PDA

View Full Version : tPF New Poll Shows Turmoil Ahead for Republicans

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 08:14 PM
New Poll Shows Turmoil Ahead for Republicans
By Taegan Goddard

https://politicalwire.com/2016/04/25/new-poll-shows-turmoil-ahead-for-republicans/

"Meanwhile, 40% of Republicans whose favored candidate is not nominated said they will vote for the Democratic nominee, seriously consider a third-party candidate, stay home on Election Day in November, or are undecided."

============================================
Thanks to Political Wire and Taegan Goddard for this fine report!

Imho, The disappointment of Republicans by Republicans is growing and can only get worse. But can we honestly blame them? I think not. After all, they have selected very poor choices to be their nominee and they are in utter disarray at the moment with infighting that is now very close to having them implode.

The forum rules will be strictly observed by participants in this thread or non-conforming members will be thread banned.

If You Don't Like What Is Being Discussed In the OP You Can Always Do the Courteous Thing and Just Leave the Thread.

Captain Obvious
04-26-2016, 08:26 PM
I would be included in that if I were a Republican.

I'm a conservative and I'll be voting conservative this time around, third party.

Subdermal
04-26-2016, 08:26 PM
I wonder if the OP studiously avoids the polls that show many Bernie voters voting Trump instead of Hillary.

JVV
04-26-2016, 08:38 PM
I wonder if the OP studiously avoids the polls that show many Bernie voters voting Trump instead of Hillary.

People like TrueBlue make me wish I could vote for Trump.

But I can't bring myself to do that.

Of course I won't vote for Hillary either. *gag*

Pollsters are going to go crazy trying to predict how many people won't vote for either major party's candidate.

That's going to mess with down ticket predictions also.

Yes, I'll be voting. No, I won't vote for Hillary or Trump. Yes, I'll vote for the Democrats down ticket.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 08:44 PM
Hopefully that is not so. But since Sanders, an Independent, has come in only to be the spoiler, I wouldn't put it past them as some, being Republicans to begin with, may not have real ties to the Democratic Party. We'll see.

Peter1469
04-26-2016, 09:00 PM
There will be a lot of cross-party voting this cycle. That is a good thing.

Chris
04-26-2016, 09:00 PM
I'd rather hear what disgruntled Democrats are going to do when their primary is decided. My guess is the same as the Reps. That's good. It's about time.

Subdermal
04-26-2016, 09:20 PM
Hopefully that is not so. But since Sanders, an Independent, has come in only to be the spoiler, I wouldn't put it past them as some, being Republicans to begin with, may not have real ties to the Democratic Party. We'll see.

They're Bernie voters. They're not Republicans. They're anti-Establishment - and you cannot understand them, because you're not one of them.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 09:22 PM
I'd rather hear what disgruntled Democrats are going to do when their primary is decided. My guess is the same as the Reps. That's good. It's about time.
Well if they're smart, as indeed they should be, they'll stick by Hillary! If they're dumb and don't care that their rights and benefits will be decimated by a Republican president they'll hand it over to Trump by de facto. And that can't, by any means, be good for America as a whole.

del
04-26-2016, 09:22 PM
by de facto

:biglaugh:

Crepitus
04-26-2016, 09:26 PM
Well if they're smart, as indeed they should be, they'll stick by Hillary! If they're dumb and don't care that their rights and benefits will be decimated by a Republican president they'll hand it over to Trump by de facto. And that can't, by any means, be good for America as a whole.

I gotta say, as a long time democrat, hillary make even someone as bad as Trump look good. I won't be one of those voting for him, but I won't be voting for her either.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 09:28 PM
They're Bernie voters. They're not Republicans. They're anti-Establishment - and you cannot understand them, because you're not one of them.
Not according to various news reports! They are reporting that many so called "Bernie supporters" are actually Republicans actively working for and supporting Sanders, at least at this point, because they are deathly afraid that Hillary will get the nomination and will trounce Trump and she of course will! So, while he may have others on his side, many are just wolves in sheep's clothing.

JVV
04-26-2016, 09:28 PM

Some of them are Republicans. Republicans who were grateful to finally have the chance to vote for an honest politician who wants to bring power back to the people.

But establishment Democrats can't bear to have a candidate who appeals to the better nature of people left, right and middle.

No, they're too corrupt. They picked Hillary, and Hillary will be the nominee, by hook or by crook. And leftwingers will be shamed into voting for her as the "lesser evil".

Well, that is the plan.

So now the question is how many leftwingers will cooperate and vote for the evil that the Democratic establishment has chosen for them.

Subdermal
04-26-2016, 09:41 PM
Some of them are Republicans. Republicans who were grateful to finally have the chance to vote for an honest politician who wants to bring power back to the people.

But establishment Democrats can't bear to have a candidate who appeals to the better nature of people left, right and middle.

No, they're too corrupt. They picked Hillary, and Hillary will be the nominee, by hook or by crook. And leftwingers will be shamed into voting for her as the "lesser evil".

Well, that is the plan.

So now the question is how many leftwingers will cooperate and vote for the evil that the Democratic establishment has chosen for them.

No, they're not Republicans.

JVV
04-26-2016, 09:52 PM

Most aren't.

Some are.

My husband voted for Bernie in our primary. He's a Republican. Democrats had a chance to have a honorable nominee who could have helped to grow the Democratic party. A truly big tent candidate. Instead they chose to be corrupt and go with someone whom only partisan Democrats like, and even 35% of Democrats consider dishonest.

With Clinton as the nominee, my husband will vote for whoever the GOP nominee is. He won't be like me and write-in Sanders. His vote will be 100% anti-Clinton.

TrueBlue
04-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Many certainly are! But the even greater story is that while they don't want to see Hillary win over Trump they are actively supporting Bernie because he is seen as the weaker target to beat in November over Hillary and they want for him to become the Democratic nominee which would get them an automatic Republican win! And that's the way it is.

Adelaide
04-27-2016, 06:28 AM
My guess is Bernie Sanders runs as an independent and splits the left. I think the Republicans are pretty safe even with Trump as the nomination.

Mac-7
04-27-2016, 06:29 AM
I'm a conservative and I'll be voting conservative this time around, third party.

Hillary says thanks for your help

leekohler2
04-27-2016, 09:25 AM
My guess is Bernie Sanders runs as an independent and splits the left. I think the Republicans are pretty safe even with Trump as the nomination.

I'm surprised you would say that. There is no indication at all the the GOP is safe with Trump. Quite the opposite.

http://www.pollingreport.com/wh16gen.htm

suds00
04-27-2016, 09:50 AM
six months to go!