PDA

View Full Version : End Corporate Person-hood and corporate contribution

juliusaugustus
09-19-2012, 10:26 PM
In my view corporations shouldn't be given the rights of people because they aren't people. Corporations can live forever and can't be punished in the way a person can be. Being non human and having the rights of people gives them special rights that regular people don't have. Under corporate person-hood corporations become super people. I say do away with corporate person-hood and do away with the ability for corporations to contribute money to elections. In my view doing away with those two specific corporate rights would solve a lot of problems with corporations having huge influence on US politics. My view is that corporations making decisions that benefit themselves means they can distort the marketplace for their own good and thus make the market into a form of mercantilism. How do you guys view corporate person-hood and a corporation's ability to contributions?

Captain Obvious
09-19-2012, 10:30 PM
The Wall Street/Washington DC incestuous 69ing is the destruction of modern democracy.

patrickt
09-20-2012, 08:51 AM
Problems always have simple solutions for simple people. Corporations, unions, business associations such as the Trial Lawyers Association, special interest groups such as PETA, and even quasi-governmental entities such as postal unions have free speech rights and rights to support political candidates.

They are not "super-people". What a bizarre concept. Super-people would be government employees, and elected officials, who can be immune to all laws including manslaughter and murder. Super-people would be unions that are exempt from criminal laws and free to enjoy the fruits of extortion. And then there are the community organizers, such as ACORN, who are clearly super-people.

But, Captain Obvious is right there is an incestuous Wall Street/Washington D.C. relationship. And an incestuous Union/Government relationship. It's less 69ing than it is joining forces to make taxpayers bend over and take it. And there is the incestuous Media/Liberal Government relationship. It is hard to keep track with the frequent moving back and forth but I don't think it really matters if Chris Mathews or Paul Krugman are being paid this week by the media or the White House. And don't forget the incestuous special interest groups/government relationships. ACORN gets liberals elected and liberals spend millions for ACORN and their clones.

I wish the world was as simple as the left-wing thinks it is.