PDA

View Full Version : Under new Oregon law, all eligible voters are registered unless they opt out

Cigar
04-22-2016, 11:37 AM
Americans are required to register if they want to vote; but as of this week, Oregonians will have to register not to.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-automatic-voter-registration-20150317-story.html

I hope I'm not alone in wishing this was national.

Way to go, Oregon!!!

This should be National - Tick-Tock :grin:

Private Pickle
04-22-2016, 11:45 AM
Ummm.... Don't like it...

FindersKeepers
04-22-2016, 01:11 PM
I don't mind it. But -- what about the people who don't drive or apply for state IDs? Aren't those the ones Democrats have been whining about not being able to vote?

It will keep down voter registration fraud -- like registering dead folks and Disney characters to vote.

But, since it won't help the people who don't have driver's licenses or state IDs, someone will still have to get off their duffs and help those folks register.

Peter1469
04-22-2016, 04:35 PM
I used up my months worth of free articles. Summary please.

donttread
04-22-2016, 07:01 PM
Americans are required to register if they want to vote; but as of this week, Oregonians will have to register not to.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-oregon-automatic-voter-registration-20150317-story.html

Way to go, Oregon!!!

On one hand I like it, but on the other hand if you're not interested enough to register what are the chances you know much about the candidates

MisterVeritis
04-22-2016, 07:02 PM
On one hand I like it, but on the other hand if you're not interested enough to register what are the chances you know much about the candidates
That is easy. If you know nothing you vote the Democrat ticket.

Crepitus
04-22-2016, 08:53 PM
That is easy. If you know nothing you vote the Democrat ticket.
Be serious.

You know they're voting Trump.

SurelySimple
04-25-2016, 09:17 PM

Way to go, Oregon!!!

Now there's an idea that sure would cleans away all those voter suppression laws..........

And just think..... Yall know how them folks in the GOP hate those unnecessary laws.....

An idea like that they would like...

and doing them a favor getting all those silly laws off the books

SurelySimple
04-25-2016, 09:20 PM
I don't mind it. But -- what about the people who don't drive or apply for state IDs? Aren't those the ones Democrats have been whining about not being able to vote?

It will keep down voter registration fraud -- like registering dead folks and Disney characters to vote.

But, since it won't help the people who don't have driver's licenses or state IDs, someone will still have to get off their duffs and help those folks register.

Yup...........Did ya know.......

Donald Duck votes in my election district right here in Florida.........Sure does

FindersKeepers
04-26-2016, 04:00 AM
Yup...........Did ya know.......

Donald Duck votes in my election district right here in Florida.........Sure does

There's a difference between voter fraud and "voter registration" fraud. Google is your friend.