PDA

View Full Version : Beretta settles in at Tennessee facility, holds grand opening

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 05:09 AM
Beretta settles in at Tennessee facility, holds grand opening (http://www.guns.com/2016/04/16/beretta-settling-in-at-tennessee-facility-holds-grand-opening/)

Beretta left Maryland because of its stance on guns. Now it is in Tennessee.

Beretta USA (http://www.berettausa.com/en-us/) ushered in a new era of manufacturing Friday in Gallatin, Tennessee. With a host of local leaders and members of the Beretta family on site, the firearms facility officially began production on April 15.

The invitation-only ceremony featured speeches by politicians Sen. Bob Corker and Gov. Bill Haslam as well as Beretta’s Pietro and Franco Gussalli Beretta.

Haslam was a driving force in bringing Beretta to the Middle Tennessee area, even going so far as to visit the Beretta family in Italy to persuade them down south.

“They didn’t really feel appreciated there,” Haslam said in reference to Maryland, where the company previously housed manufacturing operations in the U.S. “Obviously in Tennessee we take great pride in the Second Amendment and we are proud to have a company like Beretta move here.”

Private Pickle
04-17-2016, 08:02 AM
Their shotguns are the only thing they still do well.

Ravens Fan
04-17-2016, 08:43 AM
My only real issue with Governor Hogan (Maryland), is that he still has not addressed the radical gun laws the previous administration implemented yet. That was a major issue during his campaign. I don't blame Beretta one bit for moving.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 10:30 AM
My only real issue with Governor Hogan (Maryland), is that he still has not addressed the radical gun laws the previous administration implemented yet. That was a major issue during his campaign. I don't blame Beretta one bit for moving.

I imagine he will try, but he has a democratic legislature to deal with.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 10:35 AM

their hand guns are of a high quality. just too many small pieces and parts when disassembling for cleaning and maintenance.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 10:37 AM
I don't like the Army's M-9. It is not that great of a combat pistol.

SIG would have been a great gun, but even more practicable for the Army, Glock- because of the maintenance.

Private Pickle
04-17-2016, 10:59 AM

SIG would have been a great gun, but even more practicable for the Army, Glock- because of the maintenance.

Agreed.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 11:15 AM

and that's because it's difficult to maintain because of the number of small parts upon disassembly.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 11:19 AM
and that's because it's difficult to maintain because of the number of small parts upon disassembly.

The 101st transitioned from the old colt .45 to the M9 around 1988-89. When we first got them we, being soldiers, decided to use only two on the range and cycle the company through - less guns to clean. One of them, before a thousand rounds went through it failed. Cracked barrel. At that time we were firing both .45 and the new M9. Two lanes M9, the rest .45.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 11:27 AM
I remember transitioning to the M-9. I do remeber issues with the pistol initially, but that's not unusual. My only concern was the ease of maintenance under field conditions.

The biggest thing which confused me is that the word was that they didn't go with the Glock because it was foreign made.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 11:30 AM
I remember transitioning to the M-9. I do remeber issues with the pistol initially, but that's not unusual. My only concern was the ease of maintenance under field conditions.

The biggest thing which confused me is that the word was that they didn't go with the Glock because it was foreign made.

Yes, I heard that too. Also, I heard that the SIG won the competition, but wouldn't come down on the costs for magazines. But that was just scuttlebutt.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 11:33 AM
I thought that the Glock was the preferred weapon. I guess it's a moot point now anyway.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 11:37 AM
I thought that the Glock was the preferred weapon. I guess it's a moot point now anyway.

Personally I am not a Glock fan. But, if I was going to be in the field / combat for an extended period of time I would pick Glock because of the ease of maintenance.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 11:38 AM

The army has a new procurement for the next army pistol. Maybe Glock will win. I have a thread on it.

The big deal is the end to the ban on hollow points. If we do that then 9mm may be worth a damn.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 11:39 AM
Personally I am not a Glock fan. But, if I was going to be in the field / combat for an extended period of time I would pick Glock because of the ease of maintenance.

I can't find anything negative with a Glock.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 11:45 AM
I can't find anything negative with a Glock.

I don't like the way they feel when I fire them. But I always had a SIG, so I am spoiled. I would get over it fast if needed.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't like the way they feel when I fire them. But I always had a SIG, so I am spoiled. I would get over it fast if needed.

In the Army, Other than when I was a machine gunner, I was never assigned a pistol, so my experience was limited. When I went into the sheriff's department I was issued a Glock. I was skeptical based on what I had heard about them. My skepticism was gone by the time I fired one magazine.

Peter1469
04-17-2016, 12:16 PM
In the Army, Other than when I was a machine gunner, I was never assigned a pistol, so my experience was limited. When I went into the sheriff's department I was issued a Glock. I was skeptical based on what I had heard about them. My skepticism was gone by the time I fired one magazine.

I was never assigned a pistol as an enlisted soldier. Once I made Major that was all I got. Which was fine with me. In fact on my last Iraq deployment, as a MAJ, when I flew there were always extra M-4s on the helicopter for the guys like me with only a pistol.

When I fire my SIG P220 the recoil is straight back and up- and pretty light for a .45cal. With the Glock its recoil takes me up and left. It is annoying. Like I said, I would get over it fast if I needed a weapon for a long term deployment where ease of maintenance is critical.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 12:27 PM
I was never assigned a pistol as an enlisted soldier. Once I made Major that was all I got. Which was fine with me. In fact on my last Iraq deployment, as a MAJ, when I flew there were always extra M-4s on the helicopter for the guys like me with only a pistol.

When I fire my SIG P220 the recoil is straight back and up- and pretty light for a .45cal. With the Glock its recoil takes me up and left. It is annoying. Like I said, I would get over it fast if I needed a weapon for a long term deployment where ease of maintenance is critical.

The recoil on my Glock was straight up with no deviation. Quite controllable.

Cletus
04-17-2016, 02:35 PM

The M9, particularly the M9a3 is an excellent gun. The CX4 Carbine is extremely reliable. It is hard to make one fail. I don't much care for the ARX series of rifles, though.

They do make nice shotguns. I have a Mod A302 sitting in my safe.

Cletus
04-17-2016, 02:38 PM

Delta dumped their HKs about 3 years ago and went to the Glock 17 as their issue gun. The SEAL teams are currently transitioning to the Glock 19.

Private Pickle
04-17-2016, 05:12 PM
The M9, particularly the M9a3 is an excellent gun. The CX4 Carbine is extremely reliable. It is hard to make one fail. I don't much care for the ARX series of rifles, though.

They do make nice shotguns. I have a Mod A302 sitting in my safe.

I disagree on the M9. Never shot the CX 4 but I'll stick with my Daniel Defense any day.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Delta dumped their HKs about 3 years ago and went to the Glock 17 as their issue gun. The SEAL teams are currently transitioning to the Glock 19.

Delta folks can can utilize the weapon of their choice. Of course the army will not neither confirm nor deny that.

Cletus
04-17-2016, 07:51 PM
Delta folks can can utilize the weapon of their choice. Of course the army will not neither confirm nor deny that.

Not exactly. They have mission specific loadouts. They have more options than the average infantryman, but they don't get to carry whatever they want.

Their current issued sidearm is the Glock 17.

Tahuyaman
04-17-2016, 07:59 PM
Not exactly. They have mission specific loadouts. They have more options than the average infantryman, but they don't get to carry whatever they want.

Their current issued sidearm is the Glock 17.

when it comes to Delta, people can believe anything they want to believe. You imagine it and you are authorized to believe it.

Cletus
04-19-2016, 01:34 AM
when it comes to Delta, people can believe anything they want to believe. You imagine it and you are authorized to believe it.

Okay, but they have mission specific loadouts and their current issued sidearm is the Glock 17.

Tahuyaman
04-19-2016, 08:59 AM
People think that they know the TO&E of Delta based on things they've heard, but they really don't know.

Cletus
04-19-2016, 12:29 PM
People think that they know the TO&E of Delta based on things they've heard, but they really don't know.

You have apparently elevated Delta to some mythical standard and turned them into a super secret bunch of little James Bonds types running around doing whatever they want. They are not. They are a unit in the United States Army with a specific mission (which has broadened a bit in recent years, the inevitable result of mission creep). Internally, they are just as structured as any other unit in the Army.

To give you some idea, when Delta was formed, new operators were given an initial 800 Dollar clothing allowance to buy civilian clothes. I am sure it is considerable higher now. When they were choosing weapons for the team, the Army gave them M3 submachineguns as their close quarter weapons. Charlie Beckwith had to dip into his operating fund and go to Jim's Pawn Shop, a Class III dealer in Fayetteville, and get Jim to order him 50 MP5s.

At one time, just a few years ago, Department of the Army ordered them to give up their HK 416s and turn them in for M4s. It took heat from Congress to get them back for them.

For years, their standard pistol was the HK Mk23. It is a great gun. It is the only pistol the Army has ever classified as an offensive weapon. The problem with it was its size. About 3 years or so ago, after doing a lot of testing, they got approval to retire the Mk23s and adopt the G17 as their standard sidearm. It is smaller, has a higher magazine capacity and easier for operators to keep on target when firing rapidly. It also has the advantage of having a compact version (G19) and a subcompact version (G26). It is one basic platform to learn that is able to fulfill just about any required role.

Delta is a good organization, but it is still the Army.

Tahuyaman
04-19-2016, 04:08 PM
You have apparently elevated Delta to some mythical standard and turned them into a super secret bunch of little James Bonds types running around doing whatever they want. They are not. They are a unit in the United States Army with a specific mission (which has broadened a bit in recent years, the inevitable result of mission creep). Internally, they are just as structured as any other unit in the Army.

To give you some idea, when Delta was formed, new operators were given an initial 800 Dollar clothing allowance to buy civilian clothes. I am sure it is considerable higher now. When they were choosing weapons for the team, the Army gave them M3 submachineguns as their close quarter weapons. Charlie Beckwith had to dip into his operating fund and go to Jim's Pawn Shop, a Class III dealer in Fayetteville, and get Jim to order him 50 MP5s.

At one time, just a few years ago, Department of the Army ordered them to give up their HK 416s and turn them in for M4s. It took heat from Congress to get them back for them.

For years, their standard pistol was the HK Mk23. It is a great gun. It is the only pistol the Army has ever classified as an offensive weapon. The problem with it was its size. About 3 years or so ago, after doing a lot of testing, they got approval to retire the Mk23s and adopt the G17 as their standard sidearm. It is smaller, has a higher magazine capacity and easier for operators to keep on target when firing rapidly. It also has the advantage of having a compact version (G19) and a subcompact version (G26). It is one basic platform to learn that is able to fulfill just about any required role.

the army officially will not confirm nor deny anything to do with Delta a force. They won't even confirm that the unit actually exists.

MisterVeritis
04-19-2016, 04:28 PM
About 3 years or so ago, after doing a lot of testing, they got approval to retire the Mk23s and adopt the G17 as their standard sidearm. It is smaller, has a higher magazine capacity and easier for operators to keep on target when firing rapidly. It also has the advantage of having a compact version (G19) and a subcompact version (G26). It is one basic platform to learn that is able to fulfill just about any required role.

The G26 Gen 4 is a small weapon. I liked mine all the way up until that fishing incident...

Cletus
04-19-2016, 05:51 PM
the army officially will not confirm nor deny anything to do with Delta a force. They won't even confirm that the unit actually exists.

The Combat Applications Group, also known as SFOD-D is assigned to JSOC. It is headquartered at Fort Bragg. Before they had their own area, they worked out of the old stockade. Candidates for the unit go through (or at least did, I assume they still do) go through selection at Camp Dawson, West Virginia.

They won't even confirm that the unit actually exists.

They don't talk about submarine operations, either... but they exist.

Cletus
04-19-2016, 05:52 PM
The G26 Gen 4 is a small weapon. I liked mine all the way up until that fishing incident...

It is a good gun, but too small for my hands. My daily carry is a G32.

Tahuyaman
04-19-2016, 08:09 PM
They don't talk about submarine operations, either... but they exist.

they do acknowledge that the US Navy does have submarines in the fleet.

Why do so many people pretend that they know so much about things in which they know nothing?

Cletus
04-19-2016, 08:27 PM
they do acknowledge that the US Navy does have submarines in the fleet.

Why do so many people pretend that they know so much about things in which they know nothing?

Why do you assume that I know nothing about the subject?

Is it because you know nothing about the subject?

By the way, the Army doesn't deny the existence of CAG. They just refuse to acknowledge its mission.

Tahuyaman
04-19-2016, 08:47 PM

because it's obvious that you don't. Don't worry about it. It's not uncommon for people to think they know certain things based on the things they read from others who know nothing about a particular subject.

Cletus
04-19-2016, 08:48 PM
because it's obvious that you don't. Don't worry about it. It's not uncommon for people to think they know certain things based on the things they read from others who know nothing about a particular subject.

Okay.

Correct me.

This should be good. :grin:

maineman
04-19-2016, 11:29 PM

Is it because you know nothing about the subject?

By the way, the Army doesn't deny the existence of CAG. They just refuse to acknowledge its mission.

this is the same guy you idolized, please recall. This is the insulting douchebag who I insulted back and you had his six covered big time.

Cletus
04-20-2016, 06:43 AM
this is the same guy you idolized, please recall. This is the insulting douchebag who I insulted back and you had his six covered big time.

Not exactly. I called you on your superior attitude and your attempts to throw the fact that you were a commissioned officer in his face as though that somehow made you correct or superior in some way.

It doesn't. When you are right about something, you are right. When you are wrong about something, you are wrong. Your former rank is of zero importance in these discussions unless the discussion is related specifically to your particular area of expertise in the Navy. I dislike people who try to use some imaginary social status to denigrate others.

My issue with T in this case is simply that he is clueless about this particular issue and either can't see it or can't bring himself to admit it. That doesn't mean I don't agree with him more often than I do not. For that matter, I occasionally agree with you but find it difficult to admit it, not because you generally espouse a Leftist viewpoint, but because of the contempt you often display toward those you consider to be somehow "less" than you because they served as enlisted soldiers instead of commissioned officers.

I have nothing against you personally and do not doubt that you served your nation with honor. I am also certain that T did, as well, and since neither of you is holding an active billet right now in any branch of the service, he is your peer, not your subordinate and should be addressed as such. Even though I always enjoyed making fun of Squids and Jarheads and had a hard time even seeing Air Force types as military, I always saw us all as players on the same team, just occupying different but equally important positions on the field. I never saw anyone in any of the junior services as "inferior" and it just pisses me off to see that attitude displayed on a forum such as this, especially from someone who should know better.

On this issue, I am going to disagree with T. My MOS, rank and duty position caused me to have much contact with the D Boys and before the question is even asked, no, I was never in Delta nor did I ever go through selection. I never had any desire to do so. I did however, and actually still do list among my friends, acquaintances and professional contacts more than enough people on the inside to make me certain I do know what I am talking about on this topic... from some of the first cadre recruited by Beckwith to recently retired operators to the armorer/gunsmith who tuned their handguns and rifles. The Army is quite secretive about the mission and the inner workings of most JSOC components, but there is certainly no reason to assign them some mythic status.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:51 AM
Okay.

Correct me.

This should be good. :grin:

I already did.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:52 AM

you're just a garden variety malcontent. Cool..

Besides, I wasn't aware that he "idolizes" me? Maybe you can show evidence of why you said that? Is it because you think that if one agrees with another on certain issues, they idolize each other? Do you believe anyone echo agrees with you idolizes you?

Please explain your position..

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:54 AM
My issue with T in this case is simply that he is clueless about this particular issue and either can't see it or can't bring himself to admit it. .

You can certainly hold that opinion. That doesn't make you right.

maineman
04-20-2016, 09:15 AM
Not exactly. I called you on your superior attitude and your attempts to throw the fact that you were a commissioned officer in his face as though that somehow made you correct or superior in some way. ...all the while completely ignoring the fact that it was HE that first questioned MY service and suggested that I was not a surface warfare officer but rather a cook. I got it. Your selective outrage is duly noted, and scoffed at. Good to know this little tiff of yours hasn't made you change your butt-buddy status with him.

Cletus
04-20-2016, 01:08 PM
...all the while completely ignoring the fact that it was HE that first questioned MY service and suggested that I was not a surface warfare officer but rather a cook. I got it. Your selective outrage is duly noted, and scoffed at. Good to know this little tiff of yours hasn't made you change your butt-buddy status with him.

When you two start exchanging kisses I really don't pay attention to who says what, nor do I really care. What gets my attention every time is when "Sarge" in one of your responses as I am skimming over the bullshit. That makes me stop and actually read what you are saying and invariably it is being used as a way to express contempt and insinuate that your former rank somehow makes you superior. I have neither the time nor the interest to go back and see who hurled the first insult. You have used that same tone with me and the frequency with which you resort to it makes it easy to believe you held the same twisted views while active and engaged in the same behavior.

maineman
04-20-2016, 01:34 PM
When you two start exchanging kisses I really don't pay attention to who says what, nor do I really care. What gets my attention every time is when "Sarge" in one of your responses as I am skimming over the bullshit. That makes me stop and actually read what you are saying and invariably it is being used as a way to express contempt and insinuate that your former rank somehow makes you superior. I have neither the time nor the interest to go back and see who hurled the first insult. You have used that same tone with me and the frequency with which you resort to it makes it easy to believe you held the same twisted views while active and engaged in the same behavior.

well... as long as it's "easy to believe", that takes all the onus off you to find out whether it is true or not. That's reasonable. You just assume that I hurled the first insult and everything else just nicely falls in place for you. How convenient.

When I was active, I was beloved by my sailors. Many of them stay in touch with me to this very day. A former Electronics Tech Chief of mine just came down to Mexico with his whole family as our house guests to spend Thanksgiving with us.

I have NEVER insinuated that my rank made me superior to anyone. I know full well that the things you did on active duty are most certainly not in my skill set, just as the things that I did are not in yours. We each had our jobs to do. I take a bit of umbrage when ground pounders like to say that their service was SO much more difficult than mine and that all we sailors do is float around on cruise ships and take life easy. Most ground pounders that I know who've had to spend any time at sea were too nauseous to get out of their racks, let alone do any of the hard work involved with life at sea.

Cletus
04-20-2016, 01:48 PM
well... as long as it's "easy to believe", that takes all the onus off you to find out whether it is true or not. That's reasonable. You just assume that I hurled the first insult and everything else just nicely falls in place for you. How convenient.

When I was active, I was beloved by my sailors. Many of them stay in touch with me to this very day. A former Electronics Tech Chief of mine just came down to Mexico with his whole family as our house guests to spend Thanksgiving with us.

I have NEVER insinuated that my rank made me superior to anyone. I know full well that the things you did on active duty are most certainly not in my skill set, just as the things that I did are not in yours. We each had our jobs to do. I take a bit of umbrage when ground pounders like to say that their service was SO much more difficult than mine and that all we sailors do is float around on cruise ships and take life easy. Most ground pounders that I know who've had to spend any time at sea were too nauseous to get out of their racks, let alone do any of the hard work involved with life at sea.

Alright, I'll accept that. I don't know you personally, so all I have to use to form opinions of you are the posts you present here. I will take your word on this, but it would be more convincing if you would stop trying to use enlisted/commissioned status as some kind of a bludgeon here. Make fun of "ground pounders" all you want. That is to be expected. My wife was a squid and she knows there is little more that I enjoy more than making fun of them (Jarheads are even more fun to poke at. The Naval Infantry takes themselves far too seriously). Of course, she also knows if someone attacks a member of one of the other services with true malice, I'll be on him like ugly on Marilyn Manson.

Leave the whole rank bullshit on your "I love me wall" and most of our problem will go away.

maineman
04-20-2016, 01:56 PM
Alright, I'll accept that. I don't know you personally, so all I have to use to form opinions of you are the posts you present here. I will take your word on this, but it would be more convincing if you would stop trying to use enlisted/commissioned status as some kind of a bludgeon here. Make fun of "ground pounders" all you want. That is to be expected. My wife was a squid and she knows there is little more that I enjoy more than making fun of them (Jarheads are even more fun to poke at. The Naval Infantry takes themselves far too seriously). Of course, she also knows if someone attacks a member of one of the other services with true malice, I'll be on him like ugly on Marilyn Manson.

Leave the whole rank bullshit on your "I love me wall" and most of our problem will go away.

again... I will respond to Tahuyaman and try to get under his skin just like he tries to get under mine. When HE quits insulting my service, I'll quit questioning his. I've certainly never questioned YOURS, have I?

Heck... the mere fact that you know about an "I love me wall" lets me know you've been there and done that! :)

Cletus
04-20-2016, 02:02 PM
again... I will respond to @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365) and try to get under his skin just like he tries to get under mine. When HE quits insulting my service, I'll quit questioning his. I've certainly never questioned YOURS, have I?

Heck... the mere fact that you know about an "I love me wall" lets me know you've been there and done that! :)

EVERYBODY either has or knows someone who has an "I love me wall".

I actually do not have one, but I would never begrudge someone who wanted to put his awards and decorations on display in a private place. If I ever get around to creating one, it would be in a room where few people would go and would be sort of a personal refuge for me. Of course, I would have to search through a whole bunch of storage containers to figure out where all that stuff is before I could put it up.

All I have displayed in my office right now are professional licenses and certifications.

maineman
04-20-2016, 02:08 PM

I actually do not have one, but I would never begrudge someone who wanted to put his awards and decorations on display in a private place. If I ever get around to creating one, it would be in a room where few people would go and would be sort of a personal refuge for me. Of course, I would have to search through a whole bunch of storage containers to figure out where all that stuff is before I could put it up.

All I have displayed in my office right now are professional licenses and certifications.

Mine has always been in my home office or den.... mostly ship's plaques and pictures and a few medal citations.... few people go in there, but all my old Navy buddies always ask about it when they visit.

Cletus
04-20-2016, 02:13 PM
Mine has always been in my home office or den.... mostly ship's plaques and pictures and a few medal citations.... few people go in there, but all my old Navy buddies always ask about it when they visit.

I think that is the appropriate place for one and I see no reason not to display the things that matter to you. The people who understand it will be appreciative and those who don't... well, they just don't matter.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:15 PM
again... I will respond to @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365) and try to get under his skin just like he tries to get under mine.

Keep trying. Obviously I have taken residence in your head.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:18 PM

I don't have one. Everything is packed away neatly. My service is something I keep to myself. I don't need to show people anything.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 08:20 PM
...all the while completely ignoring the fact that it was HE that first questioned MY service and suggested that I was not a surface warfare officer but rather a cook. I got it. Your selective outrage is duly noted, and scoffed at. Good to know this little tiff of yours hasn't made you change your butt-buddy status with him.

Now you are disparaging cooks? Did you once catch one spitting in you food or something?

maineman
04-20-2016, 09:45 PM
Now you are disparaging cooks? Did you once catch one spitting in you food or something?

cooks are vital members of the team, sarge. I understand your sense of loyalty to your past profession. It certainly is much more admirable than has been, flunky drunk, which is all you are now. You SHOULD try to re-up... there will always be potatoes that need to be peeled, and you're just the kind of guy who can peel them!

maineman
04-20-2016, 09:46 PM
I don't have one. Everything is packed away neatly. My service is something I keep to myself. I don't need to show people anything.

"best potato peeler" doesn't probably win you a lot of points with the winos you hang out with. I understand.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 10:04 PM
cooks are vital members of the team, sarge. I understand your sense of loyalty to your past profession. It certainly is much more admirable than has been, flunky drunk, which is all you are now. You SHOULD try to re-up... there will always be potatoes that need to be peeled, and you're just the kind of guy who can peel them!

"best potato peeler" doesn't probably win you a lot of points with the winos you hang out with. I understand.

I respect your attempt to be funny as futile as it is

maineman
04-20-2016, 10:08 PM
I respect your attempt to be funny as futile as it is

I was being honest. Don't run away from your life's calling. As long as there are soldiers needing a hot meal, there will be a need for cooks like you, sarge, to peel those potatoes for them. Do so, and do so with dignity.

maineman
04-20-2016, 10:09 PM
I salute your culinary workmanship.

Tahuyaman
04-20-2016, 10:49 PM
I was being honest. Don't run away from your life's calling. As long as there are soldiers needing a hot meal, there will be a need for cooks like you, sarge, to peel those potatoes for them. Do so, and do so with dignity.

All you are doing is trying to mimic my comments which were directed toward you a while back. Try to come up with your own stuff. Do you need me to give you some pointers?

I could PM you some good lines and authorize you to represent them as your own comments. I won't let on that I had to help you.

I promise that I'll give some quality lines to use. Some people will see through it because they know that you don't posess a sharp enough wit to come up with those on your own, but most won't realize that.

maineman
04-21-2016, 08:52 AM
:rofl: at Tahuyaman.

It's nice to see you finally admit to starting the insults going back and forth between us however.

One hopes that Cletus takes note thereof.

and I like your tasteful and classy new avatar, by the way. Is it your daughter or a hooker?

not that those two are mutually exclusive, of course.

Tahuyaman
04-21-2016, 09:10 AM
:rofl: at @Tahuyaman (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1365).

It's nice to see you finally admit to starting the insults going back and forth between us however.

I did no such thing. I just commented about how you are mimicking my comments which hit a nerve with you.

I don't know how far one can dig back in the archives, but I'm sure that if you could go back to our first exchange you'd see that I ticked you off by simply disagreeing with some idiotic comment you made. You could not handle simple disagreement and took it personally.

obviously, you have a problem with very attractive women. What's up with that?

maineman
04-21-2016, 09:20 AM
Problem? I have no problem. I said I thought the picture was classy and tasteful and I inquired as to her identity. Why would you think that indicated I had a problem with attractive women?

Mac-7
04-21-2016, 09:24 AM
I never liked beretta handguns

Tahuyaman
04-21-2016, 10:34 AM
and I like your tasteful and classy new avatar, by the way. Is it your daughter or a hooker?

not that those two are mutually exclusive, of course.

just curious. Why would you think a very beautiful woman wearing a bikini on the beach is a hooker? Is that your default position when it comes to your attitude pertaining to women?

I'm not sure what your objection is to the woman's appearance.

maineman
04-21-2016, 10:52 AM
I sort of assumed that, if you had any actual relationship with that woman, that it would be of that sort of professional nature. I was thinking that, if you were to have any relationship with a woman that didn't require upfront payment for services, she would probably look more like Bella Abzug.

maineman
04-21-2016, 10:54 AM
and I guess I am not quite sure what that woman has to do with your identity on a political discussion site.

Tahuyaman
04-21-2016, 11:19 AM
When I offered to provide maineman some good lines which he could represent as his own comments, his latest attempts were not something I gave him.

I don't want anyone to think that I provide those sophomoric retorts.

Cletus
04-21-2016, 01:47 PM
I never liked beretta handguns

They would never be my first choice, but I wouldn't feel undergunned if I had to carry one.