PDA

View Full Version : tPF It's 'Possible' Hillary Clinton Could Be Better President than GOP Pick, Charles Koch

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 03:21 PM
It's 'Possible' Hillary Clinton Could Be Better President than GOP Pick, Charles Koch Says
By Jonathan Karl and Alexander Mallin

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/hillary-clinton-president-gop-pick-charles-koch/story?id=38622141

"It's a nightmare scenario for Republicans, but conservative billionaire Charles Koch (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/koch-brothers.htm) says "it's possible" Hillary Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/whitehouse/hillary-clinton.htm) could make a better president than the remaining candidates in the GOP (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/republican-party.htm) primary."

"Koch, one of the most influential and controversial forces in Republican politics, said in an exclusive interview with ABC News to air Sunday on "This Week" that he believed Bill Clinton (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/us/bill-clinton.htm) was a better president "in some ways" than George W. Bush (http://abcnews.go.com/topics/news/world/george-bush.htm)."

"Clinton responded to Koch's comments Sunday, saying in a tweet she's "not interested in endorsements from people who deny climate science and try to make it harder for people to vote."

=============================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, Hillary is right in not wanting to have any involvement with Koch. She is a person of principle and when the person who wants to endorse her isn't aligned with the elements of her platform it's a No-Go no matter how much money they have. KUDOS to you, Hillary!

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

zelmo1234
04-24-2016, 03:27 PM
I certainly think that is possible as well, because Trump like Reagan is an unknown.

We do know what Hillary would be like and it is safe to say that she would be another terrible President like the last 2, but it is possible that she would be better than Trump.

Ravens Fan
04-24-2016, 03:33 PM
It is possible that I could win the Mega Millions this week too. About the same probability also.

Peter1469
04-24-2016, 03:33 PM
Hillary is such a class act.

"Clinton responded to Koch's comments Sunday, saying in a tweet she's "not interested in endorsements from people who deny climate science and try to make it harder for people to vote."

Chris
04-24-2016, 03:39 PM
Possibly. Trump, like Sanders, is a populist. Clinton is status quo establishment. She's the safer bet.

endorsements from people who deny climate science and try to make it harder for people to vote

Charles Koch Admits Climate Change is Real (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/connor-gibson/charles-koch-admits-clima_b_7153084.html)

Charles Koch on Voter ID and His Supposed Lack of Support for ALEC’s Role in Promoting Such Laws (https://electionlawblog.org/?p=74876)

So Clinton must enjoy his support.

Chris
04-24-2016, 03:42 PM
It's possible and, as Paul Harvey would say, now for the rest of the story:

"It's possible," Koch said, but didn't say whether he could see himself supporting Clinton in the 2016 cycle.

"We would have to believe her actions would be quite different than her rhetoric. Let me put it that way," he said.

@ OP link.

pragmatic
04-24-2016, 03:44 PM
It's 'Possible' Hillary Clinton Could Be Better President than GOP Pick, Charles Koch Says
By Jonathan Karl and Alexander Mallin

http://abcnews.go.com/ThisWeek/hillary-clinton-president-gop-pick-charles-koch/story?id=38622141

=============================
Thanks to ABC News for this report.

Imho, Hillary is right in not wanting to have any involvement with Koch. She is a person of principle and when the person who wants to endorse her isn't aligned with the elements of her platform it's a No-Go no matter how much money they have. KUDOS to you, Hillary!

Agree with Koch. Hillary would not just possibly, but likely be a better choice than Trump. Donald Trump is a charlatan poser/conman who be a disaster as President.

But it's also fun to watch the those on the Left embrace/promote the opinion of Koch. Charles Koch is more commonly portrayed by the Democrats as the evil spawn of Satan.

Btw....it was a good interview with Koch all the way around.

//

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 03:54 PM
Agree with Koch. Hillary would not just possibly, but likely be a better choice than Trump. Donald Trump is a charlatan poser/conman who be a disaster as President.

But it's also fun to watch the those on the Left embrace/promote the opinion of Koch. Charles Koch is more commonly portrayed by the Democrats as the evil spawn of Satan.

Btw....it was a good interview with Koch all the way around.

//
It's obvious that the reason the "left" brought this out is due to the fact that Hillary wants nothing to do with Koch and is distancing herself from him and most of his political views that are not aligned with hers. That is significant and why it should be mentioned. imho.

But yes, he is right about Bill Clinton being a better president than Bush, no doubt about that! And that is certainly also worth mentioning.

Chris
04-24-2016, 04:27 PM
It's obvious that the reason the "left" brought this out is due to the fact that Hillary wants nothing to do with Koch and is distancing herself from him and most of his political views that are not aligned with hers. That is significant and why it should be mentioned. imho.

But yes, he is right about Bill Clinton being a better president than Bush, no doubt about that! And that is certainly also worth mentioning.

TB, she lied when she said he endorsed her and mistook his stance on climate change and voter ID.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2016, 04:31 PM
It's 'Possible' Hillary Clinton Could Be Better President than GOP Pick, Charles Koch
It' also possible that she may be worse than what we have now.

It's possible there's not one candidate this time around who's worth a shit.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2016, 04:36 PM
Possibly. Trump, like Sanders, is a populist. Clinton is status quo establishment. She's the safer bet.

Charles Koch Admits Climate Change is Real (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/connor-gibson/charles-koch-admits-clima_b_7153084.html)

Charles Koch on Voter ID and His Supposed Lack of Support for ALEC’s Role in Promoting Such Laws (https://electionlawblog.org/?p=74876)

So Clinton must enjoy his support.

I agree that She would be more inclined to follow the lead of the political establishment.

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 04:43 PM
TB, she lied when she said he endorsed her and mistook his stance on climate change and voter ID.
Chris, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions in saying that she lied. I don't read it that way. This is what she said.

She is simply not interested in an endorsement from him, if that is indeed what is going down, which many will admit may very well sound like, and that is due to their political differences. It is not saying that he outright endorsed her nor that he didn't. But given the climate on what he said it sure appears that he has some faith in her becoming a good president which is commendable coming from an ultra right-wing person.

Chris
04-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Chris, don't be so quick to jump to conclusions in saying that she lied. I don't read it that way. This is what she said.

She is simply not interested in an endorsement from him, if that is indeed what is going down, which many will admit may very well sound like, and that is due to their political differences. It is not saying that he outright endorsed her nor that he didn't. But given the climate on what he said it sure appears that he has some faith in her becoming a good president which is commendable coming from an ultra right-wing person.

Koch offered not even a hint of endorsement.

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 05:27 PM
When he said things like he did many will perceive that as an endorsement due to the tone of his message. And in effect perception in ones mind points to reality.

Bo-4
04-24-2016, 05:32 PM
LoL!!

:rofl:

Bo-4
04-24-2016, 05:33 PM
It's 'Possible' Hillary Clinton Could Be Better President than GOP Pick, Charles Koch

It' also possible that she may be worse than what we have now.

It's possible there's not one candidate this time around who's worth a shit.

ALSO possible that you're the least informed poster in tPH history! :)

FindersKeepers
04-24-2016, 05:39 PM

Hillary will never have the integrity the Koch's have. Despite liberal smears, the Kochs have done more for this nation than all liberals put together.

CK is saying she might be better because she is actually more conservative (fiscally) than most candidates. And -- she's a war-monger.

AZ Jim
04-24-2016, 05:51 PM
Hillary will never have the integrity the Koch's have. Despite liberal smears, the Kochs have done more for this nation than all liberals put together.

CK is saying she might be better because she is actually more conservative (fiscally) than most candidates. And -- she's a war-monger.OMG!!!!!!! Medics!!!!!

Bo-4
04-24-2016, 05:58 PM
OMG!!!!!!! Medics!!!!!

Too late for a "safe-shot" ,, doubtful that his state allows such a thing.

As his (or her as case may be) buddies have stated -- just wait until he stops twitching and call the meat wagon.

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 05:59 PM
OMG!!!!!!! Medics!!!!!
这些右翼傻瓜将永远不会看清楚由于他们的偏见和党派偏见蒙蔽了双眼 !

AZ Jim
04-24-2016, 06:02 PM
这些右翼傻瓜将永远不会看清楚由于他们的偏见和党派偏见蒙蔽了双眼 !

我聽你的。

TrueBlue
04-24-2016, 06:14 PM
我聽你的。
Ah so!

謝謝你。他們認為他們很聰明和他們的狗狗都不會臭但是他們氣給了他們走了。

Tahuyaman
04-24-2016, 07:17 PM
ALSO possible that you're the least informed poster in tPH history! :)

I thought you said that you were going to put me on ignore?

Tahuyaman
04-24-2016, 07:20 PM

When someone ignores her or doesn't condemn her in explicit detail, the Hillary supporters translate that as an endorsement.

Crepitus
04-24-2016, 07:22 PM
Hillary is such a class act.

Actually, that may be the only thing she's said since the campaign started I don't have an issue with.

Tahuyaman
04-24-2016, 07:33 PM
Actually, that may be the only thing she's said since the campaign started I don't have an issue with.

When did you ever have an issue with anything she's said?

Chris
04-24-2016, 08:16 PM
Ah so!

謝謝你。他們認為他們很聰明和他們的狗狗都不會臭但是他們氣給了他們走了。

Ah so is Japanese. You're using Chinese.

Crepitus
04-24-2016, 09:50 PM
When did you ever have an issue with anything she's said?
Are you kidding me? She's a fucking crook and a tool of wallstreet. Plus she lies like a cheap rug.

del
04-24-2016, 10:07 PM
:rofl:

birddog
04-25-2016, 01:34 AM
It's also possible that a dimocrat would not take Koch out of context, but unlikely.

zelmo1234
04-25-2016, 02:51 AM
If anyone expects Trump to be a conservative, they are mistaken. The only reason that I will vote for him is he destroys the power of the progressives in the GOP. I suspect that some will switch parties and that is fine, get them where they belong.

I also suspect that the parties will join together and take back the authority that they have let the executive branch assume, that never belonged to the President. That is a good thing.

And If he gets really crazy, we may even see the states push back and take back the rights they were granted under the constitution and that would of course be the best thing that could happen.

suds00
04-25-2016, 09:00 AM
based upon his past[and what else an we base it on]donald trump would be a terrible president.hillary might be acceptable

Subdermal
04-25-2016, 09:40 AM
We're all guessing, and we're guessing based upon our political predilections regardless. That makes this topic useless, and the purpose of the topic politically biased.

Safety
04-25-2016, 09:44 AM
If anyone expects Trump to be a conservative, they are mistaken. The only reason that I will vote for him is he destroys the power of the progressives in the GOP. I suspect that some will switch parties and that is fine, get them where they belong.

I also suspect that the parties will join together and take back the authority that they have let the executive branch assume, that never belonged to the President. That is a good thing.

And If he gets really crazy, we may even see the states push back and take back the rights they were granted under the constitution and that would of course be the best thing that could happen.

I thought the Constitution didn't grant rights, just limited the power of the government...

iolo
04-25-2016, 09:47 AM
Clearly, in a normal country, Mrs Clinton would be , with her Zionist and 'market' connections, at the extreme rightwing edge of the respectable Right. Bless Senator McCarthy and gerrymandering for your current plight!

hanger4
04-25-2016, 10:13 AM
Clearly, in a normal country, Mrs Clinton would be , with her Zionist and 'market' connections, at the extreme rightwing edge of the respectable Right. Bless Senator McCarthy and gerrymandering for your current plight!

The Venona Intercepts showed that McCarthy was essentially right and gerrymandering ain't just a Repub thang. Your lack of knowledge on these to simple facts is quite telling. And putting Hillary at the extreme rightwing edge of the respectable Right is funny to say the least.

Bo-4
04-25-2016, 11:08 AM
Timely satire from Andy the Great :D

http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/koch-brothers-consider-purchasing-first-democrat

iolo
04-25-2016, 02:08 PM
The Venona Intercepts showed that McCarthy was essentially right and gerrymandering ain't just a Repub thang. Your lack of knowledge on these to simple facts is quite telling. And putting Hillary at the extreme rightwing edge of the respectable Right is funny to say the least.

Depends what you respect, doubtless. You believe, like Senator McCarthy, in restricting political choice to those who say the same thing, which is why you quack like a duck that the other lot are just as bad. On what grounds do YOU regard me as lacking knowledge, child?

hanger4
04-25-2016, 03:05 PM
Depends what you respect, doubtless. You believe, like Senator McCarthy, in restricting political choice to those who say the same thing, which is why you quack like a duck that the other lot are just as bad. On what grounds do YOU regard me as lacking knowledge, child?

Like I said the Venona Intercepts showed that McCarthy was essentially right and gerrymandering ain't just a Repub thang.

iolo
04-26-2016, 06:20 AM
Like I said the Venona Intercepts showed that McCarthy was essentially right and gerrymandering ain't just a Repub thang.

Extreme Right, indeed fascist, but what does that prove about anything real? And gerrymandering is just part of your system, as you know.

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 06:31 AM
Can't anyone else see through Koch's motives for his comment.. HIM saying that Clinton might be acceptable is the kiss of death. It would really turn the Sanders supporters against her.. and give the GOP candidate a better chance. He's not fooling anyone.. He meant that to hurt Clinton not help her..

hanger4
04-26-2016, 06:49 AM
Extreme Right, indeed fascist, but what does that prove about anything real? And gerrymandering is just part of your system, as you know.

I won't argue your right = fascist comment. That horse has been beat down so often it's boring.

If think gerrymandering isn't part of the Dem party then you're a lot less informed than I thought.

FindersKeepers
04-26-2016, 07:00 AM
Can't anyone else see through Koch's motives for his comment.. HIM saying that Clinton might be acceptable is the kiss of death. It would really turn the Sanders supporters against her.. and give the GOP candidate a better chance. He's not fooling anyone.. He meant that to hurt Clinton not help her..

You're wrong -- as always.

Charles Koch has been openly opposing Donald Trump for months.

The Kochs are actually very supporting of women's equality -- who do you think sponsored the only female America's Cup team?

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 07:17 AM
You're wrong -- as always.

Charles Koch has been openly opposing Donald Trump for months.

The Kochs are actually very supporting of women's equality -- who do you think sponsored the only female America's Cup team?

So what... even a broken clock is right twice a day. More than YOU are I may add

FindersKeepers
04-26-2016, 07:52 AM
So what... even a broken clock is right twice a day. More than YOU are I may add

Good, snotty comeback. I'm just pointing out WHY Charles Koch made a favorable comment toward Hillary. There is a large section of the conservative citizenry that feel just as Koch does -- they see Hillary as more of a moderate-conservative. And, she probably is -- problem is -- she just has SOOOOOO much corruption baggage hanging around her neck.

If Hillary and Trump are both in the General -- I think we'll see a lot of cross-party voting for both.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 07:54 AM
You should research Koch philanthropy instead of dropping snark on something you know nothing about.

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 10:00 AM
You should research Koch philanthropy instead of dropping snark on something you know nothing about.

After the Wisconsin Koch and Scott Walker clusterfutch .... I know all I care to know about the Koch brothers.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 10:07 AM
After the Wisconsin Koch and Scott Walker clusterfutch .... I know all I care to know about the Koch brothers.

Thanks for making my point. You know nothing about the Kochs short of what some leftist partisan hack blog tells you.

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 10:46 AM
Thanks for making my point. You know nothing about the Kochs short of what some leftist partisan hack blog tells you.

I believe that YOU know nothing more that what the Right Wing talking heads want to tell you.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 10:53 AM
I believe that YOU know nothing more that what the Right Wing talking heads want to tell you.

But but but you do it too

You've already admitted you know basically nothing about the Kochs, don't make it worse by slinging 3rd grade deflections.

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 03:53 PM

fascists are right of communists. Left of most everyone else.