PDA

View Full Version : What went down at Milo’s talk at American University

Peter1469
04-27-2016, 08:32 PM
What went down at Milo’s talk at American University (http://What went down at Milo’s talk at American University)

Milo Yiannopoulus brought his Dangerous Faggot tour to American University. (http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/46790-2/) The precious snow flakes that make up the student body when completely ape-shit. For some reason they dressed like the cast of the Rocky Horror Picture Show - is that common for today's youth? They cried, they yelled, they said Milo had no free speech rights and more.

Milo smiled and told them he would donate $20 for every instance where he was interrupted.

The children who are supposed to be learning critical thinking skills display no critical thinking. They thought that Milo had no right to speak, because he did not agree with them. He challenged their liberal-brainwashed minds.

Did they learn anything? Doubtful.

Another girl stood up with a sign that read, “Free speech ≠ Hate speech.” Actually, yes, free speech protects hate speech.

I don’t get these people. Do they think free speech only protects uncontroversial opinions and sweet compliments? No one is trying to shut down that kind of speech. As Ron Paul says, “We don’t have freedom of speech to talk about the weather. ” If you don’t believe that free speech protects hate speech, then you don’t believe in free speech.

I don’t agree with Milo on everything, but I believe that he has a right to say it. Freedom shouldn’t be contingent on whether *I* agree with their opinion. I find the Westboro Baptist church members to be vile. But do I support their freedom of speech? Absolutely.

Milo spoke about the insanity of feminism and politically correct culture on college campuses. He said that finally “hot people” were fed up with PC culture. Libertarians have been talking about this problem for years and no one cared because libertarians are losers. I laughed. It’s Okay. I can take a joke with an unfortunate amount of truth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2U3UHonIZBw

Mister D
04-27-2016, 08:39 PM
lol The guy obviously thrives on progressive outrage and makes sport of them precisely because they can't respond rationally. Will they ever learn?

Peter1469
04-27-2016, 08:53 PM
lol The guy obviously thrives on progressive outrage and makes sport of them precisely because they can't respond rationally. Will they ever learn?

No. The left is not educated. They are trained to react. They can't think for themselves.

In the Exo Trump speech thread there has been exactly zero substantive criticisms of the speech. Plenty of emotion based angst though.

Mister D
04-27-2016, 08:55 PM
No. The left is not educated. They are trained to react. They can't think for themselves.

In the Exo Trump speech thread there has been exactly zero substantive criticisms of the speech. Plenty of emotion based angst though.

Yeah, I saw that. I didn't think the speech was bad at all. He said some things that are obviously true.

Peter1469
04-27-2016, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I saw that. I didn't think the speech was bad at all. He said some things that are obviously true.

I got the feeling that he lurks here. Some of that was quoting me. :smiley:

Subdermal
04-27-2016, 10:49 PM
That was entertaining. leekohler2 would have a focking stroke over this guy.

:biglaugh: