice Against Sponsors of Terrorism Act," which passed the Senate Judiciary Committee in January but has not been scheduled for debate in the full Senate or the House of Representatives. "I think we need to review it to make sure that we're not making mistakes with our allies and that we're not catching people in this that shouldn't be caught up in this," Ryan, a Republican, told reporters.

http://s3.reutersmedia.net/resources/r/?m=02&d=20160419&t=2&i=1133595498&w=644&fh=&fw=&ll=&pl=&sq=&r=LYNXNPEC3I15P

Some U.S. citizens whose relatives were killed in the 2001 attacks want to be able to sue Saudi Arabia because most of the 19 hijackers were Saudi nationals. The al Qaeda militant group, then based in Afghanistan, was blamed and the United States and its allies invaded the country. No U.S. investigation to date has reported finding evidence of Saudi government support for the attacks. White House spokesman Josh Earnest said Obama did not support the legislation and would not sign it. Obama will seek to reassure Gulf allies about Washington's support on his trip.

Some lawyers working with the Sept. 11 victims' families have insisted that the bill would come up for a vote quickly and easily pass Congress. But Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, a Republican, said no vote has been scheduled. Senate aides said there was at least one Republican "hold" on the measure. "I'm still looking at it," McConnell told reporters, calling the measure an "important" bill.

BILL NOT FINALIZED (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-saudi-lawsuit-idUSKCN0XG1XK)

donttread
04-20-2016, 07:40 AM
You haven't been laughed at, just dismissed as a conspiracy theorist.

Yes, 15 of the 9/11 hijackers were Saudi's, but that does not necessarily mean that they were acting on behalf of the Saudi government. And that certainly doesn't support the truther conspiracy theory.

I'm not shocked that a nation dominated by Islam could inspire people to hold that mentality.

Well spawning 15 of the 19 attackers sure as hell doesn't automatically exonerate them as some were so quick to do. Also there are many ways a nation can support covert operations without the full knowledge of all it's leaders or even much of a trail. Just ask the CIA

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 09:05 AM
Well spawning 15 of the 19 attackers sure as hell doesn't automatically exonerate them as some were so quick to do. Also there are many ways a nation can support covert operations without the full knowledge of all it's leaders or even much of a trail. Just ask the CIA

dismissing as a conspiracy theory the accusation that the Saudi Government was sponsoring the 9/11 hijackings is reasonable.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 04:02 PM
I heard KT McFarland on the radio- she is one of the very few extremely competent journalists in America. Her sources who have read the papers seems to say what I guessed above (or elsewhere). That it was high ranking members of the family and other wealthy Saudis acting without government sanction. That tracks with the rash of mysterious deaths and disappearance of House of Saud members in the years after 9-11.

Common Sense
04-20-2016, 04:14 PM
Oops, invaded the wrong country. Er, I mean countries.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 06:02 PM

Not really.

The Xl
04-20-2016, 06:24 PM
If it didn't point the finger at Saudi government, it likely wouldn't have been hidden.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 06:53 PM
I heard KT McFarland on the radio- she is one of the very few extremely competent journalists in America. Her sources who have read the papers seems to say what I guessed above (or elsewhere). That it was high ranking members of the family and other wealthy Saudis acting without government sanction. That tracks with the rash of mysterious deaths and disappearance of House of Saud members in the years after 9-11.
There are only two possible conclusions regarding the cover-up. 1) Complicity on the part of elements of the American government (per all of the conspiracy theories) or 2) The American government is so owned by globalist concerns like the oil industry (including Bush family interests) that retribution against the Saudis was unthinkable.

hanger4
04-20-2016, 07:02 PM

^^^^ Some memes die hard ^^^^

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 07:14 PM
There are only two possible conclusions regarding the cover-up. 1) Complicity on the part of elements of the American government (per all of the conspiracy theories) or 2) The American government is so owned by globalist concerns like the oil industry (including Bush family interests) that retribution against the Saudis was unthinkable.

That the government of Saudi Arabia was directly involved in the attacks or,
Royal family members and rich Saudi nationals assisted the terrorists without the knowledge and sanction of Saudi Arabia.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 07:20 PM
Royal family members and rich Saudi nationals assisted the terrorists without the knowledge and sanction of Saudi Arabia.
I strongly suspect that nothing happens in the Saud family that the king doesn't know. I'm certain that he has spies everywhere. Those kinds of monarchical dynasties only survive because of nested spies.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 07:22 PM
I strongly suspect that nothing happens in the Saud family that the king doesn't know. I'm certain that he has spies everywhere. Those kinds of monarchical dynasties only survive because of nested spies.

Several died mysteriously in the years after 9-11.

FindersKeepers
04-20-2016, 07:28 PM

This.

The House of Saud is throwing an absolute hissy fit over this bill.

That doesn't sound as if they think they're above reproach.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 07:48 PM
Several died mysteriously in the years after 9-11.
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 08:12 PM
Sometimes you have to make sacrifices.

Maybe. If there is evidence that the government was complicit that would warrant a serious military reprisal.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 08:45 PM
Maybe. If there is evidence that the government was complicit that would warrant a serious military reprisal.
Unless the American government has "other" reasons to compromise and instead requires the pretense of good faith just for the optics. We already know that politicians are bought and paid for and we also know who is doing the buying and paying. Big Oil and Saudi Arabia are inseparable.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 09:07 PM
Unless the American government has "other" reasons to compromise and instead requires the pretense of good faith just for the optics. We already know that politicians are bought and paid for and we also know who is doing the buying and paying. Big Oil and Saudi Arabia are inseparable.

That was true in the 1990s. It isn't true today. With current fracking tech, it breaks even at $25 per barrel. In a couple of years the US will be the largest oil producer on earth. Assuming the government doesn't get in the way.

Saudi Arabia was critical in the 1980s-90s. They are dead weight today.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 09:13 PM
That was true in the 1990s. It isn't true today. With current fracking tech, it breaks even at $25 per barrel. In a couple of years the US will be the largest oil producer on earth. Assuming the government doesn't get in the way.

Saudi Arabia was critical in the 1980s-90s. They are dead weight today.
Except it isn't just about US interests. Big oil is global and Saudi Arabia is still an important source of oil for Europe and Africa, so anything that hurts big oil needs to be the concern of US politicians who mind their globalist masters.

Peter1469
04-20-2016, 09:24 PM
Except it isn't just about US interests. Big oil is global and Saudi Arabia is still an important source of oil for Europe and Africa, so anything that hurts big oil needs to be the concern of US politicians who mind their globalist masters.

Well, I am speaking for me. If I were president I would wage a shadow war against the international bankers and others part of the Establishment.

Dr. Who
04-20-2016, 09:44 PM
Well, I am speaking for me. If I were president I would wage a shadow war against the international bankers and others part of the Establishment.If you were president you would have a military squad of like-minded soldiers present at all times and tell the powers that be where they can go and then set your sights on both Congress and the Senate. However, most people reaching that illustrious office either know the score or are very shortly apprised of the score.

Peter1469
04-21-2016, 06:42 AM
Update (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549402/Fresh-evidence-links-Saudi-government-9-11-Flight-certificate-bomber-embassy-envelope-buried-underground.html):

Al-Sharbi, who became an Al Qaeda bombmaker, is believed to have learned how to fly with the 9/11 hijackers but did not take part in the attacks. Shortly before his arrest, he buried a bundle of documents, which is believed to have included the certificate.

The cache was discovered by US authorities and details, written in a memo known as Document 17 in 2003, were released without fanfare by investigators last year. They were only brought to the public's attention when an activist discovered them and wrote about them on his website earlier this week.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549402/Fresh-evidence-links-Saudi-government-9-11-Flight-certificate-bomber-embassy-envelope-buried-underground.html#ixzz46SbwjoLX
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rw?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=MailOnline) | DailyMail on Facebook (http://ec.tynt.com/b/rf?id=bBOTTqvd0r3Pooab7jrHcU&u=DailyMail)

Read more at the link.

hanger4
04-21-2016, 07:02 AM
Declassifie the pages in the 9/11 Commission report first.

It's sort of tough to form any type of opinion on no more than we said, they said.