PDA

View Full Version : Rhode Island is closing 2/3 of their polling places for tomorrow

Bo-4
04-26-2016, 11:28 AM
Guess they didn't learn from Maricopa County in Arizona.

Idiots

:Doh!:

The Rhode Island Board of Elections has announced that it will open only 144 of Rhode Island’s available 419 polling locations for the upcoming April 26 presidential primary. Officials are reducing the number of sites by two-thirds in an effort to cut costs, according to WPRI (http://wpri.com/2016/04/20/ri-will-only-open-1-in-3-polling-places-for-primary/).

They have apparently not learned from Arizona’s mistakes, where many voters had to wait up to five hours (http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/03/22/arizona-primary-voter-turnout-long-lines/82125816/) in line to vote after the number of available polling locations was reduced from 400 in Maricopa County in 2008 to 200 in 2012, and then further slashed to 60 during this March’s primary fiasco (http://usuncut.com/politics/arizona-election-fraud-hearing-chaos/).

http://usuncut.com/news/rhode-island-primary-locations/

http://static5.businessinsider.com/image/570379e85124c9941b8b456b-506-253/pizza-and-long-lines-arizona-voters-waited-into-wee-hours.jpg

Cigar
04-26-2016, 11:35 AM
I Smell a Rat :grin:

Third World Countries don't have as long Voting Lines.

It's all by design ...

Bo-4
04-26-2016, 11:41 AM

It's all by design ...

I smell a Republican .. well, same thing i guess. :grin:

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 11:42 AM
This "topic" isn't getting any smarter, regardless of how many threads are started on it, guys.

Let me try to explain - again. Yes, it's a bad idea to close a lot of polling places - despite the fact that the taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for partisan primaries in the first place - but Republicans will be standing in the same long lines as Democrats. And even if they weren't, this is not the kind of election where a Republican is running against a Democrat; it's Democrats running against Democrats and Republicans running against Republicans.

Please tell me you understand.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 11:48 AM
This "topic" isn't getting any smarter, regardless of how many threads are started on it, guys.

Let me try to explain - again. Yes, it's a bad idea to close a lot of polling places - despite the fact that the taxpayers shouldn't be footing the bill for partisan primaries in the first place - but Republicans will be standing in the same long lines as Democrats. And even if they weren't, this is not the kind of election where a Republican is running against a Democrat; it's Democrats running against Democrats and Republicans running against Republicans.

Sure I understand that the OLD excuse of, it effects everyone the same ... doesn't fly.

Police Lights Effect everyone the same way also, doesn't mean everyone gets stopped by Police.

WE ALL KNOW that most Poor Minorities don't or in some cases can't utilize basic convinces that many of us take for granted.

... I'll just leave it at that, because we all know what they are.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 11:50 AM
Don't worry, this too has a shelf life ... :wink:

Bo-4
04-26-2016, 11:51 AM

D vs D and R vs R doesn't make it any more right SW.

Not the way a democracy is supposed to work.

Make it easier to vote - not harder.

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
Sure I understand that the OLD excuse of, it effects everyone the same ... doesn't fly.

Police Lights Effect everyone the same way also, doesn't mean everyone gets stopped by Police.

WE ALL KNOW that most Poor Minorities don't or in some cases can't utilize basic convinces that many of us take for granted.

... I'll just leave it at that, because we all know what they are.

C, there are issues about which you and I agree - and that is what makes it painful for me to see you and Bo not only completely misrepresenting this situation, but refusing to acknowledge that you jumped on a particular bandwagon without really thinking it through and are now unwilling to take the honorable way out and admit you were wrong.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
C, there are issues about which you and I agree - and that is what makes it painful for me to see you and Bo not only completely misrepresenting this situation, but refusing to acknowledge that you jumped on a particular bandwagon without really thinking it through and are now unwilling to take the honorable way out and admit you were wrong.

Maybe the real difference between me and you is that I personally know real American Citizens who are getting the Run-Around.

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 12:03 PM
D vs D and R vs R doesn't make it any more right SW.

Not the way a democracy is supposed to work.

Make it easier to vote - not harder.

:geez:

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Maybe the real difference between me and you is that I personally know real American Citizens who are getting the Run-Around.

Keep digging, C.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 12:32 PM

How is this Repub voter suppression Bo-4 ??

Rhode Island governor is a Dem.

House is 63 Dems to 11 Repubs

Senate is 32 Dems to 5 Repubs.

Bo-4
04-26-2016, 12:55 PM
How is this Repub voter suppression @Bo-4 (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=1297) ??

Rhode Island governor is a Dem.

House is 63 Dems to 11 Repubs

Senate is 32 Dems to 5 Repubs.

Didn't suggest it was.. Dems are capable of amazing stupidity too ya know?

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 01:22 PM

Um...yeah. Sometimes that does become obvious, doesn't it?

Cigar
04-26-2016, 01:24 PM
Keep digging, C.

This doesn't matter, it will all take care of it's self soon enough ... it always does. :grin:

Standing Wolf
04-26-2016, 01:33 PM
This doesn't matter, it will all take care of it's self soon enough ... it always does.

No fun posting on a board that isn't an echo chamber, is it?

hanger4
04-26-2016, 01:36 PM

But you did suggest;

It's all by design ...

But I'll defer to your comment;

"Dems are capable of amazing stupidity too ya know?"

as you look in your mirror.

Green Arrow
04-26-2016, 01:45 PM
Shouldn't be a big deal for Rhode Island, all ten of their citizens should be able to vote just fine.

Green Arrow
04-26-2016, 01:46 PM

It's all by design ...

Tell that to your party, RI is controlled by Democrats.

Archer0915
04-26-2016, 01:52 PM

Since 1976 RI has voted republican one time. Sounds like a democratic establishment move.