PDA

View Full Version : Enough With the Hillary Cult

hanger4
04-21-2016, 05:57 PM
As a lifelong Democrat who will be enthusiastically voting for Bernie Sanders in next week’s Pennsylvania primary, I have trouble understanding the fuzzy rosy filter through which Hillary fans see their champion. So much must be overlooked or discounted—from Hillary’s compulsive money-lust and her brazen indifference to normal rules to her conspiratorial use of shadowy surrogates and her sociopathic shape-shifting in policy positions for momentary expedience.

Hillary’s breathtaking lack of concrete achievements or even minimal initiatives over her long public career doesn’t faze her admirers a whit. They have a religious conviction of her essential goodness and blame her blank track record on diabolical sexist obstructionists. When at last week’s debate Hillary crassly blamed President Obama for the disastrous Libyan incursion that she had pushed him into, her acolytes hardly noticed. They don’t give a damn about international affairs—all that matters is transgender bathrooms and instant access to abortion.

http://www.salon.com/2016/04/21/enough_with_the_hillary_cult_her_admirers_ignore_r eality_dream_of_worshipping_a_queen/

Interesting OP by CAMILLE PAGLIA at Salon. She peg the Hillary supporters at this forum and not a word about the FBI.

Cigar
04-21-2016, 06:01 PM
Hold your Nose ... and Vote in November :laugh:

Peter1469
04-21-2016, 06:24 PM
the word fan is derived from the word fanatic

JVV
04-21-2016, 06:48 PM
Hold your Nose ... and Vote in November :laugh:

No nose holding here.

Found a candidate who doesn't stink. Voted for him this month. Will vote for him again in November.

Glad I live in a state which allows write-ins.

TrueBlue
04-21-2016, 06:49 PM
Actually FANTASTIC!! And That's Our Girl!! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/yahoo.gif

del
04-21-2016, 06:54 PM
Actually FANTASTIC!! And That's Our Girl!! http://www.kolobok.us/smiles/standart/yahoo.gif

https://img.buzzfeed.com/buzzfeed-static/static/2014-09/23/18/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-4258-1411512860-16.gif

JVV
04-21-2016, 07:21 PM
The Hillary cult has surprised me. I thought that her followers would be pragmatic and not puff her up into something more than she is.

I called that one wrong.

I also thought that she would be viewed as so strong that they wouldn't feel a need to protect her with ridiculous accusations about sexism.

I got that wrong also.

Bo-4
04-22-2016, 09:12 AM
Pretty sure there are all of 2 or 3 "Hillary cultists" in this forum. ;)

birddog
04-22-2016, 09:48 AM
Before her trial, Hillary should serve as house servant for Sean Smith's mother for a month.

JVV
04-22-2016, 10:09 AM
Pretty sure there are all of 2 or 3 "Hillary cultists" in this forum. ;)

A couple here. A couple there.

They're perplexing.

Most of them that I've seen have had obvious mental issues. But I've seen a couple who mostly seem sane. And I'm like, "OMG, how can Hillary turn someone like you into a huffing and puffing mess?" She must have some super power I don't recognize.

Well, among the relatively sane ones there seems to be a propensity to blame Republicans for Hillary's reputation as a liar. As if Republicans forced her to make up her stolen valor story about the sniper fire, for example, or forced her to lie about Bernie's healthcare plan. So maybe that's the key -- an ability to blame Republicans for Democrats telling lies may be correlated to a susceptibility to the Hillary cult message. Hmmmm, no, I don't think that's it. That doesn't explain all of it. Maybe that combined with some other factor.

I'll have to put the matter on a back burner and let it percolate for awhile. I don't have enough data yet for a good working hypothesis.

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 10:10 AM

Nahhh.... FANTASTIC hahahaha

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 10:13 AM

You beat me to it!!

http://thepoliticalforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14566&stc=1

JVV
04-22-2016, 10:16 AM
Do the Hillary cultists really believe that's the etymology of the word "fan"?

Are they just joking? Or are they really ignorant about the word?

If they actually know the etymology, why are they so comfortable allowing people to think that they're ignorant?

More puzzlement.

hanger4
04-22-2016, 11:26 AM
Do the Hillary cultists really believe that's the etymology of the word "fan"?

Are they just joking? Or are they really ignorant about the word?

If they actually know the etymology, why are they so comfortable allowing people to think that they're ignorant?

More puzzlement.

The HC 'fan-atic's' I see here have a major problem with the truth concerning Hillary. They tend to deny without substantiation or just ignore via deflection.

domer76
04-22-2016, 11:31 AM
The Hillary cult has surprised me. I thought that her followers would be pragmatic and not puff her up into something more than she is.

I called that one wrong.

I also thought that she would be viewed as so strong that they wouldn't feel a need to protect her with ridiculous accusations about sexism.

I got that wrong also.

That's the deal. Her supporters ARE pragmatic. The only pragmatic voters in either party. Except, perhaps, the Kasich supporters.

JVV
04-22-2016, 12:02 PM
That's the deal. Her supporters ARE pragmatic. The only pragmatic voters in either party. Except, perhaps, the Kasich supporters.

Many of her supporters are pragmatic. Maybe most of her supporters are pragmatic.

Not all though. Some are loony toons fanatics. Some are mentally vacant and supporting Hillary gives them a veneer of pragmatism but it has taken surprisingly little to rub the veneer off.

domer76
04-22-2016, 12:04 PM
Many of her supporters are pragmatic. Maybe most of her supporters are pragmatic.

Not all though. Some are loony toons fanatics. Some are mentally vacant and supporting Hillary gives them a veneer of pragmatism but it has taken surprisingly little to rub the veneer off.

Look at any candidate. There are loonies in every camp. More in the Trump, Cruz, and Sanders camp than Clinton. The level headed ones are in her camp.

JVV
04-22-2016, 12:07 PM
Look at any candidate. There are loonies in every camp. More in the Trump, Cruz, and Sanders camp than Clinton. The level headed ones are in her camp.

Hillary is so "pragmatic" (translation: unidealistic, dishonest, boring, and with principles made of plastic) that I have been surprised to see any Hillary cultists.

Maybe I shouldn't have been surprised, but I still was.

*shrugs*