PDA

View Full Version : Oath Keepers Predict Civil War is Clinton Elected

Pages : [1] 2 3

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 09:17 AM
[I]f Hillary Clinton is chosen by the establishment to take Obama’s place, the result would probably be outright civil war in the U.S. The level of hatred among conservatives for that woman is so stratospheric I cannot see any other outcome. It might not happen immediately, but a solid bet would be conflagration within her first term.

http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/22/oath-keepers-predict-civil-war-clinton-wins.html

Agree? What would it look like? How do we know who the enemy is and who to kill?

Cigar
04-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Bring it ... :grin:

Bo-4
04-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Frickin' Oaf Keepers have been predicting this for years.

Happily at least 15 of the Bundy Banger Sovereign Citizens will be in prison - cutting their potential force by 20% :)

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 09:27 AM
Yeah... but again... How do we go about it? Do we go to recruitment sites to enlist. Do we all wear different colors? Blue for the Liberals.. Red for the Conservatives? Do we fight in regiments or just snipe out of our bedroom windows?

Cigar
04-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Frickin' Oaf Keepers have been predicting this for years.

Happily at least 15 of the Bundy Banger Sovereign Citizens will be in prison - cutting their potential force by 20% :)

The Chicago Police could sure use some help ... think they'll show up?

Bo-4
04-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Yeah... but again... How do we go about it? Do we go to recruitment sites to enlist. Do we all wear different colors? Blue for the Liberals.. Red for the Conservatives? Do we fight in regiments or just snipe out of our bedroom windows?

They never really think anything through QS ..

Maybe they could commandeer another bird refuge and wait for the coppers? ;-)

hanger4
04-22-2016, 09:33 AM
"A blogtalkradio program associated with the Black Lives Matter movement spewed racist hate and called for a race war"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/black-lives-matter-radio-host-calls-race-war-cop-killing

Reckon the fringe on either side speak for anybody but the loony fringe ??

FindersKeepers
04-22-2016, 09:35 AM

Just round up the rest of your conspiracy-theory buds and put on a civil war skit in your local park. That's the closest we'll get to a civil war over the likes of Hillary.

She simply isn't worth it.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 09:36 AM
Can't they just be happy with reenacting it?

Doublejack
04-22-2016, 09:37 AM
Install an extra padlock on bird sanctuaries across the nation. We shall endure.

Subdermal
04-22-2016, 09:43 AM

Thats a silly thing to wish, particularly from the disadvantaged side.

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 12:34 PM
https://desolationofblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/wolverines-e1429896256347.png

Anti-government "rebel" fantasy scenarios are very popular among many individuals and groups who feel marginalized, abused or taken advantage of. Ironically, a lot of it comes from those who also claim to value "law and order" and the Constitution. Wanting your own way all the time and throwing a temper tantrum and/or threatening violence when you don't get it is juvenile, moronic and un-American.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 12:42 PM
I cannot tell if a Clinton presidency, by itself, would spark a rebellion. Voter fraud might. We put up with a lot.Let's say it does spark a rebellion. What would the opening days look like?

Mac-7
04-22-2016, 12:51 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2016/04/22/oath-keepers-predict-civil-war-clinton-wins.html

Agree? What would it look like? How do we know who the enemy is and who to kill?

There is no question that liberals hate conservatices enough to kill them.

the divide in American politics could not be any worse without going to the next step of bloodshed.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 12:56 PM
There is no question that liberals hate conservatives enough to kill them.

the divide in American politics could not be any worse without going to the next step of bloodshed.
Both sides are eager for bloodshed. The Left wants its utopia. Members here do. There was a post from one of the usual suspects longing for a world where there was no bigotry, meaning that no one would disagree with him or her.

And the Right? Mostly we want to be left alone. But the Left will have none of that. So let's say we have agreed to rebel. What would a rebellion look like?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 12:56 PM

Democrats have already decided who the enemy is: Traditional American values

And they've been waging a war on them for decades.

How people will respond, I have no idea.

But if the history of overly consolidated governments is any indication, her election could portend instability, as could Trump's.

Safety
04-22-2016, 12:59 PM
"A blogtalkradio program associated with the Black Lives Matter movement spewed racist hate and called for a race war"

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/black-lives-matter-radio-host-calls-race-war-cop-killing

Reckon the fringe on either side speak for anybody but the loony fringe ??

The Oath Keepers are a loony fringe group?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:01 PM
https://desolationofblog.files.wordpress.com/2015/04/wolverines-e1429896256347.png

Anti-government "rebel" fantasy scenarios are very popular among many individuals and groups who feel marginalized, abused or taken advantage of. Ironically, a lot of it comes from those who also claim to value "law and order" and the Constitution. Wanting your own way all the time and throwing a temper tantrum and/or threatening violence when you don't get it is juvenile, moronic and un-American.

If a person feels marginalized, it's often because they are marginalized in some way. That goes for OWS protesters, BLM protesters, and Oath Keepers alike. Most Americans, in fact, feel marginalized by the US political system, so there is nothing terribly abnormal about how some Oath Keepers feel. Yet you mock them, call them "un-American" (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean), and demean their aspirations for a less intrusive government. Why?

Cigar
04-22-2016, 01:03 PM
If a person feels marginalized, it's often because they are marginalized in some way. That goes for OWS protesters, BLM protesters, and Oath Keepers alike. Most Americans, in fact, feel marginalized by the US political system, so there is nothing terribly abnormal about how some Oath Keepers feel. Yet you mock them, call them "un-American" (whatever the hell that is supposed to mean), and demean their aspirations for a less intrusive government. Why?

The Oath Keepers should get in line ... over being marginalized :rollseyes:

They can drive two blocks or walk through stores without being follow :laugh:

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:03 PM
Only black and brown people are allowed to protest, make angry, inflammatory statements and engage in civil disobedience. They are heroes of democracy.

But when white guys do the same thing, they are dangerous terrorists who are mentally unstable.

Standard Democrat hypocrisy.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:05 PM
The Oath Keepers should get in line ... over being marginalized :rollseyes:

They can drive two blocks or walk through stores without being follow :laugh:

Right, I forgot. Only black people can be marginalized in America. Thanks for reminding me.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Only black and brown people are allowed to protest, make angry, inflammatory statements and engage in civil disobedience. They are heroes of democracy.

But when white guys do the same thing, they are dangerous terrorists who are mentally unstable.

Standard Democrat hypocrisy.

^ Can't see the difference between marching in a protest and an armed takeover of federal property.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:09 PM
OWS squats in NYC for months, calling for the abolition of capitalism, costing local taxpayers piles of money, obstructing local commerce, and they are the heroes of Democracy.

BLM occupies Chicago, intimidating their political opponents, starting fights, obstructing traffic, and they are the heroes of Democracy.

Some white guy from Oath Keepers says there MIGHT be a "civil war" if Hillary Clinton is elected and Democrats soil themselves.

Mister D
04-22-2016, 01:10 PM
OWS squats in NYC for months, calling for the abolition of capitalism, costing local taxpayers piles of money, obstructing local commerce, and they are the heroes of Democracy.

BLM occupies Chicago, intimidating their political opponents, starting fights, obstructing traffic, and they are the heroes of Democracy.

Some white guy from Oath Keepers says there MIGHT be a "civil war" if Hillary Clinton is elected and Democrats soil themselves.

Yeah, pretty much. :laugh: Captain hypocrisy should be here soon. Safety

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:12 PM
^ Can't see the difference between marching in a protest and an armed takeover of federal property.

OWS squatted in NYC for months, obstructing local traffic and commerce, causing massive amounts of property damage which cost local taxpayers a hefty sum, all while calling for the abolition of capitalism. But they didn't have any evil guns, so it's different, somehow.

domer76
04-22-2016, 01:16 PM
Both sides are eager for bloodshed. The Left wants its utopia. Members here do. There was a post from one of the usual suspects longing for a world where there was no bigotry, meaning that no one would disagree with him or her.

And the Right? Mostly we want to be left alone. But the Left will have none of that. So let's say we have agreed to rebel. What would a rebellion look like?

Blood in the streets I tells ya'

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:19 PM
OWS squatted in NYC for months, obstructing local traffic and commerce, causing massive amounts of property damage which cost local taxpayers a hefty sum, all while calling for the abolition of capitalism. But they didn't have any evil guns, so it's different, somehow.

Yeah gee, somehow....

I don't think guns are evil by the way. I own guns. I'm just not a hysterical idiot. Not to mention the fact I never supported occupy.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:23 PM
Yeah gee, somehow....

Yup, somehow the presence of a firearm turns an otherwise legitimate act of protest or civil disobedience into an evil plot. Somehow...

I don't think guns are evil by the way.

Right, you just think their mere presence is enough to transform a protest or an act of civil disobedience into a terrifying and evil plot.

I own guns.

And Donald Trump has friends who are Muslims.

I'm just not a hysterical idiot.

Sure you aren't.

Not to mention the fact I never supported occupy.

Why not?

domer76
04-22-2016, 01:24 PM
Democrats have already decided who the enemy is: Traditional American values

And they've been waging a war on them for decades.

How people will respond, I have no idea.

But if the history of overly consolidated governments is any indication, her election could portend instability, as could Trump's.

Traditional American values? What the fuck are those? Ozzie and Harriet bullshit?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:28 PM
Traditional American values? What the $#@! are those? Ozzie and Harriet bull$#@!?

Limited government, free markets, liberty, all the things Democrats hate.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 01:30 PM
I believe it will begin with selected assassinations. Governors. Judges. Heads of Independent Agencies. I could see attacks on the electrical grid to power down federal buildings under the control of fascist organizations like the EPA and the (in)Justice Department. I could even see selected killings of prominent Leftists in the beginning.

So yes, there will be some blood in the streets.

Common Sense
Yup, somehow the presence of a firearm turns an otherwise legitimate act of protest or civil disobedience into an evil plot. Somehow...

Right, you just think their mere presence is enough to transform a protest or an act of civil disobedience into a terrifying and evil plot.

Again, I never said anything about evil or a plot. I simply think it's stupidity. Particularly when coupled with statements like they're going to have to kill us. It becomes more than civil disobedience, it becomes provocation.

And Donald Trump has friends who are Muslims.

really? who?

Sure you aren't.

That's correct.

Why not?

Because much like these Bundy idiots, they are naive and hysterical.

Common Sense
I believe it will begin with selected assassinations. Governors. Judges. Heads of Independent Agencies. I could see attacks on the electrical grid to power down federal buildings under the control of fascist organizations like the EPA and the (in)Justice Department. I could even see selected killings of prominent Leftists in the beginning.

Terrorism, you mean.

Cigar
04-22-2016, 01:31 PM
Right, I forgot. Only black people can be marginalized in America. Thanks for reminding me.

Is that what I wrote or was that your interpretation? :rollseyes:

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:32 PM

I don't think that because they value "law and order" but are feeling marginalized, abused or taken advantage of (because of slights against the Constitution) is hypocrisy.

P.S. The Wolverines organized due to a foreign invasion...not a civil war...

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Terrorism, you mean.
Rebellion fights a legitimate enemy. Terrorism kills the innocent for political impact. The winner will get to decide how to write the history.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Rebellion fights a legitimate enemy. Terrorism kills the innocent for political impact. The winner will get to decide how to write the history.

So terrorism it is. Cheers.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 01:34 PM
You have no stake in the outcome, do you? Cheers.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:34 PM

lawl

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 01:35 PM
"What would it look like?"?

http://www.truthrevolt.org/sites/default/files/styles/content_full_width/public/field/image/articles/militia_members.jpg?itok=IGj3JOO7

Ed from Kinkos and Bob from Jiffy Lube take a break from searching the woods for Communists.

http://www.stillscenes.com/Galleries/News-Photos/a3-michigan-militia/photos/michigan_militia_final_24.jpg

The General and his staff review the troops before heading to Luby's for lunch.

http://olegvolk.net/gallery/d/45185-2/swiss_militia_P32_9886.jpg

Young rebels displaying Kansas gang signs.

Seriously, what would "it" look like? Well, since what is being discussed - apparently - is people being murdered for their beliefs, it would most likely resemble what "it", in fact" is: criminal behavior. "It" would look like individuals believing that they are above the law and are free to act out their violent fantasies in whatever way they choose and play the Patriot Card when they are caught.

:smiley-char092:

Cigar
04-22-2016, 01:35 PM

The one with the Biggest Guns will do the writing ...

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:36 PM
Traditional American values? What the fuck are those? Ozzie and Harriet bullshit?

Another failure of an American...doesn't even know what the foundation of this country was about...

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 01:37 PM

In a word - Terrorism.

Nice dream.

Private Pickle

That's what you believe and wrote...

Cigar

http://www.truthrevolt.org/sites/default/files/styles/content_full_width/public/field/image/articles/militia_members.jpg?itok=IGj3JOO7

Ed from Kinkos and Bob from Jiffy Lube take a break from searching the woods for Communists.

http://www.stillscenes.com/Galleries/News-Photos/a3-michigan-militia/photos/michigan_militia_final_24.jpg

Seriously, what would "it" look like? Well, since what is being discussed - apparently - is people being murdered for their beliefs, it would most likely resemble what "it", in fact" is: criminal behavior. "It" would look like individuals believing that they are above the law and are free to act out their violent fantasies in whatever way they choose and play the Patriot Card when they are caught.

I'd give those boys 30 minutes tops on a Chicago West Side.

Mister D
04-22-2016, 01:38 PM
What is it with Wolf's contempt for working class people?

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:38 PM

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:39 PM
You have no stake in the outcome, do you? Cheers.

You don't think I have a stake in an armed insurrection in the US? You think the US exists on a planet by itself?

Not to mention all my friends and family that live there.

If you want this bloody rebellion so much, get out there and put your money where your mouth is.

Private Pickle
In a word - Terrorism.

Nice dream.

To you. To others it's a fight for liberty.

Ethereal
Again, I never said anything about evil or a plot. I simply think it's stupidity. Particularly when coupled with statements like they're going to have to kill us. It becomes more than civil disobedience, it becomes provocation.

If it's "simply stupidity", then why do you find it so concerning? Do you typically respond that way to stupidity?

really? who?

He says he has them just like you say you have guns. I believe you both even though I cannot verify either of your claims.

Because much like these Bundy idiots, they are naive and hysterical.

Why are they naive and hysterical?

Standing Wolf
P.S. The Wolverines organized due to a foreign invasion...not a civil war...

Yeah, I know. The overly serious, unnecessarily dramatic image does carry over into the Right-wing fantasies, however.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:41 PM

Maybe if you would just have the guts to come out say exactly what you mean instead of being coy and suggestive, then people wouldn't have to interpret what you mean when you say such things.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:41 PM
If it's "simply stupidity", then why do you find it so concerning? Do you typically respond that way to stupidity?

If it's dangerous stupidity, then yes. Wouldn't it be stupid if you gave a coked and loaded gun to a two year old?

He says he has them just like you say you have guns. I believe you both even though I cannot verify either of your claims.

I could care less if you believe me or not.

Why are they naive and hysterical?

Probably a lack of critical thinking skills. Poor parenting. I don't know.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:43 PM
If these weekend warrior types didn't start something when a black man was elected, I don't think Hillary will be the trigger.

Besides, most of them are all talk anyway.

MisterVeritis

Rebels come in all shapes and sizes. They always have. We agree, the beginning of a rebellion would be indistinguishable from criminal behavior. You will not be able to tell when the rebellion has begun.

Does it matter if some of the foot soldiers are caught? If the head of the IRS or the EPA is executed will it matter if the assassins are captured? If a lawless governor, attempting to ensure a democratic vote by lawlessly deciding that felons can vote, is killed will it make any difference if the one who killed him is captured? To you, it will look like just another senseless act of violence.

The beginning of a rebellion will not see platoon and company-sized military units. I believe it will consist of very small cells attacking individuals that advance the left's political agenda.

Ethereal

Terrorism is probably the most meaningless, ill-defined, tortured word in existence. It typically means "things I don't like" by the person who is using it.

Mister D
04-22-2016, 01:44 PM
Terrorism is probably the most meaningless, ill-defined, tortured word in existence. It typically means "things I don't like" by the person who is using it.

Good point. We can add that to racism and fascism.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:44 PM

Sounds like the exact same argument monarchists and loyalists used against the founding fathers.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 01:45 PM
The one with the Biggest Guns will do the writing ...
It will be the ones with the winning guns. Nice try, though.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I know. The overly serious, unnecessarily dramatic image does carry over into the Right-wing fantasies, however.

LOL No it doesn't. Despite popular belief not every right winger wants a civil war just like not all left wingers want to ban guns. Hyperbole.

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 01:47 PM
What is it with Wolf's contempt for working class people?

Nothing of the sort. I simply find it humorous and more than a little sad when people fantasize about being soldiers and underground patriots battling a tyrannical power, and giving themselves and one another rank, status and medals that they could never have attained in a genuine, real life military organization. (Instead of "Kinkos" and "Jiffy Lube", would it have been better if I'd written "Goldman Sachs" or "the law firm"?)

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:48 PM
Sounds like the exact same argument monarchists and loyalists used against the founding fathers.

Exactly! A bunch of inbred bumpkins that don't know any better and should prostrate themselves at the feet of the crown because God said so...

Dismissing them as such is the wrong call...

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:49 PM
If it's dangerous stupidity, then yes.

If it's "dangerous stupidity", then it's not "simply stupidity", is it?

And if it's "dangerous stupidity", then I go back to my original point. You believe the mere presence of a firearm somehow makes something "dangerous" and worthy of serious concern.

Are you sure you're not hysterical?

Wouldn't it be stupid if you gave a coked and loaded gun to a two year old?

Except we're talking about adults, not children.

I could care less if you believe me or not.

It's "I couldn't care less", and your ownership of guns proves nothing about the rationality of your viewpoints concerning guns.

Probably a lack of critical thinking skills. Poor parenting. I don't know.

You don't know. But you have a strong feeling about it just the same.

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 01:49 PM
One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter...

True enough. When someone advocates killing judges, politicians and other public officials in cold blood and blowing up public utilities, I know which one to call them. Do you?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:50 PM
If these weekend warrior types didn't start something when a black man was elected, I don't think Hillary will be the trigger.

Then there is no cause for concern.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 01:52 PM
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen. (http://coloradofrontrangemilitia.com/testimonial-view/testimonial-1/)
- Samual Adams, debates of 1776

Ethereal
Nothing of the sort. I simply find it humorous and more than a little sad when people fantasize about being soldiers and underground patriots battling a tyrannical power, and giving themselves and one another rank, status and medals that they could never have attained in a genuine, real life military organization. (Instead of "Kinkos" and "Jiffy Lube", would it have been better if I'd written "Goldman Sachs" or "the law firm"?)

Lots of veterans are part of the Oath Keepers and the broader militia movement.

Standing Wolf
To you. To others it's a fight for liberty.

So, if someone believes that the possibility of Donald Trump or Ted Cruz becoming the President is a threat to their liberty or the liberty of others, it would be permissible, to your way of thinking, for that person to assassinate one or both of those individuals to prevent it from happening?

Mister D
04-22-2016, 01:53 PM

No, Kinkos and Jiffy Lube got your disdain across rather nicely. Hey, maybe they wear name tags to work. :wink:

Ethereal
Exactly! A bunch of inbred bumpkins that don't know any better and should prostrate themselves at the feet of the crown because God said so...

Dismissing them as such is the wrong call...

I love how "anti-government" sentiment has somehow become "anti-American". Because this country was founded on a love of government authority, didn't you know?

Ethereal
True enough. When someone advocates killing judges, politicians and other public officials in cold blood and blowing up public utilities, I know which one to call them. Do you?

Who has advocated that?

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 01:54 PM
You don't think I have a stake in an armed insurrection in the US? You think the US exists on a planet by itself? Not to mention all my friends and family that live there. If you want this bloody rebellion so much, get out there and put your money where your mouth is.It seems to me that the leftists are the ones pushing and goading people on the Right into rebellion. At some point, you shall have it. As for you, you will remain safe in Canada.

I can see how a rebellion is likely to be carried out once it starts. When the rebellion comes I know which side I will be on. And I know which side all of the leftists will be on. My preference is for a Trump presidency for eight years. He can stop the damage done by the Left and possibly even begin to reverse the worst of it. I will die sometime in the next 35 years and hope to have my life lived without war. But if war must come, let it come.

Private Pickle

Well I don't know.

Are those judges, politicians and public officials condoning a police State and trampling on the liberties of Americans? If so, their killings wouldn't be "in cold blood".

Common Sense
Then there is no cause for concern.

Most likely there isn't. But I did say "most".

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Rebels come in all shapes and sizes. They always have. We agree, the beginning of a rebellion would be indistinguishable for criminal behavior. You will not be able to tell when the rebellion has begun.

Does it matter if some of the foot soldiers are caught? If the head of the IRS or the EPA is executed will it matter if the assassins are captured? If a lawless governor, attempting to ensure a democratic vote by lawlessly deciding that felons can vote, is killed will it make any difference if the one who killed him is captured? To you, it will look like just another senseless act of violence.

The beginning of a rebellion will not see platoon and company-sized military units. I believe it will consist of very small cells attacking individuals that advance the left's political agenda.

There's a name for the sort of country that would inevitably emerge from enough of that kind of activity.

Somalia.

Looking forward to that, are you?

Mister D
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM

The standards of the US Military have ensured a great many radicals, gang members and sundry sorts have received military training on the taxpayers dime.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 01:56 PM
It seems to me that the leftists are the ones pushing and goading people on the Right into rebellion. At some point, you shall have it. As for you, you will remain safe in Canada.

I can see how a rebellion is likely to be carried out once it starts. When the rebellion comes I know which side I will be on. And I know which side all of the leftists will be on. My preference is for a Trump presidency for eight years. He can stop the damage done by the Left and possibly even begin to reverse the worst of it. I will die sometime in the next 35 years and hope to have my life lived without war. But if war must come, let it come.

No one is pushing anyone to rebel.

Safe in Canada perhaps, but a US civil war would plunge our economies in chaos.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 01:58 PM
There's a name for the sort of country that would inevitably emerge from enough of that kind of activity.

Somalia.

Somalia has a central government. They've had one for decades. It's located in Mogadishu. Facts are important.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:00 PM
In your opinion, who is advocating killing judges, politicians and other public officials? Who is advocating blowing up public utilities?

Blowing up a public utility is not the likely method. Small arms fire and cyber attacks on electrical substations are the more likely methods.

Standing Wolf
LOL No it doesn't. Despite popular belief not every right winger wants a civil war just like not all left wingers want to ban guns. Hyperbole.

You're reading into my words what you want to see, apparently. I wrote that the "Wolverines!" image carries over into Right-wing fantasies; I never wrote, nor did I ever mean to imply, that all Conservatives have those fantasies.

Mister D
Somalia has a central government. They've had one for decades. It's located in Mogadishu. Facts are important.

Somalia and Stormfront are progressive buzz words.

Ethereal
No one is pushing anyone to rebel.

I'm sure the British said the same thing about the American revolution.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:01 PM
So, if someone believes that the possibility of Donald Trump or Ted Cruz becoming the President is a threat to their liberty or the liberty of others, it would be permissible, to your way of thinking, for that person to assassinate one or both of those individuals to prevent it from happening?
Why do you confuse what may occur with what is permissible?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:03 PM
Ordinary people with guns who harbored "anti-government" sentiment were called "patriots" during the American revolution.

Now they're terrorists, criminals, anti-American... :rollseyes:

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:05 PM
There's a name for the sort of country that would inevitably emerge from enough of that kind of activity.Somalia.Looking forward to that, are you?A more apt name is the United States of America. Are you unfamiliar with our early history? It was begun with a rebellion after the colonists were harassed and goaded for decades.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:06 PM
No one is pushing anyone to rebel. Safe in Canada perhaps, but a US civil war would plunge our economies in chaos.Leftists have been pushing the ordinary citizens into a rebellion for fifty years.

Standing Wolf
04-22-2016, 02:07 PM

Despite my use of some of the funnier photos that I found of their activities to make a point, I actually do not have a problem with militia members - at least not with the ones who don't commit crimes, don't blow s**t up on public lands, and that sort of thing. I fully support their legal activities, as I supported the Minutemen when they went down to the border with Mexico some years ago. Most such groups have no plans, I'm sure, to assassinate public officials or to commit any of the other crimes some of this board's members apparently feel are justified...so if I've posted anything that could be construed as making that connection, I apologize.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:07 PM
Somalia and Stormfront are progressive buzz words.

Where would they be without their buzzwords?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Despite my use of some of the funnier photos that I found of their activities to make a point, I actually do not have a problem with militia members - at least not with the ones who don't commit crimes, don't blow s**t up on public lands, and that sort of thing. I fully support their legal activities, as I supported the Minutemen when they went down to the border with Mexico some years ago. Most such groups have no plans, I'm sure, to assassinate public officials or to commit any of the other crimes some of this board's members apparently feel are justified...so if I've posted anything that could be construed as making that connection, I apologize.

People are only talking about hypothetical scenarios. Nobody is advocating or condoning anything in actuality.

But how do you reconcile your viewpoints on rebellion with the history of this country? Were American revolutionaries patriots or criminals?

Safety
04-22-2016, 02:10 PM
Yeah, pretty much. :laugh: Captain hypocrisy should be here soon. Safety

LoL. Don't be mad.

Cigar
Maybe if you would just have the guts to come out say exactly what you mean instead of being coy and suggestive, then people wouldn't have to interpret what you mean when you say such things.

What wrote is what I meant :laugh:

Standing Wolf
Who has advocated that?

Read MisterVeritis' contributions to this thread. I don't believe I'm exaggerating when I say that his posts sound as though the prospect of killing judges, etc, is getting him...well...excited.

Common Sense
I'm sure the British said the same thing about the American revolution.

That's some of the hysteria I was referring to.

The US is a representative democracy at the federal, state and local level. Flawed as it is, comparing it to rule by a monarch thousands of miles away is hyperbolic.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:11 PM
What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms.
--Thomas Jefferson

Bloody terrorist!

Common Sense
Leftists have been pushing the ordinary citizens into a rebellion for fifty years.

Well what are you waiting for?

Standing Wolf
Well I don't know.

Are those judges, politicians and public officials condoning a police State and trampling on the liberties of Americans? If so, their killings wouldn't be "in cold blood".

Weasel words.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:12 PM
What wrote is what I meant :laugh:

It seems you meant that white people are not allowed to talk about being marginalized. If you meant something else, then feel free to clarify.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM
Read MisterVeritis' contributions to this thread. I don't believe I'm exaggerating when I say that his posts sound as though the prospect of killing judges, etc, is getting him...well...excited.

He's talking about a hypothetical scenario where a rebellion has begun, not an actual plan.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:13 PM

It would be permissible to that man and whomever else supported his assassination.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:15 PM
I love how "anti-government" sentiment has somehow become "anti-American". Because this country was founded on a love of government authority, didn't you know?

It's a Democrat premise. If you're anti-government and that government provides for the wellbeing of Americans well then you must be anti-American.

We've fallen a long way from our roots.

Cigar
It seems you meant that white people are not allowed to talk about being marginalized. If you meant something else, then feel free to clarify.

I never said that, what I said is for them to get The F'ck in line ... and no Cutting ... :wink:

People have been waiting for a lot longer.

Private Pickle
You're reading into my words what you want to see, apparently. I wrote that the "Wolverines!" image carries over into Right-wing fantasies; I never wrote, nor did I ever mean to imply, that all Conservatives have those fantasies.

OK... Just like a picture of Stalin or the Chinese Flag carries over into left-wing fantasies?

I'm with you.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:16 PM
I never said that, what I said is for them to get The F'ck in line ... and no Cutting ... :wink:

lol

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:16 PM
LOL. I spent about one-half of my working adult life as an intelligence officer. I studied small wars extensively and still retain at least a dozen historical reference books on rebellions, insurrections, secret wars and the like. Rebellions are different from civil wars.

I described the way a rebellion would look to the populace before the rebellion was made public through agitation and propaganda. I do so to dispel the foolish belief of many, mostly on the Left, who think they, and their government masters, would know that a rebellion has begun. By the time the rebellion is obvious it is very late in the beginning stages.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:19 PM
Well what are you waiting for?Rebellions, like other social movements, contain their own timing. Our first rebellion had a preparation time measured in many long years after decades of goading. This rebellion shall be no different.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:20 PM
Weasel words.

Huh? So I take it by this response that if the government, judges and or public officials said you no longer have rights protected under the Constitution you would simply shrug it off and say "well I don't like it but it's the law so....derp..."?

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 02:21 PM
Rebellions, like other social movements, contain their own timing. Our first rebellion had a preparation time measured in many long years after decades of goading. This rebellion shall be no different.

What rebellion? The one you're going to wage from your desk chair?

Scary!

del
04-22-2016, 02:23 PM
moar drama, please

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:24 PM
That's some of the hysteria I was referring to.

The US is a representative democracy at the federal, state and local level. Flawed as it is, comparing it to rule by a monarch thousands of miles away is hyperbolic.

The idea that Americans lacked representation in the British government is a myth, much like George Washington chopping down a cherry tree.

Many acts passed by parliament - Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, etc. - were repealed as a result of American protests and demands.

One of the primary objections to the American revolution made by loyalists was that they already had ample representation and that a rebellion was therefore unnecessary. And you should be well aware of this fact, since you live in a country that remained part of the commonwealth instead of rebelling.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:25 PM

Scary!

The Iraqi insurgency anyone? Taxi drivers by day...insurgents by night and look what they did... At the height of their insurgency they were 40,000 strong.

Now if 1% of the American population decided to take part in an American insurgency you are looking at roughly 3 million Americans. That's more than any military on Earth and they are well armed.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:26 PM

There is no line. All people are deserving of liberty and justice.

nic34
Rebellions, like other social movements, contain their own timing. Our first rebellion had a preparation time measured in many long years after decades of goading. This rebellion shall be no different.

Difference is there weren't these back then:

http://a.disquscdn.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/3537/1615/original.jpg?w=600&h

Private Pickle
The idea that Americans lacked representation in the British government is a myth, much like George Washington chopping down a cherry tree.

Many acts passed by parliament - Stamp Act, Townshend Acts, etc. - were repealed as a result of American protests and demands.

One of the primary objections to the American revolution made by loyalists was that they already had ample representation and that a rebellion was therefore unnecessary. And you should be well aware of this fact, since you live in a country that remained part of the commonwealth instead of rebelling.

*snort* lol

domer76
04-22-2016, 02:27 PM
Limited government, free markets, liberty, all the things Democrats hate.

Really? Can you define the feeling of hate?

Liberty? What the fuck are you talking about there, Jethro?

domer76
04-22-2016, 02:27 PM

lol

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:28 PM

They had those in Iraq too but your argument is truly representative of cowardice.

"I'm not going to rebel because the government has helicopters that could kill me. Instead I'll just lick the brown shirt's boots while I show them my papers..."

Ethereal

Had plenty of those in Iraq. Didn't make much difference.

nic34
The Iraqi insurgency anyone? Taxi drivers by day...insurgents by night and look what they did... At the height of their insurgency they were 40,000 strong.

Now if 1% of the American population decided to take part in an American insurgency you are looking at roughly 3 million Americans. That's more than any military on Earth and they are well armed.

Will you be ready to start killing your own family?

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:29 PM
There is no line. All people are deserving of liberty and justice.

Isn't it interesting how the entitled always want their entitlements before those of others regardless of necessity?

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:30 PM

LOL I love the emotional string pulling but if my own family was an instrument of oppression than its an easy call...

War is hell.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:31 PM
*snort* lol

It's not meant as an insult. It's just a fact. Canadians, by and large, did not feel an acute lack of "representation" in Britain, nor did many loyalists living in America. The idea that the American revolution was fought primarily over matters of "representation" is wildly exaggerated.

domer76
Another failure of an American...doesn't even know what the foundation of this country was about...

Foundation of the country? Those motherfuckers (literally) owned slaves!

Do you have a fucking clue of what you're talking about?

MisterVeritis

Scary!
When the time comes, I predict that you will be one of the many who wondered what happened.

Cigar
Had plenty of those in Iraq. Didn't make much difference.

It sure did to those who are no longer a threat :grin:

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:33 PM
It's not meant as an insult. It's just a fact. Canadians, by and large, did not feel an acute lack of "representation" in Britain, nor did many loyalists living in America. The idea that the American revolution was fought primarily over matters of "representation" is wildly exaggerated.

I know but when I look at Canadians today the clear cultural differences make sense despite the close geographic proximity.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:33 PM
Really? Can you define the feeling of hate?

Liberty? What the $#@! are you talking about there, Jethro?

"Of liberty I would say that, in the whole plenitude of its extent, it is unobstructed action according to our will. But rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law,' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the right of an individual." --Thomas Jefferson to Isaac H. Tiffany, 1819.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 02:34 PM
I know but when I look at Canadians today the clear cultural differences make sense despite the close geographic proximity.

What sort of cultural differences? I know we do have differences, I'm just curious what you think they are.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:34 PM

Meanwhile in Iraq...

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:35 PM
What sort of cultural differences? I know we do have differences, I'm just curious what you think they are.

I'm sure we both have the same ideas...

Cigar
04-22-2016, 02:35 PM
Meanwhile in Iraq...

As long as they're screwing ... we'll never get "the last one"

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:36 PM

Despite those rebellions continue. Armed helicopters are useful, but not sufficient. If they were sufficient Iran and Afghanistan would be completely peaceful.

What do you shoot at? Hit and run tactics are designed to counter obvious military strengths. An armed force of 400,000 are no match for one-tenth their number of armed, resolute patriots fighting to restore their nation.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:36 PM
foundation of the country? Those motherfuckers (literally) owned slaves!

lol

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 02:37 PM
Explain.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:39 PM
Foundation of the country? Those $#@!s (literally) owned slaves!

Some did, some did not. But it's typical for a liberty-hating Marxist like you to associate America's early history exclusively with slavery, as if nothing else existed at the time.

Do you have a $#@!ing clue of what you're talking about?

Do you?

MisterVeritis
Foundation of the country? Those $#@!s (literally) owned slaves!

Do you have a $#@!ing clue of what you're talking about?
Very cool, radical Leftist argument. What else do you have?

Private Pickle
Foundation of the country? Those motherfuckers (literally) owned slaves!

presentism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentism_(literary_and_historical_analysis)), which is a mode of historical analysis in which present-day ideas, such as moral standards, are projected into the past.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:40 PM

And, yet, the insurgency was never defeated and is arguably stronger than ever.

MisterVeritis
Irony.

Private Pickle

Derp.

Who said we needed to get "the last one"?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:43 PM

One of the ironic things about the American revolution is that it arguably resulted in a far more oppressive form of government replacing the old one. Canada is just as free, it not freer, than America is today, despite never having rebelled against the British.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 02:46 PM
One of the ironic things about the American revolution is that it arguably resulted in a far more oppressive form of government replacing the old one. Canada is just as free, it not freer, than America is today, despite never having rebelled against the British.

Debatable. Maybe just as free and perhaps in line with American freedom as we watch our liberties be flushed down the toilet.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 02:48 PM
Debatable. Maybe just as free and perhaps in line with American freedom as we watch our liberties be flushed down the toilet.

They rank higher than the USA on Heritage Foundation's economic freedom index, for example: http://www.heritage.org/index/

domer76
04-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Some did, some did not. But it's typical for a liberty-hating Marxist like you to associate America's early history exclusively with slavery, as if nothing else existed at the time.

Do you?

Liberty-hating Marxist? Holy shit hilarious! Return to your med regimen ASAP. The world is collapsing around you. The end is near

Common Sense

We refer to it as our evolution as opposed to a revolution. One thing that certainly helped was our parliamentary system.

domer76
Very cool, radical Leftist argument. What else do you have?

Radical leftist? Goddam you paranoiacs are amusing!

domer76
04-22-2016, 03:00 PM
presentism (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Presentism_(literary_and_historical_analysis)), which is a mode of historical analysis in which present-day ideas, such as moral standards, are projected into the past.

I don't project into the past, Nancy. That's why I try to bring those of you stuck in the 18th century up to date.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
They rank higher than the USA on Heritage Foundation's economic freedom index, for example: http://www.heritage.org/index/

Due to economic Freedoms more so than individual liberty.

GDP (PPP):

$17.4 trillion
2.4% growth
2.2% 5-year compound annual growth
$54,597 per capita

Unemployment:

6.2%

Inflation (CPI):

1.6%

FDI Inflow:

$92.4 billion

Embed This Data (http://www.heritage.org/index/country/unitedstates#) Americans continue to lose economic freedom. Following declines in seven of the past eight years, the United States this year has equaled its worst score ever in the Index of Economic Freedom. Ratings for labor freedom, business freedom, and fiscal freedom have flagged notably, and the regulatory burden is increasingly costly.

In addition they have Hong Kong at #1. I find the criteria that they are using to define Freedom to be lacking at best.

del
04-22-2016, 03:06 PM
When the time comes, I predict that you will be one of the many who wondered what happened.

https://45.media.tumblr.com/8d325e37bdc11a3876506a825ae842e6/tumblr_mzscf0DQ5o1qcytrro1_500.gif

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 03:07 PM
I don't project into the past, Nancy. That's why I try to bring those of you stuck in the 18th century up to date.

lol

Historian's fallacy (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historian's_fallacy) – occurs when one assumes that decision makers of the past viewed events from the same perspective and having the same information as those subsequently analyzing the decision

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 03:18 PM
Liberty-hating Marxist? Holy $#@! hilarious! Return to your med regimen ASAP. The world is collapsing around you. The end is near

Coming from the guy who is terrified at the thought of people eating food without permission from the government, that is really hilarious.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 03:23 PM
Radical leftist? Goddam you paranoiacs are amusing!It is who you are. I get it. many of you lack self-awareness. I understand that too.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 03:24 PM
https://45.media.tumblr.com/8d325e37bdc11a3876506a825ae842e6/tumblr_mzscf0DQ5o1qcytrro1_500.gif
Del, I think you are.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 03:26 PM
http://images.dailykos.com/images/190962/story_image/ZOMG.jpg?1451499750

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 03:26 PM
We refer to it as our evolution as opposed to a revolution. One thing that certainly helped was our parliamentary system.

I think it shows the importance of "representation" to the American revolution is often exaggerated. Canadians didn't feel a lack of "representation", nor did many American loyalists. It was certainly an issue, but not the only or most important one.

del
04-22-2016, 03:27 PM
Del, I think you are.

thinking isn't what you do best

Ethereal
Radical leftist? Goddam you paranoiacs are amusing!

Nobody expects you to accept the truth. Denial is a Marxist trait.

Cletus

You would lose.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 03:29 PM
thinking isn't what you do best
Imagine that. Thinking is why I earned a very high income. If it is not what I do best I wonder what talent I have overlooked.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 03:29 PM
I think it shows the importance of "representation" to the American revolution is often exaggerated. Canadians didn't feel a lack of "representation", nor did many American loyalists. It was certainly an issue, but not the only or most important one.

Canadians also felt a lack or representation and it had been an issue until Confederation.

I disagree though, the fundamental reason for the revolution was a lack of representation that resulted in taxation to fight British wars.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 03:31 PM

There is nothing novel or modern about your beliefs: Taxation, centralized bureaucracies, subsidies, collectivism, authoritarianism.

These practices and institutions go back to ancient times.

So in the context of human history, the classical liberal values of the eighteenth century are relatively novel and new. You're the one who is hopelessly clinging to the ancient past.

del
04-22-2016, 03:32 PM
Imagine that. Thinking is why I earned a very high income. If it is not what I do best I wonder what talent I have overlooked.

from your posts, i'd say spinning ludicrous fantasies is right up there.

carry on

Cletus
04-22-2016, 03:37 PM

I am thinking it is a good thing the Founders didn't share your view.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Canadians also felt a lack or representation and it had been an issue until Confederation.

Yet they did not rebel.

I disagree though, the fundamental reason for the revolution was a lack of representation that resulted in taxation to fight British wars.

When in the Course of human events, it becomes necessary for one people to dissolve the political bands which have connected them with another, and to assume among the powers of the earth, the separate and equal station to which the Laws of Nature and of Nature's God entitle them, a decent respect to the opinions of mankind requires that they should declare the causes which impel them to the separation.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness.--That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, --That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.--Such has been the patient sufferance of these Colonies; and such is now the necessity which constrains them to alter their former Systems of Government. The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual, uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records, for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise; the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners; refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to their Acts of pretended Legislation:
For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws, and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.
He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his Protection and waging War against us.
He has plundered our seas, ravaged our Coasts, burnt our towns, and destroyed the lives of our people.
He is at this time transporting large Armies of foreign Mercenaries to compleat the works of death, desolation and tyranny, already begun with circumstances of Cruelty & perfidy scarcely paralleled in the most barbarous ages, and totally unworthy the Head of a civilized nation.
He has constrained our fellow Citizens taken Captive on the high Seas to bear Arms against their Country, to become the executioners of their friends and Brethren, or to fall themselves by their Hands.
He has excited domestic insurrections amongst us, and has endeavoured to bring on the inhabitants of our frontiers, the merciless Indian Savages, whose known rule of warfare, is an undistinguished destruction of all ages, sexes and conditions.

In every stage of these Oppressions We have Petitioned for Redress in the most humble terms: Our repeated Petitions have been answered only by repeated injury. A Prince whose character is thus marked by every act which may define a Tyrant, is unfit to be the ruler of a free people.

Nor have We been wanting in attentions to our Brittish brethren. We have warned them from time to time of attempts by their legislature to extend an unwarrantable jurisdiction over us. We have reminded them of the circumstances of our emigration and settlement here. We have appealed to their native justice and magnanimity, and we have conjured them by the ties of our common kindred to disavow these usurpations, which, would inevitably interrupt our connections and correspondence. They too have been deaf to the voice of justice and of consanguinity. We must, therefore, acquiesce in the necessity, which denounces our Separation, and hold them, as we hold the rest of mankind, Enemies in War, in Peace Friends.

We, therefore, the Representatives of the united States of America, in General Congress, Assembled, appealing to the Supreme Judge of the world for the rectitude of our intentions, do, in the Name, and by Authority of the good People of these Colonies, solemnly publish and declare, That these United Colonies are, and of Right ought to be Free and Independent States; that they are Absolved from all Allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the State of Great Britain, is and ought to be totally dissolved; and that as Free and Independent States, they have full Power to levy War, conclude Peace, contract Alliances, establish Commerce, and to do all other Acts and Things which Independent States may of right do. And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor.

The word "tax" appears in the DOI once.

The word "representation" appears in the DOI twice.

The word "consent" appears in it three times.

The word "right" appears in it ten times.

Clearly, then, "representation" was not "the fundamental reason" for the revolution. It was one of several reasons, and it's not even the most important one.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 03:46 PM
from your posts, i'd say spinning ludicrous fantasies is right up there.

carry on
Spinning fantasies requires thinking. I write nonfiction. Maybe I should also consider fiction. Both require thinking. What else do you have in your rather small bag of tricks?

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 03:54 PM
Yet they did not rebel.

The word "tax" appears in the DOI once.

The word "representation" appears in the DOI twice.

The word "consent" appears in it three times.

The word "right" appears in it ten times.

Clearly, then, "representation" was not "the fundamental reason" for the revolution. It was one of several reasons, and it's not even the most important one.

Yet the common theme is a lack of representation.

One of the reasons Canada did not join the rebellion was attacks on Canada by Americans.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Yet the common theme is a lack of representation.

No, it really isn't. The "common theme" is the inalienable RIGHTS of the people. That's why the word "right" appears in the DOI so often. That is why the word "right" appears dozens of times throughout virtually every pamphlet and proclamation the patriot movement produced. It was about the restoration and preservation of their rights. Representation was merely a means to that end.

One of the reasons Canada did not join the rebellion was attacks on Canada by Americans.

The reason they didn't join the rebellion was because they didn't think it was practical or just. They were loyal to the British form of government and felt amply "represented" by it.

domer76
04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
Coming from the guy who is terrified at the thought of people eating food without permission from the government, that is really hilarious.

Right. No reason for food safety regulations in the modern world. Are you as stupid as you portray yourself or do you just do this for the sake of this forum?

You probably don't have indoor plumbing just like the founders. lol

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:02 PM
Right. No reason for food safety regulations in the modern world. Are you as stupid as you portray yourself or do you just do this for the sake of this forum?

Eating food without government permission. How terrifying! Perish the thought!

Cletus
04-22-2016, 04:08 PM

You have got a real hangup about race.

Many, if not most Leftists are like that. They are the most racist faction on the planet.

Cletus
04-22-2016, 04:12 PM

Somalia.

The United States emerged from exactly that kind of activity.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:14 PM
No, it really isn't. The "common theme" is the inalienable RIGHTS of the people. That's why the word "right" appears in the DOI so often. That is why the word "right" appears dozens of times throughout virtually every pamphlet and proclamation the patriot movement produced. It was about the restoration and preservation of their rights. Representation was merely a means to that end.

The reason they didn't join the rebellion was because they didn't think it was practical or just. They were loyal to the British form of government and felt amply "represented" by it.

I guess we can agree to disagree.

There were many loyalists in Canada but there were also sympathizers. The sacking of York by the American troops galvanized Canadians against the Americans.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:15 PM

Many, if not most Leftists are like that. They are the most racist faction on the planet.

Oh, OK...

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:18 PM
I guess we can agree to disagree.

There were many loyalists in Canada but there were also sympathizers. The sacking of York by the American troops galvanized Canadians against the Americans.

You disagree that the central theme of classical liberals generally and American revolutionaries specifically was their natural rights? Really?

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:24 PM
You disagree that the central theme of classical liberals generally and American revolutionaries specifically was their natural rights? Really?

In so much that their natural rights were not being protected by governing themselves, yes.

domer76
04-22-2016, 04:28 PM
Nobody expects you to accept the truth. Denial is a Marxist trait.

Marxist. You conspiratorial, delusional paranoiacs crack me up.

Serious question though. Are you on any psychotic meds? If not, you really should be.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:32 PM

Serious question though. Are you on any psychotic meds? If not, you really should be.

Argumentum ad hominem (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:33 PM
In so much that their natural rights were not being protected by governing themselves, yes.

Wut? lol

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Argumentum ad hominem (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem) – the evasion of the actual topic by directing an attack at your opponent.

Sort of like calling people Marxists who clearly aren't Marxists?

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:34 PM
Wut? lol

Read it slower.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:35 PM

Sorta like two wrongs make a right?

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Read it slower.

Why? It still wouldn't make sense...

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:36 PM
Why? It still wouldn't make sense...

It does. But it's OK that you don't understand it.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:38 PM
It does. But it's OK that you don't understand it.

Yeah I'm fine with just believing you have no idea what you're talking about if you are...

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Ok.... 182 posts.... Are we gonna rumble or what..

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 04:41 PM
Yeah I'm fine with just believing you have no idea what you're talking about if you are...

I'm sorry that you're having trouble understanding English. Language is not everyone's forte.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:45 PM
I'm sorry that you're having trouble understanding English. Language is not everyone's forte.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 04:46 PM
Ok.... 182 posts.... Are we gonna rumble or what..

No. For anything to happen we need either mass unemployment, starvation or a government that infringes to the point of breaking. None of that is going to happen in the foreseeable future.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:52 PM

There is little discernible difference between what you believe and what a Marxist believes.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:55 PM

You think calling someone a Marxist is "sort of like" saying they should be on psychotic medications?

domer76
04-22-2016, 04:55 PM
There is nothing novel or modern about your beliefs: Taxation, centralized bureaucracies, subsidies, collectivism, authoritarianism.

These practices and institutions go back to ancient times.

So in the context of human history, the classical liberal values of the eighteenth century are relatively novel and new. You're the one who is hopelessly clinging to the ancient past.

Isn't it great that you don't have to house soldiers in your home in times of peace? Or that there is that same $20 trigger required for a trial as it was 240 years ago?

Go go take a shit in your outhouse and get back to me, Nancy. Wipe your ass with the Sears catalog, don't wash your hands and make a sandwich for the Jesus-deprived kids in the park

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 04:59 PM
Isn't it great that you don't have to house soldiers in you home in times of peace? Or that there is that same $20 trigger required for a trial as if was 240 years ago?

Go go take a $#@! in your outhouse and get back to me, Nancy

Like I said, there is nothing new or modern about your belief system. Taxation, subsidies, centralized bureaucracies, collectivism, authoritarianism. These practices and institutions date back to ancient times. In comparison, the classical liberal ideals of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries are quite novel.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:01 PM

Food safety is a state issue. Even the States do not have unlimited police and safety powers. This is an overreach.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:06 PM
Some of you are. Some of you are unaware of so much. Those of you who are not Marxists are one of the many other varieties of authoritarian statists. The label simply describes your predominant characteristic. You could be a Marxist, or a National Socialist, an international socialist, a democratic socialist, a liberal, a fascist, a Progressive...or some other kind of statist I have missed.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 05:12 PM
The idea that the state was the final arbiter of right and wrong, that it was the ultimate repository of all legitimate authority in society, is one of the oldest myths in the post-agricultural epoch. As soon as the state emerged, there was no shortage of self-interested sycophants, useful idiots, and slaves to aggrandize and legitimize it no matter how tyrannical it became. And this statist mythology persisted for thousands of years before the classical liberals of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries called it into serious question. Unfortunately, the progress they made appears to have been a momentary deviation away from the historical mean, and we have people like Domer to thank for that.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:20 PM
The idea that the state was the final arbiter of right and wrong, that it was the ultimate repository of all legitimate authority in society, is one of the oldest myths in the post-agricultural epoch. As soon as the state emerged, there was no shortage of self-interested sycophants, useful idiots, and slaves to aggrandize and legitimize it no matter how tyrannical it became. And this statist mythology persisted for thousands of years before the classical liberals of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries called it into serious question. Unfortunately, the progress they made appears to have been a momentary deviation away from the historical mean, and we have people like Domer to thank for that.
Thanks Domer.

Peter1469
04-22-2016, 05:22 PM

A smart domer wouldn't call E stupid.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:23 PM

Thanks Domer!

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:23 PM

English is his 2nd or 3rd language. He doesn't have a first or second

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Some of you are. Some of you are unaware of so much. Those of you who are not Marxists are one of the many other varieties of authoritarian statists. The label simply describes your predominant characteristic. You could be a Marxist, or a National Socialist, an international socialist, a democratic socialist, a liberal, a fascist, a Progressive...or some other kind of statist I have missed.

Republican.

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:24 PM
Food safety is a state issue. Even the States do not have unlimited police and safety powers. This is an overreach.

Other than on top of your head, your point is.....?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 05:26 PM
English is his 2nd or 3rd language. He doesn't have a first or second

Dang, that was so funny my sides are splitting. Really, they are just splitting wide open. Someone, please help me.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:26 PM
Republican.Constitutional Conservative.

Safety
04-22-2016, 05:28 PM

:rofl:

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:29 PM
Other than on top of your head, your point is.....?Was it that difficult for you? Okay, I can help you out. This is an overreach. Is there anything else you need help with? Can I help you find your short bus?

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:29 PM
There is little discernible difference between what you believe and what a Marxist believes.

Priceless!

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:30 PM

Crepitus
04-22-2016, 05:31 PM

Utter bullshit. The right wants to force their beliefs on everyone.

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:32 PM

Damn! Doesn't it just grate your ass to have to drive the speed limit and stop at stop lights?

lol you poor pitiful victim of tyranny!

Safety
04-22-2016, 05:32 PM
You think calling someone a Marxist is "sort of like" saying they should be on psychotic medications?

Yea, names mean different things to different people.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Utter bullshit. The right wants to force their beliefs on everyone.

Politics I understand. Moral and religious beliefs? Those irk the shit out of me.

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:34 PM
Food safety is a state issue. Even the States do not have unlimited police and safety powers. This is an overreach.Was it that difficult for you? Okay, I can help you out. This is an overreach.Is there anything else you need help with? Can I help you find your short bus?

Mr. V at the drive through:

"I'll have one coliform burger to go. Hold the cum sauce."

Crepitus
04-22-2016, 05:37 PM
Politics I understand. Moral and religious beliefs? Those irk the shit out of me.
To be fair the left is guilty of plenty of hypocrisy as well. Both sides need to stop.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:38 PM
To be fair the left is guilty of plenty of hypocrisy as well. Both sides need to stop.

They won't which is why I've taken it upon myself to point the finger at both of them with equal disgust...

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:39 PM

But let's give him a raise!!! Amirite!? lol

Mac-7
04-22-2016, 05:40 PM

The emotion on both sides is very high.

I was not around in russia or Spain during their civil war but I imagine the two sides hated each other every bit as much we we do here in America.

this is not a healthy situation

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:42 PM
Utter bull$#@!. The right wants to force their beliefs on everyone.
LOL. Right. We are forcing women to have to piss and to shower with men in dresses. No? Oh, that is the radical, deviant Left. Your side.

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:42 PM
But let's give him a raise!!! Amirite!? lol

Other than on top of your head, your point is...?

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:43 PM
The emotion on both sides is very high.

I was not around in russia or Spain during their civil war but I imagine the two sides hated each other every bit as much we we do here in America.

this is not a healthy situation
Wars have a way of settling things. An absolute, crushing victory will ensure peace for several generations.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:43 PM
Other than on top of your head, your point is...?

Hypocrisy in the Democrat party.

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 05:44 PM
LOL. Right. We are forcing women to have to piss and to shower with men in dresses. No? Oh, that is the radical, deviant Left. Your side.

What about forcing women to piss on men in the shower if they wear dresses? If they wear pants then just fling some poo at them.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Mr. V at the drive through:"I'll have one coliform burger to go. Hold the cum sauce."Given your penchant for absolute state power over the people, I am not surprised at your inability to recognize the difference between moms providing food for their children and their friends versus a commercial entity where the cooks are disinterested participants. I recognize your limitations even when you cannot.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 05:49 PM
Republican.
You have sounded an uncertain trumpet.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 05:50 PM

Because government rules and regulations magically prevent incompetents and creeps from mishandling food or tampering with it.

domer76
04-22-2016, 05:58 PM
Hypocrisy in the Democrat party.

Still can't get the name of the party correct, can you Nancy?

domer76
04-22-2016, 06:02 PM
Given your penchant for absolute state power over the people, I am not surprised at your inability to recognize the difference between moms providing food for their children and their friends versus a commercial entity where tho cooks are disinterested participants.I recognize your limitations even when you cannot.

Moms providing food for THEIR children is fine. Moms cooking school lunches for hundreds of others is a different matter. Why is that so difficult for you to differentiate?

Dangermouse
04-22-2016, 06:02 PM
The Bundy bunch sent out invites to a revolution, but nobody came except the law. Is it any more likely this time?

domer76
04-22-2016, 06:03 PM
Because government rules and regulations magically prevent incompetents and creeps from mishandling food or tampering with it.

No magic about it, fool. Unlike the magic the moms are trying to back door into the school

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 06:12 PM
Moms providing food for THEIR children is fine. Moms cooking school lunches for hundreds of others is a different matter. Why is that so difficult for you to differentiate?It is lots of moms providing food for lots of their children plus their children's' friends.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 06:15 PM
The Bundy bunch sent out invites to a revolution, but nobody came except the law. Is it any more likely this time?
It depends on many things. Timing matters. If there is widespread belief that the election was stolen and that there will be a continuation of the growing tyranny, perhaps.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:23 PM
Moms providing food for THEIR children is fine. Moms cooking school lunches for hundreds of others is a different matter. Why is that so difficult for you to differentiate?

Members of a community gathering in public and eating together without government permission. The horror. Someone must put a stop to this madness.

domer76
04-22-2016, 06:25 PM
It is lots of moms providing food for lots of their children plus their children's' friends.

Thanks for acknowledging they are cooking school lunches in their private kitchens. Finally, someone acknowledges the truth.

domer76
04-22-2016, 06:26 PM
Members of a community gathering in public and eating together without government permission. The horror. Someone must put a stop to this madness.

"One fecal sandwich with a side of snot to go for E."

Mac-7
04-22-2016, 06:27 PM
What did it look like when obumer buddy bill ayres declared war on America?

Liberals didnt look like the guys in these pictures

Quicksilver
04-22-2016, 06:31 PM
What did it look like when obumer buddy bill ayres declared war on America?

Liberals didnt look like the guys in these pictures

What meds are you on?

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 06:39 PM
Thanks for acknowledging they are cooking school lunches in their private kitchens. Finally, someone acknowledges the truth.
And still, you, being domer, remain unaware.

That is actually pretty sad.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:42 PM
No magic about it, fool. Unlike the magic the moms are trying to back door into the school

You're the one implying something magical about food safety regulations, not me. You seem to believe that these regulations have the magical ability to keep Mr. V's hamburgers free of deadly bacteria and semen. But there are thousands of examples of highly regulated food sources being mishandled and/or tampered with on a regular basis, so there are clearly other significant variables contributing to food safety we must consider and weigh against your beloved "regulations". I ate food in several third world countries where food safety regulations are minimal to nonexistent and I was never harmed. So I know from direct experience and observation that eating safely in such environments is not that difficult. I also know from direct observation and experience that eating in the context of highly regulated systems is not that easy. The unifying theme across both systems is using common sense, which most people do on a daily basis. It's really not that hard to do. And it's not your responsibility or prerogative to assume the role of protector for everyone in society. So there is little to no rational basis for your doctrinaire love of government regulations.

Mac-7
04-22-2016, 06:47 PM
What meds are you on?

Liberals here seem to think war has to be conventional with soldiers wearing uniforms and marching in formation.

but obama buddy bill ayres did not do that when he declared war on America

domer76
04-22-2016, 06:48 PM
And still, you, being domer, remain unaware.

That is actually pretty sad.

Not at all. I went into a fast food place yesterday and everyone handling the food wore gloves. They actually had a certificate of inspection, too. Imagine that. Food safety protocols. Shocker.

Unlike the wipe my ass without washing Jesus brownies.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:50 PM

Almost your entire career was based on being hyper-focused on "food safety" and "bad guys", and the lion's share of the funding for your career came from taxes, so you have a very strong financial incentive to exaggerate the dangers of the former while inflating the importance of the latter. And it's just like I've been saying. Behind every Democrat loyalist is a purely self-interested individual profiting off of the Democrat party's bloated patronage system. It's not really about "safety" or "bad guys" or whatever flimsy pretext they are offering up at the moment. It's all about amassing more power and wealth for themselves.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 06:51 PM
Not at all. I went into a fast food place yesterday and everyone handling the food wore gloves. They actually had a certificate of inspection, too. Imagine that. Food safety protocols. Shocker.Unlike the wipe my ass without washing Jesus brownies.There is a place for regulation and inspections. Clearly commercial food enterprises are such a place. The cooks and all others have no connection to the people they serve. Now imagine Mothers who choose to make their children food. Will they fail to wash their hands? It is unlikely. Add to it the Christian fellowship dimension. Are they disinterested? Of course not. Domer, you are a government loving fool. And that is pretty darned sad.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Not at all. I went into a fast food place yesterday and everyone handling the food wore gloves. They actually had a certificate of inspection, too. Imagine that. Food safety protocols. Shocker.

Do you just assume that if people are wearing gloves or have some kind of government certificate that their food is safe to eat?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:55 PM

And you accuse other posters of being hysterical and paranoid? How comical.

donttread
04-22-2016, 06:57 PM

Do you avoid "covered dish events "and family reunions?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:58 PM

Translation: Without the great Domer feeding at the tax trough and appointing himself your protector, your sandwiches will be full of feces and mucus.

Sounds like your industry had a pretty strong advertising campaign with which to brainwash its employees and the public.

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 06:59 PM
What meds are you on?

What meds are you on?

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 07:01 PM
What meds are you on?

I'm on Naproxin as an anti-inflammatory...yet I still make inflammatory statements.

;)

domer76
04-22-2016, 07:03 PM
You're the one implying something magical about food safety regulations, not me. You seem to believe that these regulations have the magical ability to keep Mr. V's hamburgers free of deadly bacteria and semen. But there are thousands of examples of highly regulated food sources being mishandled and/or tampered with on a regular basis, so there are clearly other significant variables contributing to food safety we must consider and weigh against your beloved "regulations". I ate food in several third world countries where food safety regulations are minimal to nonexistent and I was never harmed. So I know from direct experience and observation that eating safely in such environments is not that difficult. I also know from direct observation and experience that eating in the context of highly regulated systems is not that easy. The unifying theme across both systems is using common sense, which most people do on a daily basis. It's really not that hard to do. And it's not your responsibility or prerogative to assume the role of protector for everyone in society. So there is little to no rational basis for your doctrinaire love of government regulations.

Your pals in 3rd world countries die much younger than us. So spare me your moronic anecdotal bullshit. You're trying to compare your little vacation to serving billions of meals a day. The comparison doesn't wash Rufus.

The point that you morons seem to miss, and apparently lie about, is that their is nothing "magical" about food safety regs. I never claimed that and for you to attribute that to me is a lie.

Whether you like it or not, or even whether they are 100% efficient, the agencies like the FDA, EPA and so on are there to do something you can't do for yourself. Determine what's in your food or water and try to set some minimal guidelines as to its safety and to inspect the establishments that serve you that food.

If you wish to eat at a restaurant that has some maggot infested kitchen that's fine with me. I don't. I want to know that they meet some minimal standards and have at least an occasional inspection.

Now, what can I offer you with that ass-wipe burger?

Ethereal
04-22-2016, 07:04 PM
Do you avoid "covered dish events "and family reunions?

I think a more pertinent question would be: Have you ever eaten food with strangers in a private context before?

I know I have. Usually in a "friend of a friend" capacity. And then there have been times where I've eaten with hordes of "strangers" at college BBQ's and keggers. I guess Domer had no social life and does not have many experiences eating with people he didn't know on a personal basis? Or, more likely, he PROFITS from regulations and taxes and will say just about anything to protect his personal PROFIT.

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 07:05 PM
Your pals in 3rd world countries die much younger than us. So spare me your moronic anecdotal bull$#@!. You're trying to compare your little vacation to serving billions of meals a day. The comparison doesn't wash Rufus.

The point that you morons seem to miss, and apparently lie about, is that their is nothing "magical" about food safety regs. I never claimed that and for you to attribute that to me is a lie.

Whether you like it or not, or even whether they are 100% efficient, the agencies like the FDA, EPA and so on are there to do something you can't do for yourself. Determine what's in your food or water and try to set some minimal guidelines as to its safety and to inspect the establishments that serve you that food.

If you wish to eat at a restaurant that has some maggot infested kitchen that's fine with me. I don't. I want to know that they meet some minimal standards and have at least an occasional inspection.

Now, what can I offer you with that ass-wipe burger?
You are such an angry tax consumer. We should find ways to reduce the non-constitutional independent agencies.

Common Sense
04-22-2016, 07:06 PM
I think a more pertinent question would be: Have you ever eaten food with strangers in a private context before?

I know I have. Usually in a "friend of a friend" capacity. And then there have been times where I've eaten with hordes of "strangers" at college BBQ's and keggers. I guess Domer had no social life and does not have many experiences eating with people he didn't know on a personal basis? Or, more likely, he PROFITS from regulations and taxes and will say just about anything to protect his personal PROFIT.

That's ridiculous. Food safety inspectors and those who work in that field aren't paid on a commission basis.

Food safety protocols are important and have saved countless lives. As has the FDA, building codes and the like.