PDA

View Full Version : GOP Governors just won't give up on drug testing SNAP recipients

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 09:15 AM
Rick Scott's foray into the practice in order to send his wife's testing clinics millions in new revenue was smacked down by the federal courts but these guys don't care. Nor do they care that Florida's program was an abject failure (2% positive results compared to 4% with general public). An a-hole's just gotta be an a-hole!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-walker-food-stamp-drug-tests_us_570d6294e4b0885fb50e9236?utm_hp_ref=polit ics

Cigar
04-13-2016, 09:21 AM
It's just a way to F'ck with people they don't like ... kinda explains why their Demographics is down to the size of a Donald Trump Rally. :laugh:

Give it a Decade or two, and this too will go the way of The Dinosaur along with the people who are supporting it. :wink:

Tick-Tock

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 09:25 AM
It's just a way to F'ck with people they don't like ... kinda explains why their Demographics is down to the size of a Donald Trump Rally. :laugh:

Give it a Decade or two, and this too will go the way of The Dinosaur along with the people who are supporting it. :wink:

Tick-Tock

I'm not even sure it will take a decade or two.

Might happen in Cleveland this July if Trump doesn't hit 1237, they steal it and Trumpkins abandon the party forever! :D

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 09:33 AM
In my job we get drug tested all the time, what's the big deal? Don't spend tax payers money on dope and your fine.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 09:40 AM
In my job we get drug tested all the time, what's the big deal? Don't spend tax payers money on dope and your fine.

Being a SNAP recipient is not a job.

What's the big deal? It doesn't work (most SNAP recipients can't afford $100 for a quarter oz of bud) - it's been labeled unconstitutional by federal courts, and it cost taxpayers tens of millions.

So much for small government conservatism huh?

domer76
04-13-2016, 10:47 AM

lol

Too dense to recognize the difference.

Cigar
04-13-2016, 10:50 AM

Here's the BIG DEAL ... Every Single State that's done this spends more on the Test than it's worth, and they catch basically NO ONE.

You get a Job and it doesn't cost more than what you're getting Paid.

Get it now?

Standing Wolf
04-13-2016, 10:58 AM
Those 2- and 4-percent numbers are a joke. Does anyone really believe that only 4% of the general public uses illegal substances? In recent polls, 10% or more of those over the age of 12 admit doing it. If the collections are not observed; if positive test results are explained away by the donor's possession of a prescription that might have caused the positive and no confirmatory tests are conducted; if only a few drugs are tested for in order to keep the testing cheap; if collusion, fraud or incompetency is allowed to skew the results; if people are tested so infrequently that the use of drugs with a retention time of only 2 or 3 days goes undetected...well, you get numbers like 2- and 4-percent positive.

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 11:10 AM
To all you libs, drug tests are cheap. They do it right in front of me on most jobs, some send them off and I have to go to a clinic for it.

To think the billions of dollars spent on people receiving free money who screw you and me out of our tax money with the guise of it being expensive is ridiculous.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 11:12 AM
Those 2- and 4-percent numbers are a joke. Does anyone really believe that only 4% of the general public uses illegal substances? In recent polls, 10% or more of those over the age of 12 admit doing it. If the collections are not observed; if positive test results are explained away by the donor's possession of a prescription that might have caused the positive and no confirmatory tests are conducted; if only a few drugs are tested for in order to keep the testing cheap; if collusion, fraud or incompetency is allowed to skew the results; if people are tested so infrequently that the use of drugs with a retention time of only 2 or 3 days goes undetected...well, you get numbers like 2- and 4-percent positive.

Great point, i was trying to be conservative. The point is that a tiny fraction of those Rick Scott (and his wife's drug testing clinics) screened came up positive. WAY less than if you were to randomly conduct tests on the general public.

2% was what Scott came up with. The deal was that if someone tested negative, the STATE paid for the test. IOW, Florida taxpayers shouldered 98% of the cost.

So yes, this confirms your 10% figure. One wonders why ten governors would follow Florida down a failed path that will surely be struck down by the courts in the same manner.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/02/17/the-sham-of-drug-testing-walker-scott-and-political-pandering/#35e0bf543470

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 11:15 AM

I dont get the liberal's outrage over this.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 11:18 AM
To all you libs, drug tests are cheap. They do it right in front of me on most jobs, some send them off and I have to go to a clinic for it.

To think the billions of dollars spent on people receiving free money who screw you and me out of our tax money with the guise of it being expensive is ridiculous.

No it is NOT cheap - around $20 per person times millions to find 2% positive?

Sorry - it's a proven loser for taxpayers in ADDITION to being ruled unconstitutional.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 11:24 AM
I dont get the liberal's outrage over this.

It's not outrage - it's very simply a proven waste of money. Talk to the federal courts - they were the ones who were outraged.

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 11:24 AM
No it is NOT cheap - around $20 per person times millions to find 2% positive?

Sorry - it's a proven loser for taxpayers in ADDITION to being ruled unconstitutional.

You are not real bright are you? Unconstitutional, exactly why am I still getting tested then? Figure that 2 % over a lifetime and the way they teach others to beat the system and your figures are way off base I figure.

I'd rather they go the full distance and require a hair follicle test. It's easy to beat a piss test, I've seen it done too many times. Do a hair follicle and there is no way out, one time, your done. Get a job and get off public assistance. Your 2 % would hit about 90 % in that instance.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 11:29 AM
You are not real bright are you? Unconstitutional, exactly why am I still getting tested then? Figure that 2 % over a lifetime and the way they teach others to beat the system and your figures are way off base I figure.

I'd rather they go the full distance and require a hair follicle test. It's easy to beat a piss test, I've seen it done too many times. Do a hair follicle and there is no way out, one time, your done. Get a job and get off public assistance. Your 2 % would hit about 90 % in that instance.

You don't know what you're talking about.

Additionally, you continue to pretend that there's no difference between an employer and their right to a drug free work force (in many cases where safety/ liability issues are involved) and a food stamp recipient who is around 1/5 as likely to test positive because they simply can't afford $400 per ounce weed.

Tell these a-hole governors that no matter how much they want it, it won't happen - not now, not ever.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/judystone/2015/02/17/the-sham-of-drug-testing-walker-scott-and-political-pandering/#35e0bf543470

domer76
04-13-2016, 12:08 PM

I know math is not your strong suit, we're all still looking for your strong suit, but you've just multiplied the cost by 3-4.

Dolt

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 12:45 PM
I don't do dope, yes I can afford it. Know why..........I work for a living and I won't work if I do dope. Now, exactly what is the problem with taking a drug test. I don't think your figures stand up but even if they do I'm good with it.

You people seem to want to pay more in taxes to support those who don't work and advance social programs.

Guess what.....I'm willing to pay more to make sure my tax money goes to worthy people instead of dope heads. How does that grab your liberal ass?

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 12:54 PM
I don't do dope, yes I can afford it. Know why..........I work for a living and I won't work if I do dope. Now, exactly what is the problem with taking a drug test. I don't think your figures stand up but even if they do I'm good with it.

You people seem to want to pay more in taxes to support those who don't work and advance social programs.

Guess what.....I'm willing to pay more to make sure my tax money goes to worthy people instead of dope heads. How does that grab your liberal ass?

You crack me up dude. You won't work if you smoke pot? That makes no sense.

Study after study has been done about after work drinking compared to pot smoking.

Alcoholics are far worse on health insurance plans and absenteeism than the recreational pot smoker.

So you're willing to spend millions in tax money to catch 2 out of 100 SNAP recipients who'll test positive for drugs?

My "liberal ass" snickers at your cluelessness. :)

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 01:08 PM
I can't work if I smoke pot, you seem to be confused. I work in the oil related industry, I get drug tested every time I start another job for a new company. They also have guidelines that make you subject to dismissal if you come in hung over. Now tell me how bad the poor people who have to take the little drug test are being abused.

Good greif, grow up. You can't drink and drive, you can't text and drive, why should you be able to dope and raise a child.

Standing Wolf
04-13-2016, 01:10 PM
Great point, i was trying to be conservative. The point is that a tiny fraction of those Rick Scott (and his wife's drug testing clinics) screened came up positive. WAY less than if you were to randomly conduct tests on the general public.

2% was what Scott came up with. The deal was that if someone tested negative, the STATE paid for the test. IOW, Florida taxpayers shouldered 98% of the cost.

So yes, this confirms your 10% figure. One wonders why ten governors would follow Florida down a failed path that will surely be struck down by the courts in the same manner.

I don't think you understood my point. I'm saying that if the tests were conducted properly and professionally, they would not be getting positive rates as low as 2- and 4-percent.

I am not ideologically opposed to drug testing welfare recipients, but children should not suffer deprivation because of their parents' bad choices.

AZ Jim
04-13-2016, 01:12 PM
The rules:
Republicans fight to the death rather than "waste" a 2% increase in SS for the elderly to "try" to catch up with inflation, but will spend 100 times that amount to harass the people who need welfare or food stamps. They use bogus reasons but persist they do. The email investigations and hearings another method to waste money on political witch hunts. I am so sick of these thugs that if they are banished from sight for the next hundred years it would suit me fine.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 01:16 PM
I can't work if I smoke pot, you seem to be confused. I work in the oil related industry, I get drug tested every time I start another job for a new company. They also have guidelines that make you subject to dismissal if you come in hung over. Now tell me how bad the poor people who have to take the little drug test are being abused.

Good greif, grow up. You can't drink and drive, you can't text and drive, why should you be able to dope and raise a child.

"Dope and raise a child"?

I'd rather have a Mom or Dad who smokes a joint after work than one who drinks himself to sleep every night.

Would also rather have the latter as a co-worker. You can't tell with certainty if someone is hung over.

Personally, i'd rather have the recreational pot smoker as a co-worker. Either an alcoholic comes in hung over and is less than productive or they call in sick.

Either way, more work and possibly higher insurance rates in the long run for me.

You grow up.

Quicksilver
04-13-2016, 01:27 PM
It's not outrage - it's very simply a proven waste of money. Talk to the federal courts - they were the ones who were outraged.

And another one of those ridiculous Republican laws that are nothing more than solutions looking for a problem. Not unlike the Voter suppression laws.

all that money wasted to find 2% of the people on food stamps test positive compared to 4% in the general population.. Has it dawned on these aholes that poor people would rather eat? Drugs are expensive.

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 01:49 PM

I'd rather have a Mom or Dad who smokes a joint after work than one who drinks himself to sleep every night.

Would also rather have the latter as a co-worker. You can't tell with certainty if someone is hung over.

Personally, i'd rather have the recreational pot smoker as a co-worker. Either an alcoholic comes in hung over and is less than productive or they call in sick.

Either way, more work and possibly higher insurance rates in the long run for me.

You grow up.

I have grown up, it's why I have a good job. I'll pay more tax money to make sure people are not spending my tax money that is meant for children on dope.

You liberals are prepared to pay more to give the world health care. Can't I make my thoughts known or does it upset you in some way that a person who spends money on dope instead of their children doesn't need the kids. There are thousands and thousands out there waiting to adopt a child, the system is so ridiculous that they leave the babies with drug addicted mothers and fathers who could give less a shit.

Bo-4
04-13-2016, 01:54 PM
I have grown up, it's why I have a good job. I'll pay more tax money to make sure people are not spending my tax money that is meant for children on dope.

You liberals are prepared to pay more to give the world health care. Can't I make my thoughts known or does it upset you in some way that a person who spends money on dope instead of their children doesn't need the kids. There are thousands and thousands out there waiting to adopt a child, the system is so ridiculous that they leave the babies with drug addicted mothers and fathers who could give less a shit.

You need to read up on drugs. MJ may be psychologically addictive .. but not physically. It is far less harmful than alcohol.

And what about the children of an adult that smokes a joint after work.

Do you want them put up for adoption or to starve because some a-hole governor caught their SNAP mom smoking a joint?

Cigar
04-13-2016, 01:56 PM

Well that's usually the next step ...

First you Test,
then you get the results,
then you deny the results.

It's all predictable :laugh:

Rebel Son
04-13-2016, 01:59 PM
You need to read up on drugs. MJ may be psychologically addictive .. but not physically. It is far less harmful than alcohol.

Do you want them put up for adoption or to starve because some a-hole governor caught their SNAP mom smoking a joint?

I don't need to read anything. I was an addict for years. Been clean for about 20 now.You were saying what about dope and what it does to a person.?

Polecat
04-13-2016, 02:38 PM
Heroin is cheap. Cheaper than food. Just give them all the heroin they want.

Peter1469
04-13-2016, 04:23 PM
It is a waste to drug test them all. Just do it randomly and strictly enforce the cessation of tax payer assistance if you pop hot. That should work for most of the people on government assistance.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 05:39 PM

Welfare is is a bigger waste of money and you don't seem too bothered by that.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 05:41 PM
Heroin is cheap. Cheaper than food. Just give them all the heroin they want.

pure heroion and don't tell them. Cleanse the gene pool.

Tahuyaman
04-13-2016, 05:42 PM

there are plenty of studies which contradict your argument about the safety of smoking weed.

donttread
04-13-2016, 07:03 PM
Rick Scott's foray into the practice in order to send his wife's testing clinics millions in new revenue was smacked down by the federal courts but these guys don't care. Nor do they care that Florida's program was an abject failure (2% positive results compared to 4% with general public). An a-hole's just gotta be an a-hole!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/scott-walker-food-stamp-drug-tests_us_570d6294e4b0885fb50e9236?utm_hp_ref=polit ics

My feeling is that these law makers don't know enough about drug addiction to be making these choices. If you drug test people for food stamps you have to offer treatment to those who fail the test ( despite studying all night). Of course de-criminialization would be best that's not going to happen right away.
In the mean time how about we drug test the damned politicians?

Mini Me
04-13-2016, 10:42 PM
It is a waste to drug test them all. Just do it randomly and strictly enforce the cessation of tax payer assistance if you pop hot. That should work for most of the people on government assistance.

The gov should have to show "probable cause" before any tests are done! As it is an intrusion of privacy to test.

Crepitus
04-13-2016, 10:51 PM
According to the testing they aren't, but the government is spending plenty of it on proving that.

FindersKeepers
04-14-2016, 05:39 AM

Tick-Tock

Testing SNAP recipients probably won't change their drug habits, but, dang -- what the Left is doing only condones and reinforces those habits.

You're creating a large underclass that has no choice but to depend on the charity of others to survive. You don't seem to understand that these are people who could have happy and productive lives if you just quit shoving those drugs down their throats.

What you think of as "protecting" them is nothing more than sentencing them to a life of misery.

Seriously, dude. You're lost.

zelmo1234
04-14-2016, 05:49 AM
Being a SNAP recipient is not a job.

What's the big deal? It doesn't work (most SNAP recipients can't afford $100 for a quarter oz of bud) - it's been labeled unconstitutional by federal courts, and it cost taxpayers tens of millions.

So much for small government conservatism huh?

We have drug testing in MI and it helps weed out the addicts that are using the system. We are now tossing the cheaters in jail. This is tax money that they are receiving and thus they are subject to the will of the people and the people don't want to support their habit. You can say all you want, but we are on the last straw with one of our employee's that I am sure is a pot smoker and now has the fuck it's and can't seem to show up for work on a regular basis. So it is off for follicle testing for him, and likely termination

zelmo1234
04-14-2016, 05:52 AM
The gov should have to show "probable cause" before any tests are done! As it is an intrusion of privacy to test.

No the should not have to.

The person or persons are applying for economic assistance. with that comes a drug test, just like many jobs. Certainly they have the right to refuse this test. But then of course they will not get the assistance.

The choice is up to them. There is no privacy issue, they certainly have that right.

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 06:17 AM

Typical Conservaturd response..... Feeding children is a waste of money... Not in MY book it isn't.

FindersKeepers
04-14-2016, 06:35 AM
Typical Conservaturd response..... Feeding children is a waste of money... Not in MY book it isn't.

Not one person here (except you) claims they don't want children to eat. What has been denounced is the welfare system in general.

There's a reason for that -- it creates that underclass we were talking about and destroys confidence. It damages the psyche of the very people it claims to be helping.

Conservatives DO help -- much more than liberals ever help -- but they do it directly, through their communities and other groups.

It's something the liberal mind cannot comprehend -- so, I don't expect you to understand it -- but it's the only type of help that creates change in the cycle of poverty.

You're way off-base, as usual.

zelmo1234
04-14-2016, 06:58 AM
Not one person here (except you) claims they don't want children to eat. What has been denounced is the welfare system in general.

There's a reason for that -- it creates that underclass we were talking about and destroys confidence. It damages the psyche of the very people it claims to be helping.

Conservatives DO help -- much more than liberals ever help -- but they do it directly, through their communities and other groups.

It's something the liberal mind cannot comprehend -- so, I don't expect you to understand it -- but it's the only type of help that creates change in the cycle of poverty.

You're way off-base, as usual.

You have to understand the liberal mind set, they can't defend supporting a drug habit, so they lie. Clearly this decline of morality by those on the left is a sign of things to come

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 07:09 AM
You have to understand the liberal mind set, they can't defend supporting a drug habit, so they lie. Clearly this decline of morality by those on the left is a sign of things to come

You DO understand that the vast majority of welfare recipients are children and the disabled.... Cut them off because some money just might be spent on a lazy drug addict? Amazing where your priority lies. And another reason I tune out when a Conservaturd speaks.

FindersKeepers
04-14-2016, 07:17 AM

Like Quicksilver, they have no common sense. They're happy to create a government welfare system so they don't have to "get their hands dirty" helping their neighbors. This allows them to shun welfare recipients, while claiming to have their best interests at heart.

It's truly a sad situation.

donttread
04-14-2016, 07:25 AM
pure heroion and don't tell them. Cleanse the gene pool.

Certainly in the running for one of the boards most ignorant comments ever. How would you feel if someone posted that they should poison 10% of the tobacco and booze to "cleanse the gene pool?" Because they don't think those drugs are acceptable, or don't like the crime and tax dollars associated with their use.? You would probably rightly feel that they were crazy ass, self righteous, God complex assholes , right?

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 07:26 AM
Like Quicksilver, they have no common sense. They're happy to create a government welfare system so they don't have to "get their hands dirty" helping their neighbors. This allows them to shun welfare recipients, while claiming to have their best interests at heart.

It's truly a sad situation.

And this is what's in that CROCK.... lol!!

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn297/robroberson/poop/AnimatedPooSteamingCLR.gif (http://s307.photobucket.com/user/robroberson/media/poop/AnimatedPooSteamingCLR.gif.html)

FindersKeepers
04-14-2016, 07:29 AM
And this is what's in that CROCK.... lol!!

Yep -- that's pretty much what you spew here on a daily basis. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 07:31 AM
Yep -- that's pretty much what you spew here on a daily basis. :smiley_ROFLMAO:

How would you know..... with your limited intellect and all...

donttread
04-14-2016, 07:32 AM
there are plenty of studies which contradict your argument about the safety of smoking weed.

I don't think anyone will any brains will say that MJ is completely safe, especially when smoked. Smoking is never all that safe. On the other hand there is a major lack of real world evidence to show that MJ is even remotely as harmful overall as alcohol or tobacco ( especially when the MJ is ingested) If there is such a thing as a soft drug it's probably good old fashioned 60's or 70's pot baked into brownies

FindersKeepers
04-14-2016, 07:33 AM
How would you know..... with your limited intellect and all...

LOL
You're a funny thing, indeed.

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 07:46 AM
LOL
You're a funny thing, indeed.

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14535&stc=1

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 07:52 AM
According to the testing they aren't, but the government is spending plenty of it on proving that.

Depends on the region I'd say, it's also easy to beat a drug test. Think I put that somewhere before, but until they come up with something cheaper than hair follicle it will be expensive and most will not be caught.

With that said, I don't believe pot should be rated on the same level as heroin as it is now. I think it about as harmful as drinking, neither good for you but the drinking aspect seems to be accepted. I'm talking about crack, meth, heroin, not a joint every now and then.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:30 AM
We have drug testing in MI and it helps weed out the addicts that are using the system. We are now tossing the cheaters in jail. This is tax money that they are receiving and thus they are subject to the will of the people and the people don't want to support their habit. You can say all you want, but we are on the last straw with one of our employee's that I am sure is a pot smoker and now has the fuck it's and can't seem to show up for work on a regular basis. So it is off for follicle testing for him, and likely termination

Missing work? Sounds more like alcoholism -- just sayin'

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:33 AM

Sorry, but the cost of catching the 2 out of 100 positives with these tests catch is FAR more expensive than what 2 out of 100 people are costing a state in fraud.

Have it your way - waste your money, but don't be surprised when the courts tell you to stop it as they did Florida.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:36 AM
I don't need to read anything. I was an addict for years. Been clean for about 20 now.You were saying what about dope and what it does to a person.?

Pot smokers are NOT considered addicts. Take that garbage to the dump.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:37 AM

Hit me with one - no junk science please. The ONLY solid negative studies have been done on kids who's brains are still developing. Nobody under 21 should smoke pot.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:40 AM
crazy ass, self righteous, God complex assholes , right?

Perfect description of our buddy the gene pool cleanser. Sheesh.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:41 AM
No the should not have to.

The person or persons are applying for economic assistance. with that comes a drug test, just like many jobs. Certainly they have the right to refuse this test. But then of course they will not get the assistance.

The choice is up to them. There is no privacy issue, they certainly have that right.

That's not what the courts told Florida. You are perfectly welcome to make up your own laws but don't expect the judicial system to tolerate them.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 09:42 AM
My feeling is that these law makers don't know enough about drug addiction to be making these choices. If you drug test people for food stamps you have to offer treatment to those who fail the test ( despite studying all night). Of course de-criminialization would be best that's not going to happen right away.
In the mean time how about we drug test the damned politicians?

Rick Scott and Scott Walker are super-likely to pop hot. Something is addling their brains. ;-)

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 09:46 AM

Where did I say I was a pot addict, you're an idiot who spins things to fit their agenda. If you took the time to read a thread you'd see where i think pot should be taken from the list it is on now. One problem with imbeciles is they never get any better. Just more embedded in the jerk knee thoughts they want to impose on the rest of the world.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:11 AM

then make sure the money is spent on feeding children and not a drug habit.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:12 AM
Certainly in the running for one of the boards most ignorant comments ever. How would you feel if someone posted that they should poison 10% of the tobacco and booze to "cleanse the gene pool?" Because they don't think those drugs are acceptable, or don't like the crime and tax dollars associated with their use.? You would probably rightly feel that they were crazy ass, self righteous, God complex $#@!s , right?

whaaa, whaaa......

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:18 AM

http://consumer.healthday.com/kids-health-information-23/misc-kid-s-health-news-435/marijuana-not-a-safe-drug-review-finds-679636.html

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 10:31 AM
Where did I say I was a pot addict, you're an idiot who spins things to fit their agenda. If you took the time to read a thread you'd see where i think pot should be taken from the list it is on now. One problem with imbeciles is they never get any better. Just more embedded in the jerk knee thoughts they want to impose on the rest of the world.

You're a jerk. Kindly stay out of my threads or i'll just tPF stamp them all.

Capisce?

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:40 AM

Capisce?

You really should lighten up a bit. This stuff shouldn't be taken so seriously.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:42 AM

Most people do not become addicted, but some people who smoke weed do become addicted and it's not just a psychological addiction.

Quicksilver
04-14-2016, 10:57 AM
Ya know... I'd really rather see a pot smoking lazy a$$ slacker get food stamps that he/she doesn't deserve than pull the food out of the mouths of children, the elderly or the disabled who are truly in need. But that's just how I roll.

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 11:20 AM

Capisce?
Anyone who presents an argument to you is a jerk, So thread ban me or stop the free speech of everyone by stamping it "MY OPINION" Nobody disagree with me or I'll have you banned. Spoken like the true occupy, BLM, or Trump protester. Congrats, you have shown your true colors.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Anyone who presents an argument to you is a jerk, So thread ban me or stop the free speech of everyone by stamping it "MY OPINION" Nobody disagree with me or I'll have you banned. Spoken like the true occupy, BLM, or Trump protester. Congrats, you have shown your true colors.

Don't call other posters "idiots" or "imbeciles". That may be your opinion but free speech of that nature isn't welcome on ANY chat board.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 11:45 AM
Many people who continually post uneccessary insults seem to take offense when the insults are directed toward them.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 11:50 AM
Many people who continually post uneccessary insults seem to take offense when the insults are directed toward them.

Link me to my calling someone an idiot or an imbecile. Might have happened once - it's nonstop with RS.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 11:52 AM
So, you rarely post insults? Really?

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 11:52 AM
http://consumer.healthday.com/kids-health-information-23/misc-kid-s-health-news-435/marijuana-not-a-safe-drug-review-finds-679636.html

I already conceded the research on teenagers. But love it when a story starts out like this.

Wow - great link Tahu! :)

Please note: This article was published more than one year ago. The facts and conclusions presented may have since changed and may no longer be accurate. And "More information" links may no longer work. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
I already conceded the research on teenagers. But love it when a story starts out like this.

Wow - great link Tahu! :)

Please note: This article was published more than one year ago. The facts and conclusions presented may have since changed and may no longer be accurate. And "More information" links may no longer work. Questions about personal health should always be referred to a physician or other health care professional.
I know always attack the source when find the information uncomfortable.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Most people do not become addicted, but some people who smoke weed do become addicted and it's not just a psychological addiction.

Link me to that study .. i'll wait.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 11:55 AM
So, you rarely post insults? Really?

Waiting - idiot or imbecile, try an advanced search.

Chris
04-14-2016, 11:58 AM

Bad faith name calling. Just discuss topic.

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 12:12 PM
Don't call other posters "idiots" or "imbeciles". That may be your opinion but free speech of that nature isn't welcome on ANY chat board.

Like you're not guilty, cast the first stone and get me thread banned before I make you look like a real idiot. I see you have contacted the higher up's. Good thing, congrats and pity this post will be yanked before you see it.

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 12:16 PM
What happened to the free speech guaranteed by the constitution of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, you little weasles complain because you got your feelings hurt. I'm so sorry you can't debate with adults. YOU called me what how many times in different threads and this one. How about you thread ban yourself from your own threads.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 12:24 PM
Waiting - idiot or imbecile, try an advanced search.

So insults don't count unless the words "idiot" or "imbecile" are used?

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 12:27 PM
So insults don't count unless the words "idiot" or "imbecile" are used?

Find something even similar. I'll wait.

Bo-4
04-14-2016, 12:29 PM
What happened to the free speech guaranteed by the constitution of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, you little weasles complain because you got your feelings hurt. I'm so sorry you can't debate with adults. YOU called me what how many times in different threads and this one. How about you thread ban yourself from your own threads.

Jesus H - just go away.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U9l7SIMpg4Q/TXQxIx2qvII/AAAAAAAAACE/aOxIvKATO4Y/s1600/jrt-ankle-biter.jpg

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 12:30 PM
Link me to that study .. i'll wait.

The entity you worship the US government says so........

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive
Marijuana use can lead to the development of problem use, known as a marijuana use disorder, which in severe cases takes the form of addiction. Recent data suggest that 30 percent of marijuana users may have some degree of marijuana use disorder17 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references). People who begin using marijuana before the age of 18 are 4 to 7 times more likely to develop a marijuana use disorder than adults.18 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references)
Marijuana use disorders are often associated with dependence—in which a user feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. Frequent marijuana users often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks.19 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references),20 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references) Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 12:59 PM
Jesus H - just go away.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-U9l7SIMpg4Q/TXQxIx2qvII/AAAAAAAAACE/aOxIvKATO4Y/s1600/jrt-ankle-biter.jpg

I have two chi's, love them very much, Had some pits, a few mixed breeds or two over the years. One thing I'll say,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,a dog doesn't discriminate, it does not lie, it loves you no matter what,,,,,,so don't put up a pic of a dog when you have nothing to counter your attack with.

donttread
04-14-2016, 05:19 PM

So you discipline the employee for their work related actions and offer them an EAP card.

domer76
04-14-2016, 05:22 PM

Obviously, you don't know shit about what constitutes free speech, either.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2016, 05:25 PM
How do we know how many welfare recipients aren't on drugs if they're not tested?

I suspect the data on this is skewed.

donttread
04-14-2016, 05:49 PM

You grow up.

Little question that alcohol as a substance is far more toxic that pot and real world studies show tobacco to be more toxic than pot.
Of course we use alcohol to kill almost every microbe on the planet and nicotine to kill pest.... so

donttread
04-14-2016, 05:59 PM
The entity you worship the US government says so........

https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/marijuana-addictive
Marijuana use can lead to the development of problem use, known as a marijuana use disorder, which in severe cases takes the form of addiction. Recent data suggest that 30 percent of marijuana users may have some degree of marijuana use disorder17 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references). People who begin using marijuana before the age of 18 are 4 to 7 times more likely to develop a marijuana use disorder than adults.18 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references)
Marijuana use disorders are often associated with dependence—in which a user feels withdrawal symptoms when not taking the drug. Frequent marijuana users often report irritability, mood and sleep difficulties, decreased appetite, cravings, restlessness, and/or various forms of physical discomfort that peak within the first week after quitting and last up to 2 weeks.19 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references),20 (https://www.drugabuse.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/references) Marijuana dependence occurs when the brain adapts to large amounts of the drug by reducing production of and sensitivity to its own endocannabinoid neurotransmitters

MJ withdrawal is harmless, only a very few withdrawals can kill you and alcohol is one of them

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 06:01 PM
How do we know how many welfare recipients aren't on drugs if they're not tested?

I suspect the data on this is skewed.

take their word for it......

Rebel Son
04-14-2016, 06:01 PM
Obviously, you don't know $#@! about what constitutes free speech, either.

No sir, I'm not real smart, You on the other hand know everything. Maybe you can school me on the constitution.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 06:05 PM
MJ withdrawal is harmless, only a very few withdrawals can kill you and alcohol is one of them

that's not the point.

Personally, I believe that if you want to smoke weed, that's fine with me. If you want to ruin your life by using heroin, I dont care.

Just don't sit there and tell me smoking weed is harmless. Or don't try to justify it by saying it's safer than alcohol, or something else.

donttread
04-14-2016, 06:06 PM
The problem will be if we allow MJ to fall into the megacorps hands.
Coca , chewed as a leaf has a coffee like effect. Mass produce it in a powder purified 20 times and you essentially have a different drug. Tobacco, while always deadly, is even more so because of the work of "tobacco engineers" . Smoke a little opium now and gain can be serious shit, but not as serous as shooting liquid opium or a synthetic into your veins.
If big business gets a hold of pot they will make it addictive and much more potent.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 06:07 PM
Proof that one can't reason with the unreasonable.

domer76
04-14-2016, 06:32 PM
No sir, I'm not real smart, You on the other hand know everything. Maybe you can school me on the constitution.

Read the First Amendment and see what free speech REALLY means.

Peter1469
04-14-2016, 06:41 PM
Read the First Amendment and see what free speech REALLY means.

You are going to have to delve into a couple hundreds of years of case law to see what free speech really [no caps] means.

domer76
04-14-2016, 07:30 PM
You are going to have to delve into a couple hundreds of years of case law to see what free speech really [no caps] means.

He's bitching about his free speech rights on this forum.

Peter1469
04-14-2016, 07:46 PM

That would be zero.

domer76
04-14-2016, 07:53 PM
That would be zero.

That's the hint I'm trying to provide.

Captain Obvious
04-14-2016, 07:56 PM

tPF is not a democracy.

It's pure fascism.

http://image.toutlecine.com/photos/t/r/i/triomphe-de-la-volonte-01-g.jpg

donttread
04-14-2016, 08:00 PM
that's not the point.

Personally, I believe that if you want to smoke weed, that's fine with me. If you want to ruin your life by using heroin, I dont care.

Just don't sit there and tell me smoking weed is harmless. Or don't try to justify it by saying it's safer than alcohol, or something else.

Well it is not totally safe, neither are peanuts. It would appear to be safer that alcohol though, not a justification , just an inference from real world situations and the direct effect of the drugs themselves. How many times does a news headline read " stoner beats wife and fights with and cops when they arrive?" or "stoner arrested for driving 110 MPH enroute to a knife fight?
The very pharmacology of alcohol makes it dangerous . Alcohol is linked to higher incidence of abuse, sexual assault, conception, fights and other violence, highway deaths, lost time at work, drownings , murders, suicides, deaths and chronic diseases than MJ and probably more than all other drugs ( except tobacco) combined .
How could a drug that significantly impairs your reaction time, and other physical and mental abilities in reality : while convincing you that is has made you smarter, stronger and more entitled at the same time NOT be dangerous? It short you leave the house as average Joe, drink all night until you become "get smart" with the confidence of James Bond.

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 08:10 PM
So you believe there is no long term effect upon your mental well being through steady use of marijuana?

A big part of the reason marijuana has not been legalized nationally is because of the juvenile and irrational arguments made by the pro-legalization crowd.

donttread
04-14-2016, 08:53 PM
So you believe there is no long term effect upon your mental well being through steady use of marijuana?

A big part of the reason marijuana has not been legalized nationally is because of the juvenile and irrational arguments made by the pro-legalization crowd.

How exactly have anti-prohibition arguments kept pot illegal? LOL
Here's the thing by all objective real world evidence pot is less dangerous that alcohol and tobacco. Secondly our archaic drug laws DO NOT limit drug availability. So we pay all the consequences of prohibition, such as turning the "land of the used to be free" into the most incarcerated society on earth, the hundreds of murders committed over illegal drug distribution turf and the growth of and cost of the ever larger government needed to maintain our current legal system. But we pay all those cost for no benefit because drugs are still available everywhere.
Does it sound sane to you to pursue a policy with that track record for 40 fucking years? I mean just how stupid would law makers have to be?

Tahuyaman
04-14-2016, 10:27 PM
The childish arguments presented by the legalization advocates cause lawmakers to not take them seriously. They damage their cause.

donttread
04-15-2016, 10:06 AM
The childish arguments presented by the legalization advocates cause lawmakers to not take them seriously. They damage their cause.

Again prohibition doesn't work. Decriminalization does. There is absolutely no evidence to support that prohibition is effective. But Portugal has proven that decriminalization works.
It's the pro prohibition arguments that are childish and completely unsupported by evidence

Bo-4
04-15-2016, 10:10 AM

No they don't damage their cause .. Hey, if you don't like pot, don't smoke it.

For the average adult recreational user, it's light years safer than booze.

Or (as usual) you can stay on the wrong side of history.

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/bplgz4vavkyps762r8vilq.png

Tahuyaman
04-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Again prohibition doesn't work. Decriminalization does. There is absolutely no evidence to support that prohibition is effective. But Portugal has proven that decriminalization works.
It's the pro prohibition arguments that are childish and completely unsupported by evidence

thats not the typical argument made by the advocates of legalization.

That being said, I don't believe that the way in which a tiny nation handles an issue would be appropriate for a nation of more than 300 million people. I'm not sure of the statistics, but it wouldn't surprise me if there were more drug addicts in New York City alone than there are in Portugal in total.

Tahuyaman
04-15-2016, 10:17 AM

No they don't damage their cause .. Hey, if you don't like pot, don't smoke it.

For the average adult recreational user, it's light years safer than booze.

Or (as usual) you can stay on the wrong side of history.

http://content.gallup.com/origin/gallupinc/GallupSpaces/Production/Cms/POLL/bplgz4vavkyps762r8vilq.png

Those who have the power to change the law won't do it because of people like ^^^^.

Bo-4
04-15-2016, 10:23 AM
Those who have the power to change the law won't do it because of people like ^^^^.

Nonsense - if you live another ten years you'll see it legal in all 50 states.

It'll be inconsequential in terms of how it affects you personally - except that it will add billions in much needed tax revenue.

Secondary benefit? It's the drug cartels' #1 revenue generator. Nobody will buy underground when they can walk into a shop and get it legally.

Tahuyaman
04-15-2016, 10:32 AM
Nonsense - if you live another ten years you'll see it legal in all 50 states.

I will be and it won't.

Bo-4
04-15-2016, 10:36 AM
I will be and it won't.

We'll be at 6 legal recreational states, 35 medicinal and likely decriminalization in all 50 by the end of this year.

Tick Tock

Tahuyaman
04-15-2016, 10:39 AM
We'll be at 6 legal recreational states, 35 medicinal and likely decriminalization in all 50 by the end of this year.

Tick Tock

no.

Peter1469
04-15-2016, 04:50 PM
Even where it is still illegal, many juries just say not guilty for personal use levels of pot.

donttread
04-15-2016, 05:43 PM
Even where it is still illegal, many juries just say not guilty for personal use levels of pot.

Good for them. Tyranny is not always fought in loud bloody battlefields