PDA

View Full Version : Hillary Clinton: Half of my Cabinet will be women......

MMC
04-26-2016, 04:47 PM
Democratic frontrunner Hillary Clinton says that if she’s elected president, at least half of her Cabinet will be women. During a town hall hosted by MSNBC (http://on.msnbc.com/1UdveRA) on Monday night, host Rachel Maddow asked Clinton whether she would match a campaign promise Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau made good on earlier this year.

“He promised when he took office that he would have a Cabinet that was 50 percent women, and then he did it,” Maddow said. “Would you make that same pledge?”

“Well, I am going to have a Cabinet that looks like America,” the former secretary of state replied. “And 50 percent of America is women, right?”

President Obama’s Cabinet, of which Clinton was once a member, currently comprises seven women and 16 men (https://www.whitehouse.gov/administration/cabinet).

The Democratic party’s would-be challenger, Republican frontrunner Donald Trump, responded on Fox News, accusing Clinton of pandering to female voters. “The only thing she’s got going is the women card,” Trump said. “We call her ‘Crooked Hillary’ because she’s a crooked person. She’s always been a crooked person.”....snip~

https://www.yahoo.com/news/clinton-half-cabinet-women-142458176.html

As you can see for Hillary it doesn't matter if there are women that can fill half of those positions. Its just about women being half.

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 05:07 PM
So with women being a little over HALF of the US population, you don't believe she can find enough qualified women to fill half her cabinet positions? Interesting... Maybe they can bring her "binders full of women" for her to look over..

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 05:12 PM
She is pandering.

MMC
04-26-2016, 05:18 PM
So with women being a little over HALF of the US population, you don't believe she can find enough qualified women to fill half her cabinet positions? Interesting... Maybe they can bring her "binders full of women" for her to look over..

Which Depts can they fill half now? Who do they have that can step in and take up the reins. As I don't see any of those Demos Senators stepping into fill the void. Nor many Congresswomen. As they do need to hold onto what they have.

MMC
04-26-2016, 05:21 PM
She is pandering.

Hell yeah.....a Townhall with MSDNC and Rachael Maddow. They can make Wall Street bank on that. :laugh:

AZ Jim
04-26-2016, 05:39 PM
She is pandering.You are baiting.

del
04-26-2016, 05:52 PM
she's always pandering

it's what she does

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 06:15 PM
she's always pandering

it's what she does

I don't see how... Face it... girls are just as smart and can do just as well as boys... Didn't you learn that already?

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 06:16 PM
You are baiting.

False. I am saying exactly what I think she is doing.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 06:34 PM
Classic "progress", select participants based on what's between (or not between) their legs and not what's between (or not between) their ears.

This is why major urban cities like Flint and most others are fucking catastrophes, because they're filled with administrators who were chosen because of the color of their skin or their gender and not because of their work ethic and qualifications.

Crepitus
04-26-2016, 06:42 PM
She is pandering.
Of course she is, she's running for office.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 06:47 PM
She is pandering.
She is being sensible. With women always getting the short end of the stick I think this is a great move on Hillary's part to get more women in higher places! That is sorely needed at the moment and should teach men that women are valued just as much as men are in a Clinton Administration.

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 07:21 PM
She is being sensible. With women always getting the short end of the stick I think this is a great move on Hillary's part to get more women in higher places! That is sorely needed at the moment and should teach men that women are valued just as much as men are in a Clinton Administration.

I hope we look at qualifications for the job first and foremost.

JDubya
04-26-2016, 07:30 PM
I say it's about time we passed the reins over to the women.

Let's see what they can do.

Men haven't done such a great job so far.

The Xl
04-26-2016, 07:49 PM
There isn't anything wrong with it theoretically, but practically, we know she's pandering, and we know actual qualifications will come second to hitting this pc quota.

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 07:50 PM

I think everyone believes that. But saying that it would be difficult to find qualified women is nonsense.. We are 50% of the population for Crysake.. Evening out the ratio in her cabinet is fair.. not pandering.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 07:59 PM

Yeah lol, she's such a role model for women.

"Don't worry if your husband is the biggest womanizer and whoremonger in town, if he's wealthy and powerful, stay married to him. Your dignity < your personal success.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:00 PM
I don't have daughters, thank God, but I don't understand how a parent would want Hillary as a role model for their daughters.

"It's ok to be a political whore as long as you're successful at it".

Quicksilver
04-26-2016, 08:09 PM

"Don't worry if your husband is the biggest womanizer and $#@!monger in town, if he's wealthy and powerful, stay married to him. Your dignity < your personal success.

Seriously? This is 2016 not 1950.. Women no longer get their identity from the person they happen to marry.. Nothing Bill has done reflects on Hillary or her qualifications.. To even bring it up is Neanderthal

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:15 PM
Seriously? This is 2016 not 1950.. Women no longer get their identity from the person they happen to marry.. Nothing Bill has done reflects on Hillary or her qualifications.. To even bring it up is Neanderthal

:biglaugh:

Any self-respecting woman with a shred of dignity throws her man to the curb when he's a serial whoremonger.

Except Hillary. She knows where her bread is buttered.

Captain Obvious
So this is 2016.

It's ok to throw your dignity under the bus.

I see why progressives are so popular lately.

Mister D

He said Hillary stayed with Bill because of the political and financial advantages staying with Bill entailed. Yeah, great message. And, yeah, that is a reflection on Hillary Clinton. It says all you ever need to know about her.

Mister D
04-26-2016, 08:17 PM
So this is 2016.

It's ok to throw your dignity under the bus.

I see why progressives are so popular lately.

Feminism is a joke.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:17 PM
He said Hillary stayed with Bill because of the political and financial advantages staying with Bill entailed. Yeah, great message. And, yeah, that is a reflection on Hillary Clinton. It says all you ever need to know about her.

Right but waste of time.

Had Hillary been a Republican these frauds would be all over this issue.

Idiocy/hypocrisy.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Feminism is a joke.

Correct.

With junkhead progressives, "equality" is defined by who you are and who you aren't just like morality/dignity is defined by who you are and who you aren't.

Mister D
04-26-2016, 08:18 PM
Right but waste of time.

Idiocy/hypocrisy.

And that's my only point here. I'm not attacking Hillary the candidate. I'm saying that contemporary feminism is a joke.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 08:22 PM
And when we do there can be no doubt that Hillary, with her sterling record, will come out on top as is right and just.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:24 PM
And when we do there can be no doubt that Hillary, with her sterling record, will come out on top as is right and just.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 08:28 PM

"Don't worry if your husband is the biggest womanizer and whoremonger in town, if he's wealthy and powerful, stay married to him. Your dignity < your personal success.
Trying to tear her down for something she was not responsible for is a losing battle, don't forget! And Hillary is to be commended for staying married as most churches dictate should be done even in the face of adversity.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 08:34 PM
Originally Posted by TrueBlue http://thepoliticalforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://thepoliticalforums.com/showthread.php?p=1529478#post1529478)
"And when we do there can be no doubt that Hillary, with her sterling record, will come out on top as is right and just."

resource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pngresource://youtubeanywhereplayer/icon16.pnghttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSZxmZmBfnU)
No brag. Just FACT. Her great qualifications beat all others hands down.

JDubya
04-26-2016, 08:38 PM

I don't have daughters, thank God, but I don't understand how a parent would want Hillary as a role model for their daughters.

"It's ok to be a political whore as long as you're successful at it".

Any self-respecting woman with a shred of dignity throws her man to the curb when he's a serial whoremonger.

Except Hillary. She knows where her bread is buttered.

Does all that crap still taste just as good to you as it did when it first came out of Rush Limbaugh's ass?

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:39 PM
Trying to tear her down for something she was not responsible for is a losing battle, don't forget! And Hillary is to be commended for staying married as most churches dictate should be done even in the face of adversity.

So if she were married to Bill the grocer...

Yeah, sure

JDubya
04-26-2016, 08:44 PM

Right but waste of time.

Idiocy/hypocrisy.

Correct.

With junkhead progressives, "equality" is defined by who you are and who you aren't just like morality/dignity is defined by who you are and who you aren't.

Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Nancy was the social climbing opportunist, both were adulterers.

JDubya
04-26-2016, 08:46 PM
So if she were married to Bill the grocer...

Yeah, sure

If Ronald Reagan was Ronnie the grocer...

Yeah, sure.

Mister D
04-26-2016, 08:50 PM
Ronald and Nancy Reagan.

Nancy was the social climbing opportunist, both were adulterers.

If anyone portrayed Nancy as a courageous feminist I'd scoff just the same. Again, this isn't an attack on Hillary so much as one on feminists who are, quite frankly, ridiculous.

JDubya
04-26-2016, 08:57 PM
If anyone portrayed Nancy as a courageous feminist I'd scoff just the same. Again, this isn't an attack on Hillary so much as one on feminists who are, quite frankly, ridiculous.

Certainly the hard core ones are.

Not so sure how hard core feminist Hillary is, though the election of the first woman President in history is naturally going to carry with it, feminist overtones. And it's only natural that Hillary would try to appeal to women voters. The whole idea is after all, to win.

If she does, the feminists will certainly be happy about it, but I doubt the feminist agenda will be a slam dunk.

del
04-26-2016, 09:04 PM
i don't think anyone has to worry about hillary defending her core principles

she has none

Mister D
04-26-2016, 09:07 PM
Certainly the hard core ones are.

Not so sure how hard core feminist Hillary is, though the election of the first woman President in history is naturally going to carry with it, feminist overtones. And it's only natural that Hillary would try to appeal to women voters. The whole idea is after all, to win.

If she does, the feminists will certainly be happy about it, but I doubt the feminist agenda will be a slam dunk.

I don't think Hillary is a feminist at all. I think she's typical of our political class in that she has no principles or at least none she wouldn't jettison the moment they became impolitic. There is no doubt she'll play the role of the disadvantaged but courageous female trying to make it in a man's world. She'll do that because it's politically useful for her to do so. Self-proclaimed feminists will of course do everything in their power to further that election narrative. Liek I said, my comments are more an expression of my disgust with the latter. Hillary is just like the rest of our politicians. Singling her out would not be fair.

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 09:07 PM

she has none

It makes life easier.

del
04-26-2016, 09:09 PM
she should change her name to janus

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 09:09 PM
I don't think Hillary is a feminist at all. I think she's typical of our political class in that she has no principles or at least none she wouldn't jettison the moment they became impolitic. There is no doubt she'll play the role of the disadvantaged but courageous female trying to make it in a man's world. She'll do that because it's politically useful for her to do so. Self-proclaimed feminists will of course do everything in their power to further that election narrative. Liek I said, my comments are more an expression of my disgust with the latter. Hillary is just like the rest of our politicians. Singling her out would not be fair.

And the "news" is in the tank for her. That doesn't hurt.

del
04-26-2016, 09:11 PM
i think the news is in the tank for whoever is the pre-approved candidate on either side.

they're all coming around to trump now.

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 09:16 PM
i think the news is in the tank for whoever is the pre-approved candidate on either side.

they're all coming around to trump now.

90+% of the "reporters" will unabashedly vote Hillary.

JDubya
04-26-2016, 10:10 PM

she has none

Saint Bernie.

https://img0.etsystatic.com/139/1/12641347/il_340x270.933060396_lga8.jpg

:bow: :pope: :angel5:

JDubya
04-26-2016, 10:11 PM
And the "news" is in the tank for her. That doesn't hurt.

You're imagining things.

zelmo1234
04-26-2016, 11:22 PM
Hell yeah.....a Townhall with MSDNC and Rachael Maddow. They can make Wall Street bank on that. :laugh:

Well if they are all going to be women, Rachael, I mean Paul can't be on it

JVV
04-27-2016, 01:07 AM
Why didn't the Clinton Foundation make their leadership look like America?

JVV
04-27-2016, 01:11 AM

This has got to be one of the saddest things I have ever heard?

Most churches dictate that women stay married to evil men?

Um ... I kind of doubt it. And even if it is so, that doesn't make it right.

And for a Democrat to defend a woman being bound to a cheating husband? Being "dictated" to stay with him?

Yes, one of the saddest things I've ever heard.

Every time I think you've reached your lowest point in your defense of Hillary, you show me you're willing to go even lower.

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 01:23 AM
I don't see how... Face it... girls are just as smart and can do just as well as boys... Didn't you learn that already?

del thinks Clinton is pandering, so that must mean he thinks girls aren't as smart as boys.

Who can argue with that kind of logic?

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 01:25 AM
I say it's about time we passed the reins over to the women.

Let's see what they can do.

Men haven't done such a great job so far.

But only if those women agree with you. Don't forget that part.

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 01:27 AM

Well, except for him possibly raping women and Hillary helping him to cover it up. That would reflect pretty poorly on her.

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 01:30 AM

she has none

I'm sorry. But you're wrong. She is firmly committed to the principle of self-interest.

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 01:32 AM
Why didn't the Clinton Foundation make their leadership look like America?

Maybe they were worried about how women members would perceive Clinton's cozy relationship with the patriarchal, anti-democratic Saudi regime.

AeonPax
04-27-2016, 04:30 AM
She is pandering.
`
That's all she does.

Peter1469
04-27-2016, 04:43 AM
You're imagining things.

Your opinion is noted.

Quicksilver
04-27-2016, 05:13 AM
Right but waste of time.

Idiocy/hypocrisy.

Oh Bull$hit... and had she divorced him she would have been criticized for that too... Not being able to "work it out" and the Religious Right would have skewered her for "not honoring her vows" or staying the course through better or worse. Hillary did what she felt best.. I'm not sure how any of you can make comments on her reasons. Maybe she did and still DOES love her husband.. NO one here is in the position to make that judgement. All you are doing is speculating about something that is none of your business... and the Clintons' personal relationship certainly is none of your business.

Ransom
04-27-2016, 06:19 AM
Oh Bull$hit... and had she divorced him she would have been criticized for that too... Not being able to "work it out" and the Religious Right would have skewered her for "not honoring her vows" or staying the course through better or worse. Hillary did what she felt best.. I'm not sure how any of you can make comments on her reasons. Maybe she did and still DOES love her husband.. NO one here is in the position to make that judgement. All you are doing is speculating about something that is none of your business... and the Clintons' personal relationship certainly is none of your business.

At least her ankle yapper Huma had the kahunas to toss her cheating dog out of the house. Hillary's decisions were political just like your vote for her in November. But stop trying to defend her, it makes you look the bucket carrying sycophant.

Adelaide
04-27-2016, 06:41 AM
This will probably be an empty promise. As she panders her way through the election process, I am sure she is probably tapping people who help her (such as endorsing her).

MMC
04-27-2016, 06:44 AM

Past performance for the last 50 years is 84-92% vote Demo. Which doesn't count the Clintons flooding the MS Media with their Cult followers.

Question is.....why are we not putting out these Reporters names, their Editors, etc etc. Why are they being allowed to walk around freely in public without taking any flak? When they open their mouths to speak. There should be those that are Independents and from the Right, to be there to put correct accurate info out there. Thus making that Lib reporter, look like the piece of dung it was created to be.

Its time to make their lives difficult. Their family members to. Bet then they will change up on how they report the news. Rather than trying to protect the Weakness of the Country.

Ransom
04-27-2016, 06:48 AM

While sitting there in frustration trying to figure out why anyone would vote for Trump. Classic

donttread
04-27-2016, 07:56 AM

Sure she can. After all women are much better at organizing cabinets than men, at least in the kitchen! ( It's just a joke) In fact it might get us some non-donkephant insiders appointed which would be good

FindersKeepers
04-27-2016, 08:11 AM

Sure they are -- but -- proportionally, women who are in the running for those cabinet positions are far fewer than their male counterparts.

Were she being honest (and, we all know that's unlikely), Hillary would choose the best person for each of the cabinet positions. If she chooses based on gender, then she's a bigot, pure and simple.

maineman
04-27-2016, 08:19 AM
Sure they are -- but -- proportionally, women who are in the running for those cabinet positions are far fewer than their male counterparts.

Were she being honest (and, we all know that's unlikely), Hillary would choose the best person for each of the cabinet positions. If she chooses based on gender, then she's a bigot, pure and simple.

I do not believe that there is ever just ONE person who is "the best" for a national position. Hillary needs to ensure that not only are the cabinet members well suited for their jobs, but that they work well together and provide the collective vision and tone that she needs to help her best govern.

FindersKeepers
04-27-2016, 08:25 AM
I do not believe that there is ever just ONE person who is "the best" for a national position. Hillary needs to ensure that not only are the cabinet members well suited for their jobs, but that they work well together and provide the collective vision and tone that she needs to help her best govern.

I would agree that there is always "someone better -- somewhere," but out of a dozen or so applicants up for consideration, any employer should be able to choose one that is the "best" or "most qualified" for the job, based on that applicant's prior work history, professional successes and degree of knowledge required to successfully do the job.

But, to insinuate, in advance, that she will base her decision (at least partially) on gender shows bigotry.

del
04-27-2016, 08:28 AM
I'm sorry. But you're wrong. She is firmly committed to the principle of self-interest.

i stand corrected

maineman
04-27-2016, 08:50 AM
I would agree that there is always "someone better -- somewhere," but out of a dozen or so applicants up for consideration, any employer should be able to choose one that is the "best" or "most qualified" for the job, based on that applicant's prior work history, professional successes and degree of knowledge required to successfully do the job.

But, to insinuate, in advance, that she will base her decision (at least partially) on gender shows bigotry.

it shows her commitment to having a mix. Groups of all males routinely make different decisions that groups of females given the same problem to solve. Female group think is just as disastrous as male group think. A mixed gender cabinet that can get past gender bias and work together will arrive at different and better solutions to problems, imho.

And given that these are extremely high level national positions, I am sure that her applicant pool is in the hundreds, not a dozen or so... and, from that, when the cream rises to the top, there will undoubtedly be women in enough of those pools that the right mix can be created without sacrificing the superior quality of the appointee.

FindersKeepers
04-27-2016, 09:28 AM
it shows her commitment to having a mix. Groups of all males routinely make different decisions that groups of females given the same problem to solve. Female group think is just as disastrous as male group think. A mixed gender cabinet that can get past gender bias and work together will arrive at different and better solutions to problems, imho. [/quote

Being open to hiring the person best suited for the position is the sign of a good leader. Choosing based on anything but qualifications is the sign of a poor leader.

[quote]And given that these are extremely high level national positions, I am sure that her applicant pool is in the hundreds, not a dozen or so... and, from that, when the cream rises to the top, there will undoubtedly be women in enough of those pools that the right mix can be created without sacrificing the superior quality of the appointee.

That's a nice thought -- and, hopefully it would work out that way -- but, typically, only a dozen or so are considered for cabinet positions. Fewer, actually. Because these cabinet members affect the entire nation -- it behooves any good leader to choose wisely. Just as a male President who refused to entertain females for any specific position would be a practice in bigotry -- so it is true if the reverse happens.

maineman
04-27-2016, 09:44 AM
Being open to hiring the person best suited for the position is the sign of a good leader. Choosing based on anything but qualifications is the sign of a poor leader.

again... I disagree with your assertion that there is only one best person for any position. she is not just hiring individuals. she is hiring her cabinet who collectively advises her on a multitude of issues.

That's a nice thought -- and, hopefully it would work out that way -- but, typically, only a dozen or so are considered for cabinet positions. Fewer, actually. Because these cabinet members affect the entire nation -- it behooves any good leader to choose wisely. Just as a male President who refused to entertain females for any specific position would be a practice in bigotry -- so it is true if the reverse happens.

Did Hillary mention any specific position that she was keeping for females only? I must have missed that.

del
04-27-2016, 09:46 AM
by definition there is only one best person for anything.

maineman
04-27-2016, 09:52 AM
by definition there is only one best person for anything.

semantics. There are any number of well qualified people who could excel at running any cabinet level department.

JVV
04-27-2016, 10:28 AM
it shows her commitment to having a mix. Groups of all males routinely make different decisions that groups of females given the same problem to solve. Female group think is just as disastrous as male group think. A mixed gender cabinet that can get past gender bias and work together will arrive at different and better solutions to problems, imho.

And given that these are extremely high level national positions, I am sure that her applicant pool is in the hundreds, not a dozen or so... and, from that, when the cream rises to the top, there will undoubtedly be women in enough of those pools that the right mix can be created without sacrificing the superior quality of the appointee.

If she had a commitment to anything but pandering, the Clinton Foundation would have been setting the example before this.

Everybody. Knows. What. This. Is. About.

Ethereal
04-27-2016, 10:32 AM
If she had a commitment to anything but pandering, the Clinton Foundation would have been setting the example before this.

The only example the Clinton Foundation set was how to run one of the biggest slush funds in history.

maineman
04-27-2016, 10:33 AM

Your. Opinion. Is. Not. Shared. By. Everybody.

JVV
04-27-2016, 11:06 AM
Your. Opinion. Is. Not. Shared. By. Everybody.

Of course you are correct. Some people are gullible.

*shrug*

maineman
04-27-2016, 11:10 AM
Of course you are correct. Some people are gullible.

*shrug*

opinions are like assholes, you know. everyone's got one, and most of them smell. Yours smells.