PDA

View Full Version : Federal Judge Upholds North Carolina Voter ID Law

hanger4
04-26-2016, 11:52 AM
U.S. District Judge Thomas Schroeder ruled against the U.S. Justice Department, the North Carolina NAACP chapter and named voters. They sued alleging the law was passed to discriminate against poor and minority voters in violation of the Constitution and U.S. Voting Rights Act.

The plaintiffs "failed to show that such disparities will have materially adverse effects on the ability of minority voters to cast a ballot and effectively exercise the electoral franchise" as a result of the 2013 state law, Schroeder wrote. That argument was made more difficult after black voter turnout increased in 2014, he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/26/federal-judge-upholds-controversial-north-carolina-voter-id-law.html

Cigar
04-26-2016, 11:58 AM
The same failed tactics didn't prevent a 9.5 Million and 5 Million Vote Ass-Kicking.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
U.S. District Judge Thomas Schroeder ruled against the U.S. Justice Department, the North Carolina NAACP chapter and named voters. They sued alleging the law was passed to discriminate against poor and minority voters in violation of the Constitution and U.S. Voting Rights Act.

The plaintiffs "failed to show that such disparities will have materially adverse effects on the ability of minority voters to cast a ballot and effectively exercise the electoral franchise" as a result of the 2013 state law, Schroeder wrote. That argument was made more difficult after black voter turnout increased in 2014, he wrote.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/26/federal-judge-upholds-controversial-north-carolina-voter-id-law.html

Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centersGeorgia can give state money to "pregnancy resource centers" that offer medical and other services to pregnant women while discouraging them from getting abortions, under legislation signed by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.

The governor signed the bill Tuesday in a private ceremony and didn't release a statement on it.

The sponsor, Sen. Renee Unterman of Buford, called the program a "positive" response to videos released this summer by abortion opponents showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing procedures for obtaining tissue from aborted fetuses for research. A Texas grand jury later cleared the organization of wrongdoing.

Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania have similar programs benefiting pregnancy centers. Opponents say the facilities use deceptive advertising to bring women in but won't discuss all legal options.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/446342ab2fee45f5b2cba8e5d16668e7/georgia-governor-oks-state-funds-anti-abortion-centers

Your Move :grin:

MisterVeritis
04-26-2016, 12:01 PM
The same failed tactics didn't prevent a 9.5 Million and 5 Million Vote Ass-Kicking.
I suppose the Democrats are just going to have to wait a bit longer for their one-party system. Do you think the Democrats have imported enough pliant, dumb, sick, brown people to dilute and supplant the votes of white Americans?

MisterVeritis
04-26-2016, 12:04 PM
Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centers

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/446342ab2fee45f5b2cba8e5d16668e7/georgia-governor-oks-state-funds-anti-abortion-centers

Your Move:grin:
In what way do you believe this addresses a voter's responsibility to prove eligibility before voting?

hanger4
04-26-2016, 12:06 PM

What part of;

"That argument was made more difficult after black voter turnout increased in 2014, he wrote."

didn't you understand Cigar ??

It's the left's argument of voter suppression via voter ID that's failing.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Georgia governor OKs state funds for anti-abortion centersGeorgia can give state money to "pregnancy resource centers" that offer medical and other services to pregnant women while discouraging them from getting abortions, under legislation signed by Republican Gov. Nathan Deal.

The governor signed the bill Tuesday in a private ceremony and didn't release a statement on it.

The sponsor, Sen. Renee Unterman of Buford, called the program a "positive" response to videos released this summer by abortion opponents showing Planned Parenthood officials discussing procedures for obtaining tissue from aborted fetuses for research. A Texas grand jury later cleared the organization of wrongdoing.

Florida, Ohio and Pennsylvania have similar programs benefiting pregnancy centers. Opponents say the facilities use deceptive advertising to bring women in but won't discuss all legal options.

Your Move :grin:

Totally off topic.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 12:16 PM
What part of;

"That argument was made more difficult after black voter turnout increased in 2014, he wrote."

didn't you understand @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) ??

It's the left's argument of voter suppression via voter ID that's failing.

So why is the Right spending so much time and money in court? Hummmmmmm

MisterVeritis
04-26-2016, 12:20 PM
"The Right." Hmm. You mean the states whose laws have been challenged by radical Leftists, I mean Democrats? The states defend their laws in court because it is the right thing to do. Where do the radical leftists, I mean Democrats, get the money to challenge laws that make voter cheating much harder?

Cigar
04-26-2016, 12:23 PM
"The Right." Hmm. You mean the states whose laws have been challenged by radical Leftists, I mean Democrats? The states defend their laws in court because it is the right thing to do. Where do the radical leftists, I mean Democrats, get the money to challenge laws that make voter cheating much harder?

Yes ... The Right :laugh:

MisterVeritis
04-26-2016, 12:29 PM

Yes ... The Right :laugh:
Hmmm. Points:
1) "The Right." Hmm. You mean the states whose laws have been challenged by radical Leftists, I mean Democrats?
2) The states defend their laws in court because it is the right thing to do.
3) Where do the radical leftists, I mean Democrats, get the money to challenge laws that make voter cheating much harder?

I suppose you did the best that you capabilities allow.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 12:41 PM

Who sued NC over it's voter ID law Cigar ??

Cigar
04-26-2016, 12:58 PM
Who sued NC over it's voter ID law @Cigar (http://thepoliticalforums.com/member.php?u=294) ??

People getting restricted from Voting

hanger4
04-26-2016, 01:25 PM
People getting restricted from Voting

The DOJ sued NC Cigar. The "People getting restricted from Voting" aren't being restricted.

Cigar
04-26-2016, 01:28 PM
Pointless argument ... the right doesn't or won't see anything wrong ...

.. and Progressive Left is just waiting it's turn.

hanger4
04-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Pointless argument ... the right doesn't or won't see anything wrong ...

.. and Progressive Left is just waiting it's turn.
As was said;

Seems the only thing being suppressed or restricted is the whole suppressed or restricted argument.

And you're right it is a pointless argument, problem is the left is making up a problem where none exists.