PDA

View Full Version : ABSCAM agents to FBI chief: Bureau's 'reputation' on the line in Clinton probe

Peter1469
04-16-2016, 09:49 AM
ABSCAM agents to FBI chief: Bureau's 'reputation' on the line in Clinton probe (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/16/abscam-agents-to-fbi-chief-bureaus-reputation-on-line-in-clinton-probe.html)

Former FBI agents who helped put lots of politicians in jail write a letter to the FBI director imploring him to keep politics out of his investigation.

"Decisions must be made on facts alone. Much is at stake here -- people's trust in the Bureau for years to come, as well as the Bureau's reputation among our allies, partners, and friends as the greatest law enforcement agency in the world,” wrote John F. Good, president of the Long Island Chapter of the Society of Former Special Agents of the FBI.

Good, though, said the pressure the ABSCAM agents faced 40 years ago pales in comparison to what Comey and the agents are dealing with today regarding the Democratic presidential front-runner and her aides.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2016, 10:26 AM
ABSCAM agents to FBI chief: Bureau's 'reputation' on the line in Clinton probe (http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/16/abscam-agents-to-fbi-chief-bureaus-reputation-on-line-in-clinton-probe.html)

Former FBI agents who helped put lots of politicians in jail write a letter to the FBI director imploring him to keep politics out of his investigation.
It may already be too late.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2016, 11:04 AM
I believe the Justice Department is the one more susceptible to politics in this one.

Peter1469
04-16-2016, 11:27 AM
We shall see.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2016, 11:38 AM
Nothing is going to become of this.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2016, 11:40 AM
We shall see.
I have come to believe they are corrupt. If they were not there would already be charges sent to the (in)Justice Department. They are giving the appearance of slow-rolling.

Tahuyaman
04-16-2016, 11:50 AM
I have come to believe they are corrupt. If they were not there would already be charges sent to the (in)Justice Department. They are giving the appearance of slow-rolling.

I can agree with that. There does seem to be enough uncovered to recommend charges be filed.

Peter1469
04-16-2016, 11:51 AM
Except they have not interviewed the key players yet. That is end game for the FBI.

MisterVeritis
04-16-2016, 12:00 PM
Except they have not interviewed the key players yet. That is end game for the FBI.
I understand. That is part of why I believe the FBI is slow-rolling. TV talking heads are already essentially unanimous in their belief that Clinton will get away with selling access to her future office in addition to getting away with doing more harm to US national security than any other living human being.

Peter1469
04-16-2016, 12:04 PM
If that happens, I think it will be from the attorney general.

And then I think the FBI will leak the investigation results around election time.

domer76
04-16-2016, 12:09 PM

hanger4
04-16-2016, 12:17 PM

You're obsessing.

Call me when ya count all the bash Trump threads. Hell call me ya count all Hillary-love-fest threads.

hanger4
04-16-2016, 12:27 PM
And Hillary Clinton has Kendall-ed up as has all her inner circle lawyered up.

Peter1469
04-16-2016, 12:43 PM

Count the gay threads.

At least my topic is about politics.