PDA

View Full Version : Hey I know Deny Deny Deny: But Jim DiMint, who should know, admits it!

Cigar
04-28-2016, 01:40 PM
Jim DeMint, the former South Carolina senator and Tea Party firebrand who is now the president of the Heritage Foundation, became the latest in a string of conservatives to admit that restrictive voting laws such as voter ID requirements are an attempt to help Republicans win elections, telling a St. Louis radio host yesterday that voter ID laws help elect “more conservative candidates.”

Talk radio host Jamie Allman asked DeMint about Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s move to restore the voting rights of people in the state who had served time for felonies, a draconian restriction that disproportionately affected African-Americans by design. DeMint responded that McAuliffe’s action was “awfully suspicious” and tied it to what he claimed was a Democratic plan to get votes from “illegals” and through “voter fraud.” “Well, it’s awfully suspicious coming into a big election in a state where it’s actually pretty close,” he said. “I mean, states can decide who votes, but the governor themselves without legislative action, that seems over the top to me. I haven’t seen an complete analysis here, but the left is trying to draw votes from illegals, from voter fraud, a lot of different things, so this kind of fits right in to trying to find another group that they can basically count on to vote their way.” “So it’s really a bigger issue,” he added, “and that’s why the left fights voter ID or any kind of picture ID to know that it is actually a registered voter who’s voting. And so it’s something we’re working on all over the country, because in the states where they do have voter ID laws you’ve seen, actually, elections begin to change towards more conservative candidates.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/jim-demint-voter-id-helps-elect-more-conservative-candidates#sthash.rlvGoTR7.dpuf

Mac-7
04-28-2016, 01:47 PM
That makes sense

the fewer illegal votes cast by democrats the better it is for republicans

hanger4
04-28-2016, 02:09 PM
Jim DeMint, the former South Carolina senator and Tea Party firebrand who is now the president of the Heritage Foundation, became the latest in a string of conservatives to admit that restrictive voting laws such as voter ID requirements are an attempt to help Republicans win elections, telling a St. Louis radio host yesterday that voter ID laws help elect “more conservative candidates.”

Talk radio host Jamie Allman asked DeMint about Virginia Gov. Terry McAuliffe’s move to restore the voting rights of people in the state who had served time for felonies, a draconian restriction that disproportionately affected African-Americans by design. DeMint responded that McAuliffe’s action was “awfully suspicious” and tied it to what he claimed was a Democratic plan to get votes from “illegals” and through “voter fraud.” “Well, it’s awfully suspicious coming into a big election in a state where it’s actually pretty close,” he said. “I mean, states can decide who votes, but the governor themselves without legislative action, that seems over the top to me. I haven’t seen an complete analysis here, but the left is trying to draw votes from illegals, from voter fraud, a lot of different things, so this kind of fits right in to trying to find another group that they can basically count on to vote their way.” “So it’s really a bigger issue,” he added, “and that’s why the left fights voter ID or any kind of picture ID to know that it is actually a registered voter who’s voting. And so it’s something we’re working on all over the country, because in the states where they do have voter ID laws you’ve seen, actually, elections begin to change towards more conservative candidates.”

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/jim-demint-voter-id-helps-elect-more-conservative-candidates#sthash.rlvGoTR7.dpuf

You really didn't read your OP did you Cigar ??

birddog
04-28-2016, 02:37 PM
DeMint is advocating honesty and legality. What McAuliffe did is neither. He has the power to do what he did individually, but not on a group basis.

Cigar
04-28-2016, 02:48 PM
That makes sense

the fewer illegal votes cast by democrats the better it is for republicans

Wait ... now this week it's different :laugh:

hanger4
04-28-2016, 03:29 PM
Wait ... now this week it's different :laugh:

Nope pretty much the same, just usual Cigar thread fails.

MisterVeritis
04-28-2016, 03:31 PM
I only came to see the trainwreck.

Thanks Cigar.

Peter1469
04-28-2016, 05:30 PM
lol