PDA

View Full Version : A Hillary Clinton—Goldman Sachs 'Wall Street' speech has been released

Cigar
04-18-2016, 03:07 PM
A Hillary Clinton—Goldman Sachs 'Wall Street' speech has been released (http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2016/4/17/1516205/-A-Hillary-Clinton-Goldman-Sachs-Wall-Street-speech-has-been-released)

https://youtu.be/0lKlJ3Ed4fQ

Better than a transcript, here is an actual video of Hillary Clinton giving a speech at the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women: Proving the Case for Women Entrepreneurs dinner. The video was posted October 22, 2014. I’m not sure if this is what Bernie Sanders is demanding (snark), but it does fit the three criteria, yes? Hillary Clinton, Goldman Sachs, and Speeches. This particular Hillary Clinton “unpaid” speech is about the empowerment of women — an issue the former U.S. Secretary of State has made a priority throughout her political career.
The text below the video simply reads:

Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women: Proving the Case for Women Entrepreneurs Learn more: www.goldmansachs.com/... (http://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000women/index.html) On September 23, 2014, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women hosted its annual dinner at the Clinton Global Initiative. The event featured a keynote address from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the business case for empowering women to ensure future economic growth.

Excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s speech.
“If we are talking about global economic growth, certainly if we’re talking about inclusive prosperity, there is no path forward that does not include the empowerment of women.”
___
“When women participate in economy, especially the formal economy, everyone prospers. Productivity, growth, the GDP — all rise when women have the opportunities they deserve.”
___
“In 2012, more than 125 million women around the world started and managed new business ventures. Nearly 100 million more women were running established businesses. And in the US between 1997 and 2007 the number of women-owned businesses grew 44% to nearly 8 million businesses. But we have to, in addition to being optimistic and positive, have awareness of the fact that in developing countries there are too many disappointments for women because they were underserved or unserved.”
___
“I have to tell you — women are a really good risk to lend to. And there are still too any financial institutions that either don’t know that or don’t believe it”.

Better than a transcript, here is an actual video of Hillary Clinton giving a speech at the Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women: Proving the Case for Women Entrepreneurs dinner. The video was posted October 22, 2014. I’m not sure if this is what Bernie Sanders is demanding (snark), but it does fit the three criteria, yes? Hillary Clinton, Goldman Sachs, and Speeches. This particular Hillary Clinton “unpaid” speech is about the empowerment of women — an issue the former U.S. Secretary of State has made a priority throughout her political career.

The text below the video simply reads:

Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women: Proving the Case for Women Entrepreneurs Learn more: www.goldmansachs.com/... (http://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000women/index.html) On September 23, 2014, Goldman Sachs 10,000 Women hosted its annual dinner at the Clinton Global Initiative. The event featured a keynote address from former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton on the business case for empowering women to ensure future economic growth.
Here is the video followed by speech excerpts:

Excerpts from Hillary Clinton’s speech.
“If we are talking about global economic growth, certainly if we’re talking about inclusive prosperity, there is no path forward that does not include the empowerment of women.”
___
“When women participate in economy, especially the formal economy, everyone prospers. Productivity, growth, the GDP — all rise when women have the opportunities they deserve.”
___
“In 2012, more than 125 million women around the world started and managed new business ventures. Nearly 100 million more women were running established businesses. And in the US between 1997 and 2007 the number of women-owned businesses grew 44% to nearly 8 million businesses. But we have to, in addition to being optimistic and positive, have awareness of the fact that in developing countries there are too many disappointments for women because they were underserved or unserved.”
___
“I have to tell you — women are a really good risk to lend to. And there are still too any financial institutions that either don’t know that or don’t believe it”.
In order for women to start their own companies, they need loans just like men. The problem is many banks see women as too high of a risk and more than not, women are turned down and opportunities are lost. This is what Hillary Clinton is addressing and trying to remedy along with Goldman Sachs. (http://www.goldmansachs.com/citizenship/10000women/index.html)

All bank people are not crooks, all doctors are not frauds, all Republicans are not evil — and all Democrats/Progressives/Liberals are not perfect.

The truth about the accomplishments of Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders can, and are being twisted, stretched, and omitted in effort to make each look better or worse. Many titles I see these days about our Democratic candidates are sensationalized, mean-spirited, exaggerated and/or blatantly false. The thing is, our liberal sites and social media networks reach millions. We can disgrace ourselves to the country and resort to Tea Party/FOX tactics — or we can do this thing right. I’m not talking about political correctness. I’m searching for responsibly to the truth. Somewhere in my life, someone told me, “When you hear something negative about someone, consider the source.” As Liberals, Progressives and Democrats most of us know, way down deep, we know — #WeAreBetterThanThis

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Cartoon-Character-Mutley-Laughing.gif

JVV
04-18-2016, 03:57 PM
It is of fundamental importance to recognize that "Democrat" is not synonymous with "Progressive" or even "Liberal".

The people who want most quickly to rush to the kumbaya moment are the ones who are most desperate to distract people from the fact that Hillary and the DNC represent movement away from the progressive direction.

JVV
04-18-2016, 04:01 PM
Hillary represents a continuation of the mindset which brought the repeal of Glass-Steagall and which brought us the 1994 crime bill.

The DNC is not even hiding the fact that they are undoing the lobbyist reforms Obama made small steps toward.

So naturally these forces want us to come together and give them cover for their efforts to get even cozier with the corrupting forces of Big Money.

#BetterThanWhat